(See All?) Announcements
319 Users Online
Bing, Google

I find peace in your violence — Vigils Keep 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias was still rather...worked up by what happened yesterday. Why was history so determined to repeat itself? A few minor details here and there were different but in essence it was all the same: conflict, the sort Elias had no interest in diving head first into. He had arrived late on the scene but it had been pretty obvious the other Keep wolves didn't share his sentiment, all snarling and riled up as though they wanted to tear the Driftwood Surge wolves apart. Elias shuddered. 

Nineva had promised that things would be different here, and he truly wanted to believe her, but... They weren't getting off to a good start, were they? Was this the sort of environment they were going to raise @Ellery in? Of course, he understood the need to defend their home, he hardly expected everyone to roll over and flash his belly as he so often did, but...Heck, he didn't even recognise half of his pack mates anymore. They reminded him of wolves he'd much rather forget, if he could.

With a sigh, he hobbled along, meandering through the rocky corridors as he followed Nineva's scent. To his shame he hadn't been overly social with the others, if he happened upon them he'd smile and play nice-as if he could act any other way- but it felt more than a little forced. Like he was just behaving because he knew that's what Nin would want.

Scrambling up atop one of the many stony perches that littered the Keep, Elias left a soft 'awoo'. It was no full-blown howl, he didn't particularly want the rest of the pack to hear, nor did he want Nin's Queensgard trailing after her like they were tethered to her shadow. He just wanted Nin, for a moment.

(This post was last modified: Jul 23, 2018, 03:49 PM by Elias.)
[Image: untitled_1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbu4sbc.png]
[Image: teamselwyn_2_by_marthypie-dcq9co4.png]

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok

but it was a trick

and the clock struck twelve

Nineva too was far from working out the emotions brought on by the Surge's invasion. The queen was tense, angry and, in this moment of the aftermath, quite certain that something larger and more threatening would soon come their way. She had worked so hard, taken so much into account, been so damned careful and still, just a month after their birth they were already being attacked. The foundation was threatening to crack and it was upon her shoulders to stop them. After all, she had been the one to make so many promises, she dragged them all here, she swore to them this would be there a home, a place of safety and growth.

What if she wasn't the exception, but rather just another piece of the mess that had all but wiped out the West?

She heard Elias' call, and her paws moved without her thoughts joining. Nineva was in another world altogether as she approached her right hand, but he was welcome to attempt to pull her out of it and back into reality, and this was signaled by the conscious bump of her flank against his, an unspoken 'I'm here.'

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias wouldn't demand anything from his queen, be it words or actions. The touch to his flank was all the comfort he needed and more. How could he have been so selfish, worrying about his own fears when the strongest women he knew- and the closest thing he had to the love of his life-seemed so distraught? He internally cursed himself as he turned to give her snout a quick lick, yet another selfish indulgence then drew back a little to give her space. It was harder to smile today but he forced one onto his lips nonetheless.

"It could have gone worse, right?" It was hard to look on the bright side when everything seemed so gloomy. "I'm sure...given a little time it'll all blow over. Maybe we can't be friends but... there's no reason to fight. I think." His words lacked conviction, saying them aloud didn't make it feel any more real.

At the very least, Ellery was safe. They had that to be thankful for, in comparison everything else seemed rather moot, inconsequential almost. Another sigh passed his lips as he tried-and failed- to shove those concerns aside. Nin was here, she was all he needed, and more.

"What do you need me to do? I could try...I'm no diplomat but-"He snapped his mouth shut. What if he made it worse? Maybe they needed someone with more expertise to deal with this situation, someone who understood the incracises of diplomacy.

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok

but it was a trick

and the clock struck twelve

A near-humorless hah escaped her at the words 'could have gone worse.' Yeah, she supposed it could have, but unfortunately that didn't help. What had occurred was already too much, more than should have ever happened. She knew what he was doing, however, and passed a small smile his way, silver eye finally focusing on him as she resurfaced from her own mind.

"We won't be trying anything, if another move is to be made they will be the ones to do it."

Whether that move pursued peace or war, the Surge would continue to shoulder the responsibility. Nineva had no intentions of sweeping what they'd done under the rug, but she also wasn't about to escalate the situation. The worst they had done was insulted the Keep, however gravely; it wasn't like they had injured one of her own. As such, she wouldn't seek vengeance unless they proved to be a dedicated threat.

"I'm content to live without ever interacting with a Surge wolf again, so long as they don't go out of their way to piss me off again."

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias clamped his mouth shut. If that was what she wanted then Elias wouldn't do a thing, he wouldn't even utter a single word about it. He knew that he was her Right Hand man, the Father of her child but...truly, he didn't feel equipped to deal with situations like these. How did she manage to seem so sure of herself? Elias supposed that was a Nin thing, wasn't it? She was unshakeabe, unyeilding, like the stone foundations of their territory. He'd always admired her for that, always envied her strength, but he couldn't help but wonder... Elias shook his head sharply, nope, none of that today.

"That aside...how are you feeling? What can I do?" The weight upon her shoulders was massive, he'd do anything to ease her burden. Anything.

Elias had gotten into the habit of keeping a close eye on her since he found out she was pregnant. Nineva, of course, was no longer in a vulnerable state but he'd gotten so used to being protective it was a difficult habit to shake. Not that he'd tried that hard, not really.

"I think leading is a good look on you. Very regal." His gaze roamed over her form, she looked every bit a queen. Beautiful really- his cheeks flushed hot and he cleared his throat, more than a little bashful. Elias had it bad.