Bing, Google

gonna make you wonder — Skeletal Hill 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 40 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Lae Lave
OOC: AW! Come meet the grandma

a dream within a dream

The elderly woman wasn’t in great condition. She was starved, frail and physically drained. She had been chased by coyotes just that morning. Her knees were aching because of it, causing her a great deal of pain. She tried to ignore the throbbing, but that only made it worse. She fought through the pain, gliding mindlessly through the animal bones. She did not seem to acknowledge them. She did not care much about the dead. It was too familiar to her. The corpses did not shock or startle her, they were not an exciting sight. Instead, they were only a slight remainder of her own mortality. She could smell the rot on them, just like she could smell the rot on her own fur.

Eventually, she stood still. Her blurry eyes wandered across the bones, as if she was searching for someone familiar. Her breathing was soft, but staggered. She searched through her memories, trying to remember an animal graveyard like this one. She failed. Had she ever been here before? A sigh escaped her lips and she collapsed to the ground, tired and confused.

(This post was last modified: Sep 21, 2018, 12:12 AM by Lae.)
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
I don't care if heaven won't take me back

Like any predator, Askan knew weakness when he saw it.The old and weary were always fair game, easy pickings, which made Askan idly wonder why this hag was toddling about like she was on her last legs. He watched the woman from a distance, not quite sure what to do. Why wasn't she at home, resting, doing whatever old people did? Had she gotten lost, or was she simply out for a pleasant afternoon stroll? Not a moment after he posed that question to himself, she thumped down onto the floor in an exhausted heap, like she had no intention to ever get up again.

That just wouldn't do, bone pile or not this was an awful place to die.

"Oi," Askan rumbled, as means of announcing himself. He stomped closer and came to a stop mere inches from her. He then realised she was blind in one eye, with a pair of ugly scars that had no doubt caused her to lose her sight. "Are you dying?"

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
Lae Lave
a dream within a dream

It took the lady a few seconds to get a solid view of the male. She squinted her good eye, waiting for it to focus. Eventually he came into view, all one hundred and thirty pounds of him. He was a big lad- hard to miss. She imagined he was a bear cub, brown furred and bulky. She was not intimidated though. She had grown brave (possibly stupid) in her old age, with little regard for safety. He could kill her, she would not mind. She did not adjust her body language, but stayed vulnerable and weak at his feet. She listened to his steps, the sound of bones rattling beneath his paws. It was a grotesque sound. She gagged, her chest heaving and lips raised. The noise had been so quiet, but echoed in her mind in a haunting way. She did not like that noise one bit. Saliva dripped from her mouth for a moment, but she wiped it off onto her shoulder as if nothing had happened. “Dying?”

She squinted her eyes as if trying to piece together the definition of that word, as if she was unfamiliar with the concept. “Not more than you are.” She dropped her head on her paws, closing her blind eye. It was getting dry and itchy. She stretched out her front paws and smiled. It was a soft grin, but exposed the aging of her teeth- some of them completely gone.

(This post was last modified: Sep 21, 2018, 12:11 AM by Lae.)
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan quirked a brow. He had expected some sort of plea for help, or at the very least for her to admit that she wasn't doing so great. Instead, she shot back a dry remark, the sort that earned her an eye roll. Her response was telling though, if she had enough wits about her to be a smartarse then she couldn't be in too rough of a shape.

"How profound of you." He shot her a pointed, derisive look. Two could play the 'stating the obvious' game. "So what then? You thought this would be a good place to get some rest?"

His judgemental stare and the way he scowled at the piles of bones made it pretty obvious that he didn't think it was.  He'd sooner sleep outside a coyote den.  He took a step back, his nails clicking against bone as he gave the woman a little more room.

"Get up, if you can." Though his tone made it seem otherwise it was more of a suggestion than an order.

Lae Lave
a dream within a dream

When he asked Lae to stand, she did. She knew she was capable of it. Her joints were sore, but not defective. Her left leg popped a little, shaking beneath her as she stabilized her weight. Her underbelly was quite dirty from laying amongst the rubble. She looked at it briefly, bothered by her own white fur. It was impossible to keep clean. She was too old to groom herself the way she had as a youth. She didn’t have the drive or energy to be meticulously bathing her ivory pelt.

The man was right too though, sleeping with a bunch of corpses hadn’t done her any favours. It had contributed a lot of debris to her hair, made her reek of death. She did not humour his question, not out of disrespect- but because it didn’t seem to need an answer. She had laid down without thinking. Her legs had needed it so she listened to her body. She had learned to do that in her elderly years. Pushing herself passed her limits was a thing of the past, an act of reckless adolescence. She couldn’t do that anymore.

She straightened herself up, and then shook out her fur. Some dust was expelled from her body, creating a small cloud. She coughed, clearing out her lungs and returned her attention back to the bossy man. “You have strong eyes.”

She stepped closer, evaluating the shape of them with a sharp stare. She did not blink, keeping them uncomfortably focused. The colour of them was familiar, she was drawn into them, comforted by them. They were bold, expressive, powerful. He was a dominant male, she could assume that from his eyes. She was jerked back into reality, breaking off eye contact by the sound of her own breathing. “I never had strong eyes.” While her eyesight had once been nearly perfect, hers shaped down, droopy, weak, muddy brown. She had never been a dominant wolf.

She sniffed the air, close to him searching for information. He smelt of other wolves, as expected from the elderly woman, assumably subordinates. She tried to identify how many, but lost her train of thought and gave up. She did not even bother to ask.

(This post was last modified: Sep 21, 2018, 12:10 AM by Lae.)
Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
[Image: 2lna6d.jpg]

What use are words

Ferreiran froze, the stench of rotting flesh overpowering him for a moment. He would have-should have-turned and walked in the other direction. But his curiosity was strong enough, especially once he scented two wolves, that he took a cautious step forward. Then another. Soon he saw the wolves. One old bag of fleas even he could beat in a fight, and a strong looking male with luminous eyes that he definitely couldn't. He dove behind a bush, nearly yelping at the sight of a half-decayed bear skull.

The elderly female was talking about eyes. The dark male rolled his, still hidden a good distance away. He had never seen such an old wolf. His parents were first time parents, and he hadn't stayed long enough to watch them age. He didn't understand the way she stared at his eyes, like she was in love or something. He didn't understand the way older wolves acted, because he wasn't one.

If you understand my thoughts

(This post was last modified: Sep 20, 2018, 11:54 PM by Ferreiran.)
Have you read my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan watched the woman slowly rise to her paws. It took a bit of effort and strain but it was clear that she was capable of getting around still, even if she needed some more rest. Askan pursed his lips as he debated what to do with the woman, where to go from here. The woman coughed and Askan's nose wrinkled, he sure hoped she wasn't sick, or at the very least that it wasn't contagious. Though looking at all the dust that probably wasn't the case. Whatever.

Before he could even formulate his next line of thought he paused and once again, his brows smushed together. His eyes? What about them? Selwyn eyes were always striking, but he'd never been told that they were strong. Either she was scolding him for stating the obvious or...it was an honest, if not weird compliment.

"Thanks...I use them to see." He mumbled, not quite sure what to say. It was weird, she was weird. Maybe it was an old person thing, maybe he'd have to ask Reyes about it. Heh. "I bet they're even shitter now."

Her eyes might be dodgy, but there was nothing wrong with Askan's ears. They twitched as the rustling of a nearby bush grabbed at his focus and squeezed tight. Her turned from the old woman, his eyes scanning the area as his nose twitched, seeking out the scent of something that clearly wasn't dead.

His lips twitched up into a snarl as his hackles raised, giving him even more of a bearish appearance. Behind him, his tail began to twitch, stiff like a blade cutting through air.

"Show yourself or I'll drag you out." That was the only warning they would receive, Askan wasn't the sort who enjoyed being spied upon.

Lae Lave
a dream within a dream

The petite white lady was still deep in thought, reminiscing about childhood, memories of perfect eyesight. It seemed so long ago that both her eyes were well. She had grown so accustomed to the disability, it was hard to imagine a world where all wolves had two eyes. It was only when the male brought up her blindness that she remembered. She had very weak eyes now, didn’t she?

It was a strange thing to reflect on. She supposed she did, but it didn’t feel that way. Her mind was too concentrated on her thoughts to catch up on the scents and sounds of Ferreiran. Her senses were not as heightened as a yearling, but her dream-like state of mind made it worse. It was only when Askan raised his voice that she seemed to question their privacy. She slowly moved her gaze in the direction the other male was searching, looking for their intruder. Who else was here?

She kept still, but not nearly as aggressive as the larger man beside her. Instead, her body language was neutral and almost uninterested. Her gaze was cloudy and haunting, looking off into the distance. Her fur bristled slightly in the wind, but not in order to intimidate. It was mostly instinct, her body trying to match the boldness of Askan for security. If he thought there was a threat, shouldn’t she? “Come out, come out,” she sang, her voice eerily playful in comparison to her stance. “Come out.”

(This post was last modified: Sep 21, 2018, 02:49 AM by Lae.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A nearby creek is full to the brim with fish. +3 Health
Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
[Image: 2lna6d.jpg]

What use are words

Ferreiran lowered his tail between his legs as he stepped out from behind the bush. He was almost trembling in fear, being just a yearling confronted by two adult wolves. He didn't even have to tell himself to get in a submissive position; he was already in one. The fleabag's neutral stance didn't soothe the knot of fear in his stomach.  He had been caught watching someone like this before, but it was different. The other wolf had been around his age and build, and it had been one on one. He had also been a loner, less able to take risks, unlike Askan who smelled suspiciously of other wolves.

"Sorry," he said, trying to keep his voice calm. "I'll leave now." He turned and walked a few stressful steps away. He'd run once he was at a good distance.

-exit-(if not stopped)

If you understand my thoughts

(This post was last modified: Sep 23, 2018, 02:42 PM by Ferreiran.)
Have you read my player preferences?