(See All?) Announcements
574 Users Online
Bing, Google, Nia, Sage, Viorel

the darkness, the deepness — Beaver Dam 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: @Ferreiran (and anyone else who would like to join!!!)

RE: A recent heat wave has left the forest drier than usual.

when I'm bad I'm better

“Where did the rain go?” Vaken’s words were sharp but good humoured. He was only slightly annoyed with the dry climate. It certainly made things harder. He could feel the heat, but it wasn’t as bad as it had been. Fall was certainly coming. He stepped on a twig, crunching it beneath his small paw. “You as thirsty as I am buddy?”

It was a rhetorical question. The scruffy adolescent was learning that it was best to make all his questions like that, let Ferr pick and choose which ones to respond to. It felt good not having to uphold small talk. The boy was free to speak when he wanted to, if he wanted to. Today he was feeling more talkative than usual. He took another step, pawed at a small pine cone, then stopped to watch it tumble towards his small friend. “The creek is around here somewhere.” He could smell it in the air, even if he couldn’t see it.

(This post was last modified: Sep 18, 2018, 10:31 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran heard the patchy wolf's sharp question, and looked up. The sky was clear. A few white fluffs dotted the horizon, but other than that, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The sun beat down on the pair, although it had cooled off slightly.

He shrugged. He was a little thirsty, but nothing he couldn't deal with. It probably wouldn't be polite to disagree, since the question implied Vaken was. The solitary juvenile didn't know much about manners, so it would be good to err on the side of caution. Although with the attitude his companion had, it most likely didn't matter. As a pine cone touched his paw, sent there by his scruffy friend, Ferreiran, smiling, passed it right back. A creek sounded good.
Have you read my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

He brought his foot down, crushing the pine cone with a savage crunch. It turned to crumbs beneath his paw, wedging in-between his toes. It didn’t hurt, but it was a nuisance. They were like thick slivers. He rubbed it against the grass, trying to free them. Only a few came out before he gave up and continued walking. “I think it’s up ahead.” He took a step towards the north, sniffing the air. He squinted, golden eyes narrowed, searching for the waterline. Rather than see the reflective gleam of water, he noticed a bunch of fallen logs stacked high.

Vaken had seen beaver dams before. He was familiar with the structure, but this one was so big. It took him a moment to process what it was, completely bewildered with the tower. “Hey Ferr,” he gestured at the structure with his tail. “You see that?” His eyes glistened, a small malicious grin appearing on his face. “Think we can knock it over?”

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran did a bit of a double take at the sight of the beaver dam. As he gazed across the water, a beaver came by dragging a huge branch. He was surprised at how big the branch was compared with the animal lugging it. It plodded into the water and started to swim, still dragging the wood. When it reached the dam, it climbed up and set the branch on top, before swimming back for more.

When Vaken's question reached his ears, the shadowy wolf chuckled and said, "Why not?", plunging into the water. He was unknowingly jumping too far out, and went under, though. His paws hit the gravelly riverbed, and he came up, spluttering. He paddled to a spot where he could stand, blinking his eyes to get water out of them.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Laughter bubbled out of the yearling’s mouth. He watched Ferrieran blink, playful chuckles escaping his mouth. The entire situation had been quite funny. “Nice try!” He snorted, shaking his head in disbelief. There had to be a better way to mess around, didn’t there? Maybe they could climb on top of it, or maybe catch ones of those beavers?

He wasn’t necessarily hungry, but he always enjoyed a little hunt. When his friend finally seemed to catch his breath, the boy strolled over, a smile plastered on his features. “Didn’t work out very well, did it?” He shrugged, glancing over the big damn with his eyes narrowed. “Think we could climb over it?”

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You smell the remains of an elk nearby. Enjoy your feast! +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Completely forgot about this thread... -_-

Ferreiran was a bit annoyed by Vaken laughing at his attempt, but gave in and chuckled along with him. Admittedly, it was funny. And something about laughter breeds more laughter. He couldn't fight it if he wanted to.

He narrowed his eyes at the dam as the yearling suggested trying to climb over it, thinking. It wasn't necessarily a bad idea. If they kept their footing, and took care, they could probably get from one side of the river to the other, just by walking over the structure. He turned, about to figure out a plan, when he scented a elk carcass. His mouth watering, he stepped forward in the direction of the fragrance. They would have a good meal today.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

The boy would never turn down a snack, especially a fresh one. He wasn’t hungry until the scent hit his nostrils, wafting in fresh meat. It was almost instant. His desire to feast turned on like a light switch, the beaver dam completely forgotten. Impulsively, he turned his head back and forth, searching. His yellowy orange eyes were wide from competitive edge. “First come first serve,” he hissed playfully, his own rendition of first one there is a rotten egg.

He spotted it in the distance, a bit of a run away, then almost instantly bolted into actions.

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
[Image: wolf-clipart-alpha-7.png]

A WEAK MAN CAN ALWAYS BE FOUND IN A CROWD

Ferreiran snarled in challenge and raced after Vaken. He wasn't quite as fast as the scruffy yearling, and got there a few seconds later.

He paused for a moment, catching his breath, before lowering his head and gulping down a few chunks of elk meat. About half of the animal was still there, enough for the two loners to fill their bellies twice over. The dark boy ate calmly. When he was done, he fiddled with a scrap of meat that was stuck between his teeth and watched a flock of migrating birds fly through the sky. He yawned, stuffed.

BUT THE WISE MAN IS ALWAYS ALONE
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: fade after your response?

when I'm bad I'm better

Vaken was a sore winner. He beamed in pride, his chest out and teeth exposed in a cocky grin. He liked being quick, he relied on it. It made him smug. It didn’t last long though before the meal at his paws caught his attention. Ferreiran seemed to get straight into business, reminding Vaken to follow. It didn’t matter who ate first. These wolves were brothers, best-friends. There was no need to challenge dominance and show respect among equals. He clawed at it, breaking skin so he could eat the soft meat beneath. He swallowed a few mouthfuls before playfully pushing at Ferreiran, attempting to initiate some sort of tag. Despite the fullness, he wanted to run around again. He wasn’t sure if his friend would follow or not, but it was worth the shot.