(See All?) Announcements
510 Users Online
Bing, Jessamy, Google

Somebody once told me — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
    somebody once told me the world is gonna rule me.

Her legs pumped hard beneath her skinny frame, and she sped across the white plains with wicked speed. She loved the rush that pressed against her face, blowing her ears back, and making her white coat liven with the whisk of wind. Running. It was something she did not have to think about, just do. She pushed herself further, her head titled to capture the sun's light that kept up with her. She raced with no one, but the breeze letting her muscles burn, her heart pound, and her breath pull harshly from her open lips. It was in this moment she was loving, just being alive. No one...no one could ruin that feeling for her.

Across the fields she made a straight trail, only once and awhile swerving in, and out of the blackberry bushes in a game only to her. She continued to go faster, and faster in her freedom. That was until her legs ached, and began to protest, on particularly starting to give out beneath her. She meant to stop, or walk, but it was too late. The foreleg crumpled just at the wrong moment, and Lettie tripped head over heels into the melting snow. She was not hurt, not really. Her ankle may have tingled with some pain, but it only meant she was alive. She started to giggle, lying flat on her back starting at the bright,blue sky that seemed to stretch for miles and miles.

[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Played by Hope who has 110 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Silver Wintercoat
Silver snapped her head up from the rabbit she had just killed, listening. It was the sound of laughter. Determind to find where it had come from she followed it to its arigination. Coming through the bushed she was surprised to see a pup on its back laughing. She looked around trying to see if anyone was around, also sniffing the air.

Silver shrugged and walked into view of the small female pup. She grunted as she came closer anoncing her presentce. Then she asked with a cooked head,<b>"What is your name girly?"</b> As she sniffed she noticed it had the smell of Grizzly Hollow. "So she is from our pack? I have never seen her before," the female thought as she sat down near the pup.
"If I had to chose between you and me, well it depends on my reason."
-Silver
Grizzly Hollow
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>too good to pass up.</span></li></ul>For some time now, he had been avoiding the children. Though he could hardly bring himself to admit it, he was afraid of them, afraid that they hated him for leaving, afraid that they wouldn’t trust them –that Elettra had gotten to them. It had been so long since he had been with them, by now they could have drifted so far apart that it would be impossible to bridge the gap. Would they love him still? Did they want his guidance, his support? He feared their judgment, though he had told Jayse that he wanted to teach her sons and daughters.

But he was inadequate, and he knew it. He was not the teacher, nor the priest that the children deserved. His faith trembled like a leave in gale force winds. Kiche could not be their rock, their roots. He doubted God, and he doubted himself. But the children couldn’t know this, not ever. If there was a God, Kiche wanted the children to love him and be loved by him. He owed them that at least, an opportunity to get into Heaven –something none of the other heathens could be expected to offer them. While he knew that they deserved someone better, he understood that he was all there was. He was a poor substitute, but there was nothing that could be done about that. For a moment, the rusty, ginger forsaker bowed his head and prayed. The Hollow Priest prayed that he would be enough, prayed that if he could not be a foundation, he could be a wall instead –a wall to protect and defend them from sin and Hell.

When all had been said and done, however, he understood he couldn’t accomplish anything by doing nothing, and he understood that he would have to swallow his fear of their rejection. If he wanted to reclaim his place in their lives of a teacher and a preacher, the sordid saint would need to seek them out. Tentatively, his dark, bulbous nose probed the air, and he caught a wisp of Arlette on the wind. With the hesitation of a broken man, he began to follow her, quickly realizing that the child was on some adventure that would take her outside of the safety of the Hollow. This worried him. Anything could happen to her…

Suddenly he was running, his paws beating out a frantic rhythm on the earth as his stride ate up the distance. He was fast, but his imagination was faster. He lost sight of it behind a tree, and in a blink it was gone, running away on some unrealistic tangent, racing at a breakneck speed that he could not keep up with. Anything could happen, but Kiche saw only the worst things. It soon became a matter of life or death, finding this child he loved so dearly. Anything could happen, but apparently anything could be nothing good.

And it wasn’t.

His snarl ripped the air like a clap of thunder, rumbling and dangerous. That heathen, he could smell her. <i>Silver</i> was what Elettra had called her. From where he stood, he saw Lettie sprawled on her back, prostrate. Silver loomed over her. She was too close. “<b>Arlette!</b>” Why was she on the ground? Kiche was at her side in an instant, shoving his way past Silver with a rough shoulder and a threatening growl. “<b>Arlette are you okay?</b>” Whipping his head back around, he threw a contemptuous, accusatory glare in Silver’s direction. “<b>You stay away from her.</b>”
</blockquote>
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Played by Jake who has 116 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Thanatos Rua
Thanatos had been trying to catch up with Silver again ever since their encounter with Rolu and Isa. He wanted a bit of time for just the two of them again. He followed her scent but stopped when he noticed the scent of a pup and another male from their pack. Thanatos ran to her, a feeling in his gut that something was wrong. He was right. When he got there, Silver was standing near the Grizzly Hollow pup, who was probably already too far from the den, and Kiche, growling at Silver.

Without thinking, he moved so he was standing in front of Kiche, no signs of aggression or dominance in his features. <b>"Kiche back off. The pup is fine. Silver was just being friendly."</b> He turned his head around to look at Silver and flicked his tail, motioning for her to back away from the pup. Thanatos then turned his attention to the pup. <b>"You're alright arn't you sweetheart?"</b> He smiled at the pup before he spoke again. <b>" I never did get to meet you properly. I'm Thanatos. I'm the seventh in your pack. What's your name little one? And what are you doing all the way out here so far from the den?"</b>
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
<i>Lettie is nine old :) she isn't not such a little thing. She's actually the size of a medium adult female. She still just has large paws, and ears and a bit on the gangly side.</i>

somebody once told me the world is gonna rule me..

The sky was so pretty, and for someone reason it made her hungry. Or was it thirsty? Her head was light, and she felt very giddy, something she had not experienced since she was a little ankle biter. She liked the feeling, and giggled some more at how silly she must look. She continued staring at the sky, feeling like she was not on the ground, but somewhere up there, floating around. That was until the large steps of snow killed her little day dream. She squirmed realizing how foolish she was for letting her tender, precious organs be so exposed. She couldn't really get up, and she flattened her ears, grimacing to see who was spying on her. She prayed it was Trisden, or someone she knew. It was someone she did not.

Pretty white face creased with both her question, and worry she stared at the female not sure what her name was. She had been at the meeting, butshe had not looked at her. Tucking her limbs tight against her body to make herself feel better, she didn't care for being called girly. Her expression became a deep scowl. She was not such a little girl any more. She really did not want to share her name, it was special to her, and she was a little torqued. Shouldn't this wolf know who she was? Jaysyek's daughter, she wanted to blurt.

She did not have time to let the wolf sit in silence. Kiche became her saving grace, placing himself between her, and Silver. The knot in her chest slowly began to unwound. She was much comfortable with Kiche here, she did not question his motives. She bobbed her head, her white mask smoothing itself. She was fine. She didn't think Silver would hurt her, she was only wary of strangers who boldly spoke. She needed time, and space. The Lyall girl did not like to be spoken down upon. Again she tried to lift herself back to her paws so she could stand by Kiche when a third wolf arrived. This one sent a chill along her nape so much, the hair on the back of her skull pricked. His eyes were not the same, one looked ghostly, and almost white. And the scars that adorned his face...she shuddered not knowing what had caused them. Her chin titled surprised by his pleasant tone, and the kindness there. It still didn't mean she trusted him, and she shifted her eyes to the snow not to stare. She was about to go into hide mode, maybe even shut down mode when she picked up the words "little one", and "so far from the den". What?She was not a whelp any more, and this wolf was not her friend, her mother, or her father. It was not his business if she was too far. Or what she did. She was allowed to wander, and she was not so far from home. She scowled once more. No one ever treated her like a helpless child, and she jumped swiftly to her paws.

"I'm not so little," she barked, and she made a point to stand proud beside Kiche to prove it. She was maybe half his size, but it was something."And It's Arlette. My mom knows where I am." She added, wanting to make it clear they were neither her guardian nor her parent.

(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2012, 05:06 PM by Arlette.)
Inactive No Rank
Silver Wintercoat
SIlver was surprised as Kiche came bounding out of now where she backed up, but kept he head high. She laid her ears back and growled at him, knowing she was at full strength again and had pinned him down once. She wouldn't heasitate to do it again. She watched as the pup went to Kicke and saw the relaxasion in the pups face. Growling she said,<b>"Keep quiet you or I'll finish what I started."</b>

Thanatos jumped in front of her than and she instently quieted herself listening to him speak. She came closer to him, but not to close. Silver didn't want Kiche know of her relastion ship with him. She watched as the pup sprung up and a grin sprung on her face. Ignorring the two males she said to Arlette in a grown up voice, know knowing she didn't like to be babyed,<b>"As long as your okay than. What are you doing anyways?"</b> Silver asked the question politly, knowing that Arlette was not going to be like a pup now. She acknowledged the pup now with jelousness,"She has a mom," Silver thought. She eyed the ginger male with suspision, not knowing how he would act.
-Silver
Grizzly Hollow
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>lordy, this is going to be a doozy to write.
Posting order: <b>arlette > silver > kiche > thanatos</b> :3</span></li></ul>Suddenly there was black shadow that blotted out of the sun, looming over him as he crouched beside Arlette. It stood between him and the silver bitch, as if he meant to be her barrier, her <i>gallant</i> dark night. A sneer creased his face. <i>Disgusting</i>. Instinctively, Kiche’s snarl darkened, deepening several octaves as his scarred, ginger ears folded back against his head. Blinded by defensive aggression, Kiche did not think to identify this black savage. His anger intensified with every attempt the white-knight made to mediate. Just being <i>friendly</i>. Fuck friendly. Kiche didn’t want her anywhere near Arlette. She couldn’t be trusted –she was one of Elettra’s fucking <i>students</i>. “<b>Fuck off.</b>” It was none of his business anyway. “<b>I couldn’t give two shits about what she’s being. Why would I trust you?</b>”

And he didn’t like the way the bastard spoke to Arlette. He didn’t like the way he called her “<i>sweetheart</i>” and he didn’t like the way he called her “<i>little one</i>.” He assumed too much. He was not her fucking darling uncle. And the condescention was so sticky sweet that it made Kiche want to wretch. Arlette wasn’t a <i>baby</i>. Though he worried about her, he would never be so obvious. Kiche would have <i>never</i> dared to talk down to her like that. Another warning growl bubbled up from the depths of his stomach that churned with vitriolic anger. <i>He really ought to back the fuck up.</i>

Arlette had always been a proud little girl, she spoke up for herself. For a moment, Kiche was soothed by a flood of emotion, the love he felt the willful young lady who stood beside him now. He hadn’t realized how much he had missed her. It appeared she was alright after all, though he couldn’t understand what she had been doing upside-down in the snow like that. Without hesitation, he planted an affectionate greeting on her head with a quick motion of his salmon tongue.

But the eye of the storm, though serene and silent, passed quickly. Silver spewed obnoxious noise from behind her brave savior, telling him to keep quiet, threatening him. Suddenly he was a hurricane again, a rumbling cloud that threatened lightning. “<b>Go ahead! Finish me! I’m sure you’re fucking <i>boyfriend</i> would love to help. Oh just fucking <i>shut up</i>,</b>” he shouted over the dark heathen’s shoulder. He threw a contemptuous glare at the dark-knight, really only seeing him just now. Suddenly, the red saint realized who it was, realized he had met him before. Any assumptions he had made about Thanatos shattered suddenly. If he would defend this silver bitch, then Kiche would want nothing to do with him.

On some level, it occurred to him that Arlette would be lost in this mess, unable to understand the words flying over her head if only because she knew nothing about the Silver wolf and her gallant knight. Not looking down, he offered the only partial explanation he could come up with, “<b>These heathens are not to be trusted, Lettie.</b>” Contempt and disgust marred his face, contorting it into an ugly mess of creased and folded snarl. “<b>They’re not good people.</b>” If he would have to lump Thanatos in with Silver, he would.
</blockquote>
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Played by Jake who has 116 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Thanatos Rua
OOC: I know Arlette isn't little but Thanatos has a major soft spot for pups and young wolves. He tends to at least somewhat baby any pup/young wolf he runs into.

Thanatos was astonished by the language Kiche was using around Jaysyeks young daughter. There was no reason for her to hear such words. <b>"Kiche calm down."</b>

Thanatos smiled at Arlette as she stood up and placed herself beside Kiche. When she spoke up he nodded before he spoke. <b>"I apologize miss. I have a bit of a soft spot for pups and young wolves. I know you're not little but I suppose I got a little carried away. It is a pleasure to finally meet you."</b> He smiled and bowed to the young girl. He stood when Silver's words reached his ears. He turned his head to face her as he spoke, a bit of a growl in his voice. <b>"Silver <i>enough</i> there is no need for a fight. Back up"</b> He looked into her eyes, pleading her to listen to him with his eye.

Thanatos stared at Kiche, confused. <b>"Heathens? Not to be trusted? And what are you basing that from? We are all members of the same pack. Jaysyek accepted us all into the same pack and you don't trust your leaders judgement?"</b> He paused for a moment, taking a deep breath to calm himself down. He turned his attention back to Arlette. <b>"Arlette I am not a bad man I can promise you that. If you would allow it, I would very much like to get to know you and your siblings at some point in time."</b> Then, he turned his head back to Kiche, his smile gone. <b>"Kiche could we speak for a moment in private? Arlette is fine. And if you would like, when I have said all that is needed to say, you may take your anger out on me. I will not fight back so there is no chance for you to get hurt. The scars might fool you but I'm not as aggressive as I appear."</b>
(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2012, 09:15 AM by Thanatos.)
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
<i>gotcha. some people don't realize that pup doesn't mean little ankle biter :D this probably isn't in a specific orders of how things happened, but just how she has realized them?</i>

somebody once told me the world is gonna rule me.

She wanted to accept his gracious words, but could not shake the wariness in her pale yellow eyes. She couldn't let it slide completely, because she was partial afraid if she was nice to him he'd be following her around to keep her out of trouble. This didn't appeal to her. She was picky about who she trusted, liked, and decided to hang around. The youth might be pursued but not today. She tensed drifting closer to Kiche's flank to be out of the direct line of fire. She was no longer scowling, but clearly withdrawn. It was a lot for her to take being the center of all this.

Things were not going to get any easier. There were many words that did soar right over the girl's head. Some did not, and her ears flattened. She would not let Silver hurt Kiche, and didn't care what she had to do to stop this. Silver was threatening the only wolf she knew here...her friend. She couldn't interject, and sound her protest. Everything was happy very quickly, almost at once in her already overwhelmed state. She ended ignoring Silver's question altogether, and further shifted herself to Kiche's side so she could feel his strong shoulder. They would have to hurt her too.

A questioning plea cast to the ginger male, a little curious what Silver had done to him. He probably did not catch it, because his orange eyes were glued to the two. It made her mind start to race with why the wolf had been following her, and what might have happened. The informal kiss to her head, settled her greatly and she did not have to let unreal fears take power. Her white tail stiffly wagged in the company of her friend, and fast protector.

Her hardened look softened further upon the other male. He appeared to be trying to be peace keeper, and settle the tension she felt making her own hair want to bristle in displeasure. Maybe, he was not so bad after all. The word boyfriend, she cast him a most bewildered look. Is that why he was so ready to let Kiche pummel him instead? She saw no other logical explanation. Who volunteered for a nobody? "Your her what?" She blurted, holding a paw up like the question that now hung in the air. Kiche made a good point to tell her they were not trustworthy. He didn't need to tell her that, no matter what happened here to day it would take something tremendous for her to be comfortable in either Silver's or Thanatos' presence. She merely hung closer to the ginger brute, to prove he did not have to worry about the fact. Even if Thanatos pointed out her mother likely trusted them she would make her own judgement. It was not looking the best.

What really was the most alarming bit of information was Thanatos request to get to know her better, along with Trisden, and Hocus. Good luck with that. She thought, knowing they would be suspicious too. It was just who they were now, and he could attempt to do so all he wanted. She merely nodded in acknowledgement not wanting to be rude, and feeling her voice box feeling constricted at the moment. When he further pressed Kiche leaving, Arlette let out a high whine of worry. She did not want anyone fighting. Why would Kiche need to thrash him any way? Couldn't they just scamper off?

Inactive No Rank
Silver Wintercoat
OOC: So what will happen? :}{

Silver was tense now, but her fur flattened. She cocked her head as if going to ask, but stayed quiet. This fight would not be her's, but Kiche's. She remember how well he had fought, and she knew he was probably sapped of strength that day. She looked at the two he wolves, and then sat. Her ears still back, but she took calming breaths. She then realized his name was Kiche, it rang a slight bell. Then, she remembered him asking to be a teacher.

Silver backed up scooting her self back and rearranging her sitting position. She looked over at Arlette as Thanatos and Kiche talked. She watched as the female stood closer and closer to Kiche."So the female trusts Kiche, should I?" she wondered still trying to grasp the concept of how wolves worked. Her fox mother had never taught her how to act that was for sure. She lifted her head as he said Kiche could beat on him, and wondered if he would. She now was in her own mind barely listening to the other wolves, only watching Arlette.
(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2012, 08:41 PM by SilverWintercoat.)
-Silver
Grizzly Hollow