(See All?) Announcements
648 Users Online
Google, Bing, Mouseling

[BWP] [s] a murder most foul — Hollowheart Keep 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
RE: A recent heat wave has left the forest drier than usual.

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

The dead hare swung limp in Vaken’s grasp, hanging from his mouth like a pendulum. Blood stained the black fur beneath is jaw, dripping down his throat and onto the floor. He was incredibly hungry, but the impending threat of coyotes made him quick to move and hide his kill. It wasn’t much, but it was enough that he wanted to store it security overnight. He’d eat what he wanted first, and cache the rest.

It was getting late. He was tired from his long day of travelling. His legs were sore, his body ached, and his belly was starting to grumble. Moving at night was usually the best option for the small male, since the heat took it out of him, but tonight he was more lethargic than usual. He finally stopped walking, hidden beneath a tree, and dropped the kill with a soft thud. Taking a quick bite, the young wolf slowly positioned himself in the dirt. He curled up in a ball, the meal beneath his front paws, and let himself relax. It was a cooler night, the breeze a little chillier than usual.

It was still painfully dry in the forest. The heat was sucking the life out of everything, including the lone wolf. Plants were beginning to shrivel, prey was sticking close to the water, it was horrific. Tonight felt okay for Vaken. He leaned into the breeze, closing his eyes, and let out a deep sigh of gratitude.

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Aug 14, 2018, 01:48 AM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Ace who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

Running into Blue Eyes had been surprising but – well, she hesitated to call it pleasant because that felt like she might curse the whole damn thing, but…

She wasn’t exactly solicitous to bring down more bad luck upon herself. Crow had plenty of that. And just when she’d let the thoughts drift from mind did a very familiar wolf come into view – this one without the same amiable emotions attached like ol’ Blue Eyes. Immediately, her ears laid back against her skull and her lips peeled, showing rows of white teeth.

“Well, well, well. Look who it is! Th’ fuckin’ coward!” she crowed, tail lashing behind her. The heat seemed to disappear, as did the ache in her cracked paw pads. She didn’t care, not now – not with Vaken right in front of her. The yearling who’d abandoned her to coyotes.

“I oughta whallop ya fer that!”

(This post was last modified: Jul 30, 2018, 03:26 PM by Namir. Edit Reason: borked me table. )
[Image: littlecrow_sig_by_becuffin-db81o80.png]

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The young wolf didn’t even look up when he heard the voice. He would have recognized Crow from a thousand miles away by her voice alone. His ears twitched forward instinctively, but the rest of his body remained focused on his meal. He was stiff, clearly uncomfortable with her presence, but tried to appear nonchalant. He swallowed another bite of food, licked his lips, and growled. “Would you have preferred I hung around and we both got torn to shred by those coyotes?” He huffed, pushed what remained of his kill away with his muzzle, and stood up.

He didn’t like to be called a coward. His fur began to rise and he flashed his teeth for a quick second, before looking away. Running away was a means of survival for the yearling. He couldn’t fight any threat than stumbled along his way. It still hurt to her the female speak so negatively of his actions, especially after a long day of travelling. Her threat was fairly empty, but Vaken was still annoyed. He raised his head and stepped closer. “I dare you to try,” he spat angrily.

Inactive No Rank
Little Crow
Could you update the thread title with {s} for all her swearing? :D

“Y’know what? Fuck you,” Namir spat, in no mood for the boy’s excuses, because they were just that. Excuses. She knew that, and reckoned he did, too, or he wouldn’t be so damn hostile about it. He wouldn’t challenge her to ‘do something about it’ if he didn’t know it – or if he thought her too cowardly to try it. Boy, was he baring up the wrong tree. She grinned, all tooth and dagger – might as well asked a lonely girl to a ball.

“We coulda been friends. Too bad yer a fuckin’ fool.”

She didn’t say anything else. The older wolf charged with only teeth and claws, blood and pain on her mind. Fuck him, fuck him for leaving her. Just like everyone else.

(It wasn’t about him, not really. Just the latest in a long line of abandonment – too bad he was the only one here right now.)

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: fight 1/5

Vaken was in no position to fight. The coyotes had been getting the best of him. While there weren’t any festering wounds, he was weak. He was becoming malnourished and boney. The summer heat had not been doing him any favours, and it showed on his lethargic actions. He knew better, but still when the female came at him, he held his ground foolishly. He was young, impulsive, and too headstrong to consider that fighting would cause him damage. He had a point to prove now, so he dug his nails into the ground and stayed still.

When she slammed into him, he lost his balance and was knocked directly onto his back. The pain jolted up through his spine as he hit the ground, letting out an angry yelp. It had taken the air out of his lungs and stunned him momentarily, giving his opponent time to get the upperhand. “Eat shit,” he growled, refusing to accept his fate. He knew his only skill in battle was speed. As soon as he was on the ground, he was damned.

He knew he was already defeated, but bitterness motivated him to keep going. He had no other options. He was nearly pinned to the ground, but he kicked out with back-legs in desperation hoping for a stroke of luck.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Several coyote abandoned a half-eaten deer. But before you can take a bite they reappear.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

“You wish,” she snarled back, angry enough to fully annunciate her words. It was true, evidentally, that Vaken was a shitty fighter, coyotes or no coyotes. He backpedaled wildly and she was able bounce up on her front feet, just enough not to get kicked in the face – and the wild woman snapped, biting one of his paws the wrestling pair was interrupted. In her anger, she hadn’t even noticed the half-eaten carcass. Maybe she would have avoided the whole situation.

Probably not, though.

Namir stumbled over a leg – as she regained her footing and realized that fifth limb wasn’t Vaken’s, it was almost too late. The coyotes had returned, likely encouraged by the sound of squabbling wolves, and approached with pinned ears, snarling and snapping. The loner wheeled on them, anger now directed at a much more worthy target. Her tail stood out like a bristle brush, ears pinned flat against her skull.

“Oh come on – JUST FUCK OFF ALREADY,” she screamed at the offending canines. She was so sick of them!

It was, curiously, enough to startle the coyotes to a halt – clearly, they weren’t expecting so much vitriol. When they neither moved forward nor back, she was heartened. “Yeah, y’ fuckin’ heard me, you cowardly lil’ shit stain! Y’all can FUCK. RIGHT. OFF.”

If Vaken knew what was good for him, maybe he’d participate in the yelling match, too – he’d do well with no more violence, and given his state, she rather suspected if they ran, Vaken would be the coyote bait this time.

Karma sure was a bitch.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The yearling had not been expecting company. It showed on his face when the female leapt off that he was not only confused, but startled. The smell of vermin filled his nostrils. Quickly stumbling to his feet, he watched the woman take them on. His front paw ached from her teeth, but he put his weight on it regardless and stepped forward. “Fuck,” he grumbled, stretching out his legs. They didn’t have much of a choice now.

He was still angry, but it was put on the back-burner. He couldn’t continue to stir up trouble with so much trouble being right there. He had his hands full, and certainly so did Crow. Slowly he made his way towards the yipping coyotes, fangs bared. He was lacking the energy to fight, but that meant he couldn’t run away very quickly either. He had just enough will-power to assert some dominance over the mangy creatures. If he tried to run now, they’d surely follow. “I guess they wanted part of the fun,” he hissed through clenched teeth, raising his hackles.

(This post was last modified: Aug 12, 2018, 05:11 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

Yeah, fuck is ‘bout right.

But Namir didn’t have time to say as much – shit, she really didn’t feel much like it, anyways. Sure, it was great that the loner was finally standing up to the dirty fuckers, but did she really need to beat the shit out of him to get to that point? Now they were both decidedly less than 100% on point, and the coyotes were clearly still considering their options.

So she did the only thing she could think of.

She screamed.

It was primal, the kind of wordless shout that ripped at your throat and lungs, left you feeling empty and raw, and it felt fucking good. There she was, bare-breasted and shrieking, a savage siren of the land trying to lure her foes to a horrific fate.

Whether it was the insistent screaming – or maybe just the wild-eyed expression on the wolves’ faces – the coyotes finally seemed to decide it wasn’t worth their effort, or their eardrums. The carcass was mostly picked over, after all, and they could get another one.

After another pause, they turned and trotted off, with no lack of spring in their step. “That’s right! Fuckin’ run, y’lil fuckers!” Namir grinned something all dagger and glanced at the deer’s remains. “Nice.”

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Vaken was not surprised at all when the woman began to scream. In a strange way, it made sense. The yearling was almost surprised he hadn’t heard her shriek earlier. She was like a fizzling bottle of emotion- this was just a glimpse into her mind. He did not know how to handle himself in that situation. Women.

Turning away from the deer carcass, Vaken began to move away from both Crow and the escaping coyotes. He listened to their feet scamper off, but didn’t look back at them. He was certain they weren’t coming back. Hell, Vaken wouldn’t either. “Guess that’s why they call you Crow,” he mumbled, raising his eyebrows. “Not much of a song-bird are ya?”

A mischievous grin played on his features, but he kept his head turned away from the woman. He didn’t have much left to say to her. She had helped him escape the coyotes, sure, but was the headache worth it? The scruffy youth could still hear the echo of her screams in his brain. He wasn’t sure he’d ever be able to forget.