549 Users Online
Google, Bing, Sophrosnia, Isla

I'm breaking down — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 200 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
OOC: Song

Snow was falling from the sky in thin wispy layers. It meant that he needed to make a decision. Continue his search or join a pack and wait out the coming Winter. A slow shuddering breath escaped him in a puff of air. Staring up and the clouds above Solas wondered how he could make that decision. He needed to find her but he also needed to make sure that he could continue to do so. It would be for nothing if he ended up frozen beneath the snow that was bound to come.

The idea of stopping felt like he would be giving up and that wasn't something that he could stand. He wasn't giving up or was he? It seemed that there was nothing for him to find. The stormy man had searched and searched and what he had was nothing. No trace of her or the ones that had taken her. Another slow breath whispered past his lips. He couldn't put off deciding any longer and he had been doing just that.

It hurt but he needed to think about himself and his own survival. Solas was well aware of the dangers that could come with being a lone wolf and he knew that a pack would have the protection and safety that he would need should this winter turn into a harsh one. If it was mild he might be able to survive but there was no way for him to be sure what was to come. So the only chose he could make would be to join a pack even if it made him sick to think about.
[Image: solas_sig_by_becuffin-dbocy7k.png]
[Image: vnuylcejuy1r9dyd_by_silversnake54-dc87n0m.gif]
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Vaken was the comfiest he had been all day, sprawled out on the ground, belly-up. It was a very cat-like position for a wolf to be in. Being small and frail, he almost looked feline-esque. His whiskers twitched against the floor, his ears bent along the ground. The weather was getting colder, but nothing he couldn’t handle. His fur was thick now, the snow melting before it reached the flesh. He wiggled, arms outstretched towards the sky before expressing a dramatic, noisy sigh. He could smell the male on the breeze. It wasn’t safe to stay in such a vulnerable position, but he dreaded getting up. He was way too relaxed.

A few weeks ago he had been in the same position as this stranger. He had spent many nights afraid of the falling snow, of the coldness, of joining a pack. Now? He was back to his carefree, untouchable demeanour. The world was his. He had decided not to worry, to wait out the cold as long as he could. If he had to join a pack, he would- just until the spring. He didn’t want to. He hated the idea, but he would do what it took to survive. It was worth a shot in the meantime. He had gotten along just fine so far, what was another winter? “Aye,”

The scruffy furred boy rolled back onto his stomach, concealing his vulnerable organs just-in-case. He could see the man now, his silver and black fur. It wasn’t familiar. Neither was the scent, clearly a loner- good. Vaken didn’t want to talk to any wolves in a pack today. “Looking for somethin’?”

currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
The only alternative to joining a pack would be to find a few other loners and maybe convince them to tag along as he continued on his search. He wasn't really aware of any wolves who would be willing to do so. Most of the ones he knew were part of one pack or another. He had met some loners here and there but none had seemed inclined to stick around.

A voice broke the silence and Solas twisted his head to look at the wolf that had appeared. He blinked. Okay appeared wasn't the right word maybe popped up from the ground he had apparently been laying on. The smaller wolf seemed to be all muddy colours with and yellow eyes that stood out against the dark fur surrounding them. A deep breath told him that this was a loner. Maybe that was a good thing maybe not. He would have to find out.

Yeah a black wolf that goes by Tulip, but if your like everyone else I've talked to you probably haven't seen her either. He responded back with a tired sigh. He tipped his head as he continued to stare at the stranger. Why are planning on helping me look? Solas didn't really think that there was even a slim chance that the answer would be a yes. They were strangers to each other and to top it off they hadn't even introduced themselves, granted they had only been talking for what two seconds?
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You discover a half-eaten deer carcass. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

The man’s words were pessimistic and gruff, cutting the silence like a knife. Vaken was a little taken back by it. He had asked assuming that the man was looking for a herb, maybe animal tracks to hunt, not another wolf. That was more serious. His face showed the discomfort he felt, crinkling up like he had smelt something awful. He hadn’t met any wolves named Tulip, not that he remembered. It seemed like that was the norm. How many wolves had he asked about her? A wolf would have to be missing for quite a while- maybe she didn’t want to be found. He kept his lips sealed and readjusted. He didn’t know the situation, it wasn’t his business to assume. Garmir had asked Vaken to keep a look out on an elderly man, Triell Tainn, and a younger former alpha named Kerberos. He hadn’t bumped into them. The lore seemed to be a pretty big place, a lot of area to be missing in. “Help look?”

That wasn’t in his comfort profile. He didn’t know this wolf, what his intentions were if he found Tulip, why she went missing. He had enough on his plate as it was without sticking his nose in someone else’s business like that. “I can keep my eyes open for her.” He wasn’t going to go out of his way, but he travelled a lot. If she was around the lore, they’d probably bump into each other eventually. If that was the case, this man would be the first to know. “You stick around this area? Got a name?” He’d need a bit more information if he was gonna be of any use.

Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
In another situation, he might have found the strangers scrunched up face a bit amusing, but as it was he didn't. Solas could tell by that expression alone that he hadn't seen Tulip but the stormy man had already assumed that, to begin with. He had been told no so many times he would have been more surprised if the dark-faced stranger had said yes. At this point, the chances were none existent because how many months had gone by since her disappearance?

He went on to repeat the question that had been asked and Solas could tell that the idea didn't sit well with him. Then he went on to add that he would keep an eye out for her and Solas tipped his head slightly. That's more than I could hope for. He hadn't even been expecting that much from someone he had just meet. So any bit of help he could get he would accept. If you do happen to find her tell her to go to the Cove. With winter coming being with a pack would be better than seeking him out when he would eventually return there as well, even if it was just to check and see if she had returned.

Solas and I don't know. He responded back with a shrug. I'm going to try and join a pack to wait out the winter. The words felt bitter on his tongue and he knew he wasn't hiding his displeasure at saying them very well. Saying them though helped cement the, made them more real. He had decided on this and now he just had to follow through.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Huh. The yearling eyes lit up in recognition of the Cove, his aunt’s pack. His face crunched up in distaste, nose wiggling to the side a little, remembering his battle with Birtie at the border. He lifted his brow at the memory, almost as if to say good luck. He had not been welcome there regardless of blood ties, regardless of his invite from Moon. Moonshadow’s dominance was being challenged. He doubted that if this wolf, Tulip, showed up at the border, weak and desperate that they would let her in- not if Birtie was around. That was not his battle though, so he nodded his head weakly, hesitant. He’d deal with that when the time came, no use bringing up old news. Maybe this wolf was a friend of Birtie’s, who knew. He brushed it off with a subtle wag of his tail, removing the bitter expression from his face.

He always appreciated the company of a fellow loner, especially one that wanted to stay alone. It was oddly comforting for the man. He hated packs with a burning passion, especially the ones within the lore. The leaders were too pushy, too domineering and brash for no reason. It was all too serious for him. He had spoken to Ferreiran about it, and most recently to Zev. Those had been two males who understood- who agreed to join him in his aids this summer. He’d never hold them to it. He knew the winter was cold and harsh, difficult to survive. If they joined a pack, he’d leave them alone, but come spring the yearling had plans. He’d claim territory for himself and his pack. He would offer sanctuary to the outsiders and rogues, who wanted to travel and explore, to challenge authority. It fluttered through his mind for a second, the changes he was about to make before nodding his head in silent understanding. “Thought about that myself,” he admitted. “Joining a pack just for the winter, couldn’t get myself to do it though.” He glanced at the falling snow and sighed. “Just couldn’t find the right match. Packs around here are a little stuffy, not my style.” It would be a tough winter for him, but he was stubborn and determined.

Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
It appeared that his companion was aware of the Cove. The look that he was given made him feel a bit uneasy. Just what could have happened in the mountain pack that this stranger would have to give him an expression like that? Unless it was more along the lines of good luck on finding Tulip rather than the pack itself. The hesitant nod was what told him that this wasn't the case but Solas didn't know when his companion would have met the Cove so maybe just maybe whatever was causing doubt in the other was long gone by now. Which was quite possible since the expression fled from his face with a wag of his tail.

Solas listened as the other wolf explained that he had thought of joining a pack as well but that most of them were too stuffy and that he couldn't find a good match. The stormy man let out a huff of amusement. I think most packs are going to be a bit stuffy. Rules had to be set in place to make sure that everyone was kept in line and that the pack as a whole would survive. Not everyone in said pack had to like those rules but if you weren't in charge you either had to bow your head, which Solas hated doing, or rise to the top. He didn't want to join a pack not because he wanted to remain a loner or that they were too stuffy, but because it would mean that he would have to stop his search, stop looking, and that felt too much like giving up to him.

There are some packs to the north and at least one on the other side of the mountain as well. Solas offered with a shrug. Maybe his companion would find what he was looking for in them but Solas had a feeling that he would find them just as constricting as the ones in the current area. Having been a loner most of his life the stormy man was well aware of the dangers of being one. Are you going to try and outlast the winter then? It was risky business but it could be done.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: WARNING: swearing!!! sorry

when I'm bad I'm better

Solas was right- most packs were too stuffy. The yearling didn’t have to join a pack to know that. It was apparent in the social structure, in the language of pack wolves. He shivered, a jolt running up his spine. He hated that. “Do yourself a favour,” Vaken purred. “Avoid the rye fields in the north. Laike- their leader: kind of a douchebag.” It was apparent the yearling did not approve. His tail dropped slightly in thought, his fur bristling momentarily. He did not have a good relationship with that white wolf and he wasn’t ashamed to admit it. Anyone who joined that pack seemed to have their hands full. He didn’t expand much on it, not wanting to overshare or change the subject matter but instead listened to Solas’ question with interest.

“I’ll wait it out, if I can.” He wasn’t so stubborn that he would die in the winter rather than join a pack. If he started to starve, he’d ask Garmir to put in a good word and join the draw. It felt like defeat, but it was better than death. It would only be until the spring. “Probably can’t exist as a lone wolf forever.” It was brutal, but true. “I have a few friends. Might claim some territory in the spring, once the snow melts.” He wasn’t certain on it. The words still twanged in his mouth in an unfamiliar way, feeling foreign. He was so young and reckless. “Who knows.”

(This post was last modified: Nov 08, 2018, 07:02 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
OOC: Your all good I don't mind curses/swearing

His ears pricked curiously at the mention of a rye fields pack in the north. Solas had travelled up that way but he hadn't come across them. Maybe he hadn't travelled far enough? Either way, it was apparent that his companion didn't like them and that this Laike wasn't someone he wanted to come across. Noting the way the other wolf's fur bristled Solas nodded in his head in understanding.

I'll keep away from them. No need for him to look for trouble when it could easily be avoided. It was honestly valuable information to have especially when you were a loner looking for a pack and a leader that wasn't going to cause trouble with everyone.

So the plan was to wait out the winter? If he had the friends to do it why didn't he form the pack now? Are you trying to find a place you like before getting your friends together then? He couldn't understand the need to wait, but then he didn't know who exactly his companion had for friends. The only other idea would be to wait for the deer and other prey to have their young and be able to build up their caches so that when the next winter rolled around they would be prepared.

If you guys end up forming near the mountains or if your hunting near them give me a call. I've hunted in them countless times before and I can give you and your potential pack some tips. Solas offered it was the least he could if the other wolf was going to be keeping an eye out for Tulip. A favour for a favour even if neither of them might happen, but he guessed that it made it a bit more even that way.