Adora, Nash, Oleander, Google, Bing, Finley, Chan

Fix me up, Doc — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

Askan limped along, his tail a stiff and bristly slant between his legs. He'd gotten back safe to the Shallows, so now what? He was half tempted to head back to his den and try and sleep it off, to pretend that a couple of hours kip would make it all better. But in reality he knew that wouldn't do a thing to make it better. He hadn't even looked at it yet, didn't want to see the mess he'd made. All he knew was that his middle toe both stung and ached-at the same time!- like a bitch.

Fine, he guessed he'd bite the bullet. The sooner it got sorted the better, right?

It took some time and a lot of cursing, but eventually Askan managed to hobble over to Pete's infirmary. He stood in the little clearing outside the mouth of the den, holding his lame paw a few inches off the ground. God, he must've looked like a right idiot, Askan couldn't stomach that thought, made his mouth taste all bitter.

"Pete."He grumbled, hoping that the tiny Archer was about. Askan was in no mood to sniff him down.

(This post was last modified: Jul 04, 2018, 04:00 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Van who has 54 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Pietro Archer
@Askan - thanks for getting this up!
Medic dem 1/6, post 2/12

———

Pete had been rather worn out lately. A quick trip to the Mountain in order to retrieve some wormwood had actually ended quite well, and though his legs were tired, he had brought back what he had intended to.

He hadn’t known he would end up needing it immediately.

The little Archer was dozing in his den when he heard uneven pawsteps approach outside and a quiet voice call his name. Pete got to his paws and shook out his dense fur before hurrying outside to greet his visitor. He was sporting a spectacular bedhead.

”What’s wrong?” he asked, sympathy clear in his features as he moved over to crouch and examine the favored foot, a soft cringe crossing his expression when he realized what the matter was. ”That’s gotta be a nasty feeling. Come inside so I can get a better idea what to do.”

He stepped back in himself and flicked his tail for Askan to sit down. ”How’d you manage to do that?” he asked, referring to his toe.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

Luckily Askan didn't need to hobble off to find Pete,  the dark Archer emerged from the mouth of the medicinal den looking rather dishevelled. Not that Askan was in a position to judge, he was anything but put together that day. Before Askan even had time to respond to his question the medic was squinting at his paw and moved closer to inspect it. Any other time the Edge Lord would have probably bitched, or at the very least scowled, but seeing as he'd come to him for help he just sucked it up. Not like it was a big deal anyway.

"A tree root fucked me up." He bitched as he limped on in, not going anywhere fast."Was a bit of snow left from the other day, couldn't see the root and it just-" he wasn't too sure what had happened really, when he tried to think back it was hard to see through the fog of pain and swears.

The Edge Lord had only been in the medical den once, had sniffed around to make sure it was suitable. Though it's entrance was wider than that of the main den's the inside wasn't quite as spacious, or lofty. It suited it's purpose well, and Askan was pleased to see that Pietro had set it up appropriately. The floor was lined with moss and furs, a comfortable place for the hurt or sick to rest their head and recover. Whilst piles of drying plants were organised in neat little piles, ready to be put to use at a moments notice.

With a grumble, Askan shuffled down into a laying position, his belly against the furs as he stretched his front legs forward so his bad paw was on show, for Pietro to inspect.

"Didn't have time to look at it myself, coyotes showed up." He huffed, that's all that seemed to happen these days. Coyotes, coyotes and a dash of more coyotes.

(This post was last modified: Jul 04, 2018, 04:00 PM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Pietro Archer
Medic dem 2/6, post 4/12

---

"Tree roots can be very dangerous," Pete told him with a small smirk, tail swaying once to signal that he was fucking with the older wolf. But really, anything hidden beneath snow could be dangerous. Pietro simply liked to make Askan bitchfit about... well, about everything possible. It was funny to the younger wolf - he never tried to anger Askan to the point that he was legitimately furious, but it was funny to watch him get irritated.

Pete turned to pick out some wormwood and set it to the side, then padded over and crouched down to lap a couple of times at the missing nail. "Go wash that off in the water outside," he urged, nudging Askan's leg as he turned to the wormwood again. "I'll have the rest done when you get back."

That was the purpose of setting up this den so close to a source of running water. It wouldn't stagnate and his patients could go wash off in them whenever without having to worry about dirty water causing infection.

Chewing up wormwood was never fun. Bitter flooded his mouth and he placed it down on the ground when it was ground into a paste. He put in just a tiny bit of arnica as well, along with trace amounts of redcedar. Better to be safe than sorry - redcedar's antibacterial elements would stave off any infection. Even in a wound this small, that was a definite risk.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

"Shut it." Askan snapped, his teeth clicking on air. He was in pain, not at all in the mood to be fucked with."Just treat me and keeping talking to a minimum."

The Selwyn didn't like pulling the leader card often, it felt unwieldy in his grasp, but when push came to shove he would. It had been an awfully long day, all he really wanted was to get this over and done with so he could sit down and rest for a little. He wasn't asking for too much, demanding that he get treated like a king, he just wanted Pietro to have a better bedside manner. That said, he'd always been a snarky shit, maybe he was compensating for his size. Hmm, it was entirely possible.

With gritted teeth, Askan allowed the medic to clean his wound. The Archer was certainly annoying at times, but he knew what he was doing. He could have easily made the wound hurt more, if he so pleased, but the Edge Lord knew full well he wouldn't do that. He was okay, for an Archer. Doing as he was told, Askan limped outside and dipped his paw into the shallows, he swished his paw back and forth underwater, allowing the current to wash off any mud and gunk that might still remain.

Once that was done, Askan limped back inside and yet again his nose was assaulted with all sorts of earthy smells. Pete still seemed to be working on something, chewing it up like he was a deer rather than a wolf. Askan's nose wrinkled, it didn't look very appetising. He didn't have to eat that, did he?

"What's that?"

Inactive No Rank
Pietro Archer
Medic dem 3/6, post 6/12

————

Pietro didn’t flinch when Askan snapped at him, but he did look up in surprise. The young Archer hadn’t been dominated many times in his life, but he had enough to know he wasn’t very dominant himself. His ears pressed back in a submissive apology and he lowered his head to the side, baring his neck toward the older wolf.

”Sorry. I know you’re hurting - that wasn’t right of me to tease you,” he mumbled out, sincerely apologetic. He never really liked expressing himself that way, but Askan was a good leader, and he deserved an apology when his subordinate was in the wrong.

He went about his duty mostly in silence after that, waiting for Askan to go wash off before giving the white puff of fur on his chest a few licks to maintain a bit of his pride, if not only for himself. While Askan deserved his submission, he didn’t enjoy having to express it to him. Especially not in his own den, where he felt safe and at home.

”What’s that?”

Pete looked up from the poultice he had concocted and cleared his throat, ready to explain. ”Mostly wormwood. Its main purpose is to be eaten, but it can also be used topically for wounds. I’ve also put arnica in - it’s the same, almost, for little wounds like this, but it can irritate sensitive skin. I wanted to add it in a bit in case it works better on you than wormwood,” he explained. ”I’ve also put in some redcedar. It has antibacterial properties, so it should stave off any infection.”

He gathered up the little bit of chewed herbs and placed them in a neat pile at his own feet. ”Pick a spot to lay down. It’ll be best for you not to move for a bit while this is on your paw,” he told the alpha, tone even and ears angled forward again.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

Askan huffed and puffed, but with a dip of his head and a flick of his tail he accepted Pete's apology. There was no use in shoving his face into the dirt for his transgression, nor was he even interested in doing so. The budding medic had apologise and Askan was willing to leave it at that. Unless he started teasing again he was in no danger from the Edge Lord, he'd said his piece, for now.

Rather than block out his words, Askan made an attempt to absorb them. He usually didn't care for plants and the like, but seeing as he was going to have to...do something with them, he figured he should know what they did. From the sounds of it they would ensure he didn't get sick-like that awful time not long after he'd ran away from home- which was good. He had a pack to lead, there was no time for him to be den ridden.

Folding himself down into a comfortable-or at least as much as he could manage- position atop the furs, Askan extended his leg out in front of him so Pete could work unimpeded. His tail curled around his haunches, only for him to swish it back behind him when he decided that wasn't quite comfortable enough for his tastes.

"I wonder, how people figured out what plants did what, whether they were safe to eat." Askan mused aloud, as his gaze wandered the smooth stone ceiling. "Trial and error?"

Inactive No Rank
Pietro Archer
Medic dem 4/6, post 8/12

---

Pietro snorted a bit at the older man's assessment. "That could certainly be the case," he responded in turn, picking up the herbal mixture once again and heading over to lick it into the place his claw had been. "I wouldn't be surprised, as a matter of fact. It's how everything's always been done - trial and error. I'm just glad I'm not one of the unlucky ones who had to shove toxic plants into my mouth to find out that's what they did."

After deeming his work fit for what Askan needed, the neat herbalist turned around to make sure that everything was stacked where it should be before he took one piece of wormwood, one dried blossom of arnica, and one chunk of redcedar down to lay at Askan's paws.

"Here's what they look like," he explained, touching his nose to each one in turn. "Just in case you ever need to pick out plants for anyone. Remember - only wormwood can really be eaten. Arnica causes intestinal bleeding and while I'm not aware of any particularly nasty side effects from eating redcedar, it's not a pleasant taste. Neither is wormwood - but that one has a purpose in being eaten."

The young wolf cleared his throat. "How's your pain, by the way?" he asked calmly.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Shallows Edge
Carpe Noctem

It sounded a little too risky for Askan's taste. Sure, it was sometimes necessary to take a leap and hope for the best, but chewing a random plant? No thanks, the only time he'd ever eat something green was if he knew for certain what it was. Or if whoever was tending to him did. Knowing that Pete just wasn't the sort to try and poison him he was fine with letting the budding medic do his own thing, even if the pain and discomfort was making him an ornery dick he would do as he was told, for now.

His bright yellow gaze moved from plant to plant as Pete pointed them out. Intestinal bleeding? Yeesh, that didn't sound pleasant at all. His nose wrinkled at the thought as he watched the Archer handle it, it was a little weird to think plants could be used for devious means. He'd never considered it really, though perhaps he should have...

"Six. Was seven to start." No doubt the pain had faded a little but all that limping hadn't helped, he needed to rest up, even the Selwyn knew that.