Google, Bing

Letting go is a hard thing to do — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
@Enia

not looking for some fairytale bliss

Almost a week had passed since the pups were introduced to each other and now they were settled into the medical den. For the first few days Leotie had been reluctant to leave them alone. They were still so young but she knew she would have to leave them to return to her duties soon. Until then she was staying close by to keep an eye on them which also would give Ravenna the freedom to get back to her duties if she wished.

With the pups now reaching a month old Leotie felt they could be alone a little more. So she would prolong her trips outside the den for a little longer. Which was what had led her to be laying outside the den. The weather was nicer then he had been in past weeks so she'd decided to enjoy it for a little while.

She rested on her side just outside the mouth of the den watching a couple of birds argue over a twig. Their chattering was keeping her from sleep but she didn't mind too much or else she would have just chased them away.

i want something just like this
Played by Lightning who has 82 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enia Athesila

Enia was doing whatever she could to be of use to her pack. With two litters - a rarity and oddity to Enia, she did whatever was asked and anything extra to ensure the safety of the Ridge pack. A part of her still felt isolated from this family, that seemed so tight-knit it almost reminded her of how she felt in Secret Woodlands only here, she didn't fit in quite as well. The Athesila woman had yet to click with anyone and over the past weeks she felt a feeling of lonliness overtake her - something she knew should never be felt in the pack setting. Something needed to give and part of it needed to be done on Enia's part. After her patrol of the borders to ensure that they were strongly marked, the young woman strode towards the center of the territory, content with retrieving a snack for herself. She paused, however, as she neared the medicinal den, a weaker scent of herbs wafting her senses and the stronger one of their second in command. Enia slowed even further, only taking a few seconds in deciding to approach the other mother of Willow Ridge. The subordinate's tail waved neutrally behind her but the smile on her face was bright and hopeful as she approach, "Hi, Leotie. Anything I can do for you t'day?" The dark girl's light brown eyes were sparkling as she looked at the mother, hoping for the smallest bit of social interaction.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

The Agouti woman was fully expecting to be left to her quiet time as she laid outside the den. She loved the children of course but even she needed a few moments. Especially now that they were starting to move around more. She of course waited until they were napping before leaving them. It was good to get some fresh air and some time to come to terms with the fact she would have to leave them to return to her duties soon. She was still second in the pack and had her own responsibilities.

The new mothers attention was caught by the approach of the dark female that she'd yet had the chance to really get to know. A smile crossed her features in greeting. “Hello Enia, there's nothing I need at this moment but you can join me,” she said as she raised her head until she was sitting sternally. “I haven't had the chance to speak with you and now is a perfect time.” Leotie had always liked to know all the members of the pack. Holding the position she did she felt it was an important part of that.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Enia Athesila

The Athesila woman's smile widened, her tail wagging at a faster tempo as she processed Leotie's words. While Enia did not mind doing work, she certainly didn't mind taking a break either, especially when she had been working hard to ensure her spot within the pack and that she was doing everything within her power to provide for those that she now considered her new family. Taking a seat, the girl focused her brown orbs on the agouti woman in front of her. "Of course. What did you want t'talk about?" The dark woman's head cocked to the side in curiosity. Maybe she would also get to know Leotie a bit more as well.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie wasn't expecting the response from the younger female at her invitation but it pleased her all the same. She waited with a smile across her features for Enia to get settled and before she could speak she was being asked a question. “I was hoping we could get to know each other a little better. Is there anything you might like to accomplish while you are here?” They could start there and move on from there. If there was something that she could help Enia with then she would like to he able to do that. Leotie also liked to know more about those she was in a pack with especially now that she had children to consider.

Inactive No Rank
Enia Athesila

There was something about Leotie that reminded Enia of her mother. Perhaps it was in the open way she smiled and welcomed her to join in on some of the quiet time she was finally getting for herself, but none the less, the young Athesila woman was taking an instant liking to the woman sitting across from her. Light brown eyes brightened at the other woman's words, pleased that she was thinking along the same thoughts as Enia. Lately, the subordinate had been craving interaction with her pack mates more than anything else. It was hard living with others that she hadn't grown up with. "I just want t'do what I can for the pack," her voice was soft, thoughtful. When she spoke again, her eyebrows were creased together, "My dad used t'say I'd be a great scout and that's what I really wanted t'focus on. But if the pack needs something else, I can learn t'adjust and do whatever is needed of me." She really did miss her father. He had been a guiding light in her life and it had been one of the worst days of her life when he passed.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

With the pups getting bigger and other members of the pack to watch over them Leotie knew it was time she got back to work. Part of that she felt was to help the newer members feel welcome and to find their place within the pack. More than that though she found Willow Ridge to be a closer knit pack than others she'd been in which was what she liked best about it. Enia was new and Leotie felt she was still finding her footing she hoped that spending some time getting to know her would help the girl. “That’s a very good attitude to have and I think it will take you far. It's the same one I had when I first came to the lore and joined my first pack.” Leotie had always had that sort of attitude and she felt it served her well. She could see good things for Enia in the future. The Agouti woman smiled as the younger female spoke of her father and what he thought of the role she should take up. “I don't see why you couldn't train to be a scout and work on other things. That way if your needed elsewhere you have the training there too. When I came to the ridge I was working toward being both a scout and a guardian so I could fill both roles if need be.” Her passion was scouting though but like Enia she was willing to do what the pack needed. “My point is Enia you should do what's in your heart.”

Inactive No Rank
Enia Athesila

The young woman nodded her head along with what Leotie was saying. It made sense to become compotent in more than one area. She could be useful to the pack in more than one way and she was sure that it would be a way to stand out to Ravenna and Sven. Of course, she wouldn't overexert herself but it would be good to keep in mind, especially when finding out what she was really passionate about. During her time in Secret Woodlands, she had never had a chance to figure out what that was because the pack seemed to always be dealing with one tragedy after the next. Enia offered the older woman a smile, "Thank you. That makes a lot of sense, actually." She was silent for a few moments before speaking again, "How long have you been in the Willow Ridge?"

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Enia was new to the pack and the last thing that Leotie wanted to do was discourage her from being successful. Leotie had always had a sense of what she wanted to do in a pack but she knew not everyone did know. Her words were encouraging and she hoped took some pressure off the young female in figuring out what she wanted to do in the ridge. “Your welcome and. I hope it serves you well Enia. Just remember I want to see you succeed and get happy so I will help however I can.” Perhaps knowing someone was in her corner would help as well. “I've been here since the fall. Sometimes it feels like I've been here all along and other times it feels like such a short amount of time.” She wasn't sure why that was but she had gained her bearings and learned the ropes, Enia could too.

Inactive No Rank
Enia Athesila

She offered another smile to Leotie in thanks. If all the members in the pack were as open and kind as her then the Athesila was sure she would have no problem adjusting to the new pack. The tricolor woman's response intrigued her though. Not even a year into joining the Ridge and she was already having children? Was that a common thing for all the wolves in the pack? It had been a strict rule in Secret Woodlands that only the leading pair could mate. Enia never knew why it was enforced so strongly but it was what she grew up with, so this change was something completely new to her. It was something she would have to get used to though, especially since this was where she was living now. "Well I'm glad you adjusted so quickly. It's comforting t'know that Willow Ridge is so welcoming." It had been pure chance that Enia had found the Ridge but there was no where else she'd rather be.