(See All?) Announcements
688 Users Online
Bing, Miriam, Google

I count my gain in blood and pain — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: specifically for @Shrike but all the carrion crew are welcome @Procyon @Anakh @Pilea @Arial @Borya

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

The scruffy youth was an ambitious, reckless kind of wolf. He had a lot of learning to do, but refused to accept words of advice and wisdom. He was stubborn and independent, even when it hurt him. Staying at the Draw had done him a lot of good, but he had never liked it. Even with the invites and acceptance, it made him bitter having to rest within pack territory. He had few commitments to Garmir he intended on upholding- eventually. For now though, the yearling was stuck with this pack while the coyotes lurked about.

It sucked. He didn’t like to spend more time than necessary inside pack borders. It didn’t feel right to him. He didn’t want to owe anybody, and that’s exactly what it felt was going to happen. It felt like a sneaky way to say you owe me. He was going to rest here, and then wake up one morning and be expected to pupsit, or pick herbs, or guard the border. He didn’t like that. He didn’t want to follow the authority of anyone- especially if it wasn’t rewarding him. He wanted to be the most dominant wolf, the leader, but he was young and inexperienced and scared by responsibility.

This morning, the rambunctious boy decided to wander about. He left the pack early in the morning and walked until he needed a rest. He mostly travelled about in circles, too wary to go far incase the vermin decided to show up. He needed safety more than he needed freedom. It felt good to stretch his legs though, to move, even if he wasn’t really going anywhere. Eventually, the yearling collapsed peacefully along the waterline.

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Aug 22, 2018, 08:17 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Alice who has 29 posts.
Inactive
Shrike
Shrike isn't as wordy as my other muses, so his responses will be a lil shorter

Like any good predator, Shrike was always on the lookout for easy pickings. Be it for food or for fun, Shrike wasn't the sort to miss out on an opportunity- a chance to finally amuse himself. Even if only for a little while. A scraggly looking mutt seemed like the perfect candidate, so without a second though he thundered his way over, as though he owed the lake and all of it's shoreline.  

"You're not dying are you?" He asked, not terribly concerned. What a shame it would be if he needed help, though he supposed he might offer a lending paw, if the price was right...

Shrike wasn't as cruel as some might claim, he didn't want to kill everyone he met. Sometimes folk were useful, perhaps he could find a purpose for this beast.

[Image: carrion_crew_sig_by_becuffin-dcah2jc.png]
All members of the Carrion Crew are welcome to join Shrike's threads at any time.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: that's totally okay! I'm in the mood for short and sweet

“Not yet,” the boy muttered, his eyes still focused on the water. His voice was hollow and dry, emotionless. It was clear he didn’t really mean them, he wasn’t ill enough to actually be dying. Sure, he was a little hungry- but not sickly.

He showed no interest in the other wolf right away, barely glancing over him. He tried to not show it, but he was on edge at the new guest. He was in no mood for visitors. All new wolves were a possible threat, and one of this size? The yearling sighed and slowly rose to his feet. He felt too vulnerable to be rolling around in the ground when a wolf nearly double his size loomed over. “Think I still have a few good years left in me.”

Inactive
Shrike

Shrike wasn't at all bothered by the lack of conviction or the apathy in the stranger's voice. If anything, it piqued his interest. Shrike had plenty to give, if the boy was truly empty then Shrike could make him whole. In his own, twisted way. The loner-he was clearly just that, all skinny and ragged- then went onto claim that he still had life in him yet. At least he wasn't totally pathetic, that he hadn't just laid down to die.

"And what do you intend to do between now and then?" Shrike planted his rump on the ground, as though he was the burnt out husk of an old oak tree. "Aside from laying around that is."He gestured with a lazy flick of his front paw.

All members of the Carrion Crew are welcome to join Shrike's threads at any time.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: I am so sorry he is such a naughty boy

The scruffy boy raised his gaze to the other wolf with a mix of shock and annoyance. What an intrusive question for a stranger to ask. He knew nothing of this wolf, not even his name. As casual as the question was, it seemed complex in a way the yearling actively avoided. He didn’t know what he wanted from the world, what he wanted to achieve. His brother had always been the leader, not him. He didn’t want responsibilities and to be tied down. He didn’t want a mate, or pups, or a pack. He scoffed.

“I intend to mind my own business,” he offered, shrugging his shoulders. His voice and body language were not aggressive, but there was a sharpness to his tone of a rebellious teenager. “I think that’s a good place to start.”

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young fawn has gotten separated from its herd. Hunt Opportunity, +8 Health
Inactive
Shrike

"Boring." Shrike was quick to cut down his words. Staying in your own lane could only get you so far in life..."Where's the fun in that?"

Shrike knew a hint when he'd heard one, but he'd never been the sort to respect other's boundaries. If anything, they were there to be broken, stepped over and breached like the walls of mighty fort. Shrike was all about the conquest and the riches that came with it. Speaking of... Shrike's eyes wandered to the water edge, a few hundred feet from where they were was a little fawn, head bowed down as it quenched it's thirst.  This was too easy.

"If you spend all your time keeping your nose out of other's business what will you have, in the end?" In Shrike's mind, the mutt would die just as scraggly as he was now. Pathetic. "Sometimes it's worth shoving your way in, taking what you need."

With a flick of his snout he pointed out the fawn.

"The pack that owns this lake, I'm sure they'd like to think that little thing is theirs too."

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: demonstrating hunt 1/3 (if you want)
EDIT: good idea demonstrating instead too

The yearling followed the black wolf’s gaze with his own, noticing the deer. He reflected on his words, but kept his face expressionless. He was hungry. He was so hungry that the abrasiveness of Shrike’s character was quickly overlooked. “It’s not behind pack borders,” he mumbled. “They have pups to feed, but they’re doing fine.”

The words fumbled out of his mouth without a second thought. They didn’t mean anything to him. He wasn’t trying to justify their selfishness. Hell, if Moonshadow was around the boy would offer her a hearty chunk of meat- but he wasn’t going to call for her. It was luck of the draw. He licked his lips and kept his voice quiet, observing the small fawn wistfully. “You’re a big dude,” Vaken stated boldly, his eyes still focused on the prey. He slowly began to lower his body to the ground and crawl to the left a few feet, putting himself more downwind. 

“Think if I drive it towards you, you can cut it off and bring it down?”

(This post was last modified: Aug 25, 2018, 07:53 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive
Shrike
Yassss. hunting dem 1/3

Shrike supposed that was true, but pack wolves never saw it that way. Though they hadn't claimed this land as their own, he knew for a fact that they would see it as part of their hunting grounds. Whether they were doing fine or not didn't matter, what was theirs was theirs. Or so they'd like to think and act. Which was exactly why Shrike wanted to prove them wrong, nothing or no one was safe. He would take what he wanted, whenever he wanted.

The mention of pups made his ears flick forward, but his reaction was subtle, quiet. Shrike was no evil villain that laughed manically, or monologued his schemes aloud. No one would see him coming before it was too late. The black beast pursed his lips as he considered his offer. Shrike was certainly in a better shape that this loner was, after all he had his crew at his beck and call. But perhaps...he could twist this to his benefit. Food aside, there was more Shrike wanted, maybe he could use this mutt after all.

"Fine. But you owe me." His words left very little wriggle room. Shrike did nothing for free.Food was the best bargaining tool around, he would get what he wanted one way or another.

Side stepping into position, Shrike waited. His tongue swiped at his lips, already anticipating the taste of blood.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: hunting demonstration 2/3

“Yeah, sure, whatever,” Vaken agreed dismissively, mumbling underneath his breath. He barely even heard the other wolf. He was too focused now on the hunt. Had he been a little more aware, he would have cancelled the plan. He didn’t like to be obligated to anyone, for any reason. He just wanted to eat, and this was a good meal, but owning someone a favour? The yearling wasn’t going to live up to his side of the deal, not unless it favoured him. Sure- this wolf was larger than him, probably more experienced, but the yearling was reckless and insolent. His words meant nothing. He agreed just as quickly as he wagged his tail.

He slowly crouched along the side of the water, sneaking up behind the fawn with gentle steps. Every so often, he would pause and wait before moving himself forward. He wanted to make sure he didn’t scare the creature off prematurely- not like what had happened with Ferreiran. This plan was foolproof. The yearling would nip at the young prey’s heels and herd him straight towards Shrike. He had to be patient first though.

He kept his gaze trained on the drinking fawn, making sure to keep himself low to the ground. He didn’t blend in well, so he took extra precautions to stay hidden. He lifted his gaze away from the prey momentarily, checking Shrike. He wanted to make sure they were both in perfect positions.

(This post was last modified: Aug 25, 2018, 08:16 PM by Vaken.)