592 Users Online
Google, Mouseling, Bing

Neverland [s] — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn
@Sachiel | Following The Ties That Bind

Nestled on the furs that covered the den floor, Lyanna had found the rest she'd so desperately needed. Her slumber had been an empty one, as if she'd been hibernating at the bottom of the ocean where it was black and cold. Here and there she would shift without waking, with a twitch of a muscle or a flicker of an ear. It wasn't until she finally did rouse that her reality felt more like one of the dreams she could have had but never did. Her eyelids squeezed tightly together as she immediately felt the pain in her neck, exacerbated if only by being awake. Laying as still as the surface of a frozen lake, she looked idly around at the earthen walls, the collections and piles of herbs and plants, the brown color of the fur beneath her. Still here, she thought.

All in all, she was very weak, but aside from that and the pain caused by the wound on her neck - she didn't even know what it looked like - she found that she felt significantly better than she had before she'd drifted off. Felt like herself, anyway.

There wasn't any way for her to gauge how much time had passed since she'd been tucked away, but it was still dark outside. She wondered if anyone had been by while she'd been out. Lifting her head with a wince, she looked for any signs that someone had been in, but honestly she couldn't quite remember what things looked like before. Finding that she wasn't actually concerned, as she was as safe as could be, she resigned to settle back down. She might as well get all the rest she could.

(This post was last modified: Aug 15, 2018, 03:57 AM by Sachiel. Edit Reason: added in [s] tag for sachy's potty mouth <3 )
Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn
@Lyanna 1/3 healer dem

Fortunately for Lyanna (and Sachiel) the boy had impeccable memory and was able to recall the (few) herbs his father had told him about. He knew enough to earn the nickname Plant Boy from his peppered, pumpkin-eyed friend. Enough to aid the pack when their current healer, Pietro, was busy doing whatever it was that he did.

White fir was his go-to, as it was most abundant around the shallows and the one he was most familiar with, along with a poultice made from goldenrod to help treat the wounds and pineapple weed to combat infection. He did not know how serious the female’s wounds were but he had gathered enough information from @Askan before arriving at the mouth of the den. He slipped inside, a large leaf carrying his bounty as his gangly frame hugged the edge of the den in order to give her space. Well, shit, he sighed as he placed the bundle of herbs along the ground, a deep frown cutting across his handsome features. I’d hate t’see the other guy. He wasn’t good at jokes. Or relieving tension. Hopefully she didn’t bite his ear(s) off for his lacklustre humour. Brought some plants for you. If y’wanna know what they are I’ll tell you, but I promise they’ll help. He shrugged as he pushed the leaf bundle toward the bloodstained female. They don't taste very good so there’s a chunk of rabbit in there for you too. Another shrug came as he settled onto his hindquarters, his mismatched eyes hovering over her battered figure.

He wasn’t good at this doctor shit. That was his dad—his birth dad.

(This post was last modified: Aug 22, 2018, 04:29 AM by Sachiel.)
ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others

Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

Soon enough the sound of rustling just outside woke her. With a groan she shifted, her tired eyes fluttering open to take in the sight of him as he placed his bundle of wonder drugs on the floor and looked her over from across the room. "Well, shit," didn't sound like a positive thought on her prognosis, but "I'd hate to see the other guy," brought a subtle smile to her face.

Lyanna lifted her head with a wince, eyeing over the concoction and the hunk of rabbit meat he'd so neatly tucked atop the leaf. How thoughtful it was that he'd added some meat to make it more palatable. She didn't really care what it tasted like if it would help her to feel even the least bit better, but appreciated the gesture anyway. After the rest she'd managed, it was really only her neck that was painful, thankfully. "Unfortunately, I don't think I managed to rough him up as well as I'd hoped for," she offered her young pack mate with an ah, oh well sort of grin. "Thank you."

She took a moment to get a better look at him, his gangly, leggy form, the pretty shades of his dark fur, and the two mismatched eyes that were bright and intelligent. Perhaps he would enjoy telling her about the plants he'd chosen and what they were for - as young as he was, it was possible that he perhaps hadn't managed to practice his craft with many patients. Or, maybe he wouldn't really care. Who knew. But maybe it would be a good way to break the ice. Leaning over to grasp the leaf in her teeth and slide it closer, she checked its contents out. "So, what have we got here?"

It didn't smell awful, but she nosed it around a little before digging right in, saving the rabbit for last to wash down the rest of it.

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn
@Lyanna 2/3 healer dem

He did not know anything about the tawny female, but that was his own fault. He hadn’t been Mr. Sociable since the coyotes arrived in the Lore. It didn’t make sense, considering the tawny boy had been holed up in the shallows since the arrival of the coyotes, but he did his best to avoid interactions with his packmates. Even if he was supposed to be bonding and getting to know them. Part of him was a little peeved that Mudpie had not made an appearance at the borders like she had promised, but he also wasn’t surprised. Sachiel didn’t put a lot of trust in those he didn’t know. She was probably on the other side of the mountain by nose—if she had not yet already fled the Lore. Maybe she had found her aunt. Maybe she had gotten bored. He didn’t care. Not anymore.

The yearling shrugged softly at her response and offered her a small lop-sided smile. He hoped that she had at least gotten a few scratches, or bites, in to justify her own injuries. It made his blood boil thinking that another wolf—a pack wolf—had attacked one of the Edgy crew. Even if he didn’t know her very well they were still packmates. Shallows Edge was his family; he would do anything for them.

So, what have we got here?

He stiffened at her question; the corners of his mouth drooping softly. Small talk—she wanted small talk. He swallowed. Okay. He could do that. Uh, he started, lamely, his mismatched gaze falling to the bundle of herbs between them, that one is white fir bark. It’ll help with the healing process. He motioned next to the poultice: That’s made from goldenrod. It helps with the healin’ as well. His father had given him similar explanations when he was younger. The Leigh men weren’t very good with words. An’ that’s pineapple weed. It’ll fight off any infection. That one doesn’t taste too bad.

x

Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

@Sachiel offered her a lopsided smile when she'd mentioned she'd come out worse for wear than the other guy. It was a charming one that seemed to suit him, and she found it sort of reassuring. But then she noticed the way that he'd tensed at her question. The boy had mentioned that he'd tell her about what all he'd brought to treat her, but she supposed that didn't necessarily mean that he'd wanted to. Quite honestly, she didn't want to make him uncomfortable or make their first meeting anything but a positive one. They were pack mates, family even, for all intents and purposes, and for the foreseeable future that wasn't going to change; so she wanted to make the process of breaking the ice as pleasant as possible, hoping that her question wouldn't have a lasting effect on their budding dynamic.

Whether he'd truly minded or not, he explained his concoction without hesitation. She listened with an ear perked toward him as he spoke, her snout roving around in the medicine as she proceeded to gobble it down. Part of it was a bit foul, but the rabbit meat easily took the edge off.

Polishing it off with a final gulp, she thought introducing herself could help ease the unfamiliarity between them. "Not bad at all," she commented, giving him a lopsided grin of her own. "I'm Lyanna." She was confident that he most likely knew that already, having been approached by Askan about the matter, but it wouldn't do to assume.

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn
@Lyanna 3/3 healer dem

He slumped against the wall of the den, his mismatched gaze fixated on the bloodied wolf as she digested his words (and plants). His nose had wrinkled softly, only because he knew how bitter the herbs tasted, but his lips remained pinched tight after the plethora of words that had escaped him. He hoped, for both of their sakes, that she wouldn’t spit the plants back out. Mostly because he didn’t want to see that—not because she needed them and they wouldn’t work if she threw them up. She wouldn’t be of any use to Askan and the rest of the Edgy wolves if she succumbed to her wounds. They were minor but they were at risk for infection, and Sachiel did not want to be responsible if she didn’t heal.

His tail thumped once—twice—against the ground as she mirrored his smile with one of her own. Lyanna. He committed her name, and face, to memory. Bright, sunflower yellow. There wasn’t anything orange or crimson about her. Sachiel, he introduced, his head tipping to the side—his signature move. So, what happened? Now he was being nosey. He figured he might as well know what happened to his patient.  

x

Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

"Pleased to meet you, Sachiel," she replied softly.

She eyed the now empty leaf as the boy settled against the wall. The stuff left a bit of a taste in her mouth, but all in all it wasn't too bad. Hopefully it wouldn't upset her stomach. As could be expected, he went ahead and asked about what had happened to land her here in this position. There wouldn't be any harm in sharing, if anything her ego would would be a bit more deflated.

"...Well...I headed north to try and locate a herd of something suitable for the pack to hunt. Looking back now, I guess I should have gone in a different direction, what with the issues the Surge had been having with the new pack. Vigil's Keep, they call themselves. At any rate, I'd been tracking the caribou through Kingsfall headed east when I ran across him - a boy, probably around your age. He said that Kingsfall was their hunting ground, rather pointedly, so I made the point that the territory was large, implying that there was room enough for everyone, seeing as it's neutral ground. But. He didn't like that. I don't remember what else was said between us, it all happened pretty quickly. He lunged and when I tried to defend myself he got the better of me. Nearly smothered me in the mud we were standing in. When I could, I ran."

Lyanna must have looked as deflated as she felt in that moment, hoping her pack mate wouldn't judge her for coming out with the short end of the stick. "I guess the attack wasn't as bad as the journey home, I suppose if anything would have killed me it would have been that. I actually can't believe I made it all the way." Her words faded off toward the end as she realized how fortunate she'd been. The girl swallowed down whatever pride she had left, looking down at her paws for a moment before casting her gaze back to Sachiel with a what do you do sort of resigned grin.

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn
@Lyanna S FOR SWEARS :-)

He listened intently to her story, his mismatched gaze never once wavering from her golden gaze. She explained she had gone north in search of a caribou herd and stumbled upon the woods of Kingsfall. Neutral ground—even Sachiel knew that. The wolves of the river had claimed the western shores of the lake and the mountain forest as their hunting grounds, but the Kingswood… it had been free to both the Surge and the Edgy Crew, as per their alliance. Sachiel did not have much experience with the leaders of Driftwood himself but he knew they were close with his dads and that the river wolves were their strongest allies. Which made the news about this new pack even more alarming. Especially when they were claiming neutral ground as their own. His nose wrinkled in frustration as his tongue pressed to the roof of his mouth. What pissed him off the most was that this V-whatever Keep wolf tried to smother her in mud aka basically tried to kill her. This wasn’t just a dispute over hunting ground—it had been far more violent than it needed to be. Fuckin’ shit, he muttered mostly under his breath as his tail flicked in irritation behind him. Sorry, but what the fuck. He’d recently taken up the art of cursing (a side effect of hanging out with the Edge Lords) and wasn’t very good at being subtle about it. Not like them. What are Askan ’n Reyes doin’ about it? This attack wouldn’t go unpunished—not by the Edge Lords.

x

Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn
All the swears <333 @Sachiel

To her surprise and complete delight, the words that actually came out of the yearling's mouth were much different than what she'd expected, perhaps. The boy swore like a sailor, and she liked it - a lot. It dawned on her then that Askan's (and probably Reyes, too) potty mouth might actually be contagious. And at the rate everyone was going around here, the leaves wouldn't even be falling from the trees before she would be potty-mouthing it up, too. Of course, that wouldn't be very lady-like, and she was, after all, quite a lady. But, alas, she couldn't help but to feel inclined to dive right in, be naughty for once in her life.

"Fuckin' shit is right. What in the actual fuck?" Ahhh, it felt so unnatural but entirely freeing and quite satisfying. Hopefully Askan wouldn't overhear her. Her humble smile widened as she eyed Sachiel, trying not to laugh. She had to glance down at her paws for a second to maintain her composure before gazing back over at him and continuing on. "I don't know what they're going to do about it, but I do know that Askan is not the least bit pleased. He was already on edge with the Keep wolves, on account of them crossing Driftwood Surge. After this...who's to say?"

Askan had mentioned pulling some teeth out, but she opted to keep that bit to herself for now. Lyanna was sure Askan wouldn't let it fly, he'd promised. But as to what consequences were going to befall the pack who'd crossed both of their closest neighbors - neighbors who happened to be as tight as alliances came - she could only imagine.

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn
@Lyanna moar swars, bad boi sachy

It took everything in him not to snort-laugh in response to the girl’s cursing. Instead he opted for a wide, cheesy grin as his tail thumped softly against the ground. She wasn’t so bad. More delicate than the rest of the Edgy Crew but not in a bad way. It was a good balance to the heathens that resided along the shallows. But she had proved that she was a force to be reckoned with. She might not have won her fight but she had made it back alive.

Well, fuck ‘em, he muttered back in response as his youthful grin turned into a sour scowl. Doesn’t seem like this new pack is keen on making friends. The grin was back, only this time it was crooked and paired with a raised brow. Ain’t Driftwood is bro-buddies with Askan ’n Reyes? They won’t be happy to hear about this either. These Keep wolves weren’t going to last long if they continued to make enemies with the wrong wolves. Fuckin’ idiots. He laughed as he slumped against the wall of the den, his mismatched eyes rolling softly.

x