Google, Bing

chaos meets chaos — Pasos al Cielo 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: for @Circe takes place after this thread

when I'm bad I'm better

A meal had done Vaken some good. While he was bulking up for the winter, he was still thin. His fur was thicker, and his ribs weren’t showing- but he was still small. He was always going to be a petite. He had a tiny bone structure. Eating was doing him some good though. The summer had been harsh, but he was fleshing out well for the fall. Particularly today, bloated from gorging himself on dinner. He had been lucky enough to bump into the female and fawn. Things had come together marvellously.

He groomed his front paws, licking the blood between his toes. He was happy. It was clear from his body language that the meal had put him in good spirits. “That was good,” he purred, dropping his foot back on the ground. He ran his tongue over his shoulder, grooming down a matted pat, and sighed. “There hasn’t been much to eat this summer, with the coyotes, but it looks like that is changing. He sniffed the air timidly, afraid on what he’d find. There was nothing. Prey animals, plants, some dirt, a bit of stale coyote on the breeze. Where did they all go? He was glad they were gone, but it seemed odd. They had appeared so abruptly, and left the same way. He couldn’t remember the last time he bumped into one. He shrugged his shoulders, than glanced over at the silver female. He had been mindlessly ramblingly. Had she even been listening? He couldn't tell. He normally didn't talk so much, but the food had made him giddy with pleasure.

(This post was last modified: Sep 29, 2018, 09:31 PM by Vaken.)
Played by Becca who has 36 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Circe

Truthfully, she wasn't listening as much as the boy probably thought she was. The company was nice but she had other things to do eventually. She could not sit here and preen her paws forever. But she could accept things for now. For she had nothing with her (no herbs or extra food) to change the possible outcome.

"Coyotes?" She asked with a soft tilt of her head and raised brow. "How bad could they be?" Circe asked with almost a hint of disappointment in her tones. The disappointment was directed to the boy but she didn't portray it strong enough for that to (likely) be detected. Coyotes were pest, sure, but they could usually be ran off by the larger creatures.

have you checked out my player preferences?
please note: currently traveling with Vaken
(meaning he may jump into threads!)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You smell the remains of an elk nearby. Enjoy your feast! +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

The boy shook his head in disbelief. How bad could they be? His face cringed in sour distaste, the words echoing in his mind. The coyotes had destroyed him. They had been around every corner, every territory. They stole his food, chased him around the lore, woke him up. Their company had been impossible to miss during the summer, ruining his physical and mental health. He let out a shaggy, wary sigh. “Bad.”

He had no other words to describe it. He couldn’t tell her enough of how brave these coyotes had become, how little food had existed around the lore- especially for lone wolves. He sniffed the air and let out a thankful chuckle. “There’s elk on the breeze, even now.” He had not hunted so well all summer. Prey animals were regrowing in numbers, there was no denying that. He wasn’t hungry, or too passionate about the idea of hunting, but the scent was there. It was like heaven to the yearling.

He stood up and shook out his fur, sniffing around for other scents. A few weeks ago, all he would have been able to smell was yotes. The world was different now. He could relax. He moved closer to the silver female and playfully rolled a rock in her direction. “These weren’t regular coyotes."

(This post was last modified: Sep 30, 2018, 05:00 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Circe

Well wasn't he a wordsmith? Bad. Circe raised a brow at the vague explanation. Then he rolled on to talk about something else. Something about elk. Circe chuckled softly. She didn't understand how he could even acknowledge food after the hunt they had just had. Sure, it was nice and all but she'd much rather let the scavengers have it.

She rolled the rock back in his direction mindlessly. "Explain." She cooed as she rested her head on her paws, tail lazily flicking behind her every so often. Where exactly had she come to? Poor speaking boys and not-your-average coyotes. Perhaps she should have kept moving on.

Granted so far she was taking everything he said with a grain of salt. Especially mentioning she had not seen any of it.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Where to begin. The cold worded demand of the female didn’t sit easy on the yearling’s shoulders, it sounded like a challenge. Explain. He resented the casualness of her tone, rolling his eyes. Was she questioning his honesty? He watched the way she lazily spoke, almost disinterested. He didn’t demand a lot of attention, but it still filled him with sour grapes. “They created packs, grew bolder, hungrier. You couldn’t travel without seeing them."

He gaze grew cloudy remembering the terror they instilled in him. He had learned quickly, but it had been a tough lesson. It had done him a lot of good in the long run. He was stronger now because of it, more experienced in battle. Of course, they were smaller foe- but he had grown strategically advanced to take on more than one enemy, he learned to dodge and escape. How could he explain that to someone who had not experienced it? He looked at her dryly, emotionless. He sniffed the air, a way to say forget about it and then curled up on the floor as well. His body was stuffed, he needed to digest.

(This post was last modified: Oct 17, 2018, 12:43 AM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Circe
"I'm surprised you didn't just start trying to lead them." She joked softly. "Especially sense you make it sound like they were all over you. You could have had your whole little group." Circe spoke with a faded smile on her face, although it didn't seem to reach her eyes. Nothing emotional ever really reached her eyes.

Yet she was growing bored of his company. The excitement of his story was lost on her and they were no longer in the pursuit of a meal. She could think of a million things she'd rather be doing. Lounging here with some yearling (whom she knew she could not contain with poisons and meals) was not on that list.

"You have a recommendation on where to go?" She asked as she stood to her paws, a brow raised as she examined him.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

If Vaken could have led the coyotes he would have. He craved the power and the numbers. Leading a pack was far beyond his skill level, but the idea of an army was tempting. If the creatures could understand each other, maybe he could have joined them. He listened to her with wistful appreciation, giving a rebellious grin. “I wish.” The coyotes weren’t like that. Even with his manipulation and smooth-talking skills, the boy wasn’t that good.

He watched her stand, realizing their time together was coming to a close. He was still digesting their meal, his belly protruding. He wouldn’t need to hunt again for a while. Their was no reason for them to stay together, but part of him was disappointed. “You looking to join a pack?”

For a lone wolf, he had a lot of pack information. He could share it with her, help her make a decision. If she wasn’t, even better. He knew the land pretty well. She seemed like the kind of wolf that would like the east.

Inactive No Rank
Circe

She chuckled softly at his question. "I apologize if I gave off the aura of a pack wolf." While she may have been on the look out for a home, she was not looking for one that included others. Not for the moment at least. "I'd like to keep my loner ways for as long as possible." She was no fool though. The chill the settled as the days went by hinted at the next season that was creeping upon them. Once the leaves were done stripping themselves off of the trees there would be snow, she assumed. Which meant the life of a loner would likely have to be buried underneath all of that snow. Until things thawed...

"What about the free lands? Know a thing or two about those you'd be willing to share with me?" She asked with a small smirk painted onto her narrow face. Surely if he had spent time running away from coyotes through the summer he would know the best places to lay low in.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: feel free to archive after Circe's exit <3

when I'm bad I'm better

Ahhhh, how refreshing. A loner who planned on staying a loner, just how he liked it. His pleasure with her response was apparent on his face, exposing his distaste for pack wolves instantly. Her question was a breath of fresh air. He was more than willing to share the information he had, it was for a good cause. Anything to help a fellow traveler stay independent. “Not many packs in the west. Up here there is a ton of ‘em, but keeping travelling down and stay to the far west if you want to be alone. The east has a few too in the dense forest, and all along the mountain.” His aunt’s pack was there, pretty rocky terrain but otherwise nice. He racked his brain for a few minutes, visualizing the area. Things were pretty crowded in the center of the lore.

He shook out his fur and glanced over his shoulder. Hopefully that was a broad enough layout for her to follow. He didn’t know everything about the area, just enough to give a broad description. “Maybe I’ll see you around,” he added, tipping his muzzle down in a goodbye.