348 Users Online
Google, Bing

some moments last forever but some flare out with love — Clearwater Tarn 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
@Lenae || May 24th, Broken Clouds, 62.6 ° F, 17 ° C

Piety’s good ear folded against her crown as the child gave a soft cry of protest. She couldn’t blame him but she carried him to their destination. It was a hell of a favor to ask for, a hell of a burden to put on a new mother, but the Santoro needed this. Lenae was the only other one who had birthed a child this year (thankfully? She still wasn't sure if it was thankful or not) and thus she was fit to care for Valentin. Merely for a few days.

The look of tiredness was far too deeply etched on the leader’s face with a soft twinge of despair. If it was not for the very soft movement of her chest as her lungs reached for air, she would have perhaps looked faded of life.

Her lean figure halted outside of the Selwyn’s den, a muffled whuff escaping her as she held onto her squirming son. Before there was an answer Piety lowered herself onto the ground. She settled Valentin between her front legs to groom him with hopes it would soothe the boy. It worked. Although she doubted the silence would last very long.

(This post was last modified: May 24, 2018, 10:14 PM by Piety.)
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Alice who has 260 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn

The world outside her den could have burned down, the stars could've fallen from the sky and Lenae wouldn't have cared. Little Jenny grew bigger,stronger with each passing day. It warmed Lena'e heart to know she was doing right by her, that in keeping her close she was helping her get the best possible start in life. It was true she had been...reluctant before, unwilling to admit the mess she'd landed herself in. But now? It would be a gross exaggeration to say her daughter had made her whole, but she was doing better. It was more than she could ever ask for, really.

Yet, good things-peace- was never meant to last. Storm clouds always lingered on the horizon and on that day they inched ever closer.

Lenae's ears perked to attention at the sound of cries outside of her den. For a moment she sat there, alert and confused with her eyes wide and tail stiff. It wasn't her small, Jenny was right here, sleeping as her tiny paws twitched in contentment. She'd be old enough to leave the den in a few days time, but not yet. Lenae was enjoying this whilst she could.

Inching away, slowly as to not wake her cub, Lenae crawled to the den's entrance and poked her head out. Even with scattered clouds, the sun pierced her eyes and she winched before they adapted to the abrupt change in lighting. Not that it mattered, her sense of smell told her who was visiting. It had been some time since she'd seen her alpha and friend, Piety, and as always her presence was welcomed with a smile and a swish or two of her tail. The brown little blob of a pup though, Lenae couldn't look away from it, so small and tiny. She half wanted to tuck it against her chest, to keep it safe like she had with Jenny. Yet, it wasn't hers. She couldn't nor wouldn't do that, so she restrained those maternal instincts with some effort as her smile tightened around the corners.

"Hey, it's good to see you...And the little one, is he okay to be out?

[Image: 1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbtdg8v.png]
[Image: cwt.png]

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

The leader was proud of how well the new mother looked. The good feeling was quickly squashed with the reality of why she had come here in the first place. This was not a meeting for pleasure - even if it always was a treat to see the small female.

Just for a short bit. She replied softly as her nose pulled him close to her chest, cherishing his small movements against her. Perhaps she was about to embark on a fool's errand. Maybe she should have stayed here in the safety of the Tarn. Yet the soft emotional pain that had gripped at her - brought on by an uncomfortable mix of the literal loss of a loved one and not achieving the litter she had hoped for - knew she needed to do this. It was best to get things like this out of the way.

Her brown gaze lingered neither on her son nor on Lenae. It seemed to settle on the space between them that held nothing but the earth. It was a safe space in a sense. Maybe no one would notice the deepness of her features if she avoided looking someone in the face for more than needed.

Hesitantly, her lips parted. I need to ask a favor of you, Lenae. Her voice careful as she finally looked at the yellow-eyed mother. I understand if it's too much, I really do but...could you care for him - Valentin - for a few days? A week at most. The distance would hurt but she hoped it'd be worth it.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn

Lenae didn't know quite what to make of this. She wasn't the best reader of expressions, but it was clear enough to hear that Piety was troubled. Lenae had- perhaps foolishly- imagined that all would be well when both litters were in the world, that they would all be one big happy family. But it wasn't to be, even from the confines of her den Lenae had noticed Lorcan's absence. He had once been so attentive, dropped by every once and a while to offer herbs and medicines that would help settle her upset stomach. But...he hadn't dropped by in weeks-did he even know about little Jenny? And more importantly, was this what was bothering Piety?

She had already lost her mate in such an awful fashion, the thought that the same might have happened to Lorcan must have been torture. Lenae would have done anything to ease her burden.

"It's okay, I want to help. However I can."

It was then that Piety dropped a proverbial bombshell. Lenae could barely believe her ears, they tipped back then forward as she processed the pale leader's words. Look after him...she could certainly do that, was more than willing to really but...why? Her mind went to Lorcan once more, would she look for him? Scale the mountain to see if he had gotten lost? She licked her lips, as she shuffled forward a little more so that half of her body poked out of the den.

He was so tiny, soft and wriggly. She had to protect him.

"I can do that. There's more than enough room in the den for him, I think Jenny would like a friend. But...can I ask why? If that's not...too much."

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

She would have cried at the kindness of Lenae if her body would have allowed. Instead, it seemed she was too exhausted to shed tears. So she settled for a weak smile.

Jenny. The pale leader breathed the name softly. What a pretty name. Lenny and Jenny. A perfect combination of two wonderful females. It was the question that caused a soft pain where the heart was. The Selwyn had every right to know but that didn't make it easier to share. Speaking of the situation out loud didn't make anything easier, it made things seem more painfully real.

She took a small deep breath. I...need to find out what happened to Lorcan. I don't want something to happen to him and learn there was something I could have done to stop it. Her scarred features falling softly as she looked at the son nestled up against her chest. I trust you to take care of him. You did so well with Cyril...I'm sure this one will take to you too.

Her brown gaze glanced back up, hopeful that the new mother would understand.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn

"Oh, it's actually Jenessa but...it is pretty cute isn't it? Lenae's smile was just as sweet, but then it faltered. "Named her after my Mother."

She didn't have long to dwell on her sadness, Piety was quick to cut to the chase and it was as Lenae had feared. Lorcan really was missing, wasn't he? A lump formed in her throat, not him. Not again. A shaky sigh passed over Leane's lips as she took a steadying breath, there was no use in getting worked up, it would upset the children. If this was what Piety needed, a chance to seek out closure then Lenae would do her best to help her through it. Even if she could only watch from the sidelines and provide moral support.

Lenae had really tried her best with Cyril, so the fact that her efforts were noted, appreciated-she would be a liar to claim that it didn't make her tear up. She sniffed and wiped at her face with her paw but nodded along. She was endlessly glad she could be trusted, that Piety would allow her to take care of such a precious little one.

"I will, Piety. I promise."She paused then, before she twisted a little to glance back into her den. "Before you go...it only seems fair that you meet Jenny."

Lenae wriggled back into the den and as carefully as she could manage, plucked her from the ground. As always, the not so little bean wriggled and squeaked in complaint- how dare she rouse her from such a wonderful nap!? Or at least that's what Lenae imagined those squeaks meant.

Bringing her out into the light, Lenae gently placed the pup before the matriarch. Her coat was dark, black like her Father's,  in comparison to Valentin's tawny colours, but Lenae imagined they would look awfully sweet nuzzled up, side by side.