(See All?) Announcements
497 Users Online
Google, Bing, Jethro

It was a wild road. — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Date: 19.07 - day / weather borked (??) I will let you decide if Garmir has done minor trespassing or not. Minor PP alright. Garmir is at your mercy borkmaster @Askan

16.07 - 17.07 -- Departing from OTB and heading north. After meeting the wolves of Oak Tree Bend, Garmir retraced some of his earlier steps to reach a river that ran through the spectral woods. He begin to follow said water body towards north, ever mindful of coyotes and other dangers that lurked in these parts of the Relic Lore. He kept steady pace but this time did not push himself as hard as he did right after crossing the mountains few days earlier. Garmir was half expecting to meet coyotes at some point again and thus he wanted to reserve as much energy as possible.

17.07-18.07 -- Stopping to hunt & rest. After almost a day's journey Garmir noticed he was growing hungry. In fact, he had not eaten for several days now it was beginning to feel. After reaching a conjuncture where River split briefly into smaller bodies of water, Garmir decided to pause his searching and mapping to dedicate some time for hunting. It was only his luck no coyotes were interrupting him this time, having already ruined one hunt earlier. Garmir caught hare and it was plenty enough to keep him fueled for few more days. His catch came late that day so Garmir decided to settle down and rest for a while, taking the time to memorize what he had already seen and craft report he would give to @Treyah and @Draven once he'd return.

18.07 - 19.07 -- Coyotes!! Garmir resumed his journey again early next day before sun was even proper up. Course was still towards the north, mostly following river that ran across the land. The day was uneventful, perhaps thankfully so. Late that evening Garmir noticed the river was drawing him towards the mountains again.. that being likely source for it of course. Noticing a small creek diverging from it, he chose to follow it instead as far as it would go, presuming that if there were packs somewhere nearby likely any relavant scent marks were to be found near sources of water. Everyone had to drink at some point after all. He came across few faint scents every now and then but there barely was anything concrete to follow. Garmir spent next night awake, moving in the cover of darkness to press against the schecule. He had promised to return withing two weeks and he wanted to cover as much land as possible before he would have to set course back home. Unfortunely hurrying brought him danger, a small group of coyotes trailing him and almost succeeding to lay ambush. Garmir escaped with not a hair lost, but it could have ended worse...

19.07 -- Now. Garmir had managed to loose the coyotes a good while ago but he decided to keep movin with steady pace, now moving towards the mountains again without any other obvious landmarks to follow. He was in good health but continuous threat of coyotes and challenge it posed upon single wolf was starting to get under his skin. At this rate packs needed to band together and start outright exterminating the pest lest the wolves wished to continue living in fear. Garmir certainly did not and first thing he would do upon returning home was to begin clensing the wildwood with any ally he'd find.

He was still doing scouting however and Garmir had to focus on his task. Find Triell or someone whom might know what has happen to him. Map the eastern parts of the mountains. Form early contacts with other packs. Simple enough objectives, Garmir reminded himself.

He had already begin to wonder if there really were any other packs out there when he came upon first fresh scent after leaving Oak Tree Bend. Fresh as in propably nearly a week old, but still enough for Garmir to follow and even tell direction of travel. A pack wolf perhaps. Garmir followed, nose in the ground and after a while of nosing and sniffing more scents begin to manifest. Definately there was another pack. Garmir noticed soon that he had almost walked past a scent mark. Uh-oh, that would have been big mistake. There was a border here but the earthen male could not quite draw where it went exactly and wether he was inside it or outside it. He could try to go back, but he feared that if he did - and he had already accidentally crossed the border perhaps through a gap, he might only make his potential trespassing worse. There was no need to panic, but it could give room to wrong interpitation. He better just announce himself and.. if he was on the wrong side he'd just have to take few steps to make it right.. if he was on the right side... well, there would surely be no issues.

He howled, a very brief and short burst of sound coming from his maw. It was a call for audience, not very demanding, quite friendly tune added to it in fact. Now... he would just have to wait and prepare. Garmir begin to draw something to the dirt with his paw while waiting, often taking pauses as he looked down at it before continuing. A piece of modern art perhaps?

Scout demostration 1/3

(This post was last modified: Jul 19, 2018, 11:36 PM by Garmir.)
[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Reyes was in a foul mood. He could blame it on Askan’s mood all he wanted – but the truth of the matter was, the older alpha had been in some kind of cranky since the coyotes appeared in the late spring. (Actually, the shift had started earlier, but Reyes doubted anyone paid that much attention. That thought only made him more cross.)

He was in the process of burying a rabbit in the pack cache when a foreign howl sounded at the border. Immediately his ears fell backwards and he went thundering to the boarder of Shallow’s Edge – there he found a wolf (stank like pack, no less) flirting with the idea of trespassing.

His teeth peeled back to reveal bright rows of teeth. “How about you back the fuck up, and then you tell me why the hell you’re stomping around my borders?”

Guardian Demo 1/3
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir was pre-occupied enough with his drawing to jolt out of surprise the moment first pack wolf came storming at him, with his demands and questions. The welcoming was certainly different from Oak Tree Bend few days pior, but the earthen male could appriciate someone keeping tight control of their own borders.

He did as he was told, backpedalling few good steps away from Reyes while maintaining non threatening look. Garmir had pack to represent and thus he did not intend to cause incidents. "I am looking for certain someone. You might know him." -He explained briefly and to a point before halting at respectable distance, making sure to lower his heand and quite unusually for him - ears too. "I am Garmir, from Charred Ash Draw." -He introduced himself, dipping his head in a form of greething while at it.

Scout demostration 2/3

(This post was last modified: Jul 21, 2018, 12:50 AM by Garmir.)

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Reyes maintained the hostile posture, ears plastered against his skull as his bushy tail remained high above his spine. He was already a thick wolf, more meaty than he was tall in stature, and all his fur standing out on edge only added to the impression of bulk. He was not a man to tangle with. That the stranger had backed up upon request, at least, was one small mark in his favor, though certainly not yet enough to erase the damage he’d done by trotting on the borders in the first place.

“I’m Reyes, and you’re on the borders of Shallow’s Edge,” he groused, eyes narrowed by degrees. Charred Ash Draw. He racked his memory for that name, but didn’t come up with any immediate answers. “Never heard of Charred Ash Draw. Who are you looking for?”

It didn’t mean Reyes would share, but. He could still ask. Curiosity and all that.

Guardian Demo 2/3
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Blunt and to a point. Garmir was starting to like the way this man acted surprisingly enough, even if Reyes propably was not very concerned about what the nosy Ash Draw scout thought. For sake of keeping the pace of conversation he was willing to comply and look as submissive as he could. Garmir simply nodded in aknowledgement to his words and continued onward to answer the question. "Triell Tainn. Former leader of Ash Draw. Im seeking for him on behest of Treyah Tainn, current alpha"

Only now did a familiar feeling begin to tingle Garmir's spine. He felt like he had met this angry male some day in past but he could not quire remember when. His gaze briefly moved to the surrounding terrain as Garmir tried to remember if he had once ventured in this area perhaps when he was seeking for Anaeia... but it did not seem familiar, like the stranger before him.

Turning his gaze back to Reyes, Garmir took a glance at his bulky form and fur patterns. "Have we... met somewhere?"

Scout demostration 3/3

(This post was last modified: Jul 22, 2018, 02:32 PM by Garmir.)

Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Triell Tainn. Triell Tainn? Reyes allowed himself one solid moment to properly consider the man’s request, and then shook his head. The name did not ring any bells. “I know a Jessie Tainn. That’s it though.”

She’d never mentioned a brother or son by that name. Not that he and the Rye’s female lead had been particularly close, so who knew. He shrugged his shoulders, pale eyes settling back on the brown wolf once more. What he wanted to know was more about this Charred Ash Draw – like where it was, for one, and why he hadn’t heard of it yet, for another.

“No. We haven’t. I’d remember,” he answered curtly, silver eyes narrowed. In truth, he wasn’t that unique in terms of appearance – save for those eyes. It was a Reyes trait. And, hell, he was grumpy enough, this guy would remember, too. “Where is Charred Ash Draw? Who is Treyah Tainn? I’ve travelled a lot before settling here – never heard of either.”

He deserved to know that much, he thought – after all, the Draw would now know where the wolves of Shallow’s Edge kept.

Guardian Demo 3/3
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: I take it our earlier thread does not count? Unless Reyes is just not remembering or is lying(?). Garmir will take his word for it regardless.

He had not expected much but admittingly, he was bit disappointed for hearing nothing new. Garmir had no idea who @Jessie Tainn was, perhaps a cousing or very distantly related to Treyah, who knew. He doupted said wolf would have much more to offer but Garmir did make a mental note to investigate it later.

Reyes denied having ever met Garmir and had the earthen male had any stronger itch, he would have insisted on topic. However, Triell and scouting this side of the mountains was more important for him at this point, so he let it pass. It could be one of his... thoughts haunting him again, nothing real. "I see..."

"I.. suppose it is only fair I will tell since I now know location of your pack - and intend to report it to my leaders. I would... suggest.. neutral relations since I doupt we will interact much. You see... " -Garmir took few careful steps forward, lifting his foreleg to point at the weird drawing he had made earlier to the dirt. It was very grude map, if Reyes could make sense of his three year old's doodlings on the ground. "We live on the other side of the mountains occupying portion of wildwood. You know where wildwood is?" -He explained. Garmir would have pointed exact spot on his map but he did not dare to come any closer to do it in fear of provoking the host.

Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Again, Reyes was forced to pause and rack his memory. He had travelled around on the other side of the mountain for a bit when he’d first come to this forest, prior to meeting Askan (who was an utter twat, actually, when they’d met the first few times) and settling in Wild Rye Fields. “I’ve been in that area,” he decided on eventually, “not there though.” He’d skirted around the most of the mountain, really. Had very little interest in climbing it.

Though now his curiosity was piqued.

The map was interesting, too. He glanced down as Garmir referenced it, head tipped to one side. It was frustrating to know so little about the area, and the wolves.

“And the second alpha? Who is it?”

@Garmir -- Since the thread was deaded, I wasn't counting it, no.  I guess you could refer to it in passing but Reyes doesn't remember it.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Reyes
OOC: Copy. We can simply have them not remember it.

Reyes seemed to be taking it little easier now and Garmir dared to come even closer so that he could actually point exactly what everything represented on his grude doodle of a map. When he was asked for second alpha of the pack, Garmir noticed he had not actually mentioned @Draven yet. "Draven Leigh leads beside Treyah. Her mate." -He murmured almost passing by the name.

Garmir kept his eyes on the man put begin to explain what all he had managed to draw so far. "Your pack.. here." -He pointed for reference point, then moving his paw to obvious mountain range and particularly mountain of Dire. "That big ass mountain.. what the f.. whatever the name is." -he continued to lead his paw over the mountain towards what would be south west. He moved some dirt aside with his paw. "There is lake here. And river here. North of the river Ghastly woods - south of the River Wildwood. Our pack is.. about here." -He finally planted his paw down to a smudge on the dirt doodle, finally taking his eyes up from the drawing and then looking up at Reyes, raising one brow. Was that any help?

Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“I see.”

Draven Leigh. He was pretty sure he knew that name. Leigh was Sachiel’s name, once – still a sour point, though not a rabbit hole Reyes was willing to fall down at this point – and he tucked that away to ask his mate later. Perhaps they knew someone at this Charred Ash Draw after all. “Mountain of Dire,” he rumbled, as Garmir stumbled over the name, and eventually…

It seemed like the geography lesson was over. Which was just well and fine for Reyes, really.

“Is that all? I can’t say I know anything else.”

And truly, he wasn’t keen on having his time wasted…after his borders had already been tested.

“I will keep an ear out.”

And that was that. Garmir was dismissed.

Fade.