(See All?) Announcements
676 Users Online
Bing, Google

A home is just a place to lay your head — Pookastone Scowle 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rau who has 58 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
The large brute was full of matted hair that was coming out in tufts all over the place, such was a bane of the change of seasons. Although his scent was much improved albeit still a still musty if one got to close. He had not had a chance to roll in anything delectable since he had spent the last month or so chasing a bear across the country and back. Was it a month? it could have been longer then that, he was not sure nights and day burred together.

The brute knew it had been at least a week since the bear had finally died of thirst and exhaustion in it's sleep, or perhaps it had succumbed to the infection Zev had helped along with well timed bites and tears into it's flesh. What ever the cause it was far to easy a death for it as far as Zev was concerned, he had hoped he'd be the one to steal the last of it's life and lay it bare to the sun gods. Loathsome bear, a waste of effort as far as he was concerned.

It wasn't until he recognized the scent of his long forgotten home the he realized he was back to where he had started from, he knew he'd have to find his little bascha and be damned if she needed more working over; This bear had cost him to much if that were the case.

Since the greedy beast died of it's own accord he had taken the time to offer it's blood to the moon gods. They were not as picky as the sun god but they were weaker; a pale reflection of the suns gods glory.

Now though; there was much meat left. The moon gods did not care for flesh so Zev could do as he pleased with it. And after having eaten his fill over the last week he had watched the coming and goings of the local wolves and decided he should find himself a pack, A front for his den, a place to call his own, a place to grow his herbs and contemplate his sacrifices as needed.

Most wolves didn’t mind ignoring his eccentricities as long as he offered his healing skills in exchange. And it was with this in mind that the large well fed brute hauled an entire bear haunch to the borders of the nearest pack which just happened to be this one… He lay the large portion of meat upon the ground and howled a greeting long and pronounced. He was not so close to the boarders to warrant attack but nor was he far enough away that one would have to guess his intent. Damned if he wasn’t going to have to find Oaktree Bend and dig up his old herb garden and transport eventually.

Slowly Zev sat as regally as he could despite his disheveled appearance and stared intently into the pack land incessantly and softly whisper chanting a mantra in a foreign tongue, one that he’d abruptly stop speaking the moment a wolf made themselves know to him.
(This post was last modified: Oct 19, 2018, 03:08 PM by Zev.)
Played by becca who has 60 posts.
Inactive Pup
SeeJay
guardian demonstration 1/3

i'm skin and bone

just a king on a rusty throne

She didn't like the voice of a stranger. She didn't like strangers in general. Especially after the last loner she had ran into. She grumbled and shuffled towards the borders, hoping she wouldn't be the first one there for once. Maybe @Morganna or even @Celandine would be there. Already reprimanding them for being here or something. Which seemed unlikely mentioning SeeJay had been there for the last loner Morganna had dealt with.

Her eyes squinted into hard and narrow slits. He was a big one, much bigger than the other loner. Fat too. SeeJay supposed she was lucky she was on her terf and not on neutral grounds. Granted even she was smarter than to go against someone who could easily squash her just by sitting on her. Although...well she was willing to bet she could outrun them.

"Who are ya?" She questioned with the same sharp tone she had asked the former loner with.

(This post was last modified: Oct 03, 2018, 08:44 PM by Kerberos.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
I edited this post added table and added to my post I was half asleep when I created it and it didn't make sense even to me

The brutes ears flipped towards the front of his skull, keen and alert his blackened jaw snapped shut with an audible click the moment he heard movement. His light blue near white eyes softened as a young wolfess placed her self before him.

His gaze flowed over her lithe form; but he did not assess her has an opponent or even as a male might assess a female, he assessed her for what satisfaction her body and blood might give the gods. He knew that her blood flowed smoothly in her veins; there was no illness that he could detect even as his nose subtly scented the air. He made note that she would possibly have great speed, something that she’d possess with her build and possibly attitude, her taught muscles and her steady breathing lending to him that this was more then likely the case. That she would be something the gods would desire to have placed before them he knew, they would be pleased should she be sacrificed to them.

His tongue slid along his lips swallowing a smirk and wiping expression from his face, softening it into neutrality. He made a mental note of her heart rate it was quick, possibly due to his proximity, but he didn’t think that was truly the case,

He dipped his head low in a respectful manner, Allowing his ears to relax as well, The brute did not lift his posture back up, so as to project himself as a non-threat for the time being.

He knew the dance of politics and he could play it well, he would be the lowest on any totem pole and even though he would not accept that he was lowest for long, he would act in the manner expected of him for now. And politics were nothing but rituals, and rituals were something he understood and performed without mistake. He knew she was not alpha but she was the first to arrive and her arrival would bode well then an alpha or at least a wolf who would accept his pledge to a pack would arrive

Zev lifted his paw then gave the hunk of meat a tiny shove, keeping his head low. This offering of bear meat was to prove without wasting words that he could be useful, the fact it was bear would be boastful in it’s own right.

He responded directly to her question as if there was no ill will or tone to it at all, he could care less about tone or inflection the only thing that mattered were the words, tones and inflections could create double meanings and sully the truth of the words if you were to listen to tone.

" I am a healer or sorts, One may call me Zev "

He offered her what she asked for, and he waited patiently for her next response, not speaking unless he was spoken too, for the time being.

(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2018, 01:17 AM by Zev. Edit Reason: added table and added to my post I was half asleep when I created it and it didn't make sense even to me )
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Guardian Dem 1/3

now i'll be bold, as well as strong

The change of the landscape pleased his eyes. On his morning walks he liked to take in the view and attempt to memorize it. If by a single moment he could save the picture, this feeling with the thousands of others he held. Autumn was a season to savor for as long as it lasted because in a blink it could be replaced. Something he felt the children wouldn't mind with the whispering of snow.

On this particular day they had a visitor, and he was pulled from his musings. Something that wasn't entirely unwelcome. The Scowle had been rather quiet and something from the routine was nice. From time to time.

Drifting in the stranger's direction he realized he was not the first to arrive. SeeJay the mild, dark haired child seem to have gotten a bit bolder lately. A thought he had conflicting feelings about. But the way this world worked he was glad to see her push forward. Following the rest of the Archers. But now who did they have on their doorstep?

The red and black hairs adorning his neck and shoulders raised. His head high with his tail while golden eyes swept over the gray fellow as if seeing through him. He'd already scented the bear meat and found the offering a little strange. It was the time of year bears were very competitive for food be fore they took their great sleep. Though it seemed he had something else to give. "Of sorts?" He questioned with a toss of his muzzle in the man's direction. A gesture to encourage him to go on as Ren left little doubt he was judging him from the falling tufts of hair, to his thick sides, and ghostly eyes.

and use my head alongside my heart
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Inactive Pup
SeeJay
guardian dem 2/3

i'm skin and bone

just a king on a rusty throne

If there was anything SeeJay hated more than coyotes, it was vague answers from loners. She was tired of the way they acted like sleuths and she was about ready to make that clear to this one until the voice of someone else broke in. Her jaw clenched as her orange eyes stayed narrowed with displeasure.

Her gaze only briefly roamed to Renier to acknowledge him and maybe give a look that passed some kind of greeting. She had never been particularly close to him when it came to the adults but he smelled of Morganna and vice versa. Which was good enough for her most days.

Her attention quickly drifted back to the big man though who gave vague answers. Did he plan on answering better now that an adult was present?

Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev

A ghost of a smile curled the brutes lips before he made his expression neutral. He closed his eyes and lowered in nose in deference to the pack as they gathered before him. By closing his eyes and leaving his ears relaxed he showed them he respected their territory and their judgment of him should they attack him. Slowly he opened his eyes careful to only look at the paws of the wolves before him, Not particularly caring whom was a alpha as long as there was a chance that one of the wolves before him could allow his use of the pack territory for his own. He made no move to stand or otherwise move. He softened his tone and voice, a gave himself a rich lilt to his voice, One that hinted of a strange yet somehow pleasant accent that might be good at story telling. I have not yet proven myself as a Medic in this part of the world. However; I shall Zev bobbed his head as if to cement his claim to rise to the title of Medic In answer to your… Zev paused briefly because he wasn’t truly asked by the as of yet unnamed male, just prodded prompting for more information, without the title I want to claim, I can only boast of my skills as a competent healer. I can not yet prove them. These wolves before him seemed rather quiet and standoffish which suited him very well, however he wasn’t going to get much further with them without being more forward in his desires upon them and their lands. With this in mind he considered them and what little he knew of these wolves as a whole and he understood he likely did not have to fully submit into order to join this pack. But he could not help himself, he could not leave a ritual uncompleted, even if his heart was not in it and he did not believe in it, he just could not leave a ritual uncompleted. Something in his psyche drove him to complete this political submissive ritual. One did not need to snivel or make themselves appear weak to submit. No he was far from sniveling and he was clearly far from weak, however the brute lay down to offer them the biggest advantage over him should they wish to drive him off. He kept his gaze low and spoke in the same rich lilt I would like a join this pack, and offer my skills in return. The Bear meat boasted of his cunning as a hunter and the conversation thus far leant toward other skills he had. He awaited their judgment calmly, keeping himself for all outward appearances calm and collected, but his inner turmoil was roiling unchecked.

(This post was last modified: Oct 19, 2018, 03:25 PM by Zev. Edit Reason: table added )
Played by Pinn who has 460 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

A tangle of scents and sounds drew Celandine away from the stunning rocks and out towards the borders. Her nose told her that SeeJay had come across a stranger, and that Renier was already there, so there was no point in rushing. Ren could handle himself just fine. 

She was able to catch the tail-end of the man's speech as she arrived, hearing only that he would like to join the pack, and offer up his skills as a healer, though he couldn't prove them. He was thicker than most of the loners she'd met, which meant that he knew how to feed himself, and the subtle hint of bear from the meat that lay before him didn't hurt. "Get up." They hardly made their subordinates display such levels of submission, unless someone needed to be reminded of their place, which wasn't often. "I'm sure we would be able to make use of you, skills or not. What was your name?"

Have you seen my OOC preferences?
[Image: YCWYGS9.png]
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Guardian Dem 2/3

now i'll be bold, as well as strong

He didn't glean much from the girl's look except maybe she wasn't impressed with this fellow. He wasn't necessarily either. He didn't care for talkers. Especially when his words were contradicting the other. There was something different about this guy. He'd never seen a wolf stand in such a manner, if ready to accept attack should he receive it. It was like the thought there might be a reason  for him to be prepared. Had he been attacked else where?

His ears pinned to his head after the man was finished speaking. "Skills you can not prove?" He rumbled back the loner's own words, doubt upon his face. Either he was a healer, or he wasn't. The Lyall didn't appreciate his lack of details as he'd asked. If it was his decision he would have probably chased the man off just by those reasons alone. Lucky for him it wasn't his decision. Celandine's scent reached him before she did, but he held his position. Still ready to take action as she spoke to the loner.

and use my head alongside my heart
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Inactive Pup
SeeJay
guardian dem 3/3

Her squinting seemed to lighten up some at the appearance of Celandine. The girl trusted the pale leader to handle this well enough and with the support of Renier she trusted this to go smoothly.

SeeJay moved back a bit but remained on the scene. She may have been young but life had already taught her how to be a scrapper and if this big guy got any ideas she wanted to be here. Especially because his words seemed to odd. How did he call himself a medic without proving it? Could anyone do that?

The thoughts settled uncomfortably in her mind but she kept her lips sealed.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
Zev’s eyes lifted to look upon the femme before him, clearly from his perspective this newest arrival to his call was the wolfess he had needed to seek the attention of.

She did not want the political ritual he had committed himself to, so with very little ceremony Zev stood, shook his large frame sending loose hairs flying in all directions, picked up his meat and brought it closer laying it at her feet. He may not have cared to continue following his ritualistic actions, but a gift was a gift and he would not to renege.

His voice still held a rich timber soft and inviting one designed to lull a sense of calm and made one want to listen and therefore subconsciously building a small inkling of trust, usually… I call myself ‘Zev’ Milady His new nickname for her would be the way he’d address her for most to the rest of his time within this pack. Not that she’d know that and nor would it change even if she gave him her name.

He realized with some small satisfaction he was a good inch possibly 2 inch’s taller then any of the wolves here and a fair deal heavier. But he did not throw his head up to magnify this affect, he remained calm and at ease, no matter the other males mistrusting reaction to him

Zev glanced at the male side long as he questioned him, although Zev thought he had been clear enough and grinned a grin designed to expose his slightly age browned teeth, I could demonstrate… if you wish His tongue started to slip between his teeth then withdrew back in his mouth before he could lick his lips.

He chuckled then and shook his head as if he were going to shake his whole body again, but stopped there. His action though served as a way to wipe the large grin from his face. His voice held seriousness and just a hint of humor Have no fear, when the time comes for my services, I will not fail
<p>

His smile was much more friendly as he returned his gaze to the alphess before him, Then to the abreviated ritual, finishing it with words rather then any more action I would be honored to call this place my home and this pack my family.
(This post was last modified: Oct 22, 2018, 12:25 AM by Zev. Edit Reason: Closeing tags, fixing some glaring grammar issues changed the wording of two sentences )