(See All?) Announcements
551 Users Online
Bing, Google

That ain't no sound of Rock 'n' Roll — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Marisol
RE:Violent thunderstorms overtake Relic Lore.
All welcome!

Mari didn't know why she was still here. Reyes offered her food and protection and that had more or less kept her in the area. She didn't like depending on her big brother, she didn't want his help nor his charity but turning it down seemed like a stupid idea. Ever since Gabi's lover-boy told him to scram she made a pointed effort of not venturing too close to the Shallow's borders. As tempting as it was to make the leader get all pissy she had better things to do. Even if she wasn't up to much these days.

Above the sky was dark, punctuated by the occasional flash of lightning. Her ears flattened against her skull as yet another boom of thunder rattled through her chest, plips of rain bounced off the canopy and landed on her already soggy coat. She was trying to take shelter from the worse of it, but this damn tree wasn't doing a good job of it. Maybe she'd be better off in the open, at the very least she wouldn't feel so damn closed in.

Why did her brother like this place again? All soggy and miserable. With a sigh she pushed her side against the tree trunk. Was it worth the trek north to slip into one of the dens her brother had offered her? Or should she wait it out and hope for clear skies? Yeah...she wasn't holding her breath.

(This post was last modified: May 31, 2018, 07:48 PM by Marisol.)
[Image: marisol_reyes_by_loccian_love-dc6n2r7.png]
Mari has left Relic Lore. I'm in the process of finishing off her threads, those I don't finish will be deaded!
Played by Ace who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Capable

we are not things.

Would she ever escape the rain?

It wasn’t like it bothered her – not exactly. The Blackfish hadn’t settled in a dry area, after all. It just seemed like the rain always came with the crash and the roar of thunder, and it wasn’t just rain. It was always an epic downpour. It made travel near impossible, never mind that if her kids were nearby, she’d not even be able to track them. Not for prints washed out of mud, not for scent drowned out in the wind. The water.

The wolf grumbled and muttered to herself, stomping through muddy puddles until her grey eyes settled on a particularly large tree. For want of a den (not one soggy and slippery with mud, anyways), it would have to do. Capable had just pulled up against the damp bark when she finally realized another wolf had exactly the same idea. Eyes narrowed for a moment, and she snorted.

“This weather ain’t even fit for a damn fish,” she groused, not really expecting the stranger to do much. What was she gonna do, chase Capable off?

not sure what this table is doing rofl.  oops.
(This post was last modified: May 31, 2018, 10:19 PM by Isuni.)
Played by Alice who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Marisol

Mari soon had company. Without invitation the stranger waltzed under the tree as if Mari hadn't already laid claim to it. Her silvery eyes narrowed into a squint as she pouted, that was hardly fair, was it? There were plenty of trees in these woods, why didn't she find one of her own? She'd been about to say as much when the tawny woman beat her to it, but instead of saying something of substance she bitched about the weather. Right...

Pushing her side up against the tree-and in turn covering it in her scent, this one was hers!- Mari shrugged.

"The weather's shit here, period." Not that it made it anymore tolerable. To say Mari hated it here was a understatement. The sooner she figured out what the fuck  she was doing the better. It was just...taking a little longer than she expected is all."If you hate it so much why're you here?" A question she asked herself every day.

[Image: marisol_reyes_by_loccian_love-dc6n2r7.png]
Mari has left Relic Lore. I'm in the process of finishing off her threads, those I don't finish will be deaded!
Played by Ace who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Capable

“Because my dumb ass children decided to tromp out this way and I figured I at least oughta make sure they’re not dead.”

Not that Capable had a plan, exactly, if they were dead – she had more faith in Frick and Frack than that – but beyond finding them and telling them off, she hadn’t had much of a plan. If she got down to Oak Tree Bend and didn’t find them there – and didn’t get any leads – she might well go back to the Blackfish Clan. Which, yes, it was kind of wet on the coast too, but it was different. At least there were fish.

And Speiden.

“What’s your excuse?”

bring me home, bring back what's stolen,
Capable
like you're supposed to