Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: for @Circe

around 10pm
Broken Clouds
5 ° F, -15 ° C

when I'm bad I'm better

God, it was cold. Not so cold that Vaken felt the need to find shelter, but cold enough that his fur was raised and nose frozen. His paws had toughened up to it, but not his face. He could feel his eyes watering from the sharpness of the air. He was thankful it wasn't snowing. He hated when it snowed at night. It helped when Circe was with him, her body warmth keeping her cozier than usual- but it still wasn’t ideal. He hadn't seen her since the morning, but her face replayed in his mind every second. He was addicted. He had never been infatuated with a women before, not beyond a puppy crush. This was something else though, it drove him mad.

A hare hung from his mouth, limply swinging in the night air. It was a gift. He hadn't eaten any of it, and he didn't intend to. This? This was for her. He was excited to show her what a good hunter he was, to offer her a late night snack. A smile was stretched out across his features, his teeth dug deeply into the creature's scruff.

(This post was last modified: Feb 01, 2019, 12:32 AM by Vaken.)
Played by Becca who has 36 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Circe
guhhh please forgive this pile of rust

She had not done much today, truth be told. It seemed when the winter killed off the foliage, she died with it. Perhaps that was what her life as a healer was meant to be. Granted it seemed she had been provided some life with Vaken. Often times she trailed after him or offered her paws to any tasks he had. Tonight she was alone though. No tasks or simply conversation to occupy her mind.

So she took to star gazing through broken clouds.

Olive colored eyes attempted to connect the dots and make sense of them. She kept drawing a blank. No wolf in the sky or fish swimming through the darkness above. It seemed she would truly be doomed to boredom tonight. Surely her companion would come back, wouldn't he? Circe was not sure she wanted to be left to her own devices again but then again he might have needed breathing room.

With a heavy huff, she moved off through the grove to find somewhere to settle in for the night. Perhaps somewhere sheltered just in case snow decided to blow in.

have you checked out my player preferences?
please note: currently traveling with Vaken
(meaning he may jump into threads!)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

He smelt her before he saw her. It was a familiar smell, a mix of his own scent, her fur and the woods around them. He breathed it in slowly, heightening his senses. It was a fresh scent- she couldn't have gone far. Vaken slowed down and focused, checking his surroundings for her location. There was something about her that was so alluring, especially at times like this. It felt like a game of cat and mouse. She always felt just out of reach. He lowered his head, blonde fur tangling in the breeze and took another sniff, listening carefully. It was the sound of her steps that alerted him. His ear flicked, head turned, searching. He was going in the right direction. He picked up his pace instinctively.

He grabbed tighter onto his kill, tasting the blood against his tongue. It wasn't as warm as it had been earlier, but not bad. It was only when she came into view that the yearling slowed down and lessened his hold on the prey. He dropped it on the ground, trying to get her attention with the sound of his movement. "Dinner," he purred softly, his voice breaking the quietness of the night. "It's a little late, but-" he shrugged, unsure of what he was getting at. "I hope you're hungry."

currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Inactive No Rank
Circe

It caught her off guard. Movement from behind her caused her head to turn over her shoulder. Her fur had been close to prickling before she realized who it was. A familiar figure who seemed to always appear from her thoughts. Perhaps she should consider trying to summon things more often.

He had come back with something. Not another face to beef up their small group but...something a little more thoughtful. For me? She rumbled with warmth as she moved closer to the male. Before she even bothered to examine what exactly he had brought back, her tongue moved to lick across his cheek. A brief show of thanks and possible affection before she gave him his own space again. It's truly impressive you found anything in this weather. She complimented with honesty, a rare thing for her.

(This post was last modified: Feb 01, 2019, 01:12 AM by Circe.)
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Vaken was not a modest wolf. Her compliment fuelled his ego, his head growing three sizes larger. It was clear from the shift of his facial expression that he was smug, energized by her attention. "It wasn't easy," he admitted cooly. "I worked hard for it." Which was true, he was not a natural born hunter. He was quick though, strategic. He knew they needed to eat, and that was motivation enough. Her health was important to him now that they were together. Her kiss burned into his skin like a bullet, his heart rate quickening. He was caught in her web like a dying fly, waiting for the black widow. If he had been older, had more life experience, he may have seen through her flirtation. Maybe he would have sensed the lurking danger, the coldness in her stare. He was young though, and uncontrollably in love. He would do anything for her. He was under her spell, moving through the motions to please her. She did not need to poison him for that- not yet. For now, her company was enough to keep him sedated and blind.

When she moved away from him, he followed to close the distance. He wanted to be near her, as close as he could get. "For you," he agreed, pushing it towards her with the edge of his paw. "You need to eat." Of course, he needed to eat too, but that didn't matter. He didn't consider his own health when she was around. His thoughts were consumed with Circe, her green eyes, her silver fur, the softness of her voice calling him. He leaned towards her, pressing his frozen nose against her cheek and breathing in her fur. "I missed you."

Inactive No Rank
Circe

I'd believe it. She cooed back in response. He had only been gone....what? All day? She tried to keep her peevish side at bay for now. It would do her no good to go unraveling the web she had so tightly weaved already.

She allowed him to get close once more although she did not press herself into him, merely stayed close enough to let their fur mingle. Well, that had been her plan until he pressed a cold nose into her fur. It was a sensation that sent shivers down her spine. Was it because of the cold or because of the act of contact? She wasn't entirely sure herself. Regardless she didn't pull away from him.

I missed you too. The words slid off her tongue like honey, slow and sweet. She convinced herself with the way she talked to him. He was not who she had spent her life waiting for but at least she was no longer alone. Thank you, Vaken. The Tempest purred before she leaned down to rip into the hare.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Nothing pleased Vaken more than Circe gratitude. Watching her eat was almost as good as eating himself, but he kept himself still. He gave her room to enjoy the meal, worried to overstep his boundaries. Things were going well, he was terrified of ruining it. Despite the casualness of their affection, something heavy loomed in the air reminding him that he was walking on eggshells- that at any second their love could crack and come crashing down. He brushed it off as first-love jitters. It must always feel like this.

He couldn't help but lick his lips once watching her teeth cut into the dinner, but he hid it well. Keeping his face stoic, he simply observed. He didn't mind the view. Seeing her felt so fresh still, so exciting. It was like look at a different puzzle each time he blinked. The wind blew her fur back and it sparkled. She felt like a dream, like if he reached out his nose would just pass through her. Of course, he didn't know the true her- not really. This version of her was crafted with the intention of drawing him in, and it was working. He had never been so mystified by another living creature. "You're welcome Circe," he replied, his eyes staying trained on her form. "I'm sure it is a little cold, but it's something. The packs must be hunting the forest dry." A feeling of bitter resentment creeped into his tone, sharpening his words. He hated them. Not one of them more specifically than the others, all of them. "Must be nice for them."

Inactive No Rank
Circe

It may have been cold but it was not frostbitten like a leftover carcass or in need of a thaw. She was fairly convinced this was the freshest thing she had had all season. Was it true? Perhaps not but she was not a creature that wallowed in the truth of things.

Her petite form stepped back from the hare, almost half of it still remained. She briefly weighed her options. Keep pigging out and relishing in the treatment or try to keep pulling the kind facade. Eat. The word was firm but not demanding. Please. You worked for it and need the food too. It wasn't much for either of them. Splitting a hare seemed rather futile but if it was the feast of two loners then so be it. It was his words about packs that struck a cord in her bitter heart. This was something she could latch onto, mold into her own image. Resentment was the best clay to mold with.

You know...we're a small band with that friend of yours. What's stopping us from doing the same to them? She questioned softly, head tilting as she looked at him with olive eyes.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
when I'm bad I'm better

Eat? Vaken didn't need to be told twice. Slowly, as if still considering it was the best option, he bent down and tore himself a bite. He kept his eyes up towards Circe, ripping the flesh before swallowing. It wasn't an entire meal, but it would sustain them. He'd try and hunt more in the upcoming days- maybe they'd get lucky.

Her words caught him off guard. It was like his own thoughts were being brought to life, a subtle shove in the right direction. "I've thought about it," he admitted dryly. "We don't have the numbers." Not yet. Circe, Ferreiran and himself weren't a pack. They were just a band of loners. Sure, Vaken had bumped into others along the way that had hinted at following him, but was that enough? His stomach jumped at the idea. He wanted to claim territory. "I've considered taking another pack over," he grumbled, lowering his head for another bite. "There's a wolf close to here, Garmir, I train with him." He swallowed harshly, wiping the blood of his chin on his shoulder. "I don't want just any pack though." Oh, of course not. He wanted his own pack.