Google, Bing

don't sit down 'cause I've moved your chair — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: for @Jenessa takes place after this thread

when I'm bad I'm better

Vaken placed his front paws both in the water, his head forward and eyes narrowed. The sour grapes were temporarily gone, replaced with a ridiculous amount of competitive drive. He wanted to win more than anything, it was consuming him. He was focused, concentrating on the task at hand. The black fur on his forehead creased down, making his face even more stern and serious than usual. He was ready.

He didn’t question for a second if what he was doing was embarrassing or not. He was barely a yearling, his second birthday approaching, months older than the pup beside him. He was too old to be acting so childishly. Regardless, he was an impulsive emotional boy with a mean streak. He was treating her like he would treat anyone else. He wanted to win, slam her dance in the mud and laugh. He was planning on it. “I hope you cry when you lose,” he hissed, keeping his eyes trained forward, waiting for her cue.

(This post was last modified: Nov 02, 2018, 11:24 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Alice who has 102 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn

Jenny side eyed the yearling, not at all fazed by his obvious attempt at provoking her. Did she really seem like the sort to cry? She'd do it to make a scene, to get what she wanted but because she lost a little game? Nah. Such a display wouldn't work on him anyway, he was clearly too rough for that, calloused and uncaring. Crocodile tears only worked on certain people, family and friends mostly, of which he was neither.

Little did he know though, was that Jenny had grown up around water. She'd spent so many hours swimming around in the Tarn that by her standards she was a pro, the best of the best, a water snake in wolf's clothing. He didn't look the swimming type at all, all scrawny legs and scruffy fur. Yeah, this was gonna be easy-peasy. She didn't even give him the satisfaction of a clap back, she simply waded in till they were side by side. Another step forward and she'd have to swim.

"To that tree." She said, gesturing to the sagging tree that was a fair distance away. Not so far that their race would be a marathon but not so close that they would make it to the finishing line in barely a paddle or three. "Ready. Set. Go!"

And they were off!

Jenny kicked ahead, paddling hard as her body cut through the water. She held her head high, legs moving in a steady one, two, three, four rhythm. Over and over, again and again. She felt the familiar burn in her muscles as she kicked on, she was young and wasn't at full strength but this was the sort of ache she liked. Instead of slowing her down it spurred her on, she'd win and she'd have this grumpy dude under her paw in no time at all!

[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9d88.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

On land, Vaken was quick. In water? It was iffy. He didn’t swim much. It wasn’t something he was bad at per say, but he wasn’t gifted. He pushed himself as hard as he could, maintaining his place right beside Jenessa. He had underestimated her. He had assumed superiority over a child based solely off age. It was a realization he had after his first few paddles, straining his neck out to try and hold it above water. He still had a chance.

He kicked harder with his back legs, propelling himself a few feet with outstretched front paws. His technique was not as crafted as the black wolf’s. He was merely doing whatever it took to take the lead. He pushed his weight against the water, his muscles tensed. That’s when the cramp kicked in. He had been clenching his muscles far too much, the nerves in his back right leg jolted. The pain was excruciating. He instantly lost his stride, nearly stopping all together to hiss at the feeling. It was impossible to push through it, but he tried. Keeping the cramped leg as still as possible, he used his front paws more harshly in an attempt to drag himself to the finish line. He was doomed. He refused to admit it, fighting till the bitter end. If he could just catch up, if the cramp could just go away, he could win. It ached harder with each paddle he kicked, a painful reminder of his bad luck. “I have a cramp,” he growled, his head lifted to the sky. He was struggling to keep it above water. “This isn’t fair!”

Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn

Jenny snuck ahead, only by a few inches but it counted! Victory was in sight, just a little further! And then the loner faltered and he was left behind in the wake of Jenny's splashes. She didn't bother to check why he'd slooowed down, it didn't even matter really. All she cared that she was about to win, just a few more kicks and she would be reigning supreme! With a big grin Jenny crossed the invisible line and lifted her head back as she let out a hoot in celebration. She'd did it! Yes yes yes!

She tread water as her ears flicked forward, oh he had a cramp? Her grin was wicked as she paddled her way to the shore so that her paws could reach the bottom. Behind her, her tail waved a mile a minute, all flicky and boisterous. Even if he was telling the truth- though she doubted he was- she'd won fair and square. Wasn't her fault he was a no good swimmer.

"Awww no." She then tipped her head to the side a little, he really did look like he was having trouble. As naughty as she was, she didn't take a lot of pleasure from watching him struggle like that. There was only so much amusement she could gain at his expense. "I won, you can get out nowww."

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

“I’m trying!” He shouted back angrily, splashing at the water with his front paws. He was getting his face wet now from the paddling, droplets flicking up onto the fur. He didn’t want her ordering him around. Her happiness was salt in his wounds, a reminder that he had lost. He didn’t want to look at her. She was so smug and entitled. It had driven him crazy the day he first met her, and now? He felt powerless to it. He didn’t have any other choice. He was only digging his grave deeper, trying to fight against nature. The world seemed to be on her side.

He kicked his back leg once, pushing himself forward before wincing in pain. The cramp only raged on harder, fighting him back. He paddled more with his front paws, head outstretched. He was having a rough time. “Not as easy as it looks,” he added, his voice losing venom. He couldn’t blame her for this. He wanted to- but it was just bad luck. He was getting closer now. He didn’t try and use the cramped leg, keeping it still and heavy beneath him. He used his other three paws to get forward. “Don’t try and help me or anything,” he rumbled sarcastically.

(This post was last modified: Nov 21, 2018, 12:07 AM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn

He was trying? Jenny supposed he was, there was certainly a lot of splashing and not the fun kind either. It was clear to see that he really was struggling to stay afloat, that maybe the situation was a little more serious than she's first assumed. She was gonna help him, then he had to get all mouthy about it. Her brows smushed together as she puffed out a sigh, what a pain! Pacing to the side she grabbed a hold of a long, thick branch and held it out. Ooof, it was heavy! She wouldn't be able to hold it long, but hopefully she wouldn't have to.

Inching closer to the river side she held it out and dipped it down close to the water so Vaken could grab a hold. She wouldn't be able to drag him in but at least now he'd have a guide, a little bit of help. See, she wasn't terrible.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

It took everything in his power not to shout insults at the pup. It wasn’t her fault he had a cramp, but he refused to believe it. She had done this to him. He wanted to find some way to get back at her, but his mind was too focused on making it to land than revenge. His jaws clamped down on the branch, teeth puncturing the bark. Jagged twigs cut into his tongue, but it wasn’t horrible. It was nice feeling pain somewhere else in his body.

When he reached land he yanked the branch, pulling it from Jenessa to toss to the side. The cramp was nearly gone by now, so he flexed the muscles therapeutically and took a few timid steps forward. “Not bad,” he admitted. She was quick swimmer, he had underestimated her. “I have to be nice to you now, huh?” He gave a defeated and dramatic sigh, glancing at her from the corner of his vision. “What does the entail?”

He wasn’t friends with just anybody. While she had won it from him, fair and square, he wasn’t going to make it easy.

Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn

Jenny gave up the stick easily enough and watched as Vaken tossed it aside with ease. He seemed better now that he was on dry land, whatever had been troubling him in the water was starting to fade, as he testingly pressed weight down on his sore leg. His question though, was a fair one as they hadn't really worked out the finer details before. Which was a good thing in Jenny's eyes, it meant she could drag this along however she wanted and because he'd lost he had no choice but to do as she commanded.

"Hmmm." She pursed her lips in thought, as though she didn't have a hundred ideas swirling around in her head. "If I ever need help, you have to look out for me like I did you. No more mean words or looks. You're not boooring like the other adults, I think we could have a lot of fun." He grin was wicked and contagious, Jenny was a forced to be reckoned with, that's for sure.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: we can fade after your reply if you'd like :) sorry it took me so long

when I'm bad I'm better

While it didn’t sound so bad, the yearling shivered in disgust dramatically. He was enjoying her company more than he cared to admit. He fought back a genuine smile, determined to keep his cover. “Alright alright,” he grumbled in defeat, “a deal is a deal.” It didn’t sound like much, but it was more than he offered a lot of other wolves- friendship. He would look out for her. He had sold his soul to the devil, the black she-wolf pup, and there was no taking it back.

He shook out his fur, droplets of water spreading out everywhere, leaving his fur puffed out and tangled. While she was already wet from the race, he strategically aimed for her face, hoping to land a few in her eyes. While it wasn’t the most friendly, it was definitely more playful than malicious. He quickly bounced away, lowering his stomach to the ground but keeping his booty in the air, tail wagging side to side. It was a typical come catch me stance, challenging her to fight back. “Fun huh? What do you know about fun?”