Google, Bing

blessed with beauty and rage — Empress Riffle 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: For @Awinita

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

The small boy continued to chew on the bones of his last kill. The marrow was mostly sucked out now, but he continued to grind it against his teeth desperately. He wasn’t starving, but it felt good to chew something. Even though it wasn’t filling his belly, it was giving him the satisfaction of almost eating something.

He snapped one of the small rabbit bones between his canines, angrily spitting it out. The slivers of it poked his tongue, making the yearling whimper then growl. He grabbed another bone- this one belonging to the spine, and began to mindlessly gnaw. It was hot- too hot to find something else to eat. It was making him irritable and more touchy than usual. 

He didn’t want to hunt again until the sunset. The bones were going to have to keep him preoccupied for a few hours at least. Running his tongue along the side of the spinal cord he preyed the coyotes weren’t going to interrupt his snack.

I guess I must be having fun
Played by adopt who has 15 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Awinita Macieo
She had left the mountain as soon as possibly, skirting around the places that seemed occupied by other wolves. She was now nervous and anxious at the thought of social interaction. The forest seemed to provide relief for her in the form of silence and water. She occasionally dipped into the shallows of the riffle when the temperature seemed too hot. While she was no dark furred creature, the heat effected her all the same.

Awinita was rather drenched from crossing a shallow part of the water, coming out onto the land only to spot someone. Warm brown eyes seemed to widen like a deer in headlights. She nervously clenched at the damp earth below her paws as her tail seemed to hide between her legs.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

This wolf was larger than Vaken, but very similar build. In a lot of ways, she seemed smaller than him. The way she moved was skittish, frail. Her legs were long, much like his- but she moved differently. Her steps were soft, but not sneaky. Vaken watched carefully as she made her way towards him, watching the way she moved. She had a very gentle energy to her. The male returned his attention back to his pile of bones, faking disinterest.

Was she just going to stand there all day? “I’m not going to attack you,” he called out, his eyes still focused on his bones. He had no intention of attacking someone so defenceless without reason. She was clearly scared enough as it was.

(This post was last modified: Aug 06, 2018, 08:10 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You smell the remains of an elk nearby. Enjoy your feast! +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Awinita Macieo

Eight track playin' all your favorite sounds

At his words, a sigh escaped her from a breath she had unknowingly held in. Although her posture didn't change too much, still meek and careful as she dared to take a few steps closer to the brown-blonde male. The scent of elk was nearby but he seemed to be chewing on bones much too small for that. A brief expression of confusion flashed across her soft features.

"Do...do you smell that?" She asked in a voice that struggled to reach just above a whisper. If he was chewing on small bones she had to figure that the elk wasn't his but there was no one else around and no one else seemed to be claiming it, not even wildlife. Perhaps it could be theirs for the taking. Two loners could use such a bountiful prize.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Smell that? The yearling scoffed. Certainly if there was something to smell, he would have. He had been laying here all morning, minding his own buisness. There weren’t any coyotes. There wasn’t anything to smell. Bitterly taking a big inhale through his nose, the yearling glanced around in confusion. “Hmm.” He wanted to curse himself, anger bubbling in his chest. How the hell did he miss the smell of meat? 

Was it a trap? Rising to his feet, the yearling stomped towards the other female. “The coyotes must have left it. They might come back for it.” He didn’t care though, he was too hungry to play it safe. Following his nose, he tried to follow the breeze.

Inactive No Rank
Awinita Macieo

Eight track playin' all your favorite sounds

When he stomped forward, she scuttled back slightly with a nervous air. Had she insulted him or done something wrong? Her back paws crept back into the water as she watched him between anxious glances.

His words had been mildly alarming - as she wasn't one to fight with any kind of creatures - but the rumble in her stomach urged her to trail after the yearling. Cautiously, she silently shadowed after him. Her own nose twitched to try and help them pin down exactly where their meal would be located.

She offered a soft chuff as the scent grew stronger, motioning to the right. Her long legs trotted along as the picked at elk came into view. Awkwardly she hung back in order to allow the stranger to go first.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Vaken dove into the meal without an ounce of politeness. He did not beckon her to join him with his muzzle, or even thank her for letting him eat first. It wasn’t because he craved the dominance of the act. It was because he had no respect for social etiquette. He valued his own desire much more than he craved the satisfaction of manners. It was a dog eat dog world out here. If she hadn’t learned that yet, Vaken had no sympathy.

Watching her from the corner of his eyes while he filled his empty stomach, the young wolf wondered why she wasn’t eating as well. Was it fear of being hurt, or was she just genuinely that polite? Sniffing the air, he wondered if she was a pack wolf. She certainly acted like it. Scoffing, he couldn’t smell any other wolves on her pelt. What was she doing? “Are you always this passive?”

(This post was last modified: Aug 06, 2018, 08:34 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Awinita Macieo

EIGHT TRACK PLAYIN' ALL YOUR FAVORITE SOUNDS

She waited patiently and without a sound. It was obvious he was hungrier than she was and she had no intention to take away food from him. She even settled onto her rear in case he might want to take his time. The Macieo had no place to go so she was in no rush to get going.

His words caused her ears to awkwardly pull back as her gaze looked elsewhere. "Oh I, uh, suppose so." She had never really thought about what she always was. Awinita just was. She didn't think it was a bad thing to be passive. There was only so much energy one had and what was the point of wasting the energy trying to change things? Well...occasionally she did want to change things but that was typically in a nurturing way. Like nursing one back to health the best she could. Perhaps that was why she had let him feast first.

"You seemed hungrier than me, chewing on those bones. It's only fair to let you go first." That was probably the most she was going to talk this whole interaction but she felt it was needed so he understood her motives.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

“Your kindness is going to kill you,” he observed between mouthfuls of food. He was gorging, blood from the kill dripping off his chin. “Say I ate it all, then what? Say the coyotes come before I am done eating and take their kill back- what would you do?” It was a cold, dry, rhetorical question. He tore his gaze from her and continued to dig his teeth into the meaty flesh. He thought she was idiotic and dumb. 

In his mind, she was going to starve if she couldn’t learn to feed herself above others. As a lone wolf, there was no other way. He swallowed down a piece of fatty tissue, salivating over the carcass like a rabid animal. He was not offering advice because he cared much about her wellbeing, if she didn’t want to eat he wouldn’t ask her to. He wasn’t going to give her a special invite.