291 Users Online
Bing, Google, Nadine

We are kin, you and I — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Middle of the night. Overcast Clouds 8.6 ° F, -13 ° C @Vaken

Garmir had woken his dear apprentice in a middle of the night - this time less violently than in previous times - mainly as his tutor was getting better at twitching ears - and because Garmir needed his friend not be upset while he tried to reason with him. Being wake at night was nothing unusual. Garmir slept much of the day and remained active during night as per routine, but he typically did not take Vaken along for his nightly patrols. This time he was leading the two slightly further away from border. He clealr wanted to talk.

He halted where Charred Ash Draw borders ended and neutral part of Wildwood begin. He inhaled cold night's air, watching as his exhale came out in vapour, illuminated by the moonlight. "Its getting colder." -He stated the obvious, looking over his shoulder at Vaken as if it should mean something.

Winter was near and Vaken hadn't told yet did he plan to winter with the pack or try to remain solo. Garmir did not doupt the young man, not at all, but he hoped to see Vaken among the ranks of the pack. It had been so long already. "Have you made any plans?"

Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: again I'm so so sorry I forgot about this

we appreciate power

Vaken had learned not to ask too many questions, but instead to follow Garmir’s quiet lead into the night. He was only a little tired. The cold crisp air woke him up quicker than usual, freezing the wetness of his nose. He drifted alongside him like a shadow, meeting him step for step until his mentor stopped. He positioned himself a few feet away, half-expecting to be pounced on. His guard was up only a small amount. He knew what nighttime visits usually meant, and he was growing prepared for them. “I’m not joining a pack this winter,” he stated boldly. It was the only plan he had- and not even a certain one. “Not unless I have to.”

He was stubborn, but not dumb. If things were too harsh for him, he’d arrive at the draw and ask for help. If they didn’t take him, he’d find somewhere else. A reminder of his aunt and her pack flashed through his mind briefly, but he pushed it away. That would be a last resort. “Then this summer? I’m not sure,” his sentence trailed away quietly. It was a hard thing for him to explain. He knew Garmir wasn’t a fan of small talk, and there was no need to beat around the bush, but vocalizing his ideas felt too formal and binding. He craved freedom. Making decisions like this felt like he was cornering himself in. “I might try to claim my own territory. Maybe challenge someone else for their’s.” The words felt flat and ridiculous now that he said them out loud, but he didn’t take it back. He was growing more confident at the prospect.

If Garmir had been leader of the draw, Vaken may have joined. His mentor had earned his respect and authority. His mentor had proven to be the stronger wolf and Vaken abided by that rule. The idea of exposing his throat to anyone else felt like a spit in the face.

currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

The earthen male listened, not interrupting the young male in any way or outwardly showing in any form what he thought of it all until Vaken had said all he wanted to say. Garmir's head lowered somewhat, his eyes staring at the frosty ground beneath and watching how clouds from his exhale smoothly slid across the surface before evaporating into nothing. He was disappointed somewhat to hear Vaken did not plan to stay, but he knew not to force his apprentice into joining as it would have not helped their relationship at all. Vaken was free soul not meant to be bound and truth be told, he was more useful to Garmir being always on the move and travelling across the Relic lore. He sighed and then turned his eyes on his apprentice. He offered brief, genuine smile in aknowledgment before simply stating; "Then you have made your decision and I shall respect it, Vaken." If the young man failed to survive on his own, Garmir would remain here to offer his support. Surely @Treyah would accept the young wolf into the ranks if he asked for it.

He had more to say about Vaken's ambitious future plans. He did not doupt his apprentice the least. If anything, Garmir expected Vaken to become alpha some day. It was only role he could comfortably settle to after all. Garmir did not mock his his student for having such ideas but he had a word of advice to share... as well as firm warning. "Many wolves will underestimate you yet at their peril... of that I am certain." -he begin, while turning towards the smaller male and making his approach. Garmir wasn't attacking but he demanded attention with his presense and demenour by which he delivered his words. "However be careful not to fall when you are climping into the heights of power. What kind of leader you are makes a big difference with how solid your footing shall be... and wether there are others whom will support you..." -he begin with a neutral tone, but as he brought himself next to Vaken and brought his muzzle close to the smaller male's ear, he finished with a whisper. "..or wether they will push you down."

Garmir had more to say sure, but he wanted to hear what Vaken thought about leadership, what kind of leader did he plan to be. He remained close all this time, perhaps uncomfortably so but it was way for him to keep Vaken's attention on him when they were discussing about more serious topics. Some might have viewed it as domineering approach to deliver message but Garmir never thruly tried display his power over Vaken, which was why his tail was never high, nor his posturing stiff or threatening. He remained relaxed, paying no real attention to body language. Only words mattered.

(This post was last modified: Dec 28, 2018, 03:06 AM by Garmir.)
[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
we appreciate power

Advice was something the yearling was learning to appreciate. Often times he ignored it, followed his own schedule regardless. This time? He was more attentive than usual- but many not as much as he should be. There was still a distracted glossiness behind his eyes. It was subtle, but clouded his facial features. His boyish smirk was replaced with a stern expression and his eyes had darkened, but his thoughts fluttered to Garmir's words and back to his own dreams of power. He kept himself solemnly quiet and still, a statue in the night. He hadn't considered his own leadership skills much. He didn't have any. Everything about his attitude and physique was painfully subordinate. He was growing stronger, but no amount of muscle changed the size of his bone structure. He was coyote-like, with thin bones and scruffy fur. It was only his thirst for power and control, his desire to have his own subordinates that fueled him down a path of leadership. He wanted a permanent home again. He wanted his own den, the security of a pack, but he refused to bow his head to anyone.

It was very obvious that Vaken was not an ideal leader. He was still a child in a lot of ways, but nothing could stop him. "My footing is always solid," he assured, his tone light and playful. He didn't want to talk about the politics of leadership- how boring. He'd make it up as he want along, just like he did with everything else. He'd throw noodles at a wall all day until something stuck. That was a good enough plan for him. He couldn't imagine someone stealing leadership from him, overruling him, conspiring against him. He was smarter than that. "Besides, I won't give anyone that chance." These words were more sinister in nature, but his tone still light and airy. He was a rascal kid, not a killer. He had big dreams and aspiration, but also a faulty moral compass that left room for error.

He shook out his fur as if shaking out those thoughts from his head and stood up, moving away from Garmir a few feet. The distance was small, but spoke volumes on his discomfort with the topic. He just didn't have everything figured out. "I'll be a strong leader."

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Guuuhh.. sorry for delay :C

"Strenght helps but only as long as you remain strong. You will become stronger but never invincible." -Garmir replied to his apprentice with a tone that did not go into mocking him, but reminded him there was much more into leadership than just a strenght. He knew Vaken did not like to hear these things, but as long as he remained under Garmir's teaching, he would have to endure every now and then.

Garmir turned his eyes on Vaken, his expression turning more determined, more frightening for a moment. This was rare look for Garmir and even more rare was how he used his tail, lifting it higher to as he opened his maw to speak the next sentence. The words came out calm, almost sweet - but it was a clear warning best not be ignored. "Whenever the day comes you decide to form this pack of yours or challenge someone for their's - stay away from mine. I will bury anyone who dares to challenge Treyah. "

Garmir would support his apprentice regardless whatever choices he made in life, wether he became a great leader or a monster, but this was one thing he would not forgive him for if he ever crossed the line. Now that he had drawn it, there should not be any misunderstandings. He gave Vaken simple smile.

[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
we appreciate power

Garmir's tone was unsettling, but not unreasonable. The yearling understood Garmir's loyalty to his leader (even though he disliked it). It was reasonable from a man like the scarred wolf, someone taught to serve completely. Vaken didn't admire it, but he respected it. It was out of his control, and it didn't bother him more than any other pack wolf. He grunted, nodded his head in dismissive acknowledgement and smiled. "Wouldn't dream of it," he purred.

There were a million packs in the lore. Vaken didn't want to step on any toes unless he needed too, unless he got something out of it. He wasn't going to get anything out of betraying Garmir. "Besides, you're tougher than me." Vaken was learning quickly, but he still wasn't experienced. His mentor was still one step ahead. He offered Garmir a copy-cat grin, trying to ease the tension. Garmir's smiles were few and far between, but this one didn't touch his eyes. It was a small-talk smile, hollow. The yearling shrugged, hoping to break the dry mood. "It'd be cool though, living in the same pack," he quirked his eyebrow up in consideration, his thoughts drifting off.