Google, Bing, Miriam

growl, sleep, repeat — Dastard's Rapids 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: small starter :( sorry

you draw blood just to taste it

Great. The water was beginning to freeze over. The temperature had steadily been dropping, the end of autumn upon the woods. Vaken had been in denial, ignoring it for the most part. He turned a blind eye to the occasional snow fall, pretended not to notice his winter coat coming in. He was fluffier than normal, his shaggy fur extra bulkly. The yearling felt his stomach drop. Winter was coming. His second winter, but completely without his mother, his brother. He didn’t have anyone else to rely on. He felt a cramp in his gut, the nerves of having to survive alone. He was a lone wolf, through and through- but this? He hadn’t done it before. He wasn’t sure it could be done.

He had options. He could join a pack, but would he even be able to do that? Could he genuinely expose his throat to another wolf, to let another lead over him? No way. His upper lip was beginning to raise just at the idea. He was snarling at nothing, foolishly. He dropped it, clawed aimlessly at the dirt for a few minutes, then took a seat and grunted.

you hold bones just to break them
(This post was last modified: Oct 21, 2018, 06:13 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Wolfsong who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
Ferreiran spotted a black and red form sitting on the ground, and his spirits soared. His old friend was looking better than ever. The recent absence of the coyotes seemed to have done wonders for him. He could see wiry muscle under the male's coat, and the marks covering his flesh from fights had disappeared. But despite his strength, he seemed worried.

"Hey," the dark male chirped quietly in greeting. "What's wrong?" His tail wagged gently. He hoped he could cheer his friend up. The chilly air brushed at his fur, and Ferreiran wondered if that was the problem. It was getting colder and colder as the days went by.
Have you read my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

Vaken hadn’t been expecting his buddy, but it was well received. He gave a sharp mrrrpt of pleasure, inviting his pal to take a seat with the wave of his tail. Ferreiran was one of the only wolves in the lore that the yearling could stand. Sure, they had fought once or twice, but never serious. He was a brother to the small boy. The two of them were fairly close, bumping into each other and travelling once in awhile. It was refreshing to have someone like that around. Affectionately, the scruffy multi furred wolf reached out with his muzzle and placed it lovingly along Ferreiran’s cheek. “I’ve missed you,” he admitted softly.

It wasn’t often that the sarcastic boy was genuine and soft. He was feeling more sensitive than usual today, so the words slipped out. He reached out with his tail and patted Ferreiran’s back, offering him a welcoming grin. “Winter is coming,” he added, almost as a second thought. His eyes became more dull at this concept, losing their healthy shine. It was apparent he was scared. “If I ever made a pack, would ya want to join? Ya know,” he fumbled for the right words. “As my second in command?”

Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
He returned Vaken's light caress with a purr, before sitting. Ferreiran was glad he'd found the lore. Here was his first and only real friend. Life had changed in the summer since he had left his parents, and he had to say it was for the better.

Then Vaken spoke of winter. The dark boy nodded solemnly. He hadn't thought much about it but the cold was getting alarming. It wasn't going to be long until the loner's lifestyle could be deadly. He had gained a few skills at interacting with other wolves, but joining a pack was still an uncomfortable option for him. The question startled him a little. "Starting a pack?" he asked. "Are you sure?" What he said next was stranger still. He honestly didn't know what his answer was. If joining a pack was a tough decision, being second was even more uncomfortable. He'd grown in a pack composed of his mother, father, and two brothers, and he had been obviously the lowest there. "Maybe," he said finally. It really depended on the other wolves involved.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young fawn has gotten separated from its herd. Hunt Opportunity, +8 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

That really was all Vaken could have asked for. It was a ridiculous idea, starting his own pack, but it brought some comfort to discuss it with his friend. Vaken was young, inexperienced, too rambunctious and irresponsible to be a leader, but he wanted the numbers. Maybe not this winter, but soon. When the black wolf asked if Vaken was serious, he gave an uncertain laughing hmph of doubt. He wasn’t sure of anything. He wasn’t quite ready for the job, but that didn’t leave too many options. He flopped his shoulders down, dismissing the idea. “I don’t know Fer,” he sulked. Things were so complicated. “I don’t want to join a pack.”

He hadn’t met any packs that he truly liked. Most pack wolves were jerks, dumb brutes. “Being ringleader would be different. I could do what I want still, but have security.” He licked his lips unsurely, glancing around. He’d make his own rules. His pack would be free to travel, but always have a place to call home. He’d be a brave but reckless leader, still young and set in his ways. The idea was both exciting and scary.

He could see the small fawn in the distance, but his heart wasn’t interested. If Ferreiran was hungry he’d get up and help, but he wasn’t going to initiate the hunt. Instead, he turned his attention back to the black wolf and gave a heartfelt unsure smile. “I wouldn’t let anyone in if they weren’t tough,” he added. “Wolves like you and me. Rogues, loners. Doesn’t that sound nice?” He gave a long wistful sigh.

(This post was last modified: Oct 21, 2018, 07:24 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
“I don’t want to join a pack.” Ferreiran understood Vaken's statement. It would be suicide to try to tackle winter as a loner, but he was too attached to his freedom to join a pack. Creating a pack seemed like the only option left. He could almost believe in the pack his friend thought of. Doing what you wanted, but still having the protection of a pack sounded like a miracle. But if anyone could do it, his friend could. 

He didn't care so much if the wolves were tough. He almost wished they weren't, not convinced that he could fight off any challengers. But if he trained, and became strong, he might just make a good second. Speaking of which, he stood up. "I won't be able to defend my rank if I don't get stronger. You up for training?
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: scuffle 1/3

Up for training? Always. The boy got up without hesitation, offering Ferreiran a playful snarl. He loved a good scuffle. He’d been learning a lot from Garmir, getting stronger with each day. It was a good way to gain muscle and build strategy, two things the boy knew he needed if he wanted to lead a pack one day. He sunk his paws into the ground and grunted, a sign of approval for Ferreiran to charge at him when he was ready.

The boy was determined to hold his ground. He turned his focus like a flick of a switch, casual conversation over. He wanted to fight now. The two were good matches, both small and frame. Neither of them would draw blood, but they’d push each other around for quite a bit. It would be like a dance- actions and reactions. His tail raised instinctively, a playful challenge. “Take your best shot,”

(This post was last modified: Oct 24, 2018, 01:23 AM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Ferreiran Morse
The dark male smiled a little nervously. He didn't know how much the scruffy boy had trained since the last time they had scuffled. Again he surveyed the Svart's body. It was a far cry from the half-starved wound-covered loner of the previous summer. Shows what coyotes could do. If they had come in winter, a lot more wolves would have died. Now he was strong and healthy. He reminded himself that Vaken would never try to hurt him and lowered himself to attack. It was just a training battle.

Ferreiran knew Vaken's worst fault in fighting, the difficulty he had with staying on his feet, from the last time they had trained together. So once he was ready, he charged forward, aiming to hit his right shoulder against his friend's left.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: scuffle 3/3

The impact was pretty solid, shoulder hitting shoulder. Vaken took a sharp intake of air, stepped back once before sinking his claws into the ground. He managed to keep himself up-right, but barely. If Ferreiran weighed more, the small yearling surely would have soared back. He grunted, straightened himself out then burst into laughter. “I have to get better on that,” he admitted, shaking his head. Clearly Ferreiran knew it was his weakness and was using it against him. Clever.

Playfully returning to the fight, Vaken jerked his weight left and right, trying to distract his friend. His expression was light and teasing-  his body expression almost singing: which way am I gonna go? Before he raced forward, from the left, and tried to tackle the small black wolf in front of him.

(This post was last modified: Oct 24, 2018, 01:23 AM by Vaken.)