(See All?) Announcements
706 Users Online
Google, Bing

Standing Alone in the Reflection — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow

Sylva moved quietly, stepping out of the pack’s infirmary den and giving her fur a shake. She grunted softly, inhaling the rich scent of the herbs that she had been sorting inside. The children of the pack were moving around and she wanted to be sure she could cover any injuries or sickness that they might have gotten themselves into. Thankfully, it was fairly easily now with the warm sun returning. There had been a brief scare with the sudden cold stap returning.

The small medic moved toward the lake’s shore, sighing softly as she caught the rising sun within the reflection. Blinking slowly, she paused, shifting to get a better look, there she was, staring back at herself. No longer was she the young girl she had been when she had first come to the Lore, now, she had grown. A sad smile crossed Sylva’s muzzle, a sigh following, she had been growing, and yet, she still stayed alone. She’d be denying only herself if she didn’t admit that she hated it sometimes, waking up inside of the infirmary with only her plants there to greet her. Growing older now, she started to yearn for a mate, a real one, not someone who was going to just vanish into thin air.

That right there was what had been stopping the female from socializing too much with most of the men in the pack, she was scared. She wouldn’t admit it, but she was, she settled down onto her stomach, letting a fore paw press into the water and she closed her eyes.

ThoughtDialogue
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: Did somebody call for Prince Charming?

Vaken Svart

Vaken was practically salivating out of the mouth at the sight of water. He wasn’t expecting to find any during his travels from the east. Drinking out of puddles and tiny streams was enough to keep him alive, but not thriving. His tongue lolled out at the glistening lake in admiration. His tail wagged like a puppy for a few seconds before he realized: he had to climb down. He shuttered at the idea, his face contorting into a painful grimace. He was built like a newborn deer, with long legs and uneven balance.

He didn’t have any option though. Mustering up the courage, Vaken ascended down the mountain’s edge. His small frame was surprisingly good at navigating, but his legs fumbled and bent at awkward times, making balancing hard. It really wasn’t his fault. His body shape was good for distance running, but not strategic placement. Trying to catch his weight on a small ledge in the cliff, Vaken straightened himself up and took a second to think clearly. He was being too rambunctious. If he wanted to get off the mountain with all limbs intact he’d have to start thinking a bit more. He was too focused to smell the female in the distance, and his eyes were too glued to the rocks to catch a glimpse.

It wasn’t until he landed on the floor, with a smug lopsided grin on his face that he noticed his audience. The shock of seeing another wolf prematurely snapped him back into reality. His tail went still and his eyes narrowed. He skimmed over her appearance, making note of her size. He couldn't get a great estimate, since she was laying down. Was it possible she was smaller than him? That comforted him a bit. He couldn't be certain, but she didn't seem as daunting as the wolves he had encountered from the east. He was use to bumping into males triple his size. His entire body language changed and he let out a little warning yip to announce his arrival. “I’m just looking to drink some water.”

He was clearly in a good mood. Not only was he thankful to find water, but he was still riding the high from his successful journey down the mountain. He took a timid step forward, more afraid of scaring the female than he was of her attacking. “Don’t bite me for it.”

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

I guess I must be having fun

(This post was last modified: Jun 26, 2018, 04:45 AM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Sylva Riverflow
She had been minding her own business when the sudden soft thump alerted the medic that something was out of the ordinary. She opened her eyes, looking toward the black and cream colored shape as he stood up. The sudden friendly yip caused Sylva to smile a bit.  She didn’t own the pool or water nor would she try to stop anyone from drinking their fill.

She stood up, her small frame fully exposed as she took a step back, tilting her head slightly toward the water. “Feel free to, we were just talking.” she said smiling herself. It had been quite a long time since SYlva had been able to just be herself without the old worries of how her packmates thought of her. “Just be sure to thank them.” she said offhandedly, settling down onto her haunches, keeping her gaze on the water, her ears twitching occasionally.[/b]
(This post was last modified: Jul 30, 2018, 07:25 AM by Sylva.)
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Quirking a confused eyebrow, Vaken wasn’t sure if the female was joking or not. He turned his eyes back to the water and continued to drink unsurely. He wasn’t scared, or alarmed, but curiosity was eating away at him. Swallowing a refreshing gulp of the liquid, the yearling took a seat at the water’s edge and tilted his head. “Thank them?” He narrowed his eyes, but didn’t act repulsed at the idea. 

Instead, he dipped a paw into the water and let it sink. It felt cool and inviting, but Vaken didn’t want to swim. Even though his fur was dirty, the idea of getting all wet was not appealing. “Hm.” He glanced at the water’s reflection and took his paw back out, shaking it dry. He wasn’t going to thank the water. Not because he felt it was completely foolish, but because he didn’t thank anything very often- including wolves. Politeness was lost on him. “What were you guys talking about?”

Sylva Riverflow
Sylva’s eyebrow furled slightly as the young wolf ignored her advice and simply gulped away at the precious gift offered by the mountains around them. She didn’t push it though,k she was drained and antagonizing someone so far from her home wasn’t wise. Though, looking the youth over once more, she wasn’t sure what he’d be capable of. Watching his actions, she couldn't help but smile a bit.

“Not much, mostly how things have been doing lately.” As she said it, Sylva realized that the slender-legged wolf looked like he had made it a goal to tumble down the mountain and collect as much debris as he could along the way down. “Want some help getting the twigs out?” she asked while reaching forward and snagging one that had been entangled inside of his fur.
(This post was last modified: Jul 30, 2018, 08:04 AM by Sylva.)
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The twigs had become almost part of the yearling. He barely recognized when things became entangled in his patchy fur. When she pulled one of the sticks out, he gave a throaty mrrrpt? in shock. She hadn’t hurt him, but he had been caught off guard by her closeness. He stayed still, glancing behind his shoulder to his spine and rump and let out a defeated sigh. “You can try,” he offered. The small boy had already accepted the failure that came along with trying to maintain his looks. As a lone wolf, it was hard. What was the point?

He stepped a bit closer, offering her more room to groom the disarray. It felt oddly close, but Vaken was not afraid of the women, even after her bizarre dialogue. “So how come you’re talking to water and not a member of the pack?" His voice was not worried, but genuinely intrigued. He wasn’t trying to instigate on her mental stability. Instead, he was curious on the way the women thought. She smelt of other wolves, and she looked healthy. Clearly she was not a loner. He felt the question was valid, but not intrusive.

(This post was last modified: Jul 30, 2018, 04:25 PM by Vaken.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Several coyote abandoned a half-eaten deer. But before you can take a bite they reappear.