Google, Bing

Dawn of my Future — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 86 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok

Nia Hervok
Side by side or miles apart

Nia awoke early, just as the sun begun to peak above the horizon. She offered a gentle lick to her mother's head before padding outside the old pack den. Emerald eyes took in her surroundings, a deep inhale bringng crisp air into her lungs. The only fresh scents were of hers and her mothers, but she could not be too sure.

She walked out to the edge of the territory, the old markers gone and so she had to decide where the new ones would begin. She took careful consideration of where she felt their land should start and end. After a few moments she was brushing her body against the trees, expressing her scent glands, and leaving a few urinary markers as well. It took till miday but slowly and surely Nia had mapped out the territory and declared her claim. Satisfied with her work she raised her maw to let out a long howl. It was a warning, stating they were here and this was theres.

"Talking"

Tags:

OOC:

[Image: Nia.png]
Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
He's just wandering around aimlessly. XD Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar was getting cold with the winter's air, the moisture of the ice that melted with each step he took seeping into his paws as he walked. The lore was just like he remembered it, although he'd never been to this part of it before. He had come this way hoping to find other wolves anywhere. He figured that if his old pack-mates had left and gone north, he would have likely run into them, so it made more sens to start south, and work his way north. So far though, his efforts had produced nothing, he hadn't seen another soul in days, nor any pack strength markings on his journey, which bothered him. At least the weather was feeling very benign in his opinion, it was cold, but the wind wasn't blowing, and he felt fairly sure that the white of the snow would let him see anyone who would mean him harm.

He jerked his head up as he heard another wolf howling, it was a warning, but maybe he could show that he wasn't a threat. He was hopeful, he needed to be, he'd been alone too long.

He sprinted over to where he had heard the sound come from, hoping that hey were still there, begging for it even. The snow crunched under his paws as he ran forward, ducking his head under branches and weaving between trees, the air burning his lungs as he panted. When he finally arrived to the place, he looked forward and his eyes fell upon a woman, pale, tall, and with a striking resemblance to Rory. He recalled for a moment, the image of that girl he had swooned over for a time, all those years ago. He smiled slightly at the memory, and then went forward slowly, speaking out clearly to make himself known to the wolf in front of him. "Hello! My name is Alvar!" He sat down and held himself gently, to make sure he wouldn't come off as dangerous.
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You discover a half-eaten deer carcass. +5 Health
Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok
Nia lowered her muzzle, ending the call in a slow beautiful melody. She'd done it. She'd marked the whole territory and all alone at that. With a sense of pride and accomplishment she took a step forward back towards the den.

A noise halted her, a single ear twisting back before her entire head followed. She looked on curiously as a wolf, instead of heeding her call, approached steadily. She found it rather odd, but with the bitter cold nipping at her heels a thought came to mind. Softly the Hervok heir smiled at the stranger, her ached tail swaying over her back. She approached with dominace and grace, but there was no aggression on her features.

The male introduced himself, sparking hope to her previous thought. She looked him over and took in his body posture and how he held himself. Deciding this male meant no harm, the winter dame finally spoke. "Lovely to meet you Alvar, I am Nia Hervok. Why have you returned my howl with your presence?" She cocked her head slightly, emerald eyes hopeful. Her tail still wagged high over her, a reminder that while she was friendly she was boss.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar listened to the beautiful woman in front of him, as she spoke her name, Nia, and then promptly asked him why he was there. "Straight to the point is she? Okay then." He thought as he glanced up and down over here, making sure not to stare, lest he seem rude. He locked eyes with her and spoke as plainly as he could, what with his dry throat from the winter air and his run: "My apologies, Nia. I was just coming through here to find some old friends of mine, my former pack-mates. I heard your call and, being that I've been alone for a while, I guess I was just happy to finally hear the voice of another wolf."

He glanced around, and caught a whiff of her scent on the ground around them, pungent and heavy, he guessed she had only just marked the territory. The wind picked up a small bit and Alvar gave it another hopeful sniff, looking for the scents of his old friends, hoping that the pack he knew, was not lost. A sad look fell into his eyes and he stared blankly at the ground, for what in reality was only a second, but it felt like hours. Thoughts of Adelayde, Laike, the pups, everyone, he missed them so badly. Why shouldn't he, they had become his family, no matter what had happened since he joined them, they were one with him, he felt.

He snapped back into reality and looked at the woman again, asking her: "Are you alone here? And by any chance, have you seen any wolves from the old pack, Wild Rye Fields?"
Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok

Nia Hervok
Side by side or miles apart

Nia stood tall and proud, her tail swaying ever so slowly above her spine. Her muscles were relaxed, no tension in her body, despite the obvious display of dominance. She kept a friendly face, smiling all the while waiting on the stranger to answer her. When direct eye contact was made she took a step forward, retracting her paw back at the realization he meant nothing of it. Her grin broadened, tail wagging with more passionately. He was from Secret woodlands?! Her heart sped up, "No apologies needed! I'm afraid your friends aren't here, but we are working to bring the pack back! It's just two of us right now...but I'm certain with time others will join us. Perhaps even those you're seeking. I understand, being alone is hard." She looked at him eagerly, "Would you like to join us?"

The winter dame picked up on the sadness, her smile fading into a frown. Her head cocked the side ever so slightly. She couldn't fathom what he was going through. Nia didn't have time to make connections with other wolves with her studying and all. Her life centered around being a Hervok heir and preparing to lead Secret Woodlands. For the greater most of things, it was all she knew. There was of course her twin but it had been years now, and while she thought of him daily, she assumed him dead. When Alvar broke the silence her tail fell, now realizing he wasn't here for the thickets. "Oh" she muttered with grave disappointment before shaking her head, "I've never even heard of them before...."She trailed off, looking over her shoulder then back, "This is where Secret Woodlands once was. It's disbanded now...but I'm determined to bring it back."

Any excitement she'd held before was now gone. She didn't think this male would be joining them on their pack revival, but didn't want to dismiss him yet. Seemed rather rude if he was as lonely as he claimed. Maybe he'd be up for a hunt? The boarders were marked and food was always needed. She didn't ask just yet, though.

"Speech"

Tags: @Alvar

OOC:

(This post was last modified: Jan 22, 2021, 02:02 AM by Nia.)
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
I'm sorry It took me a bit to get back to this! Thoughts Speech

Alvar listened with intent as the woman suggested that he could join their pack. He had to admit, it was tempting. He was just about to ask her the name when she volunteered the information herself, along with the news he didn't want to hear, his old friends were not here. He let his head drop for a moment, gritting his teeth as he felt the pangs of loss and disappointment hit him once again. Cold air and wetness from the snow did nothing to him compared to this feeling he was all too familiar with, the feeling of having lost those he loved. Not by death usually, but because he wandered, and they weren't there when he returned.

He stood back up straight for a second, giving the proposition of joining the pack a little more thought. "It would mean that I would be beholden to them... Assuming I can make sure I don't make the same mistake of leaving again." His paws itched with the need to move again, either towards the woman in front of him, or away. He felt his heart asking one thing, but his gut saying another. "I've been on my own for a while, so it wouldn't hurt to have a pack." He thought, even as the fangs of doubt gnawed at him. Knowing that if he accepted, then he wouldn't likely be able to just walk away from them if he did find his old pack. But if he kept on like this, he was sure he wouldn't last the winter.

Finally, with his pelt itching at the thought of it, and his tail raised high in a flag, showing confidence, no matter how untrue it was to how he felt, he replied... "I don't see why not, I've been wandering for too long now. I hope you understand though, I will still take some time to look for my old pack, perhaps, if I find them, they may even choose to join as well."

The man lowered his head to the woman in front of him in a curt bow, but was careful not to let her have the impression that he was going to simply kiss up to her, it never truly sat with him, however good he was at pulling of such a display.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok
Nia stood there, waiting, tall and proud. Her posture shown that she was dominate, tail and head high, a regal air flowing off of her. She smiled softly, despite fully expecting him to decline. If his mission was to find his friends, she fully assumed that her goals would have no part in his story. Still she waited quietly, allowing him to maul over the decision and keeping from pushing him away from her boarders. Her brows lifted, a pleasant shock greeting the woman at his words. The winter dame widened her grin, arched banner swaying over her spine.

"We would be happy to have you, for however long." She replied with a momentary dip in her head before rising back up. She could accept if he was not a permanent addition, so long as he helped. "The more the merrier." She added to reassure him that like him his previous pack-mates would be welcomed. "All I ask is that you help mark the boarders daily, given it's only a few of us. Things will change as more wolves join...but for now making our presence known is utmost important."

The woman watched him bow, then stepped forward. If he were not to move away from her the creamy wolf would rest her muzzle on-top of his own. In this she accepted him as a new subordinate, mingling her own scent to his, while also giving a gentle display of alpha. Nia withdrew after a moment, "Would you like a tour?"
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts. Speech.

"Yes I would, thank you, Nia." He smiled brightly as he stepped forward to accompany her before he began to frown again, his sudden burst of happiness at his new companionship suddenly overwhelmed by his former sense of loneliness once again. He looked to his side as he thought about what he'd just done, hoping that he'd learned from his previous mistakes, and that he'd have the strength to continue forward, healing his past.

He looked to the front again, his paws itching to get moving again, to distract him from his current pain. He smelled the air again, his excitement taking over again as he felt the scent of his new pack wash over him, the scents worming into his mind as he let them fix themselves in place as his pack-scent. "So, what do you want to show me first? He asked, beaming at the woman as he bathed in the sensations of everything he'd just had given to him out of her grace.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok
Nia was buzzing with excitement, her first official non-related pack member! A subordinate and even better yet a male. The pack would definitely need males, and if they were to fully establish themselves, pups. A new generation ensured a successful establishment. The winter dame grinned outwardly, stuck in the ideals of such thoughts. Her tail wagged behind her as she continued forward towards home. His words drew her back into the present, "I figured the den, where you can meet my mother, Danica and get acquainted with the heart of our pack land."

The white wolf quickened her pace and trotted steadfast towards the old rocky den until she was mere blur against the scenery. Thorny branches reached out and snagged at her fur as she briskly moved along. There would be much to do in the coming months, but for now, in this very moment she was content. One success at a time.
-Exit-