(See All?) Announcements
579 Users Online
Magg, Google, Bing

Someone's by the door. — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

There was bit of disappointment in Garmir's eyes as Sahalie begin to explain how this was only temporary arrangement. He had feared it might be. She was Tainn after all and Tainns seemed to have this strange curse affecting them that pushed them apart from one another. Garmir had watched enough of Treyah's family abandon her for their own adventures and he knew this had been trend before he even joined the pack himself. His gaze moved down to the ground, to her legs. Sahalie describing her pack caught his attention however. He looked over at her via corner of his eyes.

"I don't know how warm your relaitonship with Treyah is but considering she has hosted you for a month now I presume you are very least in terms. There is not much of her family left. Your presence would be positive for her and the whole pack. It would be positive for you and if not else.. your child." -He tried to reason with her. Surely she understood danger of venturing out there into coyote infested wild with a pup whom just recently learnt to walk.

"If you are concerned for your.. former pack that up and left you, let me look for them. Least wait that your daughter is old enough for long and dangerous travel. You are Tainn and so I must serve you." -he pleaded. Garmir's tone was insisting but not agressively so.

[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
Her lips were pursed tightly, trying to keep herself from starting a foolish argument with Garmir. His perspective on the situation, naturally, was very different from her own. He seemed to be very preoccupied—in an unsettling way—about the Tainn family, which was odd considering the fact that she was very sure he did not come from this forest, was not a Tainn himself, and probably knew only a little about their history. There was more to the Tainns than this burned down, regrowing forest. There was the the abandoned den in Swift River, the decaying scents in the mists of Oak Tree Bend, and—though she didn't know it—the fading memories among the mighty trees of Hearthwood River. Tainns were a dying breed, a family kicked out of their home and rejected like a bad transplant wherever else they tried to put down roots. But family was more than a name and blood. And it was more than remaining in this family graveyard.

He must serve us? Sahalie could not keep herself from raising an eyebrow at this statement. Her father would not have issued this directive, and she and Treyah didn't know each other that well but idol-worship didn't seem to be her thing either. She had literally no idea where he had gotten this idea from. "Why though," she asked incredulously, for the moment detouring from all his suggestions, "Why do you think you have to serve... 'us'" Us, presumably, meant any wolf with Tainn blood. "I certainly don't need you to."
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir did notice how she pretty much dodged what he suggested - least for now. Perhaps she indeed found his zealous worship of Tainns more pressing question. Garmir could explain - but there was no quarantee what he would say made any sense to her. He smiled at her uncomfortably as he really hard tried to form explanation into words. "Because I am..." -He narrowed his eyes, looking for proper word. "..broken. No - not broken. Made this way." -he tried to explain.

He grinned, knowing this really meant nothing to her. He then apologized, even waving his tail behind him apologetically. "Basically I need someone to follow, or I will go crazy. Not Cuckoo like but... I follow Treyah because I owe my life to her.  Through her I own my life to Triell and through Triell I own my life to Tainns. None of this makes sense for you, Im sure but this was how I grew up back home."

He sighed, looking down to her paws with uneasy smile. A chuckle. "I sound like crazy person now, don't I? Maybe some day we can just sit down and... I will tell you whole story. With time."

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
i'm really sorry I kept you waiting i promise i'll be better xD

Broken?

Made?

Garmir was right: it didn't entirely make sense to her. Sahalie was young and hadn't seen much of the world, and her experience had largely been sheltered by the isolation of Oak Tree Bend like the shrouds of mist in the forest. Drestig, once, had tried to impress upon her that not every wolf could be trusted. She had met some wolves carrying less than good intentions, but there had always—like Gent—been more to the story usually. She had never stopped blindly throwing her trust into others. She had been broken, twisted by depression, but that felt like her own doing—a body that had risen up against her—and her own fault. The idea of someone being made broken was deeply unsettling and incomprehensible. Her face was lined with sympathy, and she wished she could understand him but that would mean coming up against the underbelly of the world that she had, somehow, been able to avoid up until this point.

Some wolves just needed structure in their life. Not everyone was a leader. But Garmir was trying to impress upon her that it was different for him. He didn't need a leader, she felt, but something of a higher power, something to worship beyond the normal loyalty of a pack wolf. Her father and sister had not asked to be built up in this way, but he couldn't help it. Sahalie tilted her head, wondering how someone could make someone want this. This kind of life seemed insane, to her, and she wanted to think that the wolves who did this to Garmir were monstrous... but... Garmir seemed okay with being this way?

She didn't understand what it was to be brainwashed.

"No, no," she pleaded gently, reaching out a paw to him. "I don't think you're crazy. We've just..." Staring at the ground, she tried to boil down all her thoughts into something portable that he could take away with him, should be want. "It sounds to me like we've just lived very different lives. I'm.... a very sheltered wolf. I've lived a privileged life. But the way you are is fine. I'd love to ...." She sighed.

"I don't know... how long we'll be staying.." She was back-tracking a little on her earlier statement. "My daughter is, you're right, very young, and my mate... I don't think he shares my urgency. So. It may be awhile."
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Sahalie

It was curious watching her thoughts and forming response. Garmir did tense briefly when she reached her paw at him, but calmed quickly as she continued to express herself further. He looked at her.. or rather her leg with curious eyes and kept his ears perked, allowing her to continue as far as her thoughts would take it. Nothing she said was wrong. They were different in many ways and for certain so were their lives. Garmir could hardly imagine how sheltered life might be like... unless it was how life here in the Charred Ash Draw was - which to him certainly felt like a privilige. "If that is your judgement, then I graciously accept it... and whatever it is you'd love to - I would be glad to oblige" -He replied with a gentle enough tune.

Garmir took a step back from her as to get away from her paw. He was not afraid of social contact, pawing or pressing against someone's flank but Sahalie was still a bit of a stranger even if she was Tainn. The earthen male looked down between them and then around. He was smiling less now but that was not so much because of a mood change but because by default he did not smile. "It sure is safer here than out there. I will not try to change your mind further, but know that you would do well here. It would mean much for @Treyah I'm sure... and for me as well." -he made his final point while turning his gaze back to her. A brief smile flashed on his face.