(See All?) Announcements
376 Users Online
Bing, Oleander, Apollo, Claw

[BWP] all alone and loving it — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Just my little boi playing with some water ;)
Ferreiran took a few steps towards the spring, lapping gently at its surface. The sound seemed too loud, though he tried to be quiet, and so he was glad when a bird called through through the air. His paws craved more of the cool water gently rippling over them, circling his muddy claws to wash all the filth away, and soothing his pads, which he had only just realized were cracked and worn.  He stepped deeper into the water, and felt the water just barely licking the top of his ankles. He felt the water pull him in, swirling around his front feet. He took a deep breath to ready himself before leaping in. The shock of the cold water stunned him for a second, standing in place to get used to the ice-cold water. Soon he splashed forward one more and as the water became deeper, the short wolf began to paddle. The splashing was loud and annoying, but right then he didn't mind. 
(This post was last modified: Jul 18, 2018, 11:47 PM by Ferreiran. Edit Reason: BWP )
Have you read my player preferences?
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
I feel numb, born with a weak heart

The boy was on edge, his body tense from his travels. He had been having horrible luck with the coyotes, and was still aggravated from his last encounter with @Lauraceae. It was clear that he had wanted to be left alone, and that drove him from the pack territory for a day or two. He wanted to be around Sahalie and Kino, but he was too hotheaded to be around the border and anyone else.

He kept heading south, looking for water. He was thirsty and hungry and that only added to his anger. Why had the coyotes been following him? Why couldn’t he just eat a meal alone without those pests? He began to clench his teeth together as he walked. He was running on an empty stomach and brimming with the frustration of the last few days.

When he heard the water, his mood only lightened a little bit. It wasn’t food, but it was something. He slowly made his way over, fairly timid, in case there were coyotes. He kept his head lowered and pushed through the vines. When he smelt the air, he growled. There wasn’t coyotes, but there was another wolf. A smell he recognized: Ferreiran.

While Vaken had usually been well-mannered with the quiet black wolf, today he hissed and snarled. He was feeling territorial and did not want to share. Pinning his ears against his head, he raised his voice and stepped forward. “Go away.”

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Jul 17, 2018, 09:30 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
You realize that two coyotes have been following you.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Nuuuu! The coyotes again! Also, can you ask for a dice roll?
He heard footsteps behind him. "Go away," a familiar voice snarled. He had seen the patchy male before, but he had seemed nice enough. He could almost call Vaken a friend. What was getting him into such a fuss this time? A faint growling sound rumbled in Ferreiran's throat. He was feeling the slightest of stings from this betrayal, although he wasn't sure if could really be called a betrayal, since he barely knew the guy. This showed his naive self exactly how much he could trust about him! His fangs wanted to give that backstabbing, cowardly wolf a lesson, but he would wait. See if the other wolf would figure out who he was talking to. Maybe it was all just a misunderstanding. Maybe...
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: fight 1/maybe 5?

Vaken wasn’t sure what he was expecting, but it wasn’t this. He had maybe hoped that for once, someone would be intimidated by him and take him seriously. He was in a horrible mood and it showed on his facial features, the way his nose raised and lip curled, showing off his sharp canines. He wanted to be dominant. He wanted to drink and swim in the water and feel like for once: it was all his.

With that in mind, Ferreiran was not playing along. Much to Vaken’s displeasure, the black wolf was standing his ground. That made Vaken angrier, it made his growls harsher and his fur stand on end. if the wolf refused to submit, Vaken would make him- just like he had Laurel.  

He launched himself forward, aiming to knock the black wolf off balance. He lowered his head, and aiming for the black wolf’s front left leg, opened his mouth. He wanted to draw blood, to intimidate, but not to kill. He wanted the wolf to fall beneath him and expose his neck and belly in submission.

(This post was last modified: Jul 18, 2018, 07:52 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Fight 2/2
Ferreiran rolls a d15 and gets a 7.
Ferreiran's' ATK: 2
2 + 7 = 9

Vaken's DEF: 12
9 < 12

The attack was a MISS!

Because of the coyotes we should probably stop the fight after this post!
Pain shot up his front leg at Vaken's vicious bite. He hadn't expected the other male to attack. He was the one who had walked up, and told him to go away, after all. Ferreiran had grown used to being safe around the wolf, and didn't understand why he just now seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. But if he really wanted a fight, the dark wolf had no choice but to oblige. Ferreiran leapt, his jaws open and ready to cut into Vaken's shoulder. Unknowingly to him, he was actually thinking the same as the other wolf. He didn't want to hurt, and he definitely wouldn't try to kill, him. Then footsteps behind him made him turn his head, falling short of his target, and barely managing to not crash into the patchy wolf. He didn't even care, though. He was staring right into the eyes of two tawny shapes lurking nearby. Coyotes again!he thought, bristling.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: I assumed the coyotes were close since the boys were too busy fighting to ward them off. I figured Vaken and Ferrerian will just have to fight them for 2-3 posts and then write their exits running away

Vaken stepped away from his opponent, dancing out of the way of any attack. Even though Ferrerian fell short, distracted by coyotes. Vaken was still in the combat mentality and struggled to snap out of it. He didn’t want to turn his back on the enemy, he wanted to fight. He wanted to jump at the wolf and draw blood, to get out more of his anger.

The coyotes were an issue though. He couldn’t fight a wolf- and the vermin at the same time. He had to pick one. He glared at the other wolf and let out a gruff snarl. He didn’t have much of a shot right now. He wanted the water to himself, but he wasn’t strong enough to fight off anyone who came too close.

He stepped towards it, not breaking eye contact with the coyotes. He was gonna get a drink, at least. Shifting his eyes from the approaching coyotes, to the other male, he lifted his lip up in a snarl. The coyotes were getting a little too close to run. “Shit,” he groaned. 

There were only two of them, but that was still a difficult fight. When the one on the right pounced forward, Vaken jumped too. They fell to the ground in a ball of snarls and whimpers.

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Okay!
The dark wolf turned back towards his opponent, strange, he thought inwardly, that we've turned from allies to opponents in such a short time, just in time to see the fight in Vaken's eyes die down with a last gruff snarl, before rising up again as he leapt at one of the coyotes. A sense of dread pulled in Ferreiran's gut, though he ignored it, and ran towards the other. He was still bitter about the fight, but he couldn't leave his acquaintance to face two coyotes alone. It was odd, because he knew the other wolf would do exactly that to him, but there was something telling him he just couldn't leave. His eyes narrowed instantly to avoid the coyotes trying to blind him, as he launched at his foe. His teeth struggled to sink into coyote flesh the way that would kill the threatening rivals, though they were constantly at work, snapping at empty air or delivering little more than nips before the coyotes dashed away. He was focusing most of his energy at keeping the coyotes away from his throat and face, evading most of their attacks. The male was worried. He could fight like this for a while if the coyotes kept at it, but at some point he would undoubtedly grow lazy and make a fatal mistake. When that time came the small canines would rip him apart. And if Vaken survived that long, he wouldn't survived two coyotes at once, especially once he was tired from fighting. 
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Teeth sunk into the boy’s shoulders and he let out a sharp whine. The pain was intense, but quick. He tore away from the coyote and spun around, watching Ferrieran for a quick second. He was surprised to see the male fighting his way free as well. He could have just run. Spinning around quickly, Vaken returned to his own battle and met the coyote’s snapping jaws with his own.

He tasted blood and spat out some fur, pushing the coyote over with his head. He was starting to grow tired. His stamina was not great, especially on an empty stomach. He wasn’t sure he could win a fight. He needed to run, but the coyotes were too close.

If he ran now, they would just follow. Vaken needed a head-start to ensure his safety. He grab the coyote’s muzzle and clamped down, pressing his teeth into the soft flesh. He shook his head left and right, tugging viciously. He wasn’t as mad as he was before, but he wanted to survive.

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
The dark wolf saw Vaken out of the corner of his eye. Blood was seeping out of a wound on his shoulder, and the male felt a need to make up, at least for a bit. It was useless to fight anyone for the moment. "Run!" Ferreiran called out. He aimed one last bite to the coyote's flank, before turning and running with all he had. The coyotes were hot on his tail, but he managed to keep said tail out of their jaws. The trees were flying past as he sprinted away. He was running on pure adrenaline now, not feeling anything. Not pain, not exhaustion, fear told him to run and so he did. A stick cracked under a small coyote paw and Ferreiran winced, picturing it as one of his bones, but he didn't stop running. Away, away, until the coyotes were lost in the woods. It became his chant. Sure, it wasn't a very musical one, but when you were fleeing for your life, you took what you could get.