Google, Bing

Incomplete — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nim who has 14 posts.
Inactive
Corona Fayre

corona

you can reach for the moon

There was a certain 'awe' about this land. She had felt it the moment she ran into the two wolves - and coyotes- just days before. It was hope. A new beginning. From the mustard hues of grass that licked at her belly, to the vast untamed winds twisting their routes through the thin tree-lines which banked the territory. Being so put out into the open had made her feel so hollow inside. Vulnerable. Perhaps this is how it just was out here, in the world of a lone wolf. As quickly as the thought came, it occurred to her why they'd been deemed just as such. The loneliness... it was chilling.

Only having been here for a few nights, Corona's engagements with others had been very slim. Something told her there was more here, somewhere. She could smell it. The bustling northern winds coursed through her fur sending with them the sights and smells of those who had claimed the land. Her cloud-colored gaze widened, black-trimmed ears quickly pointing forward. "No!" She was trespassing! Her movements grew still. How had she missed this before?! Nostrils flared as she tried to pinpoint each scent that found its way to this land, just as she had. There was one, two, three, and several more! How had she missed this before?! Just as the humiliation began to taunt her, a thought occurred. Father had always said it was a natural instinct to need others of her kind around, to find them. It was the best way for her to learn. This wasn't her fault, it couldn't be!

A front paw lifted and brought her forward. She stopped, harks positioned eagerly forward, sending every tiny sound to the thin hairs attempting to hide her ears. There she waited, for just a moment, listening... There was a growing rumbling sound and Corona shifted her gaze to the looming clouds ahead of her. They were coming in from the south. Those southern storms brought in warm gusts of air that shifted the winds, as well as the scents that came with it. From her stationary position, other than the thunderous roar, nothing terrible seemed to have happened to her. Limbs began to move from their taut position, sensory organs growing haywire with information. This wasn't so bad. Yet, little did she know, it very well could be.

"speak"

Anywhere your dreams can take you
(This post was last modified: Jun 20, 2018, 10:00 PM by Corona.)
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
Special tag for WRF members. Corona is trespassing. @Laike @Adelayde @Chimera @Alvar @griffin @Nikholai @Vasilisa Join thread for @Lekalta and @Deacon are also considered finished so they would also be welcomed. Guardian dem 1/3

Everything seemed calm in the Rye pack. Aside from the vermin that plagued their lands and other wolves that visited the border here and there - some of which had joined. The Rye Queen was doing everything she could to keep the pack together and it was with the considerable efforts of the rest of the pack. Jessie was doing a routine run of the borders, remarking their territory and ensuring that everyone knew - including the coyotes - that they were still there. As she was headed back in to the heart of Rye territory, and wind blew carrying the scent of an intruder to the mother's nostrils. Turning on her heel, emerald eyes narrowed, lips pulling back into a displeased snarl. Silently, the former Scout pushed towards where the scent came from. The pepper-and-salt colored woman broke into a trot, the trespassor coming into view. Tail waving high above her back, the leader of the Rye's voice was harsh, "I don't take kindly to outsiders crossing my border. Explain yourself." Or suffer the consequences. Emerald eyes narrowed their glare on the other woman.

(This post was last modified: Sep 28, 2018, 10:01 PM by Jessie.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
guardian demonstration 1/3

Laike Artemieva
some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
some die looking for a hand to hold

His nostrils flared at the scent of a stranger. A fierce sense of protectiveness (he had always been protective, mind you, but it had been amplified by the birth of his children) washed over him. His tail arched over his spine as his fur bristled, lips peeling back. He arrived on the scene shortly after his co-lead Jessie.

The posture of the male lead would only amplify the harshness of the female lead's words. He did not attack yet but his form was ready to spring into action as he kept his jaws parted ever so slightly. A low growl threatened to bubble up from his chest and into the air. He wanted answers and he wanted them now.

(This post was last modified: Aug 24, 2018, 09:03 PM by Laike.)
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Deacon

He had arrived a bit late to the scene it seemed but his leaders had already beat him. Deacon decided there was already enough heat on the female but that didn't stop him from lingering in the background behind the Rye's leading pair. His form was defensive but not as dominant as either of the other Rye wolves. The male leader was not the only one with children to protect. Deacon had his own daughter (and Old Gods watching over his sons) to protect.

The swarthy male was ready to offer himself in assisting this female out of the territories. Granted as far as he was concerned, they should have already attacked her. But this was not his pack to rule so he didn't call the shots here.

Inactive
Corona Fayre

corona

Just as Cori had taken a few comfortable steps, a sooty wolf had found her. And from what she could tell, this female looked heated! "Greeeeat!" she thought snidely. She was never one to get along well with the females, maybe it was because they always saw her as an outcast a sort of "not one of us" type of deal. Perhaps it was the unnecessary need to be a 'mother' she didn't share with them. They always talked about the males, and she just stood there, silent. It wasn't like she didn't like them, but she just didn't have anything to share with them. She never really understood it. This female however, this sooty wolf who'd graced her with her presence spoke of 'her' pack, so this must be the Alpha of the territory Corona just happened to be passing through in. Even better.

Corona stiffened her posture. She was frozen, paralyzed by the abundance of wolves appearing before her. It was marvelous for one, to see such grace, dignity, and order. Very impressive.

It wasn't long before Corona had found her footing once more - her own dignity. She would have addressed the Alpha accordingly, however, she knew not of the sooty female's name and an added 'Ma'am', seemed less informal, a simple one would have to do.
"My apologies." she nodded affirmatively, staring defiantly at the trio. They all looked as if she were a coyote or a bear of some sort, rearing towards their pups. They were ready for a fight, and with all of the strength and pride Corona held within her, she would defend herself. "I was passing through, surveying the land, when a large gust of wind brought your pack's scent to me, it was mere seconds after when I realized." "What I had done..." She couldn't admit it. She was too prideful, too strong to admit a weakness to these new defendants.

However, she was still, respectful. Gray optics scanned the trio as she spoke her next few words, her voice a confident tone.

"I mean no harm."  

(This post was last modified: Aug 24, 2018, 08:56 PM by Laike. Edit Reason: broken code )
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
Guardian dem 2/3

It was not long before she was backed by Laike and Deacon. A sort of warm pride flooded her at the feeling that Wild Rye Fields was now stable enough to have their members backing one another and being alert for trespassers. Not that this was something Jessie wanted for the pack - as it was a hastle and not what she wanted to deal with on a sunny day.

The Rye Queen's tail swayed high above her back, flicking in warning to her co-lead and subordinate to stay put. It was only one loner that crossed their borders and with the three of them it would be highly dishonorable to attack at this point. It was an unfair fight unless she decided to povoke them. The monochrome woman's grey ears flicked forward, emerald eyes narrowing on the skinny woman in front of her as the Tainn listened to the explanation offered. It seemed wrong to call it an accident, as their borders were strongly marked but Jessie was in no mood for a fight. Yet, every second that this woman spent on her grounds made the sickening twist in her stomach more poignant. Her voice was form, gaze not wavering from their intruder, "If that's the case, then you should leave." The Rye matriarch nodded in the direction of their boundaries, lips pursed in a thin line.

(This post was last modified: Sep 28, 2018, 10:02 PM by Jessie.)
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Apologies for the delay yall! @Corona @Jessie. I'm just gonna PP Deacon in my post so we can get this rolling again<3 || guardian demonstration 2/3

He did not buy her story. Even the weakest of noses should have smelled their borders -- with or without a breeze -- and so he only grew more defensive. Jessie's words cut through the air with ease and he only grew more grateful to have such a strong woman to lead the Rye Fields with.

The large Artemieva took a step forward as his tail flicked over his back. Now. He ordered the stranger sharply. With a soft chuff he ordered Deacon by his side, glad to see the male not complain and follow swiftly. They were both rather beefy creatures and paired with Jessie's speedier form, Laike had no doubt they could take care of things swiftly should the loner not heed the leaders' words.

laike
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You discover a half-eaten deer carcass. +5 Health
Inactive
Corona Fayre

corona

What a situation this has turned out to be. At least, that's how they treated her like - a "situation".

Corona was confused. Confused and irritated. "Why won't they let me in, I am not a traitor of my word!"Her ears fell back after standing her ground as long and as best as she could. This wasn't "her" ground, but their's. And she waaas trespassing. A light huff escaped her maw and she narrowed her gray orbs. What is their problem?!

"Well you guys sure are accommodating." she pressed daringly. It wasn't like she came to steal their pups or their pride. She just wanted to see if she'd fit in here. Just a few questions and they would have been able to see her potential. Obviously, however, they weren't interested. "I'll be gone," she spoke reassuringly and nodded, a slight hint of retribution behind her voice.

She began to turn her crown away, though never her back, light orbs laced with a twinge of darkness as she locked with the head female's. Though it wasn't the evil kind of darkness, but the vengeance kind.
" but perhaps you are one to judge too quickly, ma'am." she blinked, and swiftly turned tail, eager to run into another, more cumbersome pack.

So off she was once again - mission incomplete.

-exit Cori-

(This post was last modified: Aug 29, 2018, 12:23 AM by Corona.)
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
Guardian dem 3/3

Laike and Deacon were quick to back her and Jessie was grateful that her members were quick on the uptake. She doubted any pack would appreciate a stranger waltzing into their territory. That this woman thought otherwise was perplexing. It was the sarcastic remark that had her fur bristling and lip raising in a snarl of anger. There was nothing that angered her more than a wolf that couldn't even admit that they had done wrong - though that seemed to pass for most she encountered these days. The muscles in her back were tensing, ready to spring towards the loner and have her running for the hills. The Rye Queen had no doubt that her pack mates would join in on the fun.

There was no need to turn to such taxing measures, however, because the female was quick with her decision to leave. Not before throwing back one last remark though. This time, Jessie was much quicker to retort, "No. A wolf's first impression of you starts when they first see you. I don't want wolves in my pack who don't have boundaries." And you crossed my border. The monochrome woman watched in satisfaction as the woman left. The Tainn would follow until she was sure that the loner left her borders before returning to the pack den for a much needed nap.

{Jessie out}
(This post was last modified: Sep 28, 2018, 10:02 PM by Jessie.)