683 Users Online
Google, Bing

[BWP] you said I'm full of diseases — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
Vaken Svart

Vaken was comfortably extended in the hot sun, positioned on his back with his legs in the air. The heat rays warmed his stomach, glistening off the dirty blonde of his underbelly. He was on cloud nine. He had been travelling for weeks. Now he was resting, happy beneath the sprawled shade. He was sun bathing, his tainted orange eyes closing sleepily.

He wasn’t going to nap, but he was going to relax. He felt entitled to a little break. His mouth hung open, allowing his pale pink tongue to hang out the tiniest bit. He panted softly, drool dripping from the corner of his mouth. He looked very puppy-like in afternoon sun. He didn’t have a care in the world, not even of the coyotes. If he smelt them, he’d run off. It was as easy as that. He was well rested enough to exert some energy if it was necessary. He would be disappointed to leave this area, but it was bound to happen eventually. Either the coyotes would chase him out, or he’d begrudgingly leave himself to continue his travels.

He was feeling awfully optimistic. His stomach was full, his fur was fairly clean (for his standards), he had fresh water close by. This was a beautiful place to be. He was utterly entranced in his surroundings.

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

I guess I must be having fun

(This post was last modified: Jul 05, 2018, 05:37 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran saw a patchy blonde and black wolf and as quick as he could say, "Sneak", he fell into a slow walk, creeping closer to the wolf, as he tried to blend in with the shadows of looming willows. There wasn't as much underbrush as he would have liked, but the trees' hanging branches hid him well enough. He watched the black-headed wolf, ridiculously positioned in the sunshine, though he supposed he shouldn't judge. The wolf hung out his tongue, and Ferreiran would sigh if he didn't have to remain silent. He didn't feel like trying to interact with anyone so he remained a distance away, hidden beneath the moving willows. All he wanted at that moment was to remain a silent, undetected, observer.
Have you read my player preferences?
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You encounter three coyotes marking a nearby tree.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: Thanks for joining! Vaken is just gonna ignore the coyotes for a bit so that Ferreira has a chance to introduce himself. We can have the coyotes appear whenever you want

Vaken Svart

Vaken rolled onto his side, his head laying flat against the ground. He had an itch above his right eye, but was too comfortable to stretch his back leg up and get it. Instead, he rubbed it against the forest floor and gave a small groan of pleasure. That’s the spot.

He was too busy being selfish and lazy to notice his audience right away. He continued to lounge about, stretching his spine by arching it like a cat and then relaxing it. It felt so good that he decided to stretch his toes to, reaching his paws out until his bones gave a slight pop. He thought about his favourite things: eating fresh kill, running in an open meadow, a cold breeze, sleeping all day. He was in a great mood. Nothing was going to change that, not even the coyotes.

He smelt them. He knew they were around. They weren’t an impending threat currently, but he knew the smell was getting stronger. It made him a little sadder, but he wasn’t getting up right away. He would wait as long as he could, and then he would run off. Just a bit longer he thought.

He took another sniff to guess their distance, but caught something else. Was that wolf? He lifted his head up off the ground and glared around, staring between the trees to try and catch a glimpse of his company. “I normally don’t like to be spied on,” he joked, still unable to see his audience. He gave up and lowered his head back on the ground. It didn’t matter to him. “If you’re waiting for an invite: here it is.”

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran heard the male call out. He calmly stepped out towards him, as though he wasn't just spying on him. Although, the young Morse didn't like to use the word "spying" just because he was watching someone. In his mind he was just trying to learn about a wolf he had never seen before. That wasn't bad, right? It just matters that I'm not talking to him. The dark wolf's tail twitched in frustration. If I was actually talking no one would care.  Ferreiran remained silent. If the patchy male was talking to the equivalent of a dead tree, he would get bored and leave. He knew that from experience. This one didn't seem too patient either, too lazy. 

The stench of coyotes was slightly alarming, since he had heard that coyotes here were much fiercer and more reckless than they had been at home. His tongue touched one pearl-white fang. If they came, he would be ready.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
Vaken Svart

When the dark wolf emerged, Vaken gave a snort of approval. He raised an eyebrow quizzically and sized up the new stranger with mild interest. He hadn’t expected him to really come forward. He wasn’t intimidated, exactly the opposite. In a lot of ways, Vaken was thankful to see a fresh face, especially with the heavy stench of coyote in the air. They were both similar in stature, being smaller wolves. Another body would help scare off the vermin though- no matter how small. 

Vaken assumed the stranger was a lone wolf too. He didn’t smell of any pack wolves. It wasn’t an important thing to know, so Vaken didn’t ask. Instead, he slightly shifted his body on the ground to face the approaching black wolf and clicked his tongue. "Not much of a talker, are ya?"

He closed his eyes and dropped his head back on the ground, resting it on his front paws. It didn’t matter to him. He enjoyed his fair share of quiet disposition. As long as he wasn’t a threat, Vaken didn’t care if he had anything to say. He wasn’t obligated to engage in small talk, especially to another stranger. Vaken wasn’t an alpha. He didn’t demand respect- he didn’t demand anything. He didn’t feel incredibly at risk with the male. He hid his neck a little, and kept his back from being turned, but those were just survival measures. It wasn’t anything personal.

He scoffed quietly and maintained his lounging position. Opening one eye, he used it to glare at his new guest.

(This post was last modified: Jul 06, 2018, 06:59 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran continued to watch the other male's every move with sharp yellow eyes. Now that he was closer, he could tell that the lounging male was not much bigger, or older, than he was. He also had very long legs for his size. A look of mild surprise had flashed across his face before fading into a snort and a raised eyebrow, what they meant, Ferreiran wasn't quite sure, but he guessed it was either approval or simply mild interest. "Not much of a talker, are ya?" the male said, splitting the silence between them, though, to his credit, he didn't seem to care much. The dark male knew that quite a few wolves would've bombarded him with useless questions by now, and he was relieved that this one didn't seem to need to. He didn't like wolves like that. You've got a nose and ears and eyes, use them! he thought with an internal smile. The simple senses that almost all wolves had, but passed over for their mouth and used ears only for hearing the answers to questions. It was sometimes easier to watch and listen to learn instead of asking questions. Wolves can lie, but one skilled at interpreting body language has the truth with all but the sneakiest of them. As an example, he could tell that this was a lone wolf without even asking. 
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
Vaken Svart

Sometimes a little quiet company was well-deserved. Vaken, feeling quite content and comfortable with the eerily quiet male, closed his eyes and relaxed. He was blissful unaware of the coyotes far along the distance. He didn’t smell or hear them yet, though they were unknowingly on their way.

Instead of worrying about the vermin, he lounged around, thankful for the reserved nature of the other male. He didn’t mind a little small talk, but he was bad at it. He couldn’t ruin a conversation that didn’t exist. Instead, he sniffed his nose and returned to his cozy relaxation me-time.

The sun felt good on his fur. It dried up his nose and the pads of his paws, but he didn’t mind. His tongue touched a blade of grass while he panted. As comfortable as he was, he couldn’t take his mind off how strange it felt. It didn’t feel natural at all to be around a new wolf and say nothing. Not because Vaken felt impolite, he couldn’t care less. It was because it felt so unfamiliar. It was almost scary.

Was he in danger? Why wasn’t the wolf acknowledging him? He knew that the other male was there, but there was nothing to ease the discomfort of a stranger. There was no introduction, no awareness of motivations. Vaken had the cons of being around another person without any of the pros. He was sharing his space, his sun, his grass. Yet, he wasn’t being entertained or reassured of his safety. “You’re not gonna try and kill me are you?” He meant it lightheartedly, but it showed on his face that he was only half joking. 

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
I'm going to start the coyotes a bit, just ignore them if you aren't ready.
"You're not going to try to kill me, are you?" Ferreiran turned his head to stare into the male's eyes, which were somehow serious even though his tone sounded like he was telling a joke. "No," he answered. Just one word, but he saw the other wolf relax quite a bit. Clearly, he wasn't joking. He cared about whether his fellow wolf was going to hurt him. That made sense, and, even though the dark male hated it, he knew many wolves viewed his aloofness and strange silence as a kind of threat.

Ferreiran heard light footsteps from behind him, and his well-trained senses automatically leapt into action. His ears silently studied the sound, determining that it was made by a pack of three coyotes. They didn't seem to be super interested in the wolves nearby, but the dark wolf was sure that it was only a matter of time. He glanced at his companion, wondering if he had heard it too.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The footsteps in the distance jolted Vaken to his senses. His luck with the coyotes was running thin. Of course they were going to come after him during his time of relaxation, they ruined everything. He glanced over at the stranger with narrowed eyes, hoping he had misheard it. When the male looked equally concerned, Vaken cursed. They both had heard it.

He glanced around panically, trying to guess the best way to run. He was not going to be fighting any visitors today. They would have to chase him out of the territory. “Might not want to stick around,” he recommended between clenched teeth. He slowly rose to his feet and stretched out his muscles. He wasn’t quite in the mood to run, but he didn’t have any other choice. It was time to wake up and get going.

Tucking his tail between his legs, he slowly moved a few feet away, testing the air. Which direction were they coming from? He didn’t want to run right into them. “Nothing personal or anything- I’ve loved our little chat,” he snorted a hollow laugh. “But when things get tough ya know?” The tough gets going.

(This post was last modified: Jul 12, 2018, 12:12 AM by Vaken.)