(See All?) Announcements
580 Users Online
Bing

i dig 'till my shovel tells a secret — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Forward dated to 4/29 | Noon; Broken Clouds; 50° F(10° C) | All WRF wolves welcome @Laike @Chimera @Jessie
Ade is searching/digging out her birthing den (location here #7)
Day 45 - "Expectant mothers, even with their well-rounded abdomens and lack of energy - will start to search and make their birthing dens in a place well away from high-traffic areas where lone wolves or nosy pack members might discover or check in on them. Her breasts are well-developed and possibly contain a bit of colostrum or "first milk". It is now possible for other wolves to see and feel the cubs in the mother's protruding belly."
Muse Song: Sleeping At Last by Earth

adelayde artemieva
swear to the earth i will keep it

Ade was convinced she was a bloated cow, waddling around as her rounded abdomen made everything extra difficult. She loved pregnancy during the beginning when she wasn't fat, now her patience was running thin. The hormones didn't take until her third trimester to start messing with her, making the cheery ray of sunshine, irritable over the simplest things. However, the hormones didn't completely take her over, the pregnant Artemieva was still able to reel in her crazy emotions and enjoy parts of this pregnancy. 

Last week she was able to feel the cubs softly kick and move around within her stomach, but whenever she tried to have Laike feel, they seemed to have stage fright. The first time mother had been so excited to feel them for the first time and wanted to share that experience with her husband, so she hoped they would soon grow more confident and strong where their father could feel them too. The instinctive urge to find her own private den was strong that morning as she sought out to scout the Rye territory for the perfect place for the pack's new generation. 

Using Jessie's birthing den was out of the question. The thought of using the alpha's den felt disrespectful like it tainted the history of the Avalon children. To the loyal second, it was sacred territory holding the rich history of their founding leaders. She couldn't risk ruining Drestig's legacy, so the tawny woman would find her own den to birth her first litter. 

Finding a spot west of the main den, the expecting mother made sure it was far enough from the border and from her packs mates to not be disturbed. Being west of the main den near her and Laike's private den, not many passed through these trees regularly since it was further from the borders for patrolling unless it was the Artemievas going to their den. It was rather close to @Askan and @Reyes old private den. Ade had contemplated reusing it to save her the trouble of digging one of her own, but thought against almost as soon as the thought crossed her mind. Though she wondered how pissed that would make Askan?

Instead, she found an old fox den that just needed to be re-dug and made larger for her hippo belly to fit in. With the sun high within the sky, the pregnant woman began digging. 

(This post was last modified: Apr 28, 2018, 11:26 PM by Adelayde.)
Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
My first pack thread! This is so cool! Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar was tired from having run around all day yesterday, hunting had not been easy and the rabbits were getting faster with the new spring here. Pack life had treated him comparably well if you put it next to being a loner. Laike still seemed to keep an eye on him whenever they were in view of each other, but it was good to have others depend on him. Alvar's leg had healed well despite a lack of serious medicine, but it only troubled him for a few days after he was welcomed into the pack.

Wandering around just outside the borders of the pack's territory, he could see some elk off in the distance. "Better tell Laike about that." He thought to himself, this would elevate his status if he could help in locating more food for the pack. He took a closer look and saw that there seemed to be a few older cows in the herd, easy prey. He walked on some more. It was not long before he heard some scraping sounds like claws being dragged across earth, he looked around and saw @Adelayde digging out what seemed to be an old den.

"Probably getting ready for her pups to be born." He thought, a smile growing on his face. He cleared his throat and said... "Hi Adelayde! Need any help?" It was after all a tough job and she might welcome the help.
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Laike Artemieva

He wasn't very far from Adelayde these days and most certainly kept Alvar under a watchful eye. Laike was territorial to say the least. Of his rank, the lands and the members already here. The other male hadn't provided the best first impression to the Artemieva so how could he allow himself to relax right away? Not to mention he thought the younger male had plenty to learn still.

The leader was quick to take a strong stance as he made his way to Adelayde's side. Let us help. He cooed softly to her. Just tell us what you'd like. For he was no mind reader, he couldn't tell what she envisioned the old fox den to look like once they were done with it. Just how wide would it need to be? How deep did the den need to be? It was his first time with this just as it was hers.

[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
adelayde artemieva

Focused on the work at hand, she didn't realize Alvar was nearby until she heard his voice call out to her. He must have been coming from the western borders for her to not notice him. The den she picked was far from the borders, hidden within the trees closer to the center of the territory. Knowing her children would be safer here, she took on the task of widening the den as Alvar approached. Her body visually tensed when she recognized his voice, her trust for him still rather slim.

It was only when she spotted Laike's brawny form approaching, her mismatched eyes shifting to acknowledge him before Alvar. He was her husband after all, he was always going to get her attention first. A usual smile fitted upon her lips as he softly offered help. Nodding, her eyes shifted back towards the fox den as she tried to imagine how exactly she wanted it. I need the entrance wider and inside needs to be expanded to comfortably fit me with a little wiggle room. I will need some of the furs I saved to be brought over here from our den.

I just need to fit. She said with smirk towards Laike, he personally knew how large she had gotten since they succeeded in expanding their family.

(This post was last modified: Jun 13, 2018, 07:56 PM by Adelayde.)
Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Let's just hope that Alvar doesn't mess this one up too! XD Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar could see that the pregnant woman was apprehensive at him being there, but he thought himself to be fairly pervicacious about doing what he felt needed done, so he took a step backward and listened for her reply, but before one came, @Laike came by and also offered help for the woman. Alvar was eager to prove his loyalty to the pack, and so he gave a short but respectful bow to the elder male, hoping that it brightened his mood a bit.

Alvar heard Adelayde say what she wanted for her den, and pictured it in his mind, it was going to take some time what with the rain-packed earth being difficult to dig through, but with the three of them it should be fairly easy to accomplish. He smiled and spoke... "I can start working on the outside of you want to start digging the inner cavity out." He said sincerely as he took a step forward to Laike, He looked at the male with inquisition in his eyes, hoping for a response rather than a snap in his face.
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]