(See All?) Announcements
608 Users Online
Bing, Google, Baidu

step on your throat just to hear you croak — Darkwater Rapids 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Open to one other. || RE: A recent heat wave has left the forest drier than usual. || Broken Clouds, 77 ° F, 25 ° C

kerberos rigel
got no soul in my body

It was too dry and the sun made things worse so he sought the shade. Thick and humid with the promise of water nearby. He looked a little rugged but truthfully, it wasn't much different than he had looked back in the Draw.

The thoughts rolled out of his mind as rushing water came into his view. It looked promising but dangerous. He wondered if he could find a more relaxed section of the rapids to dip his paws into. A full swim would be pushing his luck but surely there was no harm in just dipping his toes in.

A soft sigh escaped him - one that spoke of relief - as his toes met the damp bank of the rapids. It wasn't much but it would do for now.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Allie who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn
scout dem 1/3

Lyanna had been taking it easy for a couple of days. After the incident with the Keep wolf, she'd been under the care of the resident sort-of healer and was recovering well enough, rather reluctant to leave the security of Shallows Edge. But, she had a hard time being cooped up and it felt like such a waste to be confined when she still had things to do. So this morning she'd taken to an abbreviated patrol of the borders before choosing to leave the nest for the afternoon.

With her snout to the ground, the girl sought out a patch of bloodroot she knew to be somewhere around Darkwater Rapids here - even a small quantity would be a good addition to the store of plants within the infirmary. Eventually she'd made her way to the area she'd remembered seeing the white blossoms of the flower, bathed in the sunlight that peeked through the dense canopy of the forest not far from the river that flowed nearby, and - low and behold - there they were. Wonderful. This would make for an easy task to check from her list. But...She lifted her head, carefully, testing the muffled breeze with a flick of her tongue. Someone was nearby.

Thoughtfully, she glanced over her shoulder in the direction of the winding path that would easily take her back to the Edge in case of another misfortune. She was close enough. Feeling inclined to investigate the presence of the stranger if only out of curiosity, she decided she'd grab a small mouthful and take it with her.

Pressing through the dry foliage until the rapids came into view, Lyanna's gaze settled on the stranger with his toes in the mud of the river's bank. Dropping the flowers at her feet, she called to man in an amiable voice."...How's it feeling over there?" Starting a conversation from a distance was a safe bet. "-the water, I mean."

(This post was last modified: Aug 07, 2018, 05:33 PM by Lyanna.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
kerberos rigel

The voice was a foreign one. It was not @Tilly and it wasn't even someone from his past. This was a new voice all together. He briefly contemplated ignoring it but they spoke on and his attention was drawn to them finally.

His glanced over his shoulder with slightly narrowed eyes that soon softened upon seeing she wasn't in the best of conditions. A little rough around the edges like himself. Then his eyes went to the white flowers. A designer or a healer?

Nice, better than other places. He replied soft and calm, a tone that he hadn't managed to muster in some time. His voice came out a bit hoarse though as if to show his lack of socializing lately. I'm surprised you managed to find anything with all this heat sucking the life out of the forest. The Rigel pointed towards the flowers at her paws with his nose. What are they for? He asked with the faintest hint of genuine curiosity.

Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn
scouting dem 2/3

The narrowed-eyed look he'd given her initially caused the muscles between the blades of her shoulders to tense. When it softened and he spoke, his calm voice a little raspy at first, she was rather relieved. He went on to ask about the bunch of flowers at her feet and she glanced down at them before settling her attention on him.

"The summer hasn't been a kind one, it seems," she replied softly. There was truth in his words and she had been lucky to have found what she'd been looking for instead of a crunchy mess of dead plants instead. "Bloodroot - good for swelling and pain, and helps with wheezing and cough, as well."

It was kind of him to ask, or to at least pretend to have some interest in what she was doing toting flowers around through the woods. To be honest, it would be good for her to have some positive interaction at this point, maybe it would be good for him too? Perhaps they'd be able to keep it that way. "I'm Lyanna," she offered sweetly. "Are you from around here?" The question came from her own genuine curiosity.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
kerberos rigel

It had been sometime since he had had to be a healer but he stored the name and information in the back of his mind. Perhaps Bloodroot would be better than chewing on fir sticks to keep pain at bay. So I take it you're some kind of healer? He asked with a quirked brow, stepping just a little bit closer so he could hear her better over the flowing water. Kerberos still left a respectable distance between them more for his own sake than hers.

Lyanna she called herself in such sweet tones. What an interesting name. Kerberos. He replied back in a short introduction. No fancy titles and not even his last name followed. The Rigel kept it short like she had.

Far from here actually. You?

Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

Kerberos. Not a name she'd encountered before, but a solid as any. He moved a hair closer to a distance of his liking before informing her that wherever he was from was far away and asking the same of her.

She shifted her weight absentmindedly. "It's nice to meet you, Kerberos. I'm no healer - the one doing the healing, rather." She smiled subtly and with humility. "I'm from the north, but have settled with a pack nearby.” Given all circumstances, that was all the information she was willing to reveal of Shallow's Edge. The man seemed kind enough, but she couldn't be too careful and would most likely not let her guard down any time soon.

"What brings you to the Rapids, if it's not so much to ask?"

She had no intension of being intrusive or anything, but it seemed like an appropriate inquiry to further their conversation.

(This post was last modified: Aug 07, 2018, 07:28 PM by Lyanna.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
kerberos rigel

He smiled at her words despite the unease that settled in his gut. Was it really nice to meet him? Creatures only ever said that because they didn't know who you really were. She knew nothing of the ashes he had left in his wake and perhaps that was the only reason anyone could see meeting him as nice.

I'm not exactly a mastered healer but if you need any help I can lend a paw. I've patched myself up a few times to know a thing or two. He offered with a weak smile. Her information was valuable like the knowledge of Bloodroot and so he tucked that away too. It would be best if he could avoid pack territory for the time being. He was not yet ready to jump into pack life again. He had merely scrapped the surface of being a loner after all.

Just traveling, no fancy reason. Sorry to disappoint you if you were looking for a story. A small smirk tugged at his features.

Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

Naturally she couldn't see the unease he felt behind the smile he gave her. Being polite was just part of her nature, but between two strangers, it was impossible for him to know. Surprisingly, Kerberos offered his help then. Perhaps if she knew anything about him it would have come as more of a shock, but seeing that she didn't, Lyanna found kindness in the gesture.

"Thank you," the surprise was evident in the tone of her voice, her brows lifting thoughtfully. "I honestly don't think there's much anyone can do, though - the wound I'm nursing is superficial enough, I believe it'll heal up in no time." She lowered her head, keeping a wince at bay, to let him get a better look at the tear atop her neck.

"...A story would be a grand distraction from this miserable heat, but I'm not disappointed, Kerberos. Nothing wrong with a little travel, if you ask me."

Speaking of the heat, it would be nice to go for a little dip while she could. Gesturing toward the water, she figured it would be a good idea to ask instead of just simply closing the comfortable distance they shared. "May I?" Its not like he owned the thing, but she had a newfound respect for personal space, his to be included.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You discover a half-eaten deer carcass. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
kerberos rigel

At her question, he nodded his head and stepped away from the waters. Of course, I should get going anyway. He rolled his shoulders lightly, the twinge of pain of his old (no longer visible) injury flared ever so slightly. It was a sign for him to take it easy for a bit. Perhaps he could find something to dull the pain a bit and somewhere to hideout.

Be careful. Some of the currents look less than friendly. He warned softly, nosing back over his shoulder towards the water. It would be a shame for a kind face to get swept downstream.