Google, Nash, Finley, Chan, Oleander, Bing

[bwp] I've done some things that I shouldn't have done — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: for @Ferreiranbut AW

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

The boy wasn’t incredibly lonely, but he was bored. He was the restless type, constantly needing to move and explore. He craved the excitement and adventure. Holding it all in was driving him mad. He wanted to fight somebody, he wanted to run around and lose himself in the woods. Sure, he could call for Moonshadow or somebody in the pack, but he craved a different type of company. He missed the lone wolves of his travels. He wasn't sure where some of them were, but one of them had to be around, surely? He sighed, disappointment plaguing his mood. He wasn’t so sure of anything.

The boy was spending a bit of time at Fallen Tree Cove, healing from the recent coyote incident, but he still wanted freedom and excitement. He missed Ferreiran, even Crow and Laurel. He missed the chaos. Sulking around the pack borders, the yearling eventually drifted farther out until the stench of pack was gone in the breeze. Then, with little regard for the attention it might draw, he lifted his muzzle into the air and let out a high-pitched, lonely cry.

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Aug 29, 2018, 03:52 AM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran's head turned immediately to stare in the direction of the wail. Part of him hoped it was food, but it was a wolf noise. He slowly crept through the grass until he spotted another wolf. A wolf he knew. He rushed to the patchy wolf's side. "What's wrong?" he asked. He glanced over his friend worriedly. He had his fair share of scratches, but he didn't seem to be in immediate danger. So why was he crying into the forest for all to hear?

Some of the confusion came from the fact that the dark male was simply incapable of understanding loneliness. In his eyes, solitude was preferable to the company of others. He often thought to himself, Imagine having to live surrounded by other wolves your whole life, or wondered, Why do so many wolves live in packs?, or something like it.  
Have you read my player preferences?
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer carcass being picked over by three coyotes. They spot you and become territorial of their kill.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: feel free to acknowledge the coyotes in your next post, or wait for mine

The yearling had hoped for Ferreiran, but he wasn’t expecting it. When the familiar black wolf appeared through the camouflage of grass, the boy gave a happy chirp and wagged his tail. What were the chances? It had been more than he had asked for. “I missed you,” he said smugly, standing up to greet his friend with a lick to the chin. His eyes glistened with pleasure, a large grin taking over his face. He looked his age in the moment, very pup-like and genuine.

He rarely was the physically affectionate type, but it was well deserved in the moment. “I’m staying with the pack here for a bit, and it’s boring.”

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran smiled warmly at the other male as he felt his tongue against his chin. He dipped his head in return, before saying, "You're in a pack?"

The last time the friends had met was as lone wolves. If he had joined a pack, then it was no big deal. It was bound to happen sometime. But... He wasn't sure if pack wolves could even be friends with outside wolves. I would be alone, he thought, and for once he didn't want it. He had begun to like Vaken's company, and, though he would've scoffed at it before, his heart would ache to say goodbye for good.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Join a pack? The yearling couldn’t keep himself from laughing. Hysteric giggles bumped up in his throat, bewildered at the idea. Him- join a pack? No way. He couldn’t wrap his head around it. Sure, he was staying on the other side of the border a bit. He had done it at the Draw, and he was gonna do it here while he healed, but he was promising no loyalties. He never did. It was best for everyone for now if he stayed a loner.

He finally calmed himself down from cackling, clearing his throat and composing himself. He sighed dramatically, shaking his head. “Oh no,” he corrected, the smile reaching his eyes. “I’m just visiting. I have family here- but I’m not staying.” Not for long, at least. In-between speaking, the boy perked his ears, listening to the rustling of leaves.

Coyotes. They weren’t close, but they were coming.

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran heard the coyotes at the same time as Vaken. His head turned, and his heart jumped to a faster tempo. Even more so when as one of the beasts leapt forward to snap at his leg. It missed, but the message was clear. Get lost. The other two walked up, snarling aggressively. The scent of meat filled the air. The yearling displayed his fangs, shining white against black lips. He didn't expect the pack to just run away. They were obviously guarding a carcass, and, as a lone wolf, he knew how important that could be. But he wasn't going to back down either. As small as he and Vaken were, they were still bigger than coyotes. They might win this fight if they needed to. He didn't want to, but they could win. Intimidation was the key.

Ferreiran had come a long way in just a few short weeks. He wasn't scared. Or well, he was, but not so much that he couldn't do anything about it.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The petite boy was quick on his feet. When the coyotes arrived, he was prepared. He quickly stepped back, avoiding the attack of one. It gnawed the air menacingly, threatening the two wolves to keep away. Between Ferreiran and Vaken, they didn’t stand much of a chance. Not if they wanted to get away without any injuries. If they fought- they might scare away the creatures, but it wouldn’t be easy or without liabilities. The small boy sighed comically, he couldn’t believe his luck.

They had a few options. “Fight through them,” Vaken ordered, exposing his teeth. “If we head towards pack borders, they won’t follow." He had no intention of bringing Ferreiran to the pack. Hell, Vaken had no intention of heading to the pack himself, but the smell would ward them off and the two loners could escape to a different area.

(This post was last modified: Aug 29, 2018, 09:26 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran nodded, face serious. He silently prepared himself to run, barely breathing. If Vaken thought this was a good plan, then he would trust the other male's judgement. He didn't have the patience for an argument right then anyway. Arguments were always odd when you hardly participated in them.

Leaves rustled in the wind. The dark wolf began to count down. "Five, four, three, two," he said, eyes narrowed with anticipation. "One!"

He leapt, hoping that Vaken would do the same. His teeth landed on the coyote's flesh, cutting through fur and leaving a bare spot, though he barely gave a scratch. He dodged a slash. But another coyote came up behind him and yanked his black tail.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: feel free to archive the thread after your reply/Ferreiran's exit and I'll set up a new one

Vaken snarled, his teeth reaching out to grab a coyote by the side. It tore away before he could sink his fangs in deep, leaving him with a mouthful of fur. He spat, clearly disgusted, trying to avoid the snarling mangy vermin. He navigated around them, Ferreiran taking the brunt of aggression. He seemed to attract them. The coyotes were barreling at him left right and center. The small yearling quietly crept past, quick on his feet. Once he was a few steps away, he gestured at Ferreiran, letting out a sharp bark.

Then he sprinted. He didn’t give any other vocalization of his take off, just expected the other wolf to follow.

Vaken's Exit

(This post was last modified: Aug 30, 2018, 08:23 PM by Vaken.)