Google, Bing

spent too much money on a therapist — Nomads Pass 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
S for swears
You can't even slow me down

It had been awhile since his throat had strung like a bastard but he didn't mind. It meant winter was on the way, and he preferred it. Even if he was solo at the moment he figured it wouldn't be too difficult to join another pack. Though he wasn't set on the idea. Greer and Kyna were still in the back of his mind. After they settled he'd told them how he wanted to return here. Telling them goodbye. At least it had been the kind where there was the intention to return. So he was more hopeful he might find another loner to work with. A bachelor group wouldn't be all bad either. But he was beginning to wonder if he should have stayed on the west side of the mountain. Where things were familiar. There simply wasn't a whole lot of scents around these parts and he took it as a bad sign. A sign he shouldn't have come back to the Lore even. He'd lucked out finding a leader first thing, but this time?

Irritation wavered in a heavy sigh as he eased downward. His paws trying to avoid lose rock and yet clipping them all the same. His jaw was set, muscles rigid as he was focused on the last bit. It looked really messy and he didn't need an injury to start him off. Not again.

(This post was last modified: Oct 12, 2018, 07:04 AM by Summiter.)
Played by Hex who has 200 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
It looked like the coyotes had gone wherever they had come from because Solas had seen less and less of them and for that he was grateful. He didn't have to worry about them trying to take a chunk out of him when he was trying to sleep. Which was always a good thing. However, now that the pests were gone he had something else to consider. Winter was coming ever closer and he still hadn't found Tulip. He had two options as he saw it. Continue the search or go and find a pack to join to wait out the winter, and that could mean returning to the Cove.

Solas hadn't realized that he had slowly made his way back up the mountains until he heard the sounds of rocks slipping and sliding against one another. His head jerked up to find the source of the sound as a rock slid down next to his paw. A goat? No, they didn't come down this low. Maybe a deer that had been chased up the mountain, finally coming down. As he watched though he found that his guess was wrong. It was a wolf making his way down the rocky side. It didn't look like he had been spotted yet and the stranger looked like he was focusing rather intently on the task at hand.

The stormy man's gaze skimmed the rocks looking for a trail, or a path of some kind that the stranger could use. It took a moment but he found one, he had lots of practice after all.

If you angle to your right a bit and head down that way the rocks will be more stable. He called up hoping that he didn't scare them. He really didn't want to have to deal with a wounded wolf especially out in the middle of nowhere.
[Image: solas_sig_by_becuffin-dbocy7k.png]
[Image: vnuylcejuy1r9dyd_by_silversnake54-dc87n0m.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
Your sig scared the bejebbers out of me when it blinked. I was not prepared. xD Thanks for popping in !
S FOR SWEARS

He ought to have known when eyes were upon him. This was a task that required his maximum attention so when he heard a voice involuntarily his body twitched. Other than that he remained quite still. His steel-blue eyes finding the black and gray man on the other end. He was offering help. How nice. It was a time like this he thought maybe the world wasn't filled with assholes after all.

"All right, here goes," he called, a careless grin tight on his lips. It took something to trust in a stranger. A little blind hope, and a dash of stupidity maybe?

Taking another step, his paw slid downward, the other one following. Your right, he repeated, making baby steps that way. Like the man had said eventually the rocks remained, and more easily he made it down the incline.

"Thanks stranger." There was a beat or two of his tail, that silly smile on his face. "Did ya just get down yourself or you gotta go the opposite way?" They were of similar stature though he'd bet the stranger outweighed him. Summit had missed a few meals himself. "Names Summit. There even packs over here?" Cause so far it seemed this guy was as alone as he was.

(This post was last modified: Oct 16, 2018, 04:16 AM by Summiter.)
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
OOC: I'm sorry but I find that hilarious XD and your welcome

From where he was standing Solas could only watch as the stranger seemed to tense up at the sound of his voice. He was only glad that the reaction wasn't worse because if they had ended up sliding down the side of the slope the stormy man was right in the way. Which would make for two injured wolves instead of one.

All right, here goes. Solas sighed with relief. The stranger was going to follow what he said and as long as he kept his footing he would be fine. All that was left for him to do was to see if they actually made it down without tripping over their own feet. Goldeyes tracked the progress until the silver-toned wolf was before him with thanks on his lips.

Solas let a faint grin cross his face amused by the fact that they appeared to be the same height. I'm heading up and around the mountains, not through them. He had checked the mountains first so now he wanted to go around them. Plus, if anything else, he was a little bit curious about the areas near here since he hadn't really come this way before. Solas and if you're looking for packs there are a couple along the mountains that you might have missed otherwise i'm not very familiar with the forests on this side but there is a pack to the East of us.

This was the second wolf to ask him about packs. Was there something happening that he should know about or was it just a loner's curiosity? He considered the other man before figuring he could probably just ask.

Are you looking for a pack to join?
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You discover a half-eaten deer carcass. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Summiter

Around the mountain? That just seemed like it'd take a lot longer so he didn't bother to hide his puzzlement. "How are you going to do that?" If he came this way again a shortcut would be nice. Especially if snow had found its way to them. Right now he didn't want to think about turning around. He just got here.

There were more mountain packs? "Who'd a thought." It seemed tempting to seek them as he preferred the mountain. He was enjoying his freedom too much to actually do it now. Packs were onerous. The man continued, supplying him with the information he wanted. There was another pack to the east. Had he just come from that way? Unbothered by his question he shrugged his shoulders."Probably eventually. Winter has a way of making others necessary who know. What about you? You planning to?" His coat seemed as blank as Summit's own. It wasn't the only thing that caught him by the nose. "Smell that?" There was a carcass somewhere, and though he rather not share at this point how could he hide it?

(This post was last modified: Oct 23, 2018, 05:15 PM by Summiter.)
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
Maybe going around the mountain looked like a bad or idiotic thing to do in the eyes of others if the puzzled expression on the Summiter's face was anything to go by. Solas knew this mountain though and even if he hadn't traveled to the very edges of it he didn't believe it went that far North. There weren't any more peaks that he had seen when he had climbed its sides. Regardless he knew Tulip wasn't on the mountain so that left the areas around it. I'm just going to keep going around it in the forests below. Solas responded with a shrug not realizing that Summiter's thought he was talking about shortcuts.

It looked like the silver wolf had missed the packs in his travels if his response was truthful. The Cove was hidden by the lake and The Tarn was essentially on the other side of the mountain it wasn't surprising that they had been missed. Then there was the pack further south but Solas didn't know if that would have been on the silver wolf's path or not.

Winter did make packs more keen on filling their numbers. Honestly I haven't decided yet. He might consider himself a Cove wolf still but he knew that he was effectively a loner and that was what everyone else would see as well. Grateful for some distraction Solas lifted his head to inhale. Yeah, I do. Might make for a quick meal if nothing else. Who knew how much of the kill was actually left. A couple of remaining coyotes might be there cleaning it up already leaving them with nothing but scraps. Solas moved in the direction of the scent one ear on Summiter.
(This post was last modified: Oct 19, 2018, 10:56 PM by Solas.)
Inactive No Rank
Summiter

"Oh." That sounded pretty time consuming. He hadn't traveled far enough to know where the mountain chain ended to just stick to the lands below. "Have ya done that a lot?" Maybe he was wrong but he was under the impression he'd lived here a lot longer than he had.

"Don't like any or what?" There was a tease to his question.

Moving toward the carcass it was actually deserted. That was a little strange. "Surprised there's no coyotes on it. Hell, I like this place already if it means less of them." He drew closer, inspecting it with his nose. It was a bit old. Better than nothing. "Have a preference?"

(This post was last modified: Oct 24, 2018, 08:27 PM by Summiter.)
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
He didn't need to even consider the question that was asked of him. No I haven't, normally I would just go through the mountains. The mountains weren't a mystery to him and he had spent enough time in them to understand these mountains in particular. The stormy man might not know their exact length but they felt comfortable to him.

It's not that I don't like any. Solas responded back tone suddenly turning weary. I used to live a bit to the south in these mountains with one of the packs, and I probably would still be there except I'm looking for one of our members. Her name is Tulip, black fur, yellow eyes, and small in size. Have you seen her? He looked to his companion not really expecting him to say that he had. He wanted to be hopeful but every day that had gone by had whittled it away he felt like all he had left was threads to hang on by.

Once they reached the source of the smell Solas was surprised to see it rather vacant. With how many coyotes that had been around, he would have expected them to be swarming all over it. His thoughts were voiced by Summiter. It's almost a bit concerning. Nice, but concerning Was there perhaps another predator in the area that had kept them at bay? Inhaling deeply as he looked around he noted that there wasn't anything that would lead to proving that theory.

I'm not a picky eater. I'll take what you don't want and besides you noticed it first. Living as a loner for any amount of time would make sure that you weren't picky. Plus, as long as he got a free meal he didn't really mind eating what Summiter didn't want. If he was still hungry later he could always go on the hunt for a rabbit or some other small creature.
(This post was last modified: Oct 24, 2018, 06:18 AM by Solas.)
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
Up to you if you want to continue or fade out? I'm good either way.

Frowning, he shook his head."Sorry, I haven't. If I do how'd I get word to you?" The man had probably looked over here, thus why he was returning the other way. Summiter planned to do his own wandering. How long had she been gone? Was she young? "How old is she?" He added, oddly wanting to help. Or maybe just trying to add information to the list should he encounter such a wolf.

"I wouldn't touch if a cat had burried it," he mentioned with a twisted smirk,his eyes flicking back and fourth as if he could summon one upon the word. Damn creatures any way. They'd always been his least favorite of things. He supposed they were to most wolves. Though grizzlies were in a category all their own. "Very well," he murmured wondering if this guy really didn't care or he was just particularly polite all the time. Kinda boring, but right now it worked in his favor. He wasn't in shape to fight over a piece of meat. Licking his lips he began picking the flesh from the ribs. It took a few digs but he got a decent piece and stepped back for Solas to take what he would. It was probably time to get going.

(This post was last modified: Nov 08, 2018, 08:22 PM by Summiter. Edit Reason: typo )