446 Users Online
Hazelnut, Google, Bing

internal affairs — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
For @Kajika <3 || Broken Clouds, 53.6 ° F, 12 ° C

As the temperatures dipped, her agitation seemed to rise.

She was fed up with the constant cycle of loss in the Cove. She was tired of no one actually doing anything. Everyone was constantly moping and groveling over the loss. Birtie could not keep living like this and she refused to raise her children in an environment like this. The easy option would have been to just take her son (for she doubted she could get away with both) and just leave. She had a place to go to.

Yet the Parlow had never liked the easy way.

There was something else -- something better -- that she could do. She just didn't know if anyone else was going to agree with her.

Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He'd caught yet scent on the border and as usual curiosity got the better of the dark man. He wanted to know where his lover thought she was going in her condition. Thankfully the pups were now ok'd enough they could be left to their own devices for a bit while he went to find out.

For awhile he trailed her through the forest up into poison path. It had been awhile since yes been there and most of the nightshade seemed to have gone for the season. No matter it would return the following spring, soon snow would cover what was left behind.

Tired of following her yet caught up to her, stopping just a few feet behind her. “Going somewhere?” He asked after clearing his throat.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Her nostrils flared and she turned around, the dark form of her lover there. Ever since she had sustained her eye injury he had hovered around her like a vulture. Occasionally it was suffocating even if he meant well.

Not going anywhere. I have nowhere to go. It was not an entirely true statement. There was a long list of places she could have slipped off to or have ran off to. Alas that was not her plan. You're just the face I wanted to see though. She admitted with a halfhearted smirk. She moved closer in order to brush her head under his neck. A sign of respect and perhaps love for she knew what she had to address had the possibility to wreck all the ground work they had between them.

She pulled away as her good eye settled on his facial features. I think it's time for change, Kajika.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You smell the remains of an elk nearby. Enjoy your feast! +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

His dark former remained where it was while he waited for an answer from her. His mind of course raced with possibilities of where she might be going or what she was doing. His amber gaze never left her cream form though his gaze held and expectant air to it.

He couldn't help the raise of his brow at her answer as he remembered she once told him of her home. “That's good news for our children,” he said deciding not to question her about it. He was more concerned with what had her outside the cove at that moment. “Is that so? Good thing I followed you then,” his tone was more jovial then. He didn't have time to say anything more as she brushed her chin under his neck.

When she pulled away she hit him with why she had been looking for him, “What kind of change are you talking about?”

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She was tempted to roll her eyes at the statement of their children but withheld the action. He was foolish to think she would willingly abandon them. That would be an argument for another day though. Perhaps a day soon if this all didn't blow over very well.

I believe that it's time for a different wolf to help lead the Cove. I want to challenge Moonshadow for her position. She announced brazenly. Truthfully, she had intended to perhaps ask for his blessing but that almost seemed foolish. The two were close so she believed she might have some trouble gaining his support. Although she had also bore his children. She was between a rock and a hard place but like hell if she'd let anyone stop her from getting out of it. She has too much going on and I worry that she simply can't lead anymore. Surely her mind can't be clear enough to make the best decisions for all of us? She asked with an arched brow. Did anyone believe someone who had lost a child and had a wandering mate could keep their head clear enough?

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

She didn't say anything to the comment about the children and he didn't expect it. In fact he was rather glad for it since he was sure he was probably wrong in saying it. Still he did worry sometimes. What he wasn't expecting was what came out of her mouth next though he probably should have. He couldn't expect a wolf like Birtie to want to stay second forever.

The dark alpha sat back on his haunches, “I see, this won't go over well and I'm sorry Birtie but I'm not comfortable with it.” For so many reasons Kajika wasn't comfortable with this decision. Moon was his friend and she'd worked hard to be lead. Then there was Birite who’d only recently recovered from losing her eye but then she speak again. This time to talk about the stresses that moon had and how clear headed she was. “I am worried about Moonshadow and how much she can take after Chan and now Nash. Tagg being gone again, it's hard on her but I have to ask Birtie. Do you think you can make the best decisions for this pack?”

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She clenched her jaw at his words but she had already made up her mind. She wouldn't let anyone stand in her way. Not another leader, not the father of her children, no one. Not to mention his audacity to question her decision making skills. Everything that had happened to her had happened because she was thinking of the greater good. Even if she had messed up here and there.

Do you doubt me? Her tone grew icy. I lose my eye to protect us from coyotes and ill-willed loners, I give up my former wayward life to birth and protect our children, I support your co-lead as her second for a good while despite my own feelings. The Parlow's hackles seemed to spike upwards some. Everything I've done has been for the well-being of those around me. Even if you doubt my abilities and stand in my way, I'm still going through with this.

The challenge in her gaze was clear. Try me.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He saw the clench in her jaws and saw that this was going to go a completely different direction than he'd hoped. He didn't say anything at first just let her have her tirade since it seemed she was bound and determined to have it. Then when it seemed she'd finished he finally spoke doing his best to ignore the tone she'd used and the fact she'd raised her hackles with him.

“I don't doubt you Birtie nor do I discount what you've done for this pack but you have a temper and it can get in the way of things. I've seen it myself and I am worried that you will allow it to take control in moments it really shouldn't such as this one. Already you don't trust me to support you among other areas of our life. Can you trust and respect me enough to lead beside me?”

The challenge in her gaze caused him to drop his tone to her, his eyes narrowing. “Your current behavior is exactly what I'm talking about and it would be in your best interest to call yourself, I do not appreciate being disrespected in such a manner.”

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
Mature for some swears.

At least I have a damn temper. She snapped. At least I do something instead of fucking moping around all day. And I don't let others run over us like we're some kind of patch of grass. The Parlow hissed with obvious distaste. And if you think this is disrespect, you've never truly been disrespected before. It's not your rank I'm after, Kajika. I'm not concerned with your own leading abilities because you have your shit together. She snorted as she lifted her head. She refused to back down just because he felt 'disrespected'.

So why are you so hesitant just because of a little temper? Or is there something more I should know? She dared to question. It was easy to see the two leaders of the Cove were close and that alone made her wary at times.