(See All?) Announcements
574 Users Online
Google, Vili, Bing

telescope — Pasos al Cielo 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Summiter

He couldn't quite keep away from the mountain. It was just something that brought him a sense of comfort by familiarity. So today he kept it in his sight. His silver-blue eyes shifted along its stoney face. He'd loathed being a plains wolf for more than just his uncle. The ground was too open, endless, unchallenging. The pack exposed and vulnerable in his eyes. If he had some kind of gumption he might just stake his own claim but a pack was not made of one wolf. With a twitch of his tail he continued his pace. He wasn't ready to climb again...not yet. There were other scents around here. Another pack by their familiarity. He wasn't sure where they lived but maybe he'd find out.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He tried not to stray too far from the Surge but sometimes he could not control his paws. It had been awhile since he had stretched his legs beyond the mountain forest and he craved some new scenery. The northern borders were heavily patrolled by his subordinates; therefore, Lachesis knew he did not have to worry about leaving his pack for a few hours. Just a quick trip to satisfy his wanderlust needs and scout for some herbs (and food) for the colder months. Winter would be upon them before he knew it and Lachesis wanted to be prepared.

His nose quivered at the scent of another as his chartreuse gaze searched the rugged terrain for something that did not belong. A flash of ashen fur caught his attention and caused him to change his direction. Lost? He called out to the dark stranger as a friendly smile rolled onto his pale maw. It had been awhile since he had met a stranger. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Summiter

Maybe the spirits took pity on him as a white wolf caught the corner of his eye. Inquiring if he was lost. He smirked, his tail slowly wagging as he faced the oncoming gentleman. His attempt at friendliness. He needed some kind of help. Even if he wasn't sure what kind exactly he would accept. "Yeah, never been over here before," he admitted. Trying to bluff knowledge of a foreign land was just stupid. Others would catch on rather swiftly and it wouldn't do the mountain wolf any good. This man smelled like the trails he had come across and it was clear this sparked his attention."So are you part of the packs that live on the mountain?" He kinda doubted it, but when speaking with a stranger you had to start somewhere, and this guy seemed like the kind who helped others.

(This post was last modified: Nov 08, 2018, 12:17 AM by Summiter. Edit Reason: you twice >.< )
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The ghost nodded softly at the stranger’s response, his expression neutral as he scanned their rugged surroundings. It had been too long since he had ventured west to the fjord, but at least he was more familiar with the terrain than the charcoal wolf was. But the male looked as though he was built for the mountains; a stocky yet nimble physique. He looked as though he belonged on the mountain despite his lost expression. It’s a little daunting, he hummed in response as a small smile pulled at the corners of his mouth. Daunting but welcoming. It was why Lachesis had chosen to stay so close to the mountain.

Yes, he responded with a second nod before motioning over his shoulder with a soft flick of his nose, Sort of. We reside at the base of the mountain along one of the rivers. Driftwood Surge. Lachesis did not always like announcing that he was the leader of a pack at the start of every conversation. It seemed a little… obnoxious? Un-Lachesis? I assume you’re not from one of the local packs…?

Inactive No Rank
Summiter

"You can say that again, doesn't look real," he replied, marveled by the fierce beauty of this new landscape. It made him wonder what he might see beyond it. But the idea of being even further from the familiar mountain didn't set well with him. It meant he'd be much further from reuniting with his last pack.

He didn't want to think about that, so he didn't. As his eyes came to rest on the stranger, he tried to feel at ease with the faint smile he wore. Maybe, it was just the look about him. His large paws, and spindly legs. Summit felt despite him being older maybe he  wasn't as sharpened harshly by the world as others may have been.

"Huh, sounds like a nice spot." His dark facade was thoughtful, imagining maybe they had the mountain and the river for protection and resource. "Been trying to find a black river myself." Though he wasn't as earnest about it as he had been. Still if he was going to stick the winter out here it'd be nice.

Upon question his ears twitched back, and once he realized he'd been holding his lip he forced it out. "Not exactly. I use to be down south but they moved on a count of the coyotes.....I tried to make sure they got settled before coming back. Every day I wonder if I really have ought to." There was a thin smile then, a bit of the guilt. A bit of awkwardness in sharing it. "I had this feeling I need to be here, but I'm starting to think maybe I'm just up in the night." There was his smirk again. His way of "laughing" at himself. He wanted to change the subject from him. "So does yours treat you well?" It wasn't like he didn't entertain the thought of joining another. He only wasn't sure if he could sign up a second time and be as lucky as the first. Joining and leaving packs frequently wasn't a wolf others wanted.

(This post was last modified: Nov 08, 2018, 09:23 PM by Summiter.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You smell the remains of an elk nearby. Enjoy your feast! +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

His smile widened at the male’s comment and he nodded in response. The northern mountains were something else. Not at all like the rugged landscape of the tundra Lachesis had been born into, but spectacular in its own way. If he had not been so fond of rivers and lakes Lachesis would have decided to call the mountainside home, but the forest along the base of the rock would suffice. The ghost was partial to the water as he had always excelled in the fishing department, and medicinal plants were commonly found along the edges of rivers (and lakes). The best of both worlds.

His ears cupped forward as his brows pinched tight with curiosity. A black river? He quizzed with a soft tilt of his head, his expression neutral as he studied the dark strange. XIX had not encountered such a river, even though the Surge was fairly dark in colour during the colder months. Was this a river that resided in the lands of Lore—one that he had not yet stumbled upon—or would the stranger have to vacate the territory in order to find what he was looking for?

He listened, patiently, to the dark loner as he responded to Lachesis’ question with unblemished honesty. The rogue mentioned living south and leaving, temporarily, to relocate his former pack before returning to the Lore. The ghost nodded once more, his chin tipping softly to the side. This place has a way of keeping us here, he mused with a crooked grin as his tail swayed behind him. Where was this pack before they moved…? He inquired, as he could not help but wonder if it was a pack he was familiar with during his time in the south. More specifically Willow Ridge.

So does yours treat you well? His smile widened. Well enough, he hummed, the smile still present on his pale features. I would hope so, anyway. The Surge is a small, tight group of wolves; a family. I have shuffled enough across the Lore to know that it's where I am supposed to be.

Inactive No Rank
Summiter

Looked like he probably wasn't gonna find one here either. Oh well. The black river could be as dangerous as it was giving. "It looks like a river, bends and width, but  when you touch its surface it's hard as stone all year round. I had one where I was raised and if we got lucky we found prey already killed along it. It also kept us safe from a rival pack. They wouldn't go near it." He wasn't sure how else to describe it. It didn't necessarily matter since he probably would never see one again. He was never going back to the Pass.

He didn't see any judgement in those green eyes, but he wasn't sure if he should trust there was none. A self preservation instinct of sorts. By his grin it seemed he could relate, and the mountain wolf wondered what story was there. If he'd had to make the same choice and what had come from it. "You too huh?" Was the most forward he could be. His next question he wondered if it was him being polite, or his own curiosity."Round Riddle Heights." Now his expression looked lost again. "You lived over there before?" There was no harm in asking right? In less this guy had a really terrible reason for being over here. As the thought hit him it was too late to take it back, and his face crinkled sheepishly. Obviously he'd understand if he didn't want to tell him.

He described it as a pack should be and he saw little reason not to believe that. There was no uncertainty about his choice and Summit was envious. What was that like? Would he ever feel that way about anything? Those kind of thoughts were his least favorite and he flicked them away. "Lucky you," he replied, with a smirk. There was no bitterness, but maybe the tiniest bit of sadness. He attempted to cover that up, biting his lip again, a question obviously burning in his mouth. What would he really be out of if he asked it and got a no? "Does that mean they aren't open to outsiders?" I'm not the sort they'd want.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

His ears twitched with intrigue as the charcoal male spoke, describing the black river in detail. But, unfortunately, Lachesis had never seen such a river before (although he would have liked to). He was curious as to where this river existed and if there was one hidden within the Lore. The ghost had explored most of the lands since he arrived from the north five years ago, but there were still some territories that remained a mystery. Perhaps, one day, when Lachesis grew weary of leading and knew that his days were coming to an end, he would seek out the territories untouched by his paws… Perhaps then he would stumble upon the black river that the stranger spoke of.

He shook his head softly, a small frown causing the corners of his mouth to fall. Afraid I haven’t seen one, he started, his brows furrowing as he spoke, but that does not mean that it does not exist in the Lore. He paused, his chin tilting to the side: Was yours in the mountains or in a forest? It may help narrow down the territories the male needed to sift through to find the river.

You too huh? His frown immediately turned to a smile as he nodded in response. He had not expected to stay when he had come down from the north but he was glad he had. The Reserve, while it had been safe, had not been a home. It was not where he was meant to be.

Round Riddle heights… His ears twitched at the name. It had been sometime since he had crossed over the mountain into the heights… not since he had lived in Cut Rock and gone searching for Anastasia… Close to it. I have lived on both the eastern and western side of the Heights before heading north. I was fond of the mountains but it is a little crowded. It was why he (and Maksim) had been partial to the Kingswood. Aside from the Whitestone wolves, they were the only wolves to settle in the Expanse (before Wild Rye arrived).

His smile widened as the charcoal male spoke once more, asking if the Surge was open to outsiders. Of course we are, he laughed softly, his expression remaining neutral. Just wary—wolves have come and gone after pledging their loyalty. He shrugged but his warm expression remained. There was a lot to see in the Lore; sometimes he did not blame newcomers for their wandering paws. But it was still unsettling for the Alpha.

(This post was last modified: Dec 08, 2018, 04:56 AM by Lachesis.)