(See All?) Announcements
488 Users Online
Bing, Google, Enera

Heart shaped Box — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Inna is outside the borders of Driftwood and has not stepped over she is calling for Lachesis and Oksana. @Orionis but other surge wolves welcome. Mid afternoon, hot, sunny. Please let Ori post first.

you fill my head with pieces

of a song i can't get out

It felt like the journey had been long but they had avoided any contact with coyotes and her son was safe. That was what mattered to the Raven as they approached the surge borders. This was a very important visit and Inna was excited for her son to meet his half sister. She had kept who they would get meeting to herself wanting to surprise Orionis. She was glad that she had come to the surge before giving birth to him so that this wouldn't be a surprise to Lachesis and Oksana.

Inna checked to make sure Ori was close by, she'd given him some freedom to explore as long as he stayed within sight along the way. He hadn't yet given her reason to not trust that he wouldn't which of course made her chest swell with pride that her son listened so well. This would he his first official visit with a pack and she hoped he remembered what she had taught him.

The scent of the surge wolves became stronger until she reached the point they could go no further. She turned to her son and waited for him to come up next to her. “We're here Ori.” She declared, “Do you smell that? It's the border to the surge you must not cross without permission from the alpha. Beyond it lives a whole pack of wolves some of the friends of mine. Your going to meet one of them today,” she hoped Lachesis wasn't too busy, “And someone else that is very special. I want you to be on your best behavior and remember your manners. Okay?” Once she had received her son's response she lifted her muzzle toward the sound and called for her daughter and Lachesis asking them to join her at the border. “It shouldn't be too long before we are greeted,” she explained once her call had died down.

(This post was last modified: Jul 23, 2018, 07:09 PM by Inna.)
Played by Arla who has 42 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Orionis Rigel

Their adventure had taken (what felt like) foooooreeeeever and Orionis was very happy that they had now reached their destination. He had detoured occasionally along the way, exploring new scents and desperately trying to commit all the new sights to memory for future reference. But the world beyond their little den on the mountain was so big and there was so much for the ebony boy to see. How could his mother remember so much?! It seemed impossible!

We’re here, Ori.

He scrambled up to his side, his little nose wrinkled as he studied all of the tall, pointy trees before them. His mother went on to explain that they had arrived at the border to the surge and that he was not to cross it unless he was given permission. Huh. His head twisted to the side as he glanced up at his mother, the corners of his mouth drooping. That seemed silly but he gave a short nod to show that he understood. He would do his best to show his momma that he could behave when in the presence of important wolves. He didn’t get to meet many of them so this was a very special day.

He kept his lips pinched tight as his hindquarters flopped to the ground, his expression still wrinkled as his mother called for the wolves that lived beyond the trees.

Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Months had passed since her accident she was now healed and getting back to work. She was happy again to be able to help the pack instead of saying about. She'd set about trying to do her best despite the fact she still walked with a limp. It would be a constant reminder that the needed to think before she acted but perhaps having it wasn't so bad.

Working to gain a role as guardian she found to be very suited to her handicap. She could go at her own pace and still be there when it was time to greet a visitor if need be. They hadn't had many in recent months, well since she'd been back on the border anyway.

That all changed when she heard the very familiar voice of her mother through the territory. Oksana couldn't help but be overjoyed that Inna had come for a visit. The last time she'd seen the dark woman was months ago and she had been worried about her ever since especially with the coyotes and the news that Inna was pregnant. The crow wondered if everything had gone okay.

She didn't waste any time closing the distance between where she was on the border and where her mother had called from. As soon as she came to the place and saw the dark figure of her mum she went to her tail wagging. I'm so glad your okay, she spoke as she nestled against her mother's chest. When she finally pulled away her orange gaze landed on the pup that was with her. And who might this be? She asked looking up at her mother before turning back to the dark child that Oksana suspected might be her sibling.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He had not been expecting the call at the borders—especially from the wolf behind the voice. Immediately his brows pinched with concern, his pace slowing as he swung his head over his shoulder. He had told her to call if she needed help… but there was no urgency in her voice. Instead she had asked for the company of only Lachesis and Oksana, which meant that she likely had her own company with her. His direction changed immediately and the ghost headed straight for the borders, his long legs carrying him quickly through the forest to greet the fiery-eyed raven. He was curious as to whether she had run into their northern neighbours or if she had managed to skirt their borders during her trek to the Surge. But that was a question that could wait until after he had seen why she had summoned him to the borders…

Lachesis was greeted by a familiar shape and two mini-Inna’s. One was one of his own, Oksana, but the other was much smaller; the newest addition to Inna’s small family. A son. He blinked, his steps slowing as he approached the dark trio, a faint smile rolling onto his pale features. Inna, he greeted, his tail swaying softly behind him, It looks like you’re doing well. Truthfully he was relieved to see her doing better. Both she and her son appeared happy and healthy. It appeared that living as a loner had done her some good; he just hoped it was benefiting her mentally as well. His chartreuse gaze drifted to the tuft of ebony fur at her side but his words hung at the back of his throat. Oksana had already asked the question that was on his mind. All he had to do was wait for the answer.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

After sending her call for Lachesis and Oksana Inna filled the time while she watching her son and his reaction to the border. It was something he would have to get used to with the number of packs in the lore. He would need to know how to respect them and those that lived within them. She didn't want her son to be attacked by an angry pack because he'd been disrespectful to them.

As was expected the wait for someone to greet them wasn't a long one and it was Oksana who cake first. A wide smile appeared on her dark face at the sight of her fully grown daughter. Inna took note the limp was still there but Oksana seemed to be doing well. Inna hugged her daughter as she always did, “We are doing well. I'm glad to see you seem to be doing well yourself. I've missed you Sana.” The crow also had a question about the dark bundle at her side. Before she could answer though Lachesis appeared. She offered him a smile and a dip of her head. “Hello Lachesis. We’ve had some bumps but we are doing well despite circumstances,” she said meaning the coyotes. She was sure they were both curious why she had come and there was still Oksana's question.

“I've come because I wanted my son to meet you both,” she looked to Lachesis, “Despite our differences Lachesis you are still very important in my life.” It was without further adieu that she nudged her son in front of her. “I would like you both to meet Orionis, your new little brother Sana.” She then looked down to her son, “And Ori this is your big sister Oksana and your Uncle Lach.” She would have to explain Lachesis to him later but for now all he needed to know was what she told him.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Arla who has 42 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Orionis Rigel

He waited (im)patiently for the arrival of the Surge wolves, his tail tucked tight around his paws in order to keep them from trembling with excitement. Or was it nerves? Both—it was definitely both.

Fortunately for the little magpie it did not take long for someone to make an appearance. His denim eyes nearly bugged out of his little skull as a miniature-momma approached them, a noticeable limp in her walk as she made a bee-line straight for Inna. He shuffled awkwardly to the side, a frown now appearing on his dark features as he glanced at the strange female. Momma called her Sana and that she missed her, which made him a little sad but the feeling went away almost immediately. He got to see momma every day so it was okay if she missed someone else. Orionis was lucky. He did not have to miss momma.

Another wolf approached, but this one did not look like his real momma and the momma look-alike. He was pale in appearance—paler than the yellow-eyed Laike he had encountered weeks ago—with brilliant yellow-green eyes. Little Orionis was in complete awe by the walking cloud and his regal appearance. He oozed with a confidence Orionis could only dream of.

Momma called this one Lachesis—a name that the ebony boy did not know if he could repeat. Heck, he was even scared to attempt it.

His attention returned to Sana as his mother addressed her once more and introduced Orionis to her as her… new little brother?

Huh?

What did that mean?

Momma then called her Oksana and explained that she was his big sister and that this Lak-ey-sus was his … uncle? He blinked, his head tipping from side to side. Wha? He asked softly, his expression tightening as he turned to look at momma for explanation. He did not understand.

Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Her mother had come for a visit and she had brought with her a dark little furball of a pup. Oksana knew who he was before her mother had to tell her, she was rather pleased to see his dark fur just like her and Inna. There was something special about that in the crows mind.

Lachesis joined them only moments after she had greeted her mother. Oksana looked up at him with a smile as he spoke of how Inna was doing. The Raven stated that they were doing well though she wondered what Inna meant by bumps in the road. She would have to ask her about that later sure that Inna would fill her in. Her mother didn't usually keep things from her.

More than anything Oksana was happy about her mother's declaration to Lachesis but her eyes grew a little wide when she heard her brothers name. The crow crouched down to her brothers level, “Our names start with the same sound, can I call you Ori?” She asked her little brother as her tail waved a fast pace behind her. She couldn't contain her happiness about this development. “Brothers and sisters share a mum and big sisters look after their little brothers,” she explained when he spoke.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The little boy’s confusion earned a small smile from the stoic ghost. It was a lot for him to take in all at once. Lachesis was not related by blood but the raven had been like a daughter to him during her stay in Hearthwood. He cared for Oksana as though she was his own and he would do the same for the little tuft of ebony fur. Inna would not have brought her son here if she did not intend for Lachesis to be in their life. That’s good to hear, he commented in response, his tone genuine as he studied the Baranski and her son. They were both a little on the lean side but that came with being a loner. Food was already scarce enough for the pack as a result of the coyotes; he could only imagine how difficult it was for the lone wolves of the Lore.

It is nice to meet you, Orionis. XIX dipped his nose down to get a better look at the youth, his expression warm as he noted the similarities between the three wolves. There was no mistaking the boy was Inna’s son; the only difference in their coats was the splotch of white on the boy’s chest. The continuation of Inna’s dark fur made it impossible to guess who the father might be, but it did not matter to Lachesis. He just hoped that she wouldn’t allow her personal demons to take over once more and push her away from this child. Where are you headed next? He asked, his attention returning to Inna as he straightened himself out: Or are you planning on staying?

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You smell the remains of an elk nearby. Enjoy your feast! +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

The Raven couldn't be more pleased with the way the meeting was going. Oksana and Lachesis seemed to be very accepting of Orionis just as she hoped they would. It was more than that though, after everything she felt like things were starting to be repaired between her and Lachesis. While she would probably never seek to join the surge she had gotten past many of the things that had caused the rift. She felt being on her own with her son was better for her for the time being. She couldn't know what the future held for her but for now things were good.

Lachesis seemed pleased with what she'd said and that brought a smile to her maw. It was her son's confusion about the introduction that brought her attention to him. Oksana was already trying to teach him about being brother and sister. “Ori, Lachesis has been a part of mine and Oksana's life since we were born and I want him to be a part of yours. Sana is my daughter like your my son, they are part of our family,” she explained hoping between what she and Oksana had said would help him understand.

Her orange gaze turned back up to Lachesis as he spoke asking her about her plans. “I would like to show Orionis more of the lore, he likes seeing new things but I thought we might stay in the area for a little while. With the heat and the coyotes it might be good to stick close to the lake,” she explained, “I also wanted to ask your permission if we could stay in the area past the border,” she gestured behind her with her muzzle, “Not too close of course but close enough that if the coyotes came we could call out?”

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.