(See All?) Announcements
343 Users Online
Google, Bing

Continuing Strong — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Nina thought about it and started to dig a small hole. The ground beneath her paws was soft, making it easier for her to dig the whole. Carefully placing her herbs in the small hole she started to refill it. Growling to herself when she almost cut a leaf with her claw she turned back to Niara, <b>"Alright, I'm ready to go!"</b> Twitching her ears again Nina padded forward towards the area that they were heading towards.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'><b>"That is a good idea Niara I think that would be nice. Because of your acts of kindness I would like to give you a lesson in herbs if you would like, an if you don't accept that can I at least give you some lavender, it's one of the best leaves to use." </b> Nina's soft voice was gentle but serious with a hint of joy in it. She was a pro when it came to herbs, she knew them like she knew the back of her paw.</font>
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
<blockquote>Naira was pleased to meet someone with a common interest. <b>"I won't take what precious stores you have, but perhaps your knowledge is more vast than mine. Since coming to this place I find myself bombarded with issues of the mind. While I am more than capable with physical ailments thanks to my grandmother and former alpha, disturbances of thought process were not something we ever needed to touch on."</b> she said conversationally. Her pack were more than sane, and perhaps she had been missing out, but the thought of having to deal with the mentally unstable on a daily basis gave her a mild headache. <b>"Making assumptions based on your supply of calming herbs, is this an area you are well versed in?"</b> she questioned as they continued to travel to where she had last scented their prey.</blockquote>
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>The female wolf was more than delighted that she could have a peaceful, social conversation with someone that wasn't herself. Her answer was almost immediate as she heard what came out of the other wolf's mouth, Speaking at a regular pace her voice was sweet as butter, <b>"Of course, it is one of my star talents. You may not believe it, but there are many problems of the mind all around us that one may not realize. I would be overjoyed to help you learn some of the skills I have learned, but please, let us do one thing at a time."</b> Nina spoke her words kindly as she picked up the scent of her prey. THe female wolf had to dig her claws into the ground at every step she took so she wouldn't go bounding ahead to chase her prey.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>With her muscles flexing with her movements the young wolf growled as she restrained herself. The urge to hunt had come over her so suddenly meaning she couldn't wait to sink her jaws into a piece of meat. She couldn't remember the last time she had eaten meat, all she had been surviving on for the longest time was berries and herbs. Though the thought di not bother her, it did affect the way her body functioned for weeks. The thought of blood and fresh meat on her mouth made her tongue start to water. Joy was seeping into the wolf's mood as she walked along side Niara.</font>
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
<blockquote><b>"Many problems indeed."</b> she responded with a wry smirk. She had never met a mental wolf until she came here and each time she did it took most of her patience not to rip of their faces. It went against nature that the weak should survive while the strong were forced to support them. Once they passed the yearling mark anyway. Perhaps her family had merely been slightly more spartan than others.

Finally she trailed the scent. Thankfully it was still fresh. She slowed her walking so as to minimise the sound, creeping forward until the towering antlers came into sight, a smile of joy crossing her maw and lighting her eyes. Her very first hunt had been caribou. Their hairy white head and necks provided the perfect target for any predator but of course you had to look out for those flashing feet. They could break your back and cut you open all in one kick, and there is no remedy for that.

On the outskirts of the herd, there was an older cow, she was missing an antler and patches of fur, almost as if the others were keeping their distance, lest they catch old age. It didn't look like anyone would be racing to her rescue and that was just perfect for the small hunting party. <b>"What do you think?"</b> she questioned the wolf at her side. There were very few other options. All the others were too healthy or protected by the herd because they were young. Her muscles began to bunch in anticipation.</blockquote>

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
The young female wolf quickly examined the herd with quick eyes. Twitching her ears she watched carefully.<b> "I think it would be in our best interests to take down that older one," </b>Nina said carefully,<b> "but if it comes down to us not being able to get the older on I think we should take down one of the ones on the outside, with my speed I think I could easily chase it down, and with your strength you could easily take it down." </b>Nina finished her short explaination with a soft whispery voice. Nina's muscles were bunching in antipation.

The urge to hunt was strong, and she desperately wanted to chase after the caribou, but she wouldn't risk scaring off her prey, she needed food and the best way to do it was to listen to the hunter that she was accompanying. One of the up sides about being a lone wolf was knowing about how to do pretty much everything that had to be known, one of the down sides....not knowing how to act with other wolves and how to aapt to being in a pack. Though this hunt would be different Nina thought she could manage fairly well.
(This post was last modified: Feb 27, 2012, 11:48 PM by Nina.)
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
<blockquote>Naira smiled, there wouldn't be much trouble getting to the older one, the herd had already segregated the cow as an offering to the predators. <b>"I don't think that will be a problem. We will both go for the rear, tear as much as you can, we want it weak from blood loss before I go at the throat. Perhaps if we cause enough damage we won't have to go near the front. It seems pretty weak already..."</b>

It didn't appear as if more words needed to be said and so she moved. Launching herself across the small open space and towards the old caribou, nipping at the animals rear legs to draw blood and weaken the beast before she made her move for its throat, if she needed to. She just hoped the other wolf would be happy to continue attacking the beasts legs, because it would take her strength to pull the beast down quickly.</blockquote>

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Flicking her ears she launched herself after the other wolf and at the caribou's rear. Snorting to herself she tore at its rear. She would definitely try her hardest to take this beast down. She would need food, and she believed this would be the best way to do it. Continuing to tear at it's rear. Panting slightly she started running as the caribou took off. Now was the time she needed to us her speed. Snarling, Nina leapt after the larger animal hot on its trail. She wouldn't let her prey get away so now was the time.

Flinging hersel after the caribou quickly she tore at it as the trees tore past her. She could only hope that Niara would behind her ready to make the kill. She pinned her ears on her head to keep them from flapping. Slashing at its legs she hoped to disable its ability to run slightly. Besides the animal was old so it shouldn't be too hard. Looking at the rest of the herd she was happy to see that they were running away from the older caribou leaving it free for Niara and herself.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
<blockquote>It would appear the old cow had more kick left in her than the large female had anticipated as she crept forward towards the beasts neck, taking the occasional tearing bite along the way. Finally, a stumble, and that was all it took for the tawny woman to make that final push to reach the animals well marked white throat. She found her mark, teeth sinking into soft flesh and crushing the windpipe of their prey. Blood flowed into her mouth as her teeth sunk deeper, seeking the animals life blood as payment for her effort. <i>There...</i> the beast faltered under the weight of the wolf on its neck and the lack of oxygen to its brain. She was able to inch her way up the caribous neck and finally found the artery she sought, watching the beast life flow away with its blood on the snow.

She took a moment to catch her breath, her heart still beating at a million miles a minute. Usually she would tear into the animal as soon as it was down, dead or no, but given the state of the wolf who had helped her pull the animal down she thought it best to allow her the first bite before sinking her teeth into the still warm flesh.</blockquote>

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Walking towards the cow she dipped her head in respect for the meal, "Thank you for this meal. Thank you for sacrificing your life to feed us." Nodding her head towards Niara she spoke quietly, "Please. Take what you need friend. I appreciate you hunting with me." Nina ripped part of its flesh off and nosed it over to Niara. Looking up at the female wolf she nodded her again in approval. Turning quickly back to the animal she tore off another piece of meat. Sinking her canines into the cow she ate part of the meat silently.

Looking up she studied her surroundings. It was clear as day and the trees that surrounded them were beautiful. Pine trees. Maple...there were maple trees here, and over there...was that more lavender. Sniffing quickly she could easily tell that is was most definitely lavender. That was a good thing then. Quickly examining the area again she snorted. This would be a good place to stay.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
ready to wrap it up?

<blockquote>Naira tore a chunk of chewy meat off the old cow and ate in silence much like her companion. Before she could forget she tugged on the creatures pelt, tearing a sizeable chunk lose and throwing it bloody side down on a small snow drift. <b>"For your herbs."</b> she said with a small smile, tearing one off for herself at the same time. She would need to start collecting as soon as the first melt occurred, only a few days away, judging from the weather.

After she had eaten her fill, but not enough to bloat her belly, she moved back from the carcass. <b>"Remember if you don't see any improvement to continue taking the herbs at the same rate I showed you. The food should help speed the recovery. See you around."</b> she said with a small smile as she collected her own scrap of fur and headed off in the general direction of her den. She would need to sleep the kill off before she could do much more of use.</blockquote>

{exit}