(See All?) Announcements
374 Users Online
Bing, Oleander, Apollo

shifter — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
For @Vaken! A little time to get over our fight.
Ferreiran's dark paws moved swiftly over the ground. He had decided to take a little time to stretch his muscles in a brief run. The feeling of his blood pumping, his lungs burning, was oddly good. His paws seemed to fly over the grass as he sprinted along, not a care in the world. The fact that his eyes were closed only served to make him seem to run faster. He rarely got this kind of chance. Being surrounded by trees most of his life was amazing, especially if it was something like the Sacred Grove, but he couldn't help wanting a little variety. All good things had to come to an end, though, and as his legs began to ache, he slowed. Coming to a stop with a triumphant raise of his head, the male took a moment to catch his breath, watching small birds peck at the blackberries.
(This post was last modified: Jul 17, 2018, 10:05 PM by Ferreiran. Edit Reason: q )
Have you read my player preferences?
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
I feel numb, born with a weak heart

“Those berries don’t taste too bad,” Vaken called, poking his head through the tall grass. He looked pretty normal, his eyes bright and cheerful and body language relaxed. His voice was soft, a conscious attempt to be more friendly than usual. He had smelt Ferrieran’s scent on the breeze, and felt obligated to make his presence known. In truth, he was embarrassed about their last fight. With that in mind, Vaken wasn’t the type to apologize. He wasn’t the type to express his feelings or explain his actions.

He wasn’t mature enough to justify his behaviour and banter with the wolf. He hoped it was clear in his body language that he wasn’t going to fight again. He wasn’t angry anymore, and there were enough berry bushes to share. He didn’t feel territorial or resentful. “Rabbits taste better though,” he joked. “They seem to like the berries too.” He knew he was rambling, but it came naturally.

He’d do anything to avoid discussing their fight. He didn’t want to evoke any settled frustration or anger, or feel guilty. He wanted it to be settled.

I guess I must be having fun
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
He had mixed feelings about the other wolf. On the one hand the dark male was glad he had survived the coyotes, and Vaken had helped him before. But on the other, he had fought Ferreiran for nothing more than a spring of water that they could've shared. It had been a short fight but it was still hard to forget. He didn't want to be the kind of wolf who kept grudges his entire life and passed them to descendents or anything, but he had drawn blood. That wasn't something a friend, even a kinda friend like Vaken, should have done. He didn't actually know, since he rarely talked to anyone, let alone made friendships, but it seemed wrong in some way. Especially since there wasn't even much reason for it. He could tell the other male didn't want to talk about it, though so he kept quiet. Most wolves would only do this if they were angry, but Vaken knew Ferreiran enough to not care. At least, he hoped he did.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Vaken wasn’t sure what he had been expecting. Maybe a smile from the other wolf, a head nod? Something to say it’s okay. When he didn’t find it, he sighed, but didn’t let it hold him back from trying. He pushed through the grass some more and slowly made his way over to the berry bush, placing one of the fruits between his teeth. He ate it silently, swallowing it mostly whole. He didn’t mind the quiet. He knew it didn’t mean much from Ferrieran. It wasn’t the silent treatment. 

He picked up another berry and swallowed it, coughing slightly when it got caught in his throat. “I wouldn’t mind finding some water after this,” he said mindlessly. The words came out of his mouth before he could fully acknowledge what they meant. Narrowing his eyes in realization, he looked over at Ferrieran with a guilty side-smirk. “I promise not to fight you over it. I’m learning to share better.”

(This post was last modified: Jul 19, 2018, 01:07 AM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran looked at Vaken, and saw that he wanted to be forgiven even if he would never say it. He smiled, knowing it would help his kinda friend. Kinda friend... he thought. Was it about time to see if they could be real friends? He trusted that the patchy wolf would give him help if he needed it, and, without a doubt, the silent wolf knew that he would do the same in a crisis. One scuffle, little more than two minutes long, could not change the simple fact that they were there for each other. Wasn't that what friends were for? Looking out for each other, helping each other? It was time. "Friends?" he asked, lifting his paw just off the ground in excitement, though he hid it well. His tail gave a little wag as the earth seemed to pull at his eyes, drawing them down towards it. He hoped his kinda friend would accept.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Despite trying to hold it back, the young wolf’s tail started to wag happily. His lips spread into a large grin and his eyes softened. He looked like a child again, full of pure excitement and love. He couldn’t contain his body language, it exposed him for being the sensitive boy that he was. “Friends,” he promised, bringing his muzzle closer to the other wolf in appreciation. He lightly tapped it against the other wolf’s shoulder, and then backed away.

He popped another berry in his mouth. This time, he ate it slower and enjoyed each chew. He swallowed it and then ate another, and then another. “If we’re gonna be friends,” he added, looking at the black wolf cheerfully. “Maybe we should know more about each other.”

(This post was last modified: Jul 20, 2018, 12:32 AM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
With eyes as soft as a young pup's fur, the dark male watched Vaken turn into a ball of happiness at a simple one word question. He cared more about what other wolves thought of him than he let on, it seemed. How could Ferreiran begrudge him that little fight now? He'd have to let himself forgive and forget, because there was no way he could tell this wolf that he was still a teensy bit cautious, even if it was true. All doubts slipped from his mind as his new friend stepped forward to touch his muzzle against his shoulder, promising, "Friends," with a still wagging tail. Ferreiran snuck quietly behind the other male, so occupied by his little game he didn't hear Vaken speak, before gently tugging his tail and dashing a safe distance away, eyes gleaming with excitement. "Catch me if you can!" he called. He had seen his brothers play this game as pups, even if he'd never played before. Now the dark wolf was getting a chance to know what it was like to play with a friend, lighthearted and free. It was fun.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

If there was anything Vaken loved with his entire being, it was running. As soon as Ferreiran took off, Vaken was following. It felt so refreshing being able to run, just out of play. He wasn’t running away from anything threatening. He wasn’t chasing to kill. It was a game, nothing less, nothing more.

He tried to follow beside the male, desperate to get close enough to press his nose against the black flank of his friend. Instead, he rode right behind him, hot on his heels. “Get back here,” he growled, straining his neck forward.

He pushed his nose out until it tapped the other wolf lightly. Stumbling back, with a snide grin, the young Svart quickly turned and danced away. His breathing was getting heavy, but he didn’t want to stop now. He was having fun. “You’re it!”

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Can we wrap this up in the next few posts?
As soon as Vaken touched his flank, the dark wolf wheeled around, shooting out towards the other male. He ran as fast as he could, but it seemed that his friend was fast too. However, he had seen the patchy wolf tire quickly and hoped it would happen now. He remained just a few leaps from him, waiting for him to slow.

Apparently that wasn't going to happen yet. He lost his patience and sped up. Dark legs were flying across the ground as he made a last sprint for the other wolf. Since Ferreiran had stayed so close it was easy to reach out with his muzzle. There! "You're It!" he crowed triumphantly, turning tail and running away again.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Vaken huffed and puffed and bowed his head in defeat. “You win,” he admitted through a large grin. He collapsed on the ground with a thud and chuckled. It was getting late, and running had made him hungry.

He didn’t feel much like hunting, but stealing prey was always risky. He grunted and let his heartbeat slow down. It didn’t take him long to recharge, but he needed it. He knew he was close to edible plants and berries, but he wanted meat. Surely the coyotes had left a kill somewhere close by, right? 

He pouted and sniffed, still distracted by his fatigue. “I think I’m gonna head out,” he mumbled. “I’m getting hungry. You can come with me if you want,” he shrugged.