691 Users Online
Bing, Google, Moonshadow, Sophrosnia

come now, watch the sundown — Clearwater Tarn 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Wolfsong who has 29 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nymphnora Stallion
For the biggest boy of CW, @Daesamar! At Sunset
The creamy girl watched as the sky began its nightly ritual. The sky turned orange with pink clouds obscuring half of the setting sun. A crisp wind sliced through her fur, and she was at peace. A feeling that there was something- or someone -missing still nagged at the back of her mind. She didn't even have to search before the problem showed itself. Her father. He had watched the sunset with Nym every night for as long as she could remember. Tears brimmed in her eyes, but didn't fall, denying her even the small closure of a good cry. She blinked a few times.

Then Nymphnora heard footsteps coming up behind her. They sounded like the wolf was trying to be quiet, but too big to really succeed. Despite her grief, she smiled. She already knew who it was. 50 50 shot anyway, but hey. The girl turned to see a familiar black and white wolf.
Nymphnora is currently traveling with Daesamar, and he can join any of her threads!

Have you read my player preferences?
Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Things weren’t looking too good for the pack, winter was upon them and their numbers continued to dwindle down. The silver eyed yearling still looked up at the darkening sky in awe though, he kept telling himself that things would get better, now even the optimist was starting to doubt himself. Could they survive with their scant numbers? Hunting was both easier and harder now. The fewer numbers meant that they didn’t need to hunt as much, but it also left them with fewer bodies to hunt with. Between him and @Cheedo they’d never be able to take down anything big. He sighed softly and pushed those thoughts away for now. He had caught the scent of their newest member while wandering around, hunting for a good place to sit.

Daesamar was worried about the pup, her situation shook him to the core and reminded him of himself, out in this frigid cold just last year, all alone and near her age. It was something he couldn’t let someone else deal with if he had the option. Following her trail, he eventually saw her creamy back and a grin formed on his muzzle. He crouched down as low as he could and became a large black and grey shadow. He crept forward with exaggerated care, occasionally thumping one of his heavy paws against the ground.

He came closer and closer, he caught her ear flicking and she turned to look at him. He raised his eyebrows and left his mouth hanging open wide in surprise. She had caught him! “Er…..” he said, pausing only a few feet away from her and raising himself back up to his full height. “I see nothing will be able to surprise you.” He said with a soft smile, his tail wagging as he moved to stand beside her. He looked up at the sky for a moment before settling down on his haunches and turning his attention fully onto his packmate. He looked her over and frowned when he saw the tears that threatened her eyes. “it’s alright.” he murmured softly before nudging her cheek with his nose. “I don’t know what they're there for, but let them fall, it’ll help, especially when you're with friends.”
(This post was last modified: Nov 20, 2018, 07:36 AM by Daesamar.)
[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Inactive No Rank
Nymphnora Stallion
Daesamar was so comforting. He never acted like he didn't have time for soothing her, even though he almost definitely didn't. The small pack didn't have many hunters to feed its bellies with. A strong boy like him would be useful in all packs, but he was invaluable in this one.

As he asked her what was wrong, she stared at her paws, and asked,"When did you leave your parents?" He looked nothing like Cheedo, so he couldn't be related to her. Of course, it was possible that he'd left his parents without any tragedy. But he was too young to have left to make his own pack.
Nymphnora is currently traveling with Daesamar, and he can join any of her threads!

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The question caught Daesamar off guard,she was so direct with it and he could see now that it had something to do with what was bothering her. He closed his eyes for a moment scooting closer until their sides were touching than he curled up around her and looking toward the sky. He felt sick for a moment at the memories of leaving. It hadn’t been peaceful at all for him, on occasion he could still hear the howls and screams.

“I was around your age.” He said quietly, looking back at the younger wolf, he leaned in and rested his head on top of her head before continuing “I was the last survivor of an attack on my birth pack, I ran away while my mother and father fought...It’s hard to think about Nymph, it really is, but having others to talk to, it’s what helps.” Pausing for a moment, he swallowed. “Being out there alone...cold and hungry, it’s hard, it was hard, but now we’re a pack, as small as we are, we’re all like family here.”
(This post was last modified: Nov 20, 2018, 01:27 PM by Daesamar.)
Inactive No Rank
Nymphnora Stallion
Nymphnora listened as Daesamar told his tale. Tears fell from her eyes, and dripped onto the ground as he spoke. A quiet sob escaped her lips. At the same time though, she was relieved. He understood her. He knew what it was like.

She wanted to tell him. He was her savior, and he deserved to know her story after sharing his own so readily. "One day..." her voice halted. Was she really doing this? She steeled herself, and continued,"It seemed fine, you know, just a normal day. But then I saw my parents They were foaming at the mouth and then... and then..." Her tears overwhelmed her. "I can't, Daes, I can't!" she sobbed.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
It hurt the young wolf, it hurt him far more than it let it show, but seeing this pup next to him, crying like this, it tore at his heart. He wished he could just take the pain from her and bear it himself, but he couldn’t. A tear hit his paw and he scooted closer, enveloping the smaller wolf within his thick fur. He said nothing at first, letting her tears fall, it’d be good for her to get it all out now.

A quiet whimper escaped the yearling when she confessed that she couldn’t do it. He leaned in and licked her tear stained cheek before murmuring “Just let it out, if you’re ready to speak I’m here if not, I’m still here for you.” He closed his eyes for a moment before looking up at the sky. “I know what you’re going through, talking about it before your ready won’t help, let’s just enjoy the night together, where it’s safe.” He wasn’t sure what else he could say or do. He wanted to cry himself, he wished someone had been there for him when he had first gone through losing his won parents. No one had been through, almost everyone he knew had trickled out of his life like an ebbing creek. In the silence, he resolved not to let that happen to Nymphnora. There was still so much she had that she could live for, and so much to enjoy in her life.
(This post was last modified: Nov 21, 2018, 12:35 PM by Daesamar.)
Inactive No Rank
Nymphnora Stallion
Nymphnora, tears streaming down her face, nodded in agreement. "Thank you," she murmured. She believed strongly that she couldn't have found a better pack. Even with the issues the small family carried and the constant threat of them falling apart and her being left alone, she was put at ease by the way they clung fiercely together to the end. They truly were a family.

The stars were beautiful above them, twinkling kindly, and she found herself feeling hope beat in her heart for the first time in months. She leaned against Daesamar's black coat and yawned peacefully. He was a warm contrast to the freezing air.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Daesamar shifted into a more comfortable position, curling up tightly around the pup, he leaned in and licked away the tears staining her cheeks before giggling softly when he watched her yawn. This type of situation brought him nothing but genuine pleasure, to know that he had been able to help ease someone else’s troubles, even just a little bit. “What? Am I so boring I just drive you to yawn?’ he asked teasingly before looking up at the shadow of the mountain.

It’s a big world out there Nyphm, there’s so much to see and so much to do, so many rivers to play in, so many mountains to climb…..the peak of the one we’re on, it’s a great place to watch the sunrise and set, if we get time, want to go see it one day?”
Inactive No Rank
Nymphnora Stallion
One more reply from you, and then we can archive this thing.
"Of course not!" Nymphnora protested. The feeling of his fur against hers was comforting. She looked into his gray gaze, feeling a hopeful warmth bloom in her stomach.

She closed her eyes as he spoke again. "Yeah," she replied, with a second yawn. The creamy Tarn girl needed to fight to stay awake. A sense of peace washed over her like a gentle breeze. She curled closer into Daesamar's fur, and surrendered herself to sleep.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The large yearling smiled softly, chuckling at the tired pup’s reaction to his teasing. She couldn't even fight to stay away and ti was so cute. He could see the hope shining inside of her brown eyes, something he never wanted to see disappear again. She curled up inside of his thick warm fur and before long she fell asleep.

Daesamar has tired himself but he kept a silent vigil awhile longer, his ears perked at every noise and once in a while, a protective growl rumbled within his chest. He wouldn’t let anything happen to Nymphnora as long as he was around to protect her. Eventually, he lowered his head and closed his eyes, resting his muzzle between her ears before drifting off himself.

~Fade~