(See All?) Announcements
600 Users Online
Google, Bing

[BWP] All I Do is Wave Goodbye — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Marina who has 96 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lauraceae Ritter
Well this was going absolutely awfully. Wasn't he supposed to be a big, great, strong coyote hunter by now? He'd killed... three before. Maybe more, but definitely three. That meant he was an expert (or perhaps Laurel's definition of expert was a little skewed). He kicked at the coyotes that were on him, tucking his neck and biting at any that tried to get him. Adeltra wasn't doing him any favors, yelling at him to get up. Couldn't she see he was trying to get up?

Maybe she couldn't. Maybe he just looked like an idiot who liked to roll around on the dirt and get bit by coyotes. When she called out for her packmates, he knew it was over.

Not the both of them, of course, because it was clear that they'd be saved by whoever decided to show up. But him! He was over. Laurel tried to make himself seem great and strong and smart, but now he was just.... well, himself. Small and scrawny and weak and useless.

Ravenna showed up and things got marginally better. He had one coyote on him instead of two. But he was still on the ground, fighting that one coyote with every ounce of strength he had left. Eventually he managed to grab it by the throat. Aha! His plan wasn't so awful! Now time for the not letting go until it stops moving part. But coyotes squirmed when they were grabbed by the throat. Laurel tightened his grip on the thing, blood spilling into his mouth.
(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2018, 01:50 AM by Lauraceae.)
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
M for gore

Addy wouldn’t admit it, but she was terrified. She could see the boy struggling to get up, which at least let her know that he wasn’t completely down for the count. Yet, she was still trying to fend off three coyotes on her own. She didn’t want to die this way. She wanted to be old and grey, underneath the Willow tree with a legacy surrounding her and behind her. She wanted wolves to be able to tell stories about her, not say “yeah she got mauled by a bunch of coyotes because she thought she could handle them herself.” That was no way for an Archer to go down.

But, it seemed she didn’t have to worry too much about that. Suddenly, one coyote was gone. It slammed into the ground before being picked up and shaken vigorously by her savior, Ravenna. God did she love that woman. Then, Laurel managed to snag one by the throat which only left one more. Things had gone from bad to good in the matter of seconds.

She turned on the remaining coyote, lips pulled back to show her teeth and hackles raised. A rage of her own was building up inside and she held onto it, harnessing it as she lunged forward with a snarl. The coyote snarled back, snapping at her chest, neck, and face as they collided. The pair danced back and forth, each taking shots at each other before Addy finally managed to snag a paw. She bit down with all her strength, feeling the bones breaking and the coyote let out a loud yelp. But, she wasn’t done with it quite yet. As it was distracted she ran forward again, fangs digging into its face with vigor.

Blood covered her, both hers and the various coyotes’. She ducked down as it went to bite at her, jaws clicking together just above her head before she wrapped her jaws around it’s throat. Just as her cousin had done, she began to shake her head wildly. Every muscle in her body contracted as she shook, working up the strength to end the job. Yet, instead of waiting for it to go slack she let it go. The mongrel plopped onto the ground, air gurgling from its torn throat. It fought to breath, clamoring for oxygen it wouldn’t get over the blood that was rushing. She lifted her head and howled, not a howl for rescue this time but a howl for victory. It was both for the pack and for the coyotes surrounding them. If they were close enough they might hear the death befalling their brethren and know that these lands were not for their taking. These were the lands of the wolf, and they would do well to learn that.

[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
and with a spark its going to be

In just moments the coyote was limp and she dropped the smaller creature. It was her second encounter with them and this time she wasn't pregnant so they wouldn't be getting the best of her. She was ready and willing for a fight. Moving her attention away from the dead vermin, she whipped around two the other two coyote, fully ready to take them on as well. Though it seemed by her arrival she was able to catch the coyote' off guard, distracting them long enough to allow both Adeltra and this stranger to get the upper paw but not without their share of battle wounds.

Moving over to Adeltra's side, the dismissed the dying coyote, it's low cries, it's choking on its own blood is it struggled to breath. Their attack upon her family was enough for the woman to feel no remorse for the fellow canine. "This is why we don't leave the territory alone." She scolded, her words a snap. Especially her. Especially to a yearling and a member of the ranks that was so important to her.

She turned away from her then, her pale silver eyes intense as they bore down on the scarred up scrawny boy. "And who's this?" Had this youth been the reason for Adeltra getting into this mess?

the biggest fire they've ever seen

Inactive No Rank
Lauraceae Ritter
His kill was not as exciting or as beautifully-written as Adeltra's. One minute Laurel was struggling with a coyote and then eventually it died and was tossed aside. And just in time, too, for the yearling to get a glimpse of the darker yearling, to watch her howl. He felt a pang of envy for the girl, as he had never howled, nor felt the urge to howl like she had. It was dumb to be jealous of something so silly and meaningless, but it never ceased to amaze him the odd things he'd end up being jealous of. With the threat of coyotes gone, he had to deal with thread number two: Angry Large Stranger (why was he always dealing with angry strangers, and why were they always large, powerful women?). She snapped at his coyote killing partner and he quickly got to all fours. "It was my fault," he quickly said, "I was struggling with them and she came to rescue me," Laurel didn't know much about how packs worked, but he knew enough that it'd be better for the girl if he were the one in trouble instead of her. Plus, it couldn't hurt to make her look good in front of... of whoever this was, right?

"Uh, I'm Lauraceae —" his eyes widened at himself and he flinched away from her. "I mean, er, Laurel.. Ma'am." He had been in the presence of very few pack wolves in his time, but sometimes they seemed to have a strange power — they scared the living daylights out of the yearling, he felt like they deserved his respect, even when they hadn't. He wished he had that power. "And I, er, I'm real sorry. For — for the mess." He bit his tongue to keep himself from adding a sheepish and I'll never do it again!

Why did he feel like he was in big trouble here?
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

Adeltra’s triumph was short lived as Ravenna snapped at her, explaining to her something she already knew. But, of course, if Addy had abided by the rules she wouldn’t have been in the mess in the first place. Then again, the boy might have had to deal with everything on his own and if she didn’t think she would have made it out alive he definitely wouldn’t have. Still, her auds brushed back and she ducked her head in apology. She hadn’t meant to make Rav so angry. Rav was never angry at her. It stung.

When Ravenna asked who the boy was, clearly incriminating him, Adeltra opened her mouth prepared to take full blame. She knew her cousin would go easier on her than she would on the other. Yet, before she could take the fall he explained himself. Honestly and truly, and she had to say she admired him a bit for it. Ravenna was a daunting women, both in size and in presence. He stuttered a bit, yes, but otherwise he was handling things very well.

She crawled forward to place a lick to the Archer woman’s chin, a whine escaping her jaws. “It was both of us. I’m the one that left the territory without anyone. Once they showed up I couldn’t just leave him, Rav. What kinda Archer would I be if I let him fend for himself like that? I’m sorry…,” she said, her honeyed-amber gaze earnest.

They flicked over to the boy she now knew as Laurel, a small but reassuring smile gracing her features. Everything would be okay, it had to be. “I...I know you’re mad, but...do you think you could help him? If he wants you to, at least?” she asked, her voice soft and submissive. She turned her attention to him. “If she says yes, you don’t have to stay. It can be a treat and go and you’ll never have to see us again if you don’t want to. I’d understand,” she said. Then, she was back to Ravenna, “I’ll also restock anything he uses. You just show me the herbs and where they grow and I’ll snatch ‘em right up. Please?”

Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
and with a spark its going to be

She watched as her young cousin dipped her head down, ears folding in an obvious display of apology for her actions. Ravenna couldn't imagine the damage she would feel had Adeltra been severely injured, or worse... And it could have all been avoided if she had just gone out with someone else within the ranks, anyone. Quickly the battered up stranger scrambled to his footing, instantly saying that it had been his fault this had happened, that he had been struggling with the coyotes when they had attacked and Adeltra came in to help him. The story was not far fetched in Ravenna's mind. Adeltra had a way with being very polite to others, caring and helpful. She was unlikely to simply pass by a stranger in need whether she owed them anything or not. Her willingness to help others however had put her in direct danger which was not okay with Ravenna.

He introduced himself then, his full first name which he then corrected with a nickname he preferred. Then a ma'am and an apology for the mess that the two yearlings had gotten themselves in. The silver Queen's eyes remained fixed on the boy, silent a moment as though to make him fall into submission by just her stare alone. Though in moments Adeltra was wiggling over to her side, licking her chin and whining in a submissive jesture of her own. She explained that it was not just his fault but her own as well for leaving the territory without any back up and that once she saw the young wolf with three coyote after him she could not just leave him to fend them off himself - or die. What kind of Archer would she be? Ravenna's jaw tightened, her eyes turning away from the boy and befalling Adeltra. Many Archers, maybe all, we're not anywhere near as kind as she was. Many would have let him die. Many would not have cared. Though this manner was not something she would let ear to Adeltra on for that was not the kind of wolf Ravenna wanted any of her pack mates to be. Many other Archers were equally honorable, respectful, and dutiful. Inna, Lorcan, and various other wolves had come to their doorstep seeking help and this boy here was no exception.

Ravenna found herself sighing after hearing the apologies of both the yearlings before her. Then Adeltra asked if she would be willing to help treat his wounds if Laurel wanted her too. That she would restock anything that was used. Ravenna breathed in deep, turning her attention between her and the injured boy. It would take far longer then just a night within Willow Ridge in order to get his wounds fully healed but if anything she could give him something to help with a good nights sleep, something else to help prevent infection and to kick start his immune system. She pondered these things as she found herself nodding delicately to her pack mate in confirmation of agreement. "Seems luck has had you today." She spoke to the male youth. "Adeltra here happens to be one of the kindest wolves I know and I'm not only her pack's Leader, but Medic. Name's Ravenna Archer-Lyall." She properly introduced and after looking the boy sharply up and down, began walking off towards the borders of her home. Pausing, she tossed her head around to the loner again, a single brow raising. "Well then?" If he was coming, here was his chance.

the biggest fire they've ever seen
(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2018, 07:02 PM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lauraceae Ritter
Usually when someone bore into them like that, his first instinct was to fight back. The yearling's tail curled under his belly and he looked away, uncertain if the larger woman wanted him to roll over. Thankfully, he was spared, and Ravenna turned to the other yearling. This allowed the young Ritter to get a look at them both, unsure of how this was supposed to play out. He hadn't asked for help, and yet the girl was already pleading his case and offering to do extra work for him. For him? What had he done to deserve such kindness, except maybe give them both some extra scratches?

Laurel stared at Ade dumbly, trying to ask her a million questions with his eyes. Unfortunately for him, he wasn't too good at it, and just made himself look sort of like a fool. Why? The words were on the tip of his tongue, he wanted to say them, but kept his mouth firmly shut and let the alpha decide his fate: cast him out, or let him stay. Was this allowed? Was it okay to be a part of a pack and not officially join it? They had an adultier-adult with them, but something told him this was definitely not the norm.

He was so lost in trying to figure out all of the things he could not understand that he had missed not only Adeltra's name, but the alpha's too. She was walking away, but then had asked if he was coming. Could he? Should he? The boy glanced at the other yearling, hoping for some sort of reassurance.

Make a decision, you dolt! he screamed at himself, and then rushed to catch up with the alpha. "Uh — y-yeah. Coming!"
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

Addy knew that if she were any other wolf her cousin would have likely said no. The girl was lucky that her leaders trusted her at such a young age and she knew that. She was likely one of the few wolves that didn’t let it go to her head. She did everything they asked and was respectful about it, but if she abused her privilege it could be taken away in a heartbeat. So, she saved her favors for moments like these. Moments when she really wanted to do some good but couldn’t do it on her own.

As Ravenna turned away, bidding them to follow, she offered a bright grin to Laurel, who seemed struck by surprise. After all, the woman had just been glaring daggers at him. He was quick to follow after and she was right at his side, as she would be for the next day until he left.

Fade