(See All?) Announcements
448 Users Online
Apollo, Bing, Google

Golden Opportunities[BWP] — Copper Rock Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
Cheedo's first stop in her scouting trip.

She'd been given the role of scout at the last meeting and now it was time to put those skills she'd learned to good use. It was a conversation with Piety that had led her to he out in the lore. It had been a long time since she had been this far from the tarn. So far so good though, she'd managed to avoid any coyote's traveling on her own. She didn't stop for very long when she did but it was now getting to where she would need to rest.

The scent of water was what had drawn her and she thought water and food all in one place. There she would he able to rest and get something to eat and drink. Once she caught the scent it didn't take her long to find the lake. Once she had the first thing she did was go to the water to get herself a drink. The tawny woman lowered her head to begin lapping at the water.

(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2018, 06:47 PM by Cheedo.)
[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Grey who has 18 posts.
Inactive
Rajan
Water. Running water. It was music to his ears. He knew it had been a stupid move to stray from the river's banks and as soon as he had left the Palisade at his back, the creek that had come from the Fjord was gone. He lost a day just circling back around. Now, he was here, being drawn towards a Spring, tongue lolling from his mouth and his throat scratchy beyond his belief.

He had been so adamant on finding the pool that he had not even seen just who had been sharing the water's edge with him. The Prince's head ducked down as he practically mirrored her from across the way, tongue lapping at the water in all attempts to slake his thirst. At least the heat had not been as terrible as it had been some time before, but he had been on his feet for the past few hours. Ideally, traveling at night was best this time of year, but he had the energy today to push himself a little further - and, so, here he was...

Water droplets that missed his mouth completely fell back into the pool, little splashes and ripples breaking the customary sounds of passing birds, buzzing insects, and the rustling of distant trees. He caught his breath and, in regaining his composure, he caught a glimpse of her. A spritely thing with tawny fur. The corners of his mouth twitched but he did not speak, wondering if she, too, would take notice of him.

you're all here indulging your particular vices
& so I've come to indulge mine

Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: Hope you don't mind Vaken popping in too. He's just coming back from this thread

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

The young wolf was injured, but managing nevertheless. His body was speckled in small gashes, most of which were the result of Sphinx's teeth. A few were from the coyotes, but they weren’t fresh. He wasn’t in a great deal of pain, but it was making him slower. He had been dragging himself south nervously, avoiding the scent of coyote, but he was getting thirsty. Letting out a little whimper whenever he moved the wrong way, he smelt the wolves on the breeze and grimaced. Things were not working out well for him, but he didn’t have much of an option.

He stepped into the area boldly, sizing both the wolves up, and made his way to the water. He was closer to the male, but a fair distance away in fear of aggression. He was in no condition to fight, especially a wolf so large. The silence was comforting, so Vaken said nothing. He drank at the water slowly, refusing to look away from both wolves, and let out a deep grunt of acknowledgment.

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Jul 29, 2018, 07:02 AM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
Thank you both for joining.

Cheedo felt like she'd been drinking for a long text but she was also so very thirsty. She'd been traveling at a quick pace throughout the day trying to cover as much ground as possible. She knew there wasn't a huge rush to get her visits done but the tawny woman wasn't one to waste time when there was work to be done.

It seemed however she might be detained a little which she didn't mind considering she'd been joined by two males. While it made her a little nervous she also knew that the tarn could use a couple more males in it's ranks.

She lifted her head from the water looking between the two males as they finished their drink. Finally she cleared her throat and licked her lips a little nervously, “It seems we all had the same idea,” she said to break the ice.

Inactive
Rajan
Thirst quenched, Rajan's head tilted upward and he shook his head. The movement carried down towards his neck and shoulders until the whole of his wiry summer coat had been ruffled. Come winter, his coat would be full again and he would be a sight to behold. For now, however, he relied solely on his airs and graces to carry out his characteristic finesse and poise. His tail gave a low wag as he acknowledged her and then, suddenly after realizing the youth's presence, the smaller, seemingly ill boy nearer to him.

She, too, seemed nervous, but the Prince, on most occasions, was not one to take advantage of their weakness. If he had wanted to, he felt he could have taken them both, easily able to tower over their smaller physiques but now was not a time to fight. The summer sun made for easy victims in the heat, and with his darker coat, he was sure to suffer all the same if it came to aggression.

Instead, he gave a genial nod, to the woman first and then the yearling. "Are either of you familiar with the area?" it seemed a fair question, seeing as they were the first in the area he had seen. His eyes raked over the youth again before turning to the tawny female. Her eyes were bright and her coat dappled with shades of sand and desert stone, but there was not yet enough mystery to her to draw him closer. "I'm looking for a few things."

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Several coyote abandoned a half-eaten deer. But before you can take a bite they reappear.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Glancing at the male wolf with narrowed eyes, Vaken took a final sip of water and stepped back. The female, with piercing blue-green eyes, smelt like pack. The other male was harder to figure out- he looked in good condition, with handsome fur and muscle tone. The young wolf snorted, a smirk playing at the corner of his mouth. Another big wolf with a big ego, he assumed. Vaken couldn’t smell anything in the air that distinguished his social status, so the young wolf stopped trying. When he spoke though, it became clear that he was a lone wolf too. Cleary one unfamiliar with this side of the map.

The yearling sat, dropped his shoulders and quirked his head. Did he know this area well? Yes. He did. Maybe not like the back of his hand, but he was definitely familiar with the main areas of secluded springs. He had existed in this area for quite a while, more so than the rest of relic lore. He kept his mouth shut though and shrugged, as if to say not-really even though it was a lie. He didn’t feel obligated to help.

He stood again, raising his tail, and walked a few feet away from the male. He had quenched his thirst, but the smell of coyote was wafting through the breeze. He glanced at the two wolves questioningly, did they smell it? It wasn’t overwhelming, but it was definitely fresh. He pressed his lips in a straight line. “What are you looking for?”

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

They each finished their drink around the same time which gave Cheedo the opportunity to look each of the men over. Being small and a female she felt it was heat to keep a safe distance for now since they were strangers to her. The tarn second to notice of the appearance of the second wolf to appear, she guessed he'd been in a couple scrapes. She'd had her experiences with that.

The larger man spoke first asking if either of them knew the area well. Her sea foam gaze went from him to the other as he asked a question, the one that had been on the tip of her tongue actually. It was right about that time their luck ran out as the scent of coyote appeared on the air just before three of them materialized out of the forest. “It seems boys we might have to put this on hold.”

The males might have made her a little nervous but coyotes. Cheedo wasn't afraid of a few vermin that thought they were running the show. She'd had her fair share of encounters with them while living on her own. She would rather help the larger male when there wasn't a threat of coyote's imminent.

Inactive
Rajan
A subtle wrinkle and twitch of his muzzle told him that the woman might have belonged to someone (or someones), but that wasn't the most important thing he wanted to know. The boy sat where he stood but soon found his legs beneath him again. Rajan's attention was temporarily fixed on him, even as he was asked what he was looking for. The Prince opened his mouth to speak but before he could even utter a word, they were joined by the rabble. Tawny coats with grey and red saddles with sand-colored limbs made them unmistakable: Coyotes. Lowlifes. Parasites.

The woman stated the obvious, “It seems boys we might have to put this on hold.”

Rajan's muzzle creased back in deep furrows over the bridge of his snout. His posture drew forward and upward and his full tail flew up into the air. He made now sound, the flashing of his teeth his only visual warning apart from his stance. Had he been more paternal, perhaps, he might have prowled closer to the boy to protect him; as it was, he didn't. His body slightly bowed, the muscles in his limbs moving in a way that could have suggest he were made of coiled springs.

The deer corpse the coyotes had discovered on the banks of the Spring had seemingly been nothing interesting to the three wolves - that was, until now - and Rajan wanted nothing to do with it. They bone-eaters could have it all; they didn't need to be so hostile about it. The more cocky of the band pointedly yapped at him and the Royal responded with a louder, deeper bark of his own. It was inconsiderate. All the wolves had been doing was minding their own business; they weren't even concerned with the carcass. To assume they were was stepping over some invisible line that Rajan did not appreciate. He wanted them gone, and if the other two wolves were not going to help him, he was just going to make himself scarce...

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Things couldn’t ever just be quiet and simple, could they? The yearling felt his upper lip twitching in a growl, his heart beat quickening. He felt the anger swell in his throat and the pit of his stomach. He felt his entire body go rigid and tense at the approaching visitors. He wanted to just scream at them to go away, to get fucking lost, but instead he let out a throaty growl and stepped forward.

He knew he wasn’t in the best shape. He was still healing and vulnerable, but he couldn’t help but step forward and stand beside the larger male. He wanted to fight. Whether or not it was a smart thing for him to do, didn’t matter. He had already made his mind up once he stepped foot towards the coyotes that he was going to spill blood. Flashing his pearly whites towards the vermin, Vaken added a strong, throaty bark to the mix after Rajan’s.