712 Users Online
Google, Bing

it’s time to begin — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 32 posts.
Inactive Pup
Staryn Eastfall
@Vareth ^^ //

The girl had been slightly perturbed by the black pup she’d encountered to the east, but had still pressed on. She’d been away from home for several days now, and she knew her mother would be worried, so as soon as she rested at the big water place she had just found, she planned on going back to the mountain for a while. Just so her mother didn’t think she had wandered off for food like Nash.

For once, the child didn’t call for her brother before leaning down to lap at the cool, refreshing water. She was beginning to worry she would never find him at all - that maybe he didn’t want to come home.

And it broke her heart.

Star sniffled and wiped her paw across her nose in an attempt to be tough, regardless of the fact that she doubted anyone was watching.
Played by Switch who has 44 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall
it's in my blood, it's in my water

Vareth was finding he liked the new color the leaves had turned. They were better that way. Bright, and bold. Making the world more lively. Especially with all the cloudy, gray days that seemed to drag on. Though he didn't really mind that either. He liked the fact that it was cooler now. That one day they might get to see this "snow" his father and mother had spoke of. Just like the landscape he was changing too.

His hair had gotten darker, and the red bits were a bit more prominent. He could no longer be packed around. In fact he was pretty sure it wouldn't be too long when he was as tall as his mother. The biggest change, his favorite were his eyes. They were like the changing leaves, but not matching colors. Each one it's own. A gift from his grandmother Lyall he believed.

As he sauntered round the lagoon he was thinking what it would been like to meet both of his grandmothers when from the corner of his eye he saw a tawny figure along the shore. He instantly hoped for a deer as he eased forward, quietly, all secret like. Instead it was not a fawn. It was another wolf girl. He was about to turn on his heal. Something looked wrong. Was she lost? He rather dismiss it all and walk off. Let her be someone else's problem as he was starting to be quite wary of girls. If he was ever lost he knew he'd appreciate the help. It wasn't like he couldn't easily call for another Scowle wolf. So he came out from hiding, and meandered over to her. "You're not hur' are ya?"  

i have been blessed with a wilder mind
Inactive Pup
Staryn Eastfall
Unfortunately for the Eastfall girl, there was a bystander bearing witness to her slight breakdown. Silvery green eyes flashed around to the figure that was approaching - a dark-furred boy with interesting gold and reddish eyes. He was a lot different from what she was used to seeing.

A leaf around the same color as her reddish fur drifted down between them, and she realized she had been spoken to.

”Um... I’m not hurt.” Not really anyway. Her shoulder still smarted where that other pup had bit her, but it wasn’t much of an issue. ”I’m, um... resting for a minute. I won’t bother you.”

At least, not much, anyway. ”Am I on your, uh... territory?” she inquired, tipping her head to the side.
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall

He paused as her green eyes fell on him. Yeah this was as close as he better get for now. She couldn't just jump on him from this distance as she didn't exactly look like she knew what she to do.

He noticed the leaf fall between them but he didn't take his eyes off the girl. That was always a mistake. Father had said so. "Oh," was the best he could say. He could relate to that. His legs could only get him so far until they hurt. So a question arose. "Where ya gunna go?" She clearly had to have some destination. Or he kinda hoped. She had to have come from somewhere.

"Oh no. You're not." Even if she was he highly doubted she'd be punished. If anything the rest of his family would help her. As strange as that might seem to others it was what they did. "You..you do know where you want to go...right?" His dark head cocked to the side, his brows brushed together because it was all a puzzle he wanted to figure out. It didn't occur to him he might be a rude question to ask just yet.  

(This post was last modified: Oct 11, 2018, 04:31 AM by Vareth.)
Inactive Pup
Staryn Eastfall
It seemed that both of them were equally confused at this meeting of sorts. At least he wasn’t biting her like the girl in the field was. And he didn’t seem the type to do so, either, so maybe this wasn’t such a bad idea. Maybe it was okay to talk to the boy for a while. It couldn’t hurt, could it...?

”Back to the mountains I guess,” she admitted, pressing her ears back dejectedly. ”I was lookin’ for my brother. He went off a while back and nobody knows where he’s at. M’Dad’s lookin’ for him too, but my mom’s the leader of my pack and she can’t go off.”

She didn’t want to go back. Not yet. But did she have much of a choice in the matter? No.

The girl thumped her tail once on the ground as she looked at the darker pup. ”M’Name’s Staryn, but Star is good too,” she introduced, figuring it would be polite. ”What’s your name?”
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You discover a half-eaten deer carcass. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall

The mountains? His eyes shifted to their daunting figures. Clear over there? What a ways to walk and alone? Though he wasn't accompanied by an adult he found it strange to meet other pups who were not. He was at least close to home. He could not imagine what his family would think if he'd took off to the mountain.

The girl continued to fill the quiet space so he didn't have to try. Telling him in some way why she was so far from home. Missing her brother. A single ear tipped back in sympathy even if it was hardly notable. He couldn't imagine life without Sedna and would be doing the same thin. "Has he been gone...that long?" He was afraid to ask but if he was gonna be any help it was probably a detail to know. "Why aren't you with your dad then?" Or was her dad bound to pop up any moment and take her away? Unmatched gaze shifted again as if he might materialize. On second thought wouldn't it have been better if she'd stayed with her mom.

When nothing happened he relaxed his posture, giving her his full attention once again. She had a pretty name he thought. "Vareth Archer-Lyall," he proudly proclaimed. Though he didn't feel the need to say he could go by just Vare.

"So what's your brother's name? Does he look...like you?" He couldn't look too far but with the way he was popping into pups it might be possible he met him. Couldn't it?

(This post was last modified: Oct 12, 2018, 04:27 AM by Vareth.)
Inactive Pup
Staryn Eastfall
Yeah, Moonshadow probably wasn’t okay with Star being gone so long, but she really couldn’t be too angry. It wasn’t like she was leaving forever and she wasn’t in any danger at all. Sure, that one girl had bit her, but that wasn’t a big deal. She would be back within the week - without Nash in tow, but still in one piece despite everything else.

”He’s been gone for months,” the pup replied, one ear folding down as she looked away. ”Sometimes I don’t think I’ll ever find him.” She looked up at his question about her dad and shrugged her shoulders. ”Because Dad woulda said no, so I had to go do this by myself.”

Vareth Archer-Lyall was a mouthful, and Star didn’t like that. It was a cool name, but too much to say out loud.

”You need a nickname,” she stated bluntly, her ears perking back up in mild excitement. ”Vee! Can I call you Vee?”

Green eyes looked around before landing on her new friend. ”M’brother’s name is Nash. He’s my size but has black fur. Our eyes are the same,” she explained, a small smile on her maw. ”He’s maybe a little bigger Than me now.” She paused a second before continuing. ”Do you have a brother?”
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall

The young pup could not hide the sad shift that went across his face. Months? Even as young as he was, he was pretty sure that wasn't good. He didn't think pups got so far, but he was starting to think he had no clue about such things. Questions arose but those would be the kind to ask his parents. Or his aunt. He was definitely going to tell them about this. Hold to the belief they could help and by extension he could too.

Why he thought about offering a word of comfort he didn't. It'd be pretty dumb to say things like you will find him, and he's okay somewhere. How would that help any way?

"That's brave of ya. But I guess I'd do the same." Though he couldn't exactly imagine his parents denying him from looking for Sedna if it came down to it. What he was still puzzling over was how her, and this brother were way out here. Another bad sign? Because they'd searched the mountain already with nothing to show for it.

A more scary thought cropped up. Had he just been wandering like Vareth had been these past days?

Since he was doing pretty good not to upset her he kinda hated to object to the name. But he couldn't quite control his face as it scrunched up in small displeasure. "Uh, maybe somethin' else?" Vee just wasn't something he wanted to hear.

"Nash. Black, green eyes. I'll tell my pack." He could remember this and chanted silently to himself along with her name Star. Though he planned to relay this information encase he forgot. Messed it up by over thinking "Um yeah a lot but they aren't here. Got a sister my age though and two cousins. So..a pack on a mountain huh?"  

Inactive Pup
Staryn Eastfall
Star gave a soft huff, overcompensating for her overwhelming feelings of uselessness as she stated, "Thanks. I am pretty brave." It wasn't something she said out of a feeling of confidence or cockiness. Instead, she was masking her insecurity and fear that she wasn't ever going to find him. That she would never see her brother again. That she would be all alone.

And it was terrifying.

"You don't like it?" she asked, tilting her head to the side and folding one ear down. "Then... what nickname would ya wanna have?" She was perfectly willing to change it if he requested, but she was curious as to why he didn't like it in the first place. But that wasn't really any of her business. "Maybe... Val? Because Vareth Archer-Lyall? V and an A and an L?" In all honesty, she was proud of her creation. "You can make one for me too. My last name is Eastfall."

Relief flooded her expression and she offered him a smile. "Thank you. Maybe with more people lookin', we could actually find him. Cause I can't really look everywhere all by m'self," she stated, tail beginning to swish behind her. Someone - this new friend - was willing to get his whole pack to help her look.

"Yeah, yeah. There's, like, three or four packs on the mountain, but mine's the best one. Fallen Tree Cove. I'm a Cove wolf," the girl chirruped proudly, greenish eyes alight with excitement. "M'mom's the leader, but my uncle Kajika is the other leader. My dad is the second in command, and then there's Birtie, and Silva, and Roland, and my other brother Chan. Birtie 'n Kajika have two pups too - Noah and Elwood," she explained in one breath, proud of her family and where she came from. Plus she felt a lot better now knowing that there were other wolves helping her search for Nash.