Google, Juniper, Bing, Chan, Apollo

[BWP] I'm tense and nervous, and I can't relax — Hidden Tree 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: for @Garmir

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

Itching a spot behind his ear with his leg, Vaken wondered if he had fleas. He wasn’t exceptionally itchy, but there was a noticeable difference. Was it dry skin? The yearling growled at himself in annoyance. It better not be. He was still healing from the fight up north, dry skin was an unwanted pest on top of a bundle of other issues. He finally gave up, dropped his foot to the floor, and relaxed the muscles in his face. 

He was feeling more tense than usual. He wasn’t sure what the cause of it was. It could have been the coyotes, the stress of interacting with so many lone wolves lately, hunger, heat. He plucked himself off the ground and towards the den by the tree, sniffing along the floor for possible threats. He wasn’t going to barge around the house of someone else.

When he felt it was safe, he coziest up outside it, desperate to find some shade under the hot sun.

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Aug 02, 2018, 02:03 AM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

It had been while since Garmir last visited the old den. In a way this place was a sacred for him, considering its history and how strongly it was tied to Tainns and the pack he currently resided in. He wasn't really spiritual, could not claim to belief in higher power of any sort but still he often found himself muttering to old Tainn in a form of prayer. Garmir often thought about it - why he did it - and realized it was a form of collecting his thoughts and re-affirming his priorities more than anything else.

This was also calm place where he could stop and think for a while, something he did not often get to do being busy bee he was. Only today, someone else had decided to make himself comfortable by the den, someone Garmir already knew. It was that trespassing hero @Sahalie had risked angering Garmir for by defending him some weeks ago. Had she not been Tainn, things might have ended up worse. Oh and.. suppose he saved a pup somewhere along the way. Somehow this young man still looked like a shit.

"Well look at you. Did not make it far." -he murmured in form of greethings while approaching the den. Neither his tone or posture seemed very aggressive but he wasn't all that joyful either.

[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Ah yes, Vaken thought with his eyes narrowed. Of course he couldn’t just have a quiet, relaxing afternoon. Who better to make a surprise appearance than Garmir himself? The young wolf crinkled his face in disgust, but also to hide the small ironic smile playing at his features. There were a handful of wolves Vaken would have been less excited to see. It was almost humorous how shitty his luck was.

Offering no respect or acknowledgment, Vaken opened one eye, squinted, then let out a deep sigh of boredom and plunk his head back down on his paws. There was no hello or good to see you to greet the familiar face. Instead, Vaken was downright insolent. He was far enough away from the border that his confidence with interacting with the large male increased, so he lifted his tail and puffed out his chest momentarily to be a real spit in the face. This wolf had no power over him this far away from pack territory. “I guess not,” he scoffed, dumbing down his voice like he was talking to a child. 

In actuality, Vaken had traveled pretty far north before returning back towards pack territory. He wanted to be close to @Sahalie, wanted to make sure @Arcus was growing up well. He didn’t feel the need to explain that to Garmir, so he brushed off the comment with a twitch of his tail and snicker. “Feels good to have the option to wander though, doesn’t it?” He offered a faux smile. “Surprised you aren’t running back to home right now. Does your mom know you’re out this far?”

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

The young man sure knew how to make best of impression. He had not been particularly well mannered last time, but least he had shown proper submission back then. The contrast was quite a change - and Garmir loved it. He wasn't sure was the young man purposefully trying to act like an sore butthole or if this was his defining feature but it did not deterr the Charred Ash Draw scout the least. Rather.. he wanted to find out little more now that they could talk to one another wolf to wolf without need to worry about pack matter.

The earthen male invited himself to join Vaken even when the man obviously wanted to have nothing to do with Garmir, judging from those fases, huffing and buffing and what he could only imagine were meant to work as insults perhaps. Garmir slumped down beside him and then let out soft chuckle, a tiniest of smile appearing at the corner of his mouth. One could think he might have taken Vaken's words as a pleasantries judging from his reaction. "Why would I run? Sadly my mother is not with me at the Draw."

He took a glance at the youngster, noticing he still looked pretty bad. "Someone beat you up or are those from coyotes?" -he asked, his voice not that condesending, more curious and even perhaps sympathetic - if he possessed such emotions. From Garmir's posture and how relaxed he appeared it was obvious he did not view Vaken as much of a threat.

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The yearling was incredibly shocked by the mood shift. He wasn’t sure what he expected, but it wasn’t this. He had been preparing for hostility, some sort of fight for dominance. He had been far from pleasant, rude even, but Garmir wasn’t having it. Letting out a surprised grunt, the small boy shuffled over for the larger wolf to lay.

He realized that he wasn’t getting away that easily. Being abrasive wasn’t getting him what he had wanted, so he accepted the defeat and opened his eyes. “Oh these?” Vaken gestured at the few healing wounds along his side with his tail. “These are love bites.” He held back his own laughter, clearly finding himself pretty humorous, and dropped his tail. “Turns out not all packs are as inviting as yours.” It was true. Most of the wounds were from his adventure into pack territory. There were a few scattered scabs from Laurel and Ferrieran, a bite or two from coyotes, but the majority were from trespassing. He gave a boyish chuckle. “Think this is bad, you should see the other guy.”

(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2018, 06:16 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

The young man changed his tune rather quickly as it became apparent Garmir wasn't going to be moved by insults. The yearling was already throwing jokes which was direction for better. He looked over at Vaken's wounds as he described them and joked about them being love bites. "Kinky.." -he replied humorously in turn, even if not joining him with laughter.

It seemed Vaken had got into bit of trouble as of late. Garmir was almost certain this was partly due to his attitude. He too would have attacked him at the border previously - had Sahalie not come inbetween. Still, the earthen male did not hate Vaken or even hold any negative feelings towards him - something he hoped would be mutually so if he was going to be hanging around the pack. "I used to be like you when I was younger. But it was beaten out of me quickly." -he begin, trying to build some common ground for them.

"I hope you understand why I acted the way I did back at the border. You were stranger, at our home, with that lovely attitude of yours. We've had four pups this year so I'm not taking risks. Gladly Sahalie was there to rescue you cause I don't fight with restraint." -he explained, giving the young man gentle bump while at it. Perhaps there was a chance they could make friends, who knew.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
You realize that two coyotes have been following you.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Confusion, shock, unsureness. Vaken listened to Garmir with his eyebrows furrowed, and head on his front paws. He wasn’t sure what he thought about the strong wolf. At first, he had been a little overwhelmed with his abrasiveness and defence of pack territory. The yearling resented packs and the mentality that went along with them, something that seemed to matter greatly to Garmir. Yet, here he was, speaking honestly and it was not upsetting the young boy at all. Instead, Vaken was finding comfort in his companionship. Weird.

He listened carefully, his ears twitching when Garmir noted it had been beaten out of him. He felt a knot tangle up in his stomach and wondered if that was just a phrase, or if Garmir had seriously been hurt. He didn’t show any empathy on his face. Instead, he quickly nodded his head, his attention earned. When he continued on to discuss their first meeting, the young wolf laughed in recollection. “Sahalie is a wonderful women, I am lucky she always comes at the right time and saves me. I owe a lot to her and Kino.” His voice was oddly serious at this, but he cut his sentence off short and took a deep breath of air. He never spoke so fondly of anyone. It felt strange to him to be so vulnerable. It was the truth though.

When he exhaled, he tasted the air more and let out a deep growl in his throat. The stench of coyote was heavy in the breeze. He couldn’t see them- not yet, but they were approaching. He didn’t get up, but instead used his muzzle to nudge Garmir back.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir noticed Vaken spoke about @Sahalie in very similar manner he would speak of @Treyah . Suppose the two had more in common than what he realized. "True words.." He let out sigh when all of sudden Vaken offered him a nudge with his muzzle. Oh? Where from such gesture of affection came from? Seemed it did not take much to befriend this fella as long as one got past the initial posturing. "Isin't it nice now were are not snarling and spitting at eachother?" -He asked while holding authentic, tiniest of smiles on his face.

Garmir did notice there were coyotes nearby and he was sure Vaken did too. He could not see nor hear anything but the scent was coming from close enough it would not take long before the wolves would have company. The earthen male offered Vaken shelter again, withing the pack this time. "You look like you could use some rest. If you come with me to the Draw, I promise to act nicely this time."

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Slowly beginning to stand, the yearling lowered his head in gratitude. “That sounds good,” he admitted, eyes glancing around nervously for the coyotes. He had expected to hate Garmir with every bone in his body, but now? The tiny wolf couldn’t believe it. Not only did he not hate Garmir, but he was beginning to like him- in a strange way. Something about the blunt honesty and perseverance he had shown made Vaken lower his defences and accept the company.

Still, the small wolf had little respect for pack life. He would never understand loyalty the same way Garmir did. With the coyotes about, he didn’t have much of an option. Shaking out his fur and stretching his legs, the yearling stood. He wouldn’t mind following Garmir back to the pack. He would be happy to see little Arcus again and rest with the safety of pack living for just a night.

As if on cue, the sound of rustling interrupted his thoughts. His ears twitched back and he looked at Garmir with a hurried expression. “We best get moving now."

(This post was last modified: Aug 03, 2018, 01:13 AM by Vaken.)