oh you siphoned off the hellion's threats — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 60 posts.
Inactive Pup
SeeJay
Open to two others. || Evening, Light Rain, 44.6 ° F, 7 ° C

i'm skin and bone

just a king on a rusty throne

She had explored a bit, just outside the safety of the Scowle. She could still smell them on the breeze and some trails suggested the adults (or even other adventurous children...?) had been in the area recently. The water's edge had beckoned to her. Although it was coll out and the sky was already bringing down rain, she had the urge to go for a swim. Not very deep and most certainly not for very long. The last thing she wanted was for the adults to find her out of bounds or for even another child to come crash her alone time.

Her smokey and charred figure slipped away from the shore as she let the water greet her. While it was cold, it was not freezing. Her fur did the best it could to deter off the chill of the rain and lagoon water. Her oversized paws made great paddles as she swam about before returning to a point where she could stand in the water. Soft thunder rolled in the distance and her orange eyes instinctively looked to the skies, waiting for the crack of light that usual followed such a sound.

Yet it never seemed to show.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Leti who has 7 posts.
Inactive
Mobuck Sigend
New and unfamiliar to the lands, a large black wolf strode through a variety of different lands and scenes, picking up many scents and feeling as he moved. Slightly wary that he could be targetted as a loner or possible be trespassing, he was always on his toes, never lingering anywhere for too long. Thirst and exhaustion were what drove the brute onwards, added by the impending pang of hunger Mobuck would soon find himself weak and vulnerable if he didn't find somewhere to recuperate in somewhat safety.

He followed a mishmash fo scents that varied between prey and the odd wolf, none that stood out too much to say that it was a claimed territory, but as he was not yet familiarised with the scents of the wolves in the area he would not know who to scent for. Keeping his nose to the ground and body in a slightly lowered and coiled position, Mobuk continued on his treck for rest, food and water, something that was not too far out of reach.

A cool wind blew through bringing forward the scents he searched for as well as the sound of water; it made his heart rate increase. Stopping for a moment the black wolf stood and evaluated his surroundings, taking in the somewhat calm aura of the area, smiling internally as he relaxed a bit. He then carried on forwards with his head up, moving on in a trot with his tail hanging loose behind him.

The fresh scent of a wolf caught the male's attention and he frowned, slowing his gait, looking around. The scent was fresh but weak -weak in the sense of it not being powerful and dominating, suggesting that the owner was a juvenile or pup. But what would a pup being doing out on their own? Mobuck was sure he couldn't scent any other adults around recently enough to be present with the youth.

As anxiety pricked at him the male slunk forwards and spotted the young wolf, with fur as black as his own with a few flecks of silver in them and soft amber eyes. Was this a test, an ambush, a setup? A low growl of uncertainty left the male as he eyed the area suspiciously and scented again. Of course. There was the scent of wolves nearby, but not a lot of them. Was this a small family unit, with young? Mobuck had priorities, and of that mean his life being challenged, so be it. He needed to feed and drink.

Moving closer to the water the large male cleared his throat to announce himself to the young wolf before dipping his head down in a nod-like greeting. "Salutations," he spoke, stopping at the water's edge.
(This post was last modified: Sep 25, 2018, 08:27 PM by Mobuck.)
Inactive Pup
SeeJay

i'm skin and bone

"Salutations,"

Her head turned from looking at the sky to see the stranger. SeeJay knew she was trapped. With her in the water and him on land, her options of getting out suddenly seemed slim. "Who are ya?" She asked as her orange eyes narrowed slightly. The girl didn't like strangers much. She especially didn't like strangers who looked like her -- although an exception had been made for @Morganna.

Part of her wanted to call the wolves of the Scowle now. They were practically right on their doorstep and the girl knew she wouldn't be ignored, not for long at least. Yet the other part of her wanted to be brave. She wanted a story to take back with her. To be able to brag all about running off some loner, standing her ground, was what she craved.

Inactive
Mobuck Sigend
Cocking his head Mobuck smirked already liking the feistiness of the youth before him, picking up on her offensiveness towards him he chuckled lightly. Hearing her question he quirked a brow and stepped towards the water's edge, dipping down to lap at the liquid in a calm fashion, his fiery gaze remaining on the small female. -Buck was testing her, seeing if she would flee or if there were indeed other wolves waiting to pounce.

After indulging his thirst he rose once more and licked the residual droplets from his muzzle before finally responding to the hanging question. "I'm just a passing Rogue." that was not what the pup wanted to hear, but who was she to demand his identity, she was just a pup after all, what could she do. "Alone out here, are you?" there was an undercurrent of something in his words and they purred out.

Not wanting to seem intimidating to spook her, but also not want to seem like he was going to be pushed around or threatened by a pup, Mobuck cast his fiery gaze around them as if looking to see where her family members were, prompting a response from her. As much as he put on a very convincing facade, Mobuck was more than aware the pup could be bait and he was the big fish they're all waiting for.
(This post was last modified: Sep 25, 2018, 08:27 PM by Mobuck.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You smell the remains of an elk nearby. Enjoy your feast! +10 Health
Inactive Pup
SeeJay

i'm skin and bone

She decided then and there she didn't like him. His answer didn't cut it for her. Her features only crinkled further. "I don' have to answer ya." She paddled further away from his position and crawled out of the water, onto land once more. SeeJay didn't bother shaking out her fur to rid herself of the water. It dripped off of her and soaked the earth beneath her further. With the light rain, there was no point in trying to dry off yet.

"Whadda ya want?" She questioned further from her position a few yards away. Her lack of proper vocabulary might have suggested she was younger than she really was but she had been influenced by the accents in the Scowle along with her lack of general social skills. It made for a wonderful combination of her looking dull. Which it could be argued she was perhaps.

SeeJay was not nearly as bright as her age mates back home but she could put up just as much of a fight as them.

Inactive
Mobuck Sigend
Somewhat surprised by the female's response, his ears flicked automatically as if to shake off disperse the feeling. His brow furrowed as Mobuck frowned, his mind starting to wonder about the upbringing of the young wolf. Was she learned, did she had a good social structure around her or was she a loner or orphan just trying to get by.

"I was looking for somewhere to rest, feed and water up and then move on. He wouldn't explain further, as he didn't know the mental capacity of the juvenile, how much she was taking on board, nor much much she really cared. A flick of his tail and once more the male's eyes swept his surroundings, he followed by moving around; pacing in a calm and fluid motion, while trying to scent for other wolves.

"Where are your family? I can tell they're close. he felt an ounce of irritation and some wanting while watching the young female pup. He knew that she belonged, but also it made him feel like he didn't. Exhaling a grunt, he was reminded of his directive by the unruly growl of his stomach -Mobuck's muzzle wrinkled as he growled back at it and scented the air again. "Know of a place where I can get some quick pickings? his head cocked once more as he eyed the female with a glassy and dangerous expression.
Inactive Pup
SeeJay

i'm skin and bone

This wasn't his place to do those things, that much she knew. This was her place to do that -- you know, along with all the other Scowle wolves' too. While they weren't on pack territory even SeeJay knew that the closeness out to startle off any passing rogues. His first question was met with a harsh snort. "Why should I tell ya?" She asked sharply. It was not his business what they did. Someone from the Scowle might have wished her to be more diplomatic but her alone time had been ruined. For that the loner would pay the price of a prickly SeeJay.

"Nothin' here is for ya." The girl responded to his second question with a bit of cockiness. "It's all mine." She told him as a mischievous grin split her face, daring him to argue with her.

(This post was last modified: Sep 26, 2018, 01:53 AM by Caelia.)
Inactive
Mobuck Sigend
The longer he stood the more irritated the male became and his mood began to change. Narrowing his golden eyes, Mobuck's muzzle tensed and drew back to expose the tips of his teeth as he shifted his position to level his spine and head. "Look, Child, I am not here to play games," he spoke. "A hungry wolf is a dangerous wolf." he sneered at the pup with a low growl resonating at the end.

Mobuck was well aware that he was in a No Man's Land, a very dangerous area, a buffer zone between territories which divides pack lands. A place where no single pack's rules can affect another's.

The large black wolf took a decided step towards the young wolf -to test her and see how she would react to his sudden mood change. Mobuck had no control of his sudden mood changes and often had no recollection of the events. The male's pulse increased as the scent of prey slipped into his nasal passages and into his olfactory system, activating his hunter and predator mode. Leaving this young wolf in a very dangerous situation.

Mobuck had a choice, one that he was not now in a sound state of mind to make - head off and follow the scent trail, or remain and see how this pup would fare against him. The brute was well aware that she could call her pack for backup, but would she be able to quick enough before he could silence her.
(This post was last modified: Sep 29, 2018, 05:59 PM by Mobuck.)
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
Here we are don't turn away now

Sure, the coyotes seemed to be less of a pain the arse of late, but that didn't leave Morganna any more comfortable with kids crossing the borders alone. She had been patrolling with @Celandine when they crossed SeeJay's path, the two leaders not needing to communicate much more than a smirk and a roll of the eyes before diverting their course to follow hers.

Having spotted the girl, neither leader would go charging in, not straight away. Much like when Sedna stole a loners stick, the Archer was content to let children learn, at least a little, even this one that had already seen so much bad in the world. Her chest silently swelled with pride as the girl stood her ground, wondering if she had been spying on Sedna to speak such bold words when she was clearly outgunned. Apparently her companion didn't have as much sense as her daughters though, choosing to growl at the child instead. The leader snorted. "No more'n a pissed off mother surely?" Her tone was conversational enough, eyes slightly narrowed, and though her stance was cocky with a lifted head and tail, it clearly one she was used to wearing.

"Wha'der'yer'want?" As if she needed to ask. Morganna was almost convinced that he was begging to have his tail ripped clean off, and it had been far too long since someone had asked for that... So she smiled.

we are the warriors that built this town
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]