(See All?) Announcements
680 Users Online
Google, Bing

the world is ugly — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilith
I figure he's resting in the den, but I really don't want to assume his condition etc. Let me know if this doesn't work.
though i'm empty when you go

With a hunk of meat in her jaws, and ignoring her mind she followed her heart into the pack den. She'd already checked there was no one else, but her nose twitched again. Double checking the further she went inside. Thrill and guilt shifting beneath her dark pelt. It wasn't like she was doing anything bad but for once she just wanted his company. She didn't want to tiptoe around Leotie or the kids. She'd felt like everyone else had had their turn, wasn't it hers? With all the routines of the other Willow wolves she hoped she might get at least a moment before they were interrupted.

Clenching her teeth tighter into the flesh, mindfully she made her way to him. His familiar scent helping to push some doubt off her shoulders. His figure came into view and for a moment she stood there, taking him in. She was till unsettled by it all and yet marveled just like the day she'd met him. Unsurprised by his strength.

Did he know she was here? She couldn't quite tell if he was sleeping. If she should clear her throat, test the waters. But the daughter of the moon decided just standing there was a waste of time. She might not get what she came for if she didn't take it. All she wanted was a small piece.

Putting lunch aside, she drew closer as he still had ears and nose to tell him it was just her.

"Hey," she murmured for starts. Then with a sweep of her tail she got down onto the floor, crawling to him so she could sweep her nose through the long hairs of his neck. "How's today?" The question a soft whisper she wasn't scared to ask.

i just wanted you to know
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer

It was difficult to take it easy when the rest of his body remained strong and capable, with only his eyesight having failed him at all. The wounds themselves wouldn't have been so bad had they not hit those vital organs, but they had and now here he was, cooped up with so much energy and frustration pent up behind powerful muscles and jagged teeth. It had changed him, the event that had caused this, and in ways it was noticeable. Like bristling when approached, regardless of who it was.

His head lifted as his lips peeled back to show teeth, his left eye, strengthening every day, tracking the blurred shadow that was Lilith. Still she pressed closer, and he settled at her touch. None of it was personal, the aggression he was beginning to show. It was his only way of ensuring that they knew he was still capable, aware, prevalent. Blitz might have temporarily taken the title of alpha for the good of the pack, but Sven was still a crowned Archer, through and through.

"It's getting better," he admitted, leaning into her. Company always helped, gave him some outlet for the energy he wasn't allowed to expend.

"Not gonna have much of a face left if this shit keeps up, though."

It was a good thing Sven had never been as vain as his father.

Played by Switch who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilith
though i'm empty when you go

It couldn't be easy for him, staying so still. Waiting. Time dragging on  for his vision to get better, for his body to steady. But she had to believe it would. Hearing him say it did her a lot of good. Made  her feel more certain she was right to have come to see him all alone. "Getting a little clearer?"She took no offense to his new behavior. It was practical under circumstances. It was just...him. When it came down to it he had never done anything to hurt....on purpose. There was a faith there.

Appreciating his closeness, she began cleaning at the tufts of fur upon his cheek, mindful of healing wounds. Soft with her touch.Despite Blitz becoming leader she didn't see Sven as any less than what he was. Blitz only had it because of what had happened. Yeah the guy was all right, but it just felt odd to imagine him permanently keeping the position. Lilith liked how the two, Aunt and Nephew, worked together and yet... It wasn't the first time she wondered if there'd be a split. What if Blitz wanted to keep it as was the usual way?  How long would it take Sven to heal? Would things go back to how they were without a hitch? On the female side of things she couldn't imagine Leotie ever challenging for Ravenna's place. Could Lilith? Would that be what it took? She felt like she ought to keep all this to herself and did so. It wasn't the right time.

She wished they could go on a walk. He needed the sun, the moon. But she wasn't going to throw a wrench in Ravenna's works. Have Leotie get worried. Besides she wasn't exactly sure he ought to be meandering just yet, even with a guide. The coyotes scents were less but why take an unneeded risk? The more he reste the sooner he'd be on his feet for good.

Upon his comment she playfully began nibbling where she'd been grooming in her disapproval, letting out a rough sigh. "Good thing you're more than a face then, hmm?" She wouldn't have loved him any less but those words had no reason to come out. She went back to gently clearing loose hair from his coat almost to mention there was lunch for now or later. But she didn't. "Maybe soon we could take a real walk?" He knew himself best after all, and in the end it was his choice.

i just wanted you to know
[Image: g3SYtUY.png]