612 Users Online
Nori, Google, Bing

we've found a kind of paradise — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 241 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???
// @Jessie for some mother daughter time <3

Ris loved spending time with @Cancer and all, but sometimes she just needed to spend time with her foster mother. Jessie was one of - if not the - most important wolf in her childhood. Jessie had changed everything about her outcome - if she hadn't found her, she didn't want to know how she would've ended up. In all honesty, she might have even been some sort of psychopath.

She waited until about midday before she went out purposefully seeking the older wolf, but it wasn't too hard to find her.

Long legs brought Ris over to Jessie's side, and the girl waved her tail as she licked her foster mother's cheek. "I was won... wondering if you wanted to spe-spend time with me today. F-for a little while," she offered with a lopsided, hopeful smile.
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

It had been pure luck that Risaela and Jessie had run into one another that day over a year ago. It was anyone's guess as to what would have happened to the girl if she had just continued wondering around. Of course, there was always the possibility that she would have been found by the wolves Lachesis sent out, but Jessie doubted it considering just who they were. Incompetent fools. It was funny that although, at the end of that situation, Ris had left, she ended up back within the Fields, just where Jessie felt like she belonged.

The Rye Queen was going about her own business when Riseala's footsteps broke through the silence. The mother's ears perked and flickered, cupping in the direction that her surrogate daughter was approaching. A small smile curved on the monochrome woman's lips as the larger girl approached her, returning the sign of affection openly to the younger girl. "Of course," she responded quickly. Jessie always enjoyed spending time with Risaela. The young girl had always spoken with a stutter. The Rye Queen hoped that as she aged, it would fade but alas, it had not. Jessie had quickly learned to accept it and have patience when speaking with the girl. "How has the Rye been treating you?"

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???
Stop talking so fast. Think about the words before you say them, Ris reminded herself, knowing that the more excited and quicker she spoke, the more likely she was to stutter. And though she had never been outright picked on for talking like she did, she knew that it must wear down on the patience of her companions. And how could she be a good scout if she couldn’t even speak right?

”Really well,” she responded, tail swishing back and forth behind her as she stood beside her mother figure. ”I’m.... I’m sorry for not sleeping in the... in the c-communal den, but Can wanted space.” And Ris went where Can went. It was just a fact of life by that point.

Tipping her head to the side, colorless gaze settled on Jessie again. ”Are... you okay? How’ve you b-been?” she asked, brushing her muzzle along Jessie’s affectionately.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

The Rye Queen's tail swayed happily behind her, emerald gaze settled calmly on the girl in front of her. The mother's gaze warmed at Ris' words. It was nice to know that someone was enjoying their time in the Rye, that it felt like home. Grey ears flicked forward, a small smile forming on the woman's lips, "You never have to apologize for that. Some wolves prefer their privacy." Even she needed to sleep away from the communal den at times and she had come to accept that it was just something that needed to happen in order for her to maintain her sanity.

While Risaela was young, she was also very perceptive. Her question came as no shock to Jessie and the monochrome woman did not pull away from the affectionate touch of the young girl. A soft sigh left the woman's lips. While she put on a brave face for the countless numbers of trespassors and visitors Wild Rye Fields seemed to encounter, it took plenty of energy and Jessie could not always keep it up around her members. I'm surviving. I miss him, every day. But the pack needs me and I'm not going to wallow in self pity when I could be benefitting the pack by applying myself." It had always been duty over relationships with Jessie and while this loss tore her apart on the inside, thinking about it this way made it a little bit easier to manage.

Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???
It made Ris happy to know that her surrogate didn’t mind her being away from the pack den. She was a loyal Rye wolf - but she was also loyal to Can, and since he didn’t like being around so many other wolves, she was going to do what was best for him. It was difficult, her heart being torn in so many directions, but she was glad to know that Jessie understood. ”Thank you,” she said with a small smile, tail swishing lightly behind her as she spoke to the older wolf.

If there was anyone who understood death and being alone, it was Risaela. She had not been sure how Drestig died, but she knew how difficult it was to deal with the death of a loved one. Jessie did not pull away from her, and so she did not pull far away either. ”You’re v-very brave,” she said quietly, gray eyes softening slightly. Maybe one day, she would be able to be as brave as Jessie. ”You helped m-me when my mom died, s-so if you need help... coping, if you need me, I want to b-be there for you. If that’s okay...”
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

They sat there in silence for a moment, side by side, and Jessie just relished in the act of physical touch - something she often deprived herself of. When Ris spoke, Jessie's ear curved towards her to show that she was listening, but otherwise she remained facing the fields. The monochrome woman's eyebrows drew in together almost conflicted with how she should feel about it. Most of her members let her brood in silence and mourn in peace but Risaela had no problem butting her head in and in the sweetest way. When Jessie spoke, her voice was soft, "Thank you, Ris. That's very sweet."

She didn't move from her spot, emerald eyes looking over the dying fields, an indication that winter was coming. The fields that Drestig loved so much. "Drestig, he," she laughed sadly, "he helped me get through the death of my first love, your great uncle Hotei. That's where I get my Tainn name from. I feel like I would be doing Drestig and Hotei a disservice to him by wasting weeks of good work, y'know?" It was why she got up everyday and why she would continue getting up until she died.

(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2019, 07:06 AM by Jessie.)
Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???
Ris knee from experience that mourning alone was not the best plan, and she also knew that the hurt didn’t go away. Not entirely, anyway - it just got easier to handle over time. But Drestig hadn’t died long ago, from Ris’ understanding, and she admired Jessie for being so strong. Such a good leader and mother in spite of the pain she must be feeling.

The younger wolf just continued pressing against her side as they overlooked the Fields. Her attention became rapt again when Jessie spoke, and she smiled slightly. It was interesting that Jessie was related to her through mateship, even if it felt more like blood.

“How do you know when you’re in... in love?” she asked quietly, silver eyes flickering toward green.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Jessie's speech brought back many memories of her lovers, both of whom had cared for her deeply and fully until they died. Love was a curious thing. It remained with you, even when those who gave it to you were long-gone. That was probably why it hurt so damn much all the time. Risaela's voice broke the Queen from her train of thought, blinking at the unexpected question. The mother's eyes narrowed in thought, only having one guess as to who Risaela could be asking about. Why did everyone have to come to her for love advice? Well, at least her charge could nip this one in the tail quickly if it wasn't truly what it was.

The monochrome woman's voice was more stern this time around, "Well, it's different for everyone. But I find that, consistently, I'd do whatever I need to do for someone I love. Even kill." She had killed for Drestig, shortly after Silver's passing and she would not hesitate to kill for any of her children if they were in danger. It was in Jessie's nature and she had no problem doing what needed to be done. The Rye Queen turned her head to look at Risaela, this time her voice was softer, "And they'll listen to you, and make you a better wolf. If they don't make you better, then it's not worth it."