Google, Bing

internal moves — Rissa's Rest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mabel Donata
For @Askan
August 5th, late morning, hot and sunny

The yearling did everything that she possibly could to avoid getting stuck with any pup-sitting duties. Which was why her plan of “training” to be a scout was absolutely perfect. It gave her the excuse to never really be around and just say she was out scouting or tracking or whatever. It didn’t always work and she would get roped back into being a productive pack member more often than she would like but Mabel supposed it was better than nothing.

Today was one of those days. She had told her parents that she was going to the Edge to get an update on the pack but mostly she just wanted to hangout with her friend. It was somewhat of a practice run for the longer trip she would be making in the next month or so when she would be sent to the Heights to see her sister Kyna. Not that she was sure she really considered the blonde wolf to be her sister since she had only met her once but, that's besides the point. The point of that was that it would be a trip sanctioned by her parents and would take her at least a week.

She had left the territory about a day before and now in the late morning she was pausing for a brief rest from the hot August sun. The glade of small white flowers reminded her of the blanket of snow that had come in the winter and she figured this was as good of a place as any to stop. If only she had known how much history this place held for her family, what had happened here. Maybe she wouldn’t have been so comfortable to lounge amongst the sweet smelling flowers.

Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
I don't care if heaven won't take me back

Askan had never really liked flowers, anything soft and cute just wasn't this thing. But even he had to admit that it was pretty out here. The glade near to the Shallows left a bitter taste in Askan's mouth, the flowers were too colourful, garish reminders of wolves he thought he could believe in. But this place wasn't quite so exuberant, the white was softer on his eyes and reminded him of clouds, as though they had flitted down from the sky.

As if anything good came from falling.

Askan was quick to realise he was no longer alone. A pale shape emerged from the forest and wandered amongst the flowers, no doubt enthralled by the pretty scene. Even with the heady scent of flowers, Askan could tell that they were from Oak Tree Bend, so he felt very little need to snap, snarl and demand why they were there. Instead, he stepped forward out of the shade and cleared his throat, as a way of announcing his presence.

"It's been a while since I've seen a Bend wolf." He stated, his words blunt but not unkind. He had no quarrel with the yearling, yet.

Oak Tree Bend was a rather reclusive pack. They kept to themselves and as such he wasn't particularly worried about their welfare. From what he could tell Aponi and her mate had everything under control, if they were having problems with the coyotes then he was sure they could handle it. As far as he was aware, they were one of the oldest packs in the Lore. They had stood the test of time and were still standing strong-ish.

The Selwyn made no move to get any closer, or encroach on her space. He remained where he stood, gaze level and expression neutral as he eyed the white blanket before them. If he'd been a pup he would have no doubt wanted to dive head first into it, but he knew better. He was mature and refined, such behaviour was beneath him. Clearly. His attention then returned to the pale yearling, a pretty-not so- little thing.

"So who are you?" He knew what she was but the rest was a mystery to the Edge Lord.

(This post was last modified: Aug 19, 2018, 02:45 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Ghost who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mabel Donata

The smell of the glade was almost overpowering as she laid there within the white dainty flowers. Her pale coat might have blended in had it not been marred with the light sable saddle that adorned her and her chocolate dark eyes. Perhaps it was the strong scent that had distracted her from noticing that she wasn’t alone, or maybe it was her young naivety and lack of experience. Not that she would admit that she was naive or inexperience. Cream coloured ears flicked back towards the sound first of paws stepping out into the soft wildflowers and then the throat being cleared.

Looking over her shoulder her eyes were met with the form of a dark wolf she didn’t recognize but his scent labelled him as one of the Edge wolves. Smirking a little at his dry words - it was a tone she was used to hearing from her mother - she retorted, ”And I’ve never seen anyone from the Edge but Sachiel.” It was the truth, but not particularly a respectful thing to say to the alpha of your friend. But, they were on neutral territory so as far as Mabel was concerned there wasn’t much he could do about it.

Holding back a snort, even she knew that was too far she wanted to chastise him for not introducing himself before interrogating her. Instead, she mentally checked herself on Sachiel’s behalf and answered the question, ”Mabel.” She could have given him more information than that, but she didn’t feel particularly giving that day. Maybe she would tell him her last name if he introduced himself properly.

[Image: mabel_by_becuffin-dbafpqz.png]
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
I don't care if heaven won't take me back

Askan snorted.

"Can't say I'm surprised, does your lot ever leave the Bend?" His words were a pointed, if not harmless jab. It meant little to him how they chose to go about their lives, but Askan couldn't help but poke fun of them for being a bunch of hermits in the woods. A reputation they hadn't even tried to shake off.

It wasn't too difficult to figure out who she was. At first it had been hard to tell, but her words and decorum made it pretty damn obvious that she was one of Aponi's. Hell, the even looked sort of similar with their pale coats and watchful eyes. That said, he wasn't going to roll out the red carpet for the yearling, just because she knew Sachiel didn't mean he'd treat her different than anyone else. Aponi had gotten used to his crass mannerisms so he figured her daughter could do the same. If not then tough shit.

"Askan." Was all the information he offered her as she strode forward, the flowers tickling his ankles as he went. He stood in the middle of the meadow, like an old tree stump, a blur of brown amongst the white. "How is the Bend?" He then asked after a prolonged silence, Askan always asked questions in these sorts of scenarios. He always wanted to know things, it was in his nature to hate being left in the dark.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]