(See All?) Announcements
546 Users Online
Google, Bing, Lillia, Flair

You should've known better than that — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 102 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn
Tagging daddy @Odin and @Cyril just so you know what Jenny is up to.
RE: A recent heat wave has left the forest drier than usual.

If a whole pack wasn't enough to stop Jenny from wandering off then what could be said for a pair of wolves? She adored her Pa and Cyril, but that wasn't enough to stop her from trotting off. She'd never been to this part of the Lore before, there was so much to see and smell!

She was used to thick forests with tangled trees and gnarled roots, but this place was so open, almost like the Tarn but with so much more grass. Even with all of the water-which she had little interest in paddling in- the ground was dry and crisp. With every footfall there was a crunch, making it very difficult to be sneaky. But the little Selwyn-Archer managed, like a shadowy snake she meandered through the meadow, dipping in and out from behind thickets she moved unseen.

What was that sound? She sunk low, her butt raised as she flicked her ears forward to listen. Something was by the waterside, she could see it's outline, dark and blurry, just hidden by a bunch of long reeds. Was it something to eat? Or a potential plaything? Only one way to find out....

[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9d88.gif]
Played by Switch who has 44 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall
man i'm still trying to figure out this boy xP
it's in my blood, it's in my water

This wandering thing was pretty easy. He just had to wait for the opportune moment and slowly make his get away. Why he felt a smidge guilty for doing it again, so far he had had little repercussions. And in some way he thought it might just impress his mother, and Celandine. Not to mention the other pups of the Scowle. At times he felt his usual thoughtfulness was considered cowardice to them. What would be a better way to show them he wasn't? Besides he might just find something worth sharing. He wouldn't mind getting the others to  tag along. Following the leader. An idea that brought a satisfied smirk to his black mouth.

With his head held proudly he meandered the sandy shore. His eyes, now two different colors, hovered on the waves as they teased his toes. One such wave brushed a stick across his limb. Retrieving it, he ground it in his teeth, and than flung it. Seeing just how far he could make it fly. He kept tossing it not even realizing anyone was around.  

i have been blessed with a wilder mind
(This post was last modified: Sep 26, 2018, 01:50 AM by Vareth.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn
holla at me if you want anything changed!
Scuffle post 1/3

Jenny tensed as she arched her tail high, they-whoever or whatever it was- was distracted. Now was the time to strike, but how? Should she just wholly launch herself at it? Or maybe she could try and push it down into the water and let it get all soggy and wet? The second option was tempting but....the first sounded more difficult and little Jenny did like a challenge. With one final wiggle of her butt, Jenny sprang out from behind the reeds and with her front legs outstretched she crashed into the dark shape.

The duo tumbled to the floor, narrowly missing the water,  and before they could even react she went right for their ears. With a playful growl she tugged at it sharply, they-as it turned out she'd found another pup- were bigger than her, but Jenny didn't care! She had the element of surprise! She would emerge victorious!

"Gert oooh!" She mumbled, her mouth stuffed with puppy ear.

Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall
Scuffle post 1/3 I'm good with small powerplay <3

The next time he grabbed the stick he made a point to get a back a little from the edge of the water before tossing it in. He didn't mind challenging himself even if it wasn't exactly a skill he should be mastering. But as he bent down,ready to retrieve it, a force struck him, sending him to the sand. OOF! A rough growl rolled from his lips as he tried to right himself but the weight of another was still there. He was expecting Sedna or Anduin but this was neither his nose told him. So where the hell had she come from? He attempted to swipe his limbs at the girl, trying to put space between them. How swiftly she claimed one of his ears, and it hurt! A sharp bark fled from his mouth. Indication she was being a bit rough, just as he used with his sister and cousins when they were figuring it all out. She just seemed thrilled to have something to play with but he wanted to keep his ear. He attempted to nip at her neck, shoulders or chest. Whatever black part he could reach to let her know if a tussle was what she wanted it was what she was gonna get.  

(This post was last modified: Oct 08, 2018, 08:50 PM by Vareth. Edit Reason: grammar errors )
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn
scuffle post 2/3

Jenny ignored his bark as she twisted and flailed, her legs swinging wildly as she held on for dear life! He was a tough one and wasn't going down without a fight. Not that this could really be called a fight, it was more of a... it was a messy really, of swishing tails and tangled legs. A big ball of Archer with some Lyall and Selwyn blood mixed in for good measure.

She felt teeth tug at the loose skin on her neck and she winched, her ears flicked back as she growled in response. Val had never really played rough and tumble with her, this was the closest thing she'd ever gotten but it hurt! It was time to fight back, as though she hadn't been the one to start this polava.  Rolling away, she tucked her back legs in and began to bunny kick as hard as she could against his stomach.

"Taaaake this!"

Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall
Scuffle post 2/3

The girl didn't take the hint. In fact he was starting to wonder if he'd have an ear left the way she hung on, pulling. He'd never felt pain like this. Yet he wasn't about to cry and whine. No, that surely would make this all much more worse. She'd probably laugh, or jerk harder. Besides he was not a baby any more and despite how he'd love some backup he had to rely on himself. One thing was for sure he didn't like this feeling, and if she took his ear it seemed only fair he should return the favor.Luckily he got a hold of her in turn. A good piece too. He didn't hesitate to tug harshly. Another good growl following in motion. Jerking and jerking to see if he could get her to let go of him first. Surprisingly she didn't. The girl didn't even cry to his disappointment. She rolled, trying to use her hind feet to get him off.

That didn't feel the greatest either. A grunt hit his throat and he almost lost his grip. Another swift kick, he no longer had hair in his teeth. But Vareth was a determined child, and like hell was he gonna just give up. With an idea in mind, a last resort, he plopped right down on top of her so maybe it'd be too hard for her to kick. She'd have to struggle to get up.

"You wanta lose yer ear?"  

(This post was last modified: Oct 08, 2018, 09:12 PM by Vareth.)
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn
scuffle post 3/3

And struggle she did. Jenny wriggled and squirmed, trying desperately to remove the heavy weight from atop of her. She tried to turn around, to nip and tug at any loose skin she could find but he'd gotten her squished right against the floor. Right where he wanted her. Her lips turned down into a pout as she huffed, if only she could get out then she'd show him what was what. Maybe she ought to do just that...

"Why would you do that? We're playing, duuuuh." She might have chomped on him but she hadn't tried to take his ear, what would she do with it anyway? Well, a few ideas came to mind but that was neither here nor there. "Lemme up!"

Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall
scuffle post 3/3 Awe love Jenny already.

He really didn't think it'd work. He thought maybe she'd see it coming and squirm away before he could. Or just give him another good whomp with her feet. His plan had actually worked! She was pinned, and caught! Wait till he told Sedna. Maybe, just maybe he could manage it again.

Her searching muzzle finally still brought him back to the present. His furrowed brows deepened. She was caught but didn't seem afraid. Now it was his turn to frown. "I'd keep it to show my sester," he answered as if it was the only thing to do with it. But playing??? "Who taw you to play like that?" He questioned in turn, his expression unchanged. Clearly he was sure they didn't have the same meaning of the word and he was perturbed.

Upon her command he jumped back, giving her a good amount of space. Though the young Archer-Lyall remained half crouched. His shoulders tucked to his neck as if she might just pounce again for round two and he would be more prepared. But he didn't want her to think he was scared so made sure to pin her with his unmatched eyes. "You a willow wolf?" He hadn't exactly analyzed her scent in the middle of their "play" and he wasn't sure where else she could have come from.  

Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn

Show it to his sister? Well, Jenny could see the allure in that. She supposed it was always fun to show off to other's, to dangle her trinkets about before hiding them away in the shadows. Her ear though? No no no, she was keeping that. Thank you very much.

"No one, taught myself." Her chest puffed up-as much as she could anyway, all squished beneath him- oh what a proud beast she was. "Real good at it too." Probably, or so she liked to think.

With a huff, the pup clambered to her paws and shook out her coat. There that was much better, she could actually move her legs, not just leave them stiff like they were twigs to be snapped. He looked at her then and asked a question, the sort that left her tipping her head to the side in obvious confusion. A Willow wolf? What was that?

"Nuh, a Tarn wolf. What about you?"

She stepped forward and took an exaggerated sniff or two. He smelled...there was something familiar about his scent, earthy with tones of water. But more than that....it was like, who was this dude?