(See All?) Announcements
617 Users Online
Bing, Google

I'll Love the World Like I Should — Princess' Place 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Finally able to get it out, without fear, Daesamar started to feel a bit better. He felt Lyanna brush his cheek with her chin, he could hear her quite whine and he closed his eyes. He hadn’t wanted to cause her any discomfort in turn.1 He started to feel empty though as if finally being able to tell someone and cry about it peace begin to let the pain start to heal properly.

She started to speak and he angled his ears, listening quietly as she described his mother, a fresh tear started to fall down his cheek because he knew that it was true, he knew it, but he hadn’t wanted to admit it to himself because then, then he’d be acknowledging  his mother’s death. Denying himself of the faintest, irrational hope that she had somehow lived and was out there somewhere, maybe even looking for him right now.

He had tried to give himself that hope for months, but it hadn’t worked, all it had done was cause him more pain in the end. Now, now he could see his mother’s soft companionate smile whenever he looked around. Lyanna was right, and it left him feeling just a bit lighter inside, like the world was just a shade brighter, just as it had been when he had tried to just smile about everything all the time. Living like everything was a miracle, just like his mother had told him as a child.

Slowly, he smiled, raising his head and looking directly at Lyanna, now though, there were some joyful tears mixed into the streams running down his cheek as he nodded softly. “You’re right.” he said quietly, turning up to look at the flowers around them, some of his old spark returning “Their beautiful aren't they….” he shut his mouth before another thought was given voice. just like you he had nearly said, but it wasn’t the time, nor was he sure what it even meant.

Briefly, the conversation that he had with Cheedo had returned, she had explained a lot to him about adulthood. Was he feeling it now? Love? Lyanna was one of the first wolves he had ever really been able to open up to and it looked like she might care enough...did he try...did he say it and see? He had never been one for subtlety and beating around the bush. The yearling had always preferred to just get something over with.

“Lyanna...thank you….I don’t want to ruin the moment but I think...being around you..” he fumbled a bit, already drained emotionally from the crying, he lost any tact that he did have left “I..I think I like you….a lot”
(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2018, 08:25 PM by Daesamar.)
[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Played by Allie who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

Lyanna watched as her words crossed through his mind. When the tears began to well up in his eyes, spilling over to slip down his face, it was honesty quite heartbreaking. Daesamar nodded as though to convey that he understood the meaning of what she'd aimed to convey, sniffling and perking up just a bit to point out how beautiful the flowers were.

"They certainly are," she affirmed with an encouraging smile, "-a color for every emotion." Which was exactly what she'd thought when she'd first come across the little meadow that, for her, was like air when she couldn't quite keep her head above the water. Perhaps her friend felt similarly. After a time spent admiring the pretty blossoms, he began to speak up, at first fumbling over his words. When he'd finally gotten it all out, she was certainly caught off guard - yet in the same breath her heart filled with warmth. Did he...have a crush on her? She couldn't help the lighthearted grin that spread over her face. How cute, hardly in a bad way. She hardly saw that coming.

Her eyes were as warm as the afternoon. "The only thing you could do to ruin this moment is to give up on yourself, or give up on your life and all the promise I believe it holds for you." She paused for a moment to let that sink in before calmly continuing. "...Those are sweet words, Daes. I'm honored that you feel that way for me, and I like being around you, too. You're the closest thing I have to a friend in this world right now, and I can feel the love in your heart - I can see it in your eyes." A romantic one or not. Her tail thumped a couple of slow, easy times on the dirt beneath her before curling back around her hindquarters.

"Someone told me once that you can't help who you love. I think that's true. I think it's what makes love such a pure, timeless thing..." her head tilted ever so slightly, the expression on her face thoughtful. "For what it's worth, there is love in my heart for you, too."

Lyanna was being as gentle as she could be. She wanted him to be able to tell her anything, and if he wanted to tell her her liked her "a lot," that was okay too. She wanted his friendship - maybe even needed it - but she was in no position to grow a romantic dynamic with anyone. She hoped that he would understand this, and understand that the way she liked him was different than the way he perhaps liked her. The last thing she wanted was to lose him.

With dusk beginning to fall upon the picturesque scene, she hoped that her friend would stick around to see out the night with her. Maybe they could find a quiet place to rest and entertain each other's company until morning.

[fade/end]
(This post was last modified: Aug 05, 2018, 05:08 PM by Lyanna.)