(See All?) Announcements
578 Users Online
Bing, Hazelnut, Google

[s] a bro in need is a bro indeed — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
lach is outside the borders; for @Askan and @Reyes only.

The visit south to his bros closest friends was long overdue—especially since the debacle on the Keep’s territory. He scoffed, aloud, at the thought. Clearly an alliance was not in the cards for the newly formed pack, even before Driftwood’s deliberate trespassing. Any sane, reasonable pack would not have settled so close to another with good intentions. The ghost refused to be driven from his home a third time. There would be no running from the river wolves; their home was at the edge of the lake and Lachesis would do whatever necessary to protect it. Even if it meant risking his own life. His children would not live in fear of being attacked or kidnapped by a rival pack; they would thrive along the shores of Turtleback just as his previous litter had.

He did not want to leave the Surge—not even for a few days—but he knew he had to. Lilya was busy keeping the children in line and Lachesis wanted to ensure that he sought out his southern neighbours as quickly as possible. He was curious as to whether either of the Edge Lords had encountered the newest pack in the north, or if any of their scouts had caught scent of the intruders. The Driftwood numbers had not increased or decreased since the birth of his children which worried him. However, he did not fret too much about the new pack. While they had numbers on their side they were all young and inexperienced; weak. Even their silver leader was not much of a threat to the Arctic. She was all words and posture; nothing more.

He just feared what they would do to the younger members of his pack.

When he reached the borders of the shallows Lachesis tossed his nose to the sky, calling for the dark duo. If they were nearby XIX knew he wouldn’t have to wait long. He just hoped they hadn’t gone on their own scouting mission…

(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2018, 04:28 AM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
I don't care if heaven won't take me back

These days visitors to the Shallows were few and far between. Askan liked the seculsion, the peace and quiet, but he couldn't help but feel as though he was missing out. That all hell could break loose up north and he'd have no clue until it was too late. He'd wandered off north not so long ago and he had very little interest in leaving the Shallows again so soon. If something did happen he'd just have to hope his scouts caught wind of it.

Hell, if it hadn't been for @Hawthorne he wouldn't even know about this new pack....Vigils Keep, was it? Were they ever going to send anyone, or was Askan holding his breath for nothing? So when he heard the call at the border his hackles raised-only for them to fall back down once he recognised who was calling. He'd know that howl anywhere. It wasn't one he heard often but the tone it carried was very distinct, familiar. Almost as though they were family...

Askan broke out into a lope as he moved through the forest, his paws thudding against the sundried earth. Sure enough, as he slowed to a trot he saw a familiar white form. His bro: Lachesis. Askan had no doubt his mate would be following suit anytime soon, unless he was having a nap. Lazy git.

"Lach" Askan greeted warmly, or at least as much as he could manage. Then onto business... "Is everything all right?"

(This post was last modified: Aug 19, 2018, 02:44 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
another tag for @Reyes (and for @Askan) - just wanted to keep dis movin' <3
this is the most poor Lachy has ever sworn in his life for M/S FOR SWEARS (editing the thread title too)

As expected it did not take long for half of the grumpy duo to make an appearance. He tail waved softly behind him in greeting as his chartreuse gaze searched behind the espresso-coloured male for his better other half, but the blue-eyed male was not trailing behind his mate. But it did not matter. Words had threatened to spill off the tip of his tongue the moment Askan came into view; he did not know if he could wait any longer.

He began pacing as soon as Askan’s greeting filled the space between them, his tail flicking idly behind him in frustration. No, he started, his voice clipped as the top of his snout wrinkled, everything is not all right. It took everything in him not to cocoon his words in a snarl. I don’t understand how it’s so fucking hard to respect boundaries. He was still pacing; his tail still lashing out behind him as he moved. Fuckin’ pack settled less than a days travel away from us. Less than a day! In our hunting grounds! He scoffed as he kicked at the ground, anger billowing inside his chest as he spoke: Decided to pay 'em a visit since they couldn't be bothered to introduce themselves. Chased a deer right across their borders because fuck ‘em, y’know? They had the balls to tell us that they’ve been hunting in the north; in the Kingswood. Why not make a home there then, huh? Instead of my lake? The more he spoke the angrier he became. He had not realized how furious he was about the whole situation until now. Poor Askan. Driftwood will not be chased away by some dumb, entitled bitch, I’ll tell you that much.

(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2018, 04:29 AM by Lachesis.)
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

How was he always late?

It wasn’t even like Askan was that fast. Which was an upsetting prospect of its own, because it meant that Reyes was really that slow. Which led to the mental note: go running with Sachiel and Hawthorne later – because if anyone was speedy, it was surely those leggy yearlings – and then he was even later, arriving in time to hear Lachesis open the damn.

His eyebrows were raised as he took a seat next to Askan, watching the pale leader with mild surprise. “Don’t think I’ve heard you say that much, ever.” Never mind the curses. And then he grinned. Not for the Surge’s misfortune, of course (though he was certainly glad they were near the Edge’s boarders), but because they had clearly inspired some other side of the ghost. He liked this side. He liked this side a lot.

“So. Who’s the dumb entitled bitch?”

Ah, yes. It had been a long time since he’d indulged in his very favorite hobby: petty gossip.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Yeesh. So that's what Askan got for trying to be friendly? His ears flicked back as his expression soured, a little offended. Usually, he would have held onto that feeling, let it fester, but it was soon flushed away by the tirade of words that Lach sent his way. Like Reyes he'd never heard the Old Man say so much, let alone seem so angry. Askan's shoulder just so happened to brush against Reyes as he plopped his butt down on the ground. Anyone else and Askan would have remained standing, but Lach was a friend, there was no need to be so stiff and formal.

For the briefest of moments it was a little amusing to see Lachesis so worked up, but the words that tumbled from him were not a laughing matter. Vigils Keep wasn't news to Askan, but the fact that things were worse than he'd assumed did not sit well with the Selwyn. Lachesis truly deserved so much better.

"Queen something or other. Or at least that's what her followers call her." How arrogant. Did she really think she could swan into the east and suddenly gain the respect and admiration without earning it? Elkshit.

Lach had been in these parts long before Askan had, he belonged here, he'd carved out a life for himself and his family. And this entitled bitch thought she was more deserving? That her actions were warranted? In what world was it acceptable to lay claim to a plot of land not even a day away from another pack? It was madness. Long story short, they weren't going to make any friends with their bullshit and Shallows Edge would always have Lach's back, if need be.

"This is like Whitestone Monadnock all over again." As if the north hadn't had enough drama.

(This post was last modified: Aug 19, 2018, 02:44 PM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Of course his friends would turn his lunatic ranting into a joke. It was what they did best. His pacing stopped almost immediately at Reyes’ voice, a crooked grin falling onto his stoic features. His shoulders were still tense despite his relaxed expression, his tail flicking idly behind him. The arrival of the Keep wolves, or whatever they called themselves, was no joke. They were a threat to Driftwood and Lachesis’ family, and he was willing to do whatever necessary to remove the threat. Hopefully with the help (and support) of the Edgy crew.

Before he got a chance to answer the scarred male Askan chimed in, earning a loud scoff from the ghostly leader. Never learned her name, he answered with an indifferent shrug, his nose wrinkling at the thought of the silver wench. Don’t care to either. He was not interested in playing nice or making friends. He wanted her out of his territory and back to whatever hole she crawled out of. She was not welcome in the north—nor were her followers. Aytigin joined 'em, too. Not surprised. Scum attracts scum. What pissed him off the most was that Aytigin knew how close the silver bitch was to Driftwood but didn’t do anything to persuade her from settling elsewhere. She had created her own drama and she had to live with it. Or die with it. Lachesis didn’t care either way.

I want them gone, he stated, his expression still grim, haven’t really decided how yet, but that’s the plan. I just wanted to come down and let you know before they came down seeking some alliance after realizing how badly they fucked up.

Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Reyes wasn’t convinced this drama was just like that drama, but held his tongue. For one thing, he hadn’t considered Drestig a friend the same way he considered Lachesis – but the male decided against throwing fuel on the fire. “Oh, how petty of you,” he crooned to the pale ghost, eyes bright with amusement. He had thought the fire might burn out, but now – now he was fairly certain that this was not dying off.

He settled on his haunches, scratching at an ear with one foot as Lachesis detailed the very bones of his plane. “Hm. Well, don’t know if they know about us yet, but I ain’t worried. Getting’ them gone though.” His ears perked forward. “Well, maybe we could help you with that.”

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan snorted at the thought of the Bitch Queen grovelling at their doorstep. Seeing as she had Ayti-whatever at her side, it went without saying that she was aware of the alliances that had been forged long before she fancied herself a new, shiny title. The political climate around here had been pretty damn stable, everyone just seemed to get along, until she'd come along and ruined it all. That being said, Askan doubted there was any risk of allies turning on one another. After all, who would choose them over Lachesis? That didn't mean that they wouldn't try, Askan could imagine them trying to brown nose their way into someone's good graces. It was pathetic really.

Tossing his mate a side glare, he then returned his attention back to the frustrated Driftwood King.

"Maybe, depends on what you're suggesting." Just like Reyes, Askan's ears flicked forward, ready to hear what he had to say. He'd always wanted to whoop Craw's arse, maybe this would be as close as he could ever get to that. "Reyes has experience with...problem solving." And that was putting it lightly.

Even now Askan didn't know how Gabriel felt about his encounter with Savion atop that awful awful hill. They hadn't really spoken about it, and now it felt like nothing more than a ghost story. Reyes had killed him because he had no other choice, but this situation wasn't quite as black and white.

"And you know me, I love a good fight." His tail wagged at that, swift and enthusiastic like a pup who'd just been invited to a playdate. "It's been too long, I can only beat Reyes up so many times before it gets boring."

(This post was last modified: Sep 05, 2018, 01:31 PM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The idea of fighting had completely slipped Lachesis’ mind in the heat of the moment. He was not much of fighter and had only done so to preserve his rank when challenged by the one-eyed dragon. His wife was the expert, as she had come from a background of war. Hell, he did not even know if she would be interested in starting a war with their new, unwelcome neighbours. But, with the Edgy Crew to back them… the odds would certainly be in their favour. Driftwood had remained humble the summer months—neither shrinking or increasing. Both Rory and his daughter had disappeared, which worried him, but the cloud was not overly concerned. The river wolves had always done well for themselves even in times of trouble. But they certainly did not have the same adult numbers that their neighbours had. But, what they lacked in numbers they made up for in strength. However, with the help of his closest friends they would be a formidable force. Lachesis was also sure he could seek out his friends in the Rye if need be.

Clearly the silver bitch had not realized who she was messing with.

I mean, he started, his chartreuse gaze flitting between the two, I would not be opposed to picking a fight. Almost did but we did not have numbers on our side. Don’t think those wolves are keen on fighting fair, either. His nose wrinkled at the thought. She’s got numbers, that’s for sure. Stirred up trouble with 'em to see how many of her mutts I could lure out of the forest. But they’re all puny. Pretty sure you could sneeze on them and they’d fall over.

Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“Problem solving!  Hah.  Look at you, being all coy an’ shit.”

Reyes snorted, but the smile never left his face.  His moonlit eyes.  If he had to pick one single thing that was his specialty, though, he supposed Askan had hit the buck right between the eyes.  Couldn’t have said so better himself.

His gaze shifted back to the wolf in need, tail moving in slow, lazy arcs.  Lachesis seemed… open to the opportunity, and that was all the pair needed, really.  He was sure the ghost would make the right choice for himself and his family when the need arose.  Until then, the Edge wolves would stay just where they were, continuing to grow strong.  Stable.

“Alright.  Well, hate t’ break up this gossip session but we got borders to mark, and so on, and so forth.  We’re just a howl away though, you know that.”

The whole lot of them, really.

And with that, Reyes nudged Askan behind the ear, urging the younger leader to follow him and continue with the task Reyes had started that day.

Fade.