287 Users Online
Bing, Google, Aquene

Habits of My Heart — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn
@Mako | Continued from Pontchartrain

The sunset that brought them together had faded into a navy darkness, the sun replaced by a silver moon that hung low in the sky. A blanket of stars enveloped the world they shared, the thousands of faraway lights like tiny diamonds sparkling in the reflection of the waves that lapped along the bank. She laid with her side curled snugly into the curve of his, her cheek pressed against the nook beneath the line of his jaw. Somehow, it fit there perfectly.

How this came to be was hardly a mystery. It had been inexplicably easy, natural, even. It had taken her by surprise, but she embraced it in stride with everything she had. The few hours that had passed were ones that she was holding on to, ones that would be permanently branded into her mind and into her life. The butterflies that had swarmed in her belly were still there, though they now felt like they'd tucked away for the night, folding their wings to allow her to steady the beating of her heart. Truthfully, the feelings growing in her for Mako were frightening. What if this night was the last of its kind they would ever have? What if, when they went their separate ways, time and distance wedged their ways into their affections? Would he still feel the same about her when the sun rose tomorrow? Would she? Was there someone else in his life? Every part of her being was longing for every part of his tonight, and part of her was fairly certain that the longing would be there to stay. Somehow, she hoped it would be so.

Lyanna was silent as she inclined her snout to slowly run her nose against the soft, creamy fur of Mako's throat. There were so many lighthearted things she wanted to say to him, to share with him, to ask about and to ask of him. Yet, what a shame it would be to interrupt the contented quiet with even a whisper. So, instead, she breathed him in and let the beating of his heart lull her while it lasted.

(This post was last modified: Oct 22, 2018, 03:34 AM by Lyanna.)
Played by Kydnt who has 135 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
@Lyanna

Mako never imagined he would be so fortunate that something like this would happen to him, it was just too good to be true. It was unbelievable in the best of ways, that perhaps he might wake up tomorrow and find out that seeing Lyanna was just a pleasant dream that melted away in the morning light. But she seemed as solid and real as ever laying beside him under the starlight, the warmth of her flank contrasting with the cool touch of her nose against his neck. It grounded him, keeping his head from floating off too far into the clouds. He sighed contentedly, lowering his head to rest on top of her paws as he gazed up through his lashes at her. Outlined in the faint glow of moonlight, it was easy to imagine she was a goddess, or something else equally unreachable. 

Mako was loathe to ruin the quiet moment with his own worries, but his itching insecurities begged to be scratched. Was this just a night, a date, a distraction? Could he dare to hope for anything more? He just had to know, even if it wasn't an answer he would like. "Lyanna," He hummed, as he lifted his head, her name a delight on his tongue and he wished that he could leave it at that. Mako took a deep breath, urging himself to spit out his question before he lost his nerve. "What... What is this?" He asked softly.
Played by Allie who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

If he couldn't see the softened, tranquil, thoughtful expression on her face in the moonlight, she was quietly beaming. Lyanna watched as he laid his wide head upon her paws, took in the silver in the tips of the fur along his crown and the angles of his face. Maybe she was intoxicated by the way he was making her feel, but every little thing about Mako was just right.

Peering up at her with a question from behind those most familiar amber eyes, she affectionately grazed the edge of his ear with her teeth and took a moment to search for the words to give him an answer. To her, this was...well, the first thing that crossed her mind was that this was like home. This was overwhelming. This was the best thing, and it filled her up with happiness until she felt she would tremble. It was humbling. It was breathtaking. It was everything, and tonight, he was everything to her. For the millions of stars glimmering above them in the sea of a place so much bigger than this world, not one of them shone brighter than the light in her eyes when she looked at him. And for never having felt like this before, Lyanna knew exactly what this was. She knew exactly what it could be.

In that moment, she imagined what the dark mask on his face would look like years from now, speckled with white, and what his voice would sound like after he'd said her name a thousand times, and what his body would feel like when she'd nestled herself inside the curve of his belly hundreds of nights over. She imagined what it would be like to stand beside him in this very place after she'd lost track of how many seasons had come and gone, changing it, and if his song would become the undertone of hers in a cadence made to belong to them, sung against the melody of the fjord to put it to shame.

There was something timeless in her gaze as it met his then and she couldn’t help but to wonder if she’d lost her mind in a matter of hours or if this was truly as real as she perceived.

"This is beautiful," she murmured, a note of solemnity settling along her brows. "It's like...It's as if somehow you were made to fit into the pieces of me that I never knew were missing. I look at you and see so much more than your pretty face and charming smile and witty words. I look at you and see a world I could have never imagined, and, right now...somehow I dont even want to imagine a world, my world, without you in it. Singing to me through the sunset. It’s crazy." Lyanna's lips curved into that contented little grin, her heart torn open for him to see in some kind of ultimate vulnerability.

"Honestly, Mako...I don't know where you came from or how I ended up here with your head in my lap with a chest full of butterflies, but," Gods, it felt like it was going to explode, "I can promise you this. If this is what falling feels like, you've got me on my knees tonight."

Lyanna wasn't sure if the words she'd found were right, or appropriate, or if they were going to send him wheeling back to the Surge faster than an avalanche on the Dire, but they were honest and they were from the deepest parts of her. And then her little grin became a lopsided smile, and she had to throw one last thing in before her reverie of words settled down upon him.

"...Farts and all."

(This post was last modified: Nov 09, 2018, 06:23 PM by Lyanna.)