(See All?) Announcements
645 Users Online
Google, Bing

I feel alone without you! — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hawthorn who has 35 posts.
Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
@Ravenna and anyone else! Emmy is here to take you up on your offer! Thoughts. Speech.

Emmy was careful to not make herself noticeable in the surrounding terrain, the coyotes had put her on edge, and if there was ever a time to join a pack... it was now. She darted quickly through the trees, her breath coming in gasps, these coyotes were not like most... they were stronger and bigger than her. Not long ago she had found a family of coyotes, their noises had made her curious enough to investigate, and upon seeing them... she had to hold back a wail of terror at the size they wielded. Ever since then she had been running towards Ravenna with the hops of at least being able to stay with the pack for a while.

Nearing the territory again, she slowed to a stop. She was here, finally... She had come no closer to finding her brother but at least she still knew of a place where she could be welcomed. She smiled at the thought of seeing Ravenna again! it had been over a month scince they saw each other last and... perhaps Emmy would get to meet Ravenna's pups! She jumped at the thought of seeing the cute little balls of fur all rolled together at their mother's stomach.

She took a deep breath and howled with a tone worthy of an ARCHER! Calling out... "RAVENNA! IS THE OFFER STILL OPEN?" And sat down before continuing... "I need somewhere to stay safe from these coyotes! Please let me stay with you!"
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
It was just days before Ravenna would reveal her children to the rest of the pack and bring them from the birthing den into the Infirmary den where she would continue to raise them with Leotie. It was bad timing because of this, because Ravenna would be reluctant to leave her pups. But a small manner of luck was also in Emmaline's favor because @Adeltra was here with them in the den and @Blitz she was fairly certain she could smell him near, likely back with food. Hearing the desperation in Emmaline's howl and the words within it, Ravenna would ask the youth to watch over her pups whilst she slept. She would be right back.

It was nearly three weeks since she had gone this far from the pack den, even longer since she had come to the borders of her home. Emmaline was sitting, waiting, but the small girl seemed obviously stressed. The coyotes around here had certainly stirred things up a bit. "Cousin." She spoke the title with a smile. Though she was not certain exactly how of relation they were, Ravenna knew her to be an Archer of Torbine which made them family kne way or another. 'Cousin' seemed as good as any. "Come over our border and let's speak. They won't cross."

Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
Hope she can convince @Ravenna to let her stay. Thoughts. Speech.

Emmy was relieved to hear the word "Cousin" come out of Ravenna's mouth, it reminded her that she was not alone, and that she always had a friend if she needed her. After hearing the invitation to cross the border, Emmy sighed with exasperation, and did not hesitate to do so dutifully. She smiled at Ravenna and spoke... "Thank you, Ravenna, I am glad that I have you to be able to come to in a time of need such as this. It gives me a SANGUINE feeling about The Lore."

She grinned widely and closed her eyes with the happiness she felt. She shook out her fur and proceeded to give Ravenna a submissive but friendly lick on the bottom of the chin, hoping that she was not overstepping her bounds. She stood up and asked... "So I see that you must have had your pups, are they well?"
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
The youth came to her without hesitation, crossing over the marked borders of their doorstep and into the territory of Willow Ridge. Ravenna took a few steps back, allowing the girl to come in fully. The matriarch's gaze passed over the girl and then past her, making sure that for the time being they were not being watched by the vermin which had been lingering around the Willows. Having not been beyond Drooping Willows since the first time she had ran into the coyote, Ravenna assumed that they had just been passing through here. Not that they were nearly everywhere.

Her attention drew once more to Emmaline as she reached in, lowering before her and offering her a submissive lick to her chin. Ravenna's tail waved happily in a high banner. "Yes, yes, they are well. Thank you. One boy and one girl. They will be able to come out of the birthing den soon and introduced to the pack." And Emmaline could be a part of that pack of she so chose. "So you'd like to stay here with us, then?" She paused only a moment before continuing. "Do you plan on staying long or just until the vermin clear out, so you can continue your search for Icarus?" She needed to know so that she could also know what to expect from her as a member of the ranks.

Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
She is going to enjoy this a lot! Thoughts. Speech.

Emmy stood back and listened to Ravenna speak. She told the young agouti that her pups were doing well and would soon be introduced to the pack. Emmy smiled and spoke... "I am glad to hear that they are not injured or anything else like that, not that I thought they would be." Emmy listened further as Ravenna asked if she would like to stay with them, she was about to reply when the older woman asked if she planned on staying for a while or just until the vermin (whom she assumed were the coyotes) cleared out.

"I will not leave a pack after I have joined it. The search for my brother has not gone so well so far, and I would love to have a place to be able to bring him to when I find him." She said, hoping the truth was convincing enough. She gave her tail a joyful flick and stood up. "If you need to test me, I will gladly accept the challenge." She grinned in a sort of dark and determined way, and waited for an answer.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Shes fitting in with a placement already!

Ravenna smiled, a silent thank you to the girl's words, understanding of what she had meant. After all, it had been her first litter and while Ravenna was young and healthy, complications still could have arose, stillborns could have happened... She was lucky those risks for her were decreased, granted her skills in herbs, having taken care of herself and being protected in a pack. She could only imagine how those mothers out there, wondering around as loners, we're able to not only keep themselves healthy but their children.

Ravenna's thoughts pulled then and her attention brought back to her cousin and she spoke. Emmaline said she would not leave a pack once joining it, assumimg her dedication to it. Of course, Emmaline had left Torbine. However that was due to a drive to follow her brother's trail and she had been 'leaving the nest' so to speak. Many wolves did so, most, at some point in time in their life actually even if it was temporarily. Even Adeltra had wondered off for a time. Ravenna just happened to be a rarity in this.

"Of course," Ravenna went on then in response to Emmaline's brother. "You will pack, but your not bound here as long as your not gone for long. If your brother comes this way, he can find settlement here with you." And then she thought, as the tawny girl mentioned being tested. These words impressed Ravenna, as the yearling was willing so much to prove herself in the ranks already. "Perhaps a huntress? We have a fine one now, @Lilith, and she could use an apprentice." That way not only would Lilith get help with hunting but Emmaline would have more free range beyond the lands and be out all day while searching for food and in the process, maybe one day catch her brother's scent.

(This post was last modified: May 29, 2018, 06:41 PM by Ravenna.)

Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
What do you mean by... " Shes fitting in with a placement already!"? Thoughts. Speech.

Emmaline listened as @Ravenna suggested that she become a Huntress, and that Lilith could use an apprentice. She pondered the idea for a moment as she considered her other options, but ultimately it seemed the most practical, other than a Scout. "That sounds amazing Ravenna! I would LOVE to meet this Lilith and provide food for the pack, plus then I will always be out hunting, so then I can always be on the lookout for any signs of Icarus! The only other one I could think of would be Scout, but they kind of go together.

She smiled and started walking closer, her breath was coming in rapid bursts, she spoke... "I would love to get some info on any enemies that the pack may have, or to do something with @Lilith if you want!"
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
As in she has a future role to aspire too, of course! Also, we can fade here to a close if you'd like?

"That's what I was thinking." She spoke as the young woman before her mentioned that while she was out scouting and scenting for food she may also keep in the back of her mind catching her brother's scent too. "Not to mention of you run into any neighboring wolves you can put out a word for him too. Both the packs to the west and east of here are lead by my siblings. Of course, you met Morganna?" She spoke, remembering she had sent Emmaline in that direction should Morganna heard of him. @Morganna seemed to have a lot of eyes and ears and allies everywhere so that could only help Emmaline's cause.

"Let's stick with getting acquainted with Lilith and getting to know your homeland. You must be tired from keeping on your toes from those coyote?" She spoke when Emmaline mentioned knowing the packs enemies. Willow Ridge did not have enemies, as far as she knew. Maybe shaky terms with some of her family and @Kyna, but not enemies. "Come on, let me take you to the pack den and introduce you, then I'll have to get back to the pups." She spoke with a smile, turning and willing the girl to follow her.

FADE.
(This post was last modified: May 30, 2018, 07:16 PM by Ravenna.)