(See All?) Announcements
513 Users Online
Bing, Google, Neo, Hazelnut

[BWP] I was late but I arrived — Hot Springs 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: for @Chan, but AW (especially family from FTC)

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

Water was incredibly crucial to lone wolves during the summer. It was a motivating factor to Vaken, when deciding where he was gonna travel. He stayed desperately close to the wildwood, along lost lake, where he knew there was a steady stream, but hot water? Vaken wanted to ram himself into a tree and let the coyotes have their way. It felt like a cruel joke on him.

How did that even make sense? Why was the water more warm than the air? The yearling back-petalled and whimpered after sticking his nose into the hot fumes. It just didn’t make sense. Was there a mistake in the world? He looked both confused and enraged with the realization that the water here was a scolding temperature. He began panting more, trying to sweat out the heat, and hissed. 

“I can’t drink this,” he complained, his voice cracking a little with desperation. He was trying to keep himself relaxed, expressing his anger comically by rolling his eyes and whining. He didn’t have anyone to take it out on, expect the world.

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Aug 21, 2018, 12:03 AM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Hope its okay to toss her in this :) time for auntie and nephew to meet! :D

It was hot but something drew the dark woman to the springs. The place that had become almost as important as the lake in her life. It was a place to be calm and take a moment from life's stresses. So her large frame moved through the rocky terrain up to the hot springs. Moonshadow didnt think she would see anyone else at the strange anomaly but she heard a voice. "I cant drink this!" came ringing through the trees and the cove queen couldnt help the smirk that formed on her maw. Soon the small yearling came into sight. His lanky thin frame scattered in wound caused her heart to lurch. He was the same age as @Chan and she couldnt help the motherly concern.

Little did she know that this boy was also her blood. Her favorite brothers son, her nephew, her family. She would never know from looks alone though.

She let out a chuff to announce her presence before coming closer. Her posture was relaxed and neutral but she still carried an aire of grace and regality that she learned from no other than Namid. Her inky lips were pulled up in a warm smile "Of course not, its a hot spring" she said with a small laugh. She didnt mean it in a mocking sense, she was just trying to lighten his sour mood.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: ah yes time for everyone to meet the scruffy dirt boy

The boy jolted, caught off guard by the woman’s chuff. He had been too focused and angry at the heat to catch the warning signs of her approach. Though it wasn’t threatening, the yearling instinctively growled and took a defensive stance. He turned around to face her, his tail raised and eyes narrowed. His upper lip raised, a knee-jerk reaction to warn her away. It only took a moment for him to realize she was not challenging him, but instead offering advice.

Regardless, the bratty yearling was still bitter and unamused. He dropped his tail a little, acknowledging her friendly demeanour and stopped his throaty snarls. He didn’t turn his back to her, but glimpsed momentarily to the hot springs. “Well,” he scoffed. “How do I make it not hot?” Did he have to wait for nightfall? Was there a specific area to drink from, one untouched by the sun? The boy couldn’t wrap his head around boiling hot water. The confusion of it all made his tone sound harsher than he had intended, but he didn’t try and correct himself. Instead, he dropped a paw back in the water. Clearly in denial, it instantly scorched the pads of his feet. He yanked it out with a loud whimper, one that turned into vicious barks as he snapped his teeth at it.

It was clear that he was very little like his father. He was impolite and insolent. Normally quite smart and clever, the boy was proving more stubborn than he was intelligent in the moment. Never having experienced something so bizarre, he brushed off the women’s words. He didn’t trust her to know the real science behind it. 

He wanted to figure it out himself. Too arrogant and proud, he was sure that he himself could make the water cooler. He was too thirsty to accept it any other way.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Several coyote abandoned a half-eaten deer. But before you can take a bite they reappear.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

I am so excited for this!

It had been a while since she had met someone completely new she was taken off guard by his intense reaction. Her silver dusted fell against her skull as he turned and snarled at her. She hadn't meant to make him mad she was just trying to help. Her attempt to lighten the boy's mood failed miserably despite him relaxing some. Then he spoke and the mother couldnt help the small smile that crept onto her inky maw. "Well how do I not make it hot?"  It was that statement that reminded her of his youth and her ears perked back up. "There's no way to not make it hot. Its like that all year" she explained her tail waving slowly at her hocks. "There is somewhere else ya can drink from that isn't hot. Its the lake by my home, I can show ya if ya would like" she offered. Clearly the yearling was thirsty so why not offer some help. Whether he'd take it or not was completely in the air, but Moonshadow didnt have it in her to not try to help.

The scent of sulfur from the springs was overwhelming, masking anything else that was near by. Had she smelt them Moon would have told the boy they needed to leave. The chatter caused her ears to swivel and her mercury eyes to nervously scan their surroundings. It wasnt long before three coyotes appeared over a ridge. "We need to go" she told Vaken keeping her eyes on the smaller canines. She was in no mood to fight them with young pups to care for back home.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: I am too! It will be good for him to have some family

To say Vaken was skeptical was an understatement. Not only was he uncertain on her words about the hot springs, but her authority made him even more resistant. He was in denial about a lot, and it showed in his hardened expression. He did not like to be ordered around. Even though it was in his best interest, he instantly stepped back and narrowed his eyes. He was stubborn and selfish. Three coyotes versus two wolves? Not the greatest numbers, but Vaken would be damned before he accepted her invite so effortlessly.

Many wolves had invited him to their territory. Sahalie and Kino had been the only ones to break through his walls, mostly. Even then, the scruffy youth stayed at the border hesitantly. He did not owe the Draw anything, but his deal with Garmir was a good one. He had no loyalties, but he did have a desire to train under the strong wolf. He would appear at the territory when he was ready, or when he had news and call for him. Until then, he was free to wander and take as long as he’d like.

He glared at the coyotes with pure hatred, his upper lip returning into a strong, venomous growl. “I can take them,” he snapped, puffing his fur out to look larger than he truly was.

Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

He more than made up for her lack of wanting to fight by saying he would take them. Her own growl bubbled in her chest. It was a mixture of from the coyote's presence and the boy's uncanny stubbornness. "Ya wanna fight?" She asked moving closer to him while keeping an eye on the approaching trio of coyote's. "Ya arent gonna do it alone." Moon could be just as stubborn if not more, guess it ran in the family.

Unable to see the deer the cove woman had no idea what had gone and made them so angry. Her silver dusted tail raised easily over her back as her head lowered. She prepped herself for a fight willing to protect Vaken despite his attitude towards her. He was still a child, she would have like someone to protect her baby when he was out on his own. There was one that was larger than the other two and they weren't as thin as Moon thought they would be. Moonshadow let out a warning snarl to try and ward them away but apparently they weren't the smartest species on the food chain.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Vaken didn’t bother to give more of a warning. He jumped right into action, tacking over a coyote with all his weight. He was learning that intimidation wasn’t getting him anywhere with these creatures, he needed to get down and dirty. Even though it was wearing down on his body, it was also giving him a lot of fighting experience. He was learning how to defend himself and take on more than one enemy. While he wasn’t the most incredible fighter, he was learning quickly. For being so young, the small boy knew how to hold his own. He was small and quick and knew how to use that to advantage. He was lucky the coyotes were small too. They were even matches for him.

Vaken and the coyote hit the ground with a heavy thud. He struggled to pin it down, balancing his front paws on the vermin’s shoulders. He snarled over his face, saliva dripping down his chin. He refused to blink, staring into the coyotes fearful eyes with no remorse. He wanted to kill him. Before he could give a final blow, the creature kicked at his underbelly and struggled free.

Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Before she could even consider an escape route Vaken was flying past her right towards on of the coyotes. With that the large woman also jumped into action advancing towards the other two. Unlike the yearling the vermin canines were much smaller than Moon was and alone were hardly a match for her. Two though was another story. The cove woman hadn't taken on more than one foe at a time, but she had taken on bigger and more vicious ones than these two. She ran at the pair seemingly scaring one off while the other lunged for her. Whipping her head around Moonshadow connected with the coyote's shoulder. She snarled as she pushed the smaller canine to the ground pinning it beneath her. Next thing she knew the one that had ran off got brave and latched on to her flank. Releasing her grip on the one she tried to get the other off. A snarl tore through her throat as teeth dug into her flank. That sensation disappeared as her own teeth clamped around the small bones of the coyote's rear leg. With little effort the bones between her jaws snapped causing a high pitched yelp to fill her ears. Not being one to be cruel she let the thing go and it limped away as fast as it could with the other one. Giving one more snarl for good measure she turned to see Vaken getting kicked off the one he took on. Protectiveness filled her as another snarl made its way into the world she lunged at the coyote hoping to either scare it off or make contact.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: short and sweet (sorry) Vaken's exit. Feel free to archive after your reply (maybe start a new thread at FTC?)

Vaken scrambled to his feet, breathing heavily. What had seemed like a good idea at the time was quickly proving to be dangerous. Three against two weren’t the worst odds, but it was still harder than he had been prepared for. The coyotes weren’t accepting defeat. They were vicious. He fumbled back while Moonshadow protected him, watching the coyote she had tackled race away. They weren’t doing bad, but the yearling was getting tired. “I change my mind,” he muttered frantically. “Let’s get out of here.”

He dodged one of the menacing enemies by turning abruptly, shamefully dropping his tail. He knew the motto by heart at this point: when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. He wasn’t excited at visiting pack territory, but in the heat of the moment he was relieved to have an escape.

Vaken's exit

(This post was last modified: Aug 24, 2018, 02:37 AM by Vaken.)